Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 03:59 PM   #2566
spiritsim
DIS Veteran

Wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleen27 View Post
That is absolutely WRONG. We had a connecting door in our business class room in March, so I can assure you that there are in fact connecting pairs in 9B.

As someone else said, it is important to remember that Disney call center reps are not on property, many have never even been there, and often they just plain get things wrong. It is hard to fault them for it - knowing the answers to every potential question about more than two dozen resorts isn't an easy task! - but if you hear something from 407-DISNEY that doesn't seem quite right it is always a good idea to run it by the experts here on the DIS.
Ok I also asked for connecting business class and was told there aren't any. But some one on this board posted a pic of a connecting room in business class.........

WDW Commando Member #241
First time in the world! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3134097
Old 10-02-2013, 04:06 PM   #2567
spiritsim
DIS Veteran

what is this convention

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
I love wl! Not to sway you but my friend worked there and said that convention is one of the worst. Minus tents they will still tailgate in the parking lots of the resort snd try to bring grills and such. I was going to stay there last year and she advised us not to and we moved to WL lol
What is the name of the convention and when does it hit CSR??

WDW Commando Member #241
First time in the world! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3134097
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2013, 08:37 PM   #2568
BiancaBernard&Penny
Returning to "Earning My Ears" after all these years

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritsim View Post
What is the name of the convention and when does it hit CSR??
Grainger. Feb 9-14 according to the orange co convention center site.

CBR- Sept 1997
CBR- Sept 17-24, 2001
CSR- May 13-20, 2008 ptr- http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2166836

Debating on a trip this year with 4 year old "Penny" and a 12 year old, too!
Old 10-03-2013, 07:11 AM   #2569
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Ok ignore all my posts about Grainger. Disney Visa discounts came out today. Got 35% off at WL so I am switching back to that!!!! Hope to stay at CSR someday!

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW Nov 2014-SSR

Old 10-03-2013, 09:43 PM   #2570
lhuggi1
There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow Starting At The End of Every Day...

20+ Days to go and back home at CSR

1999 - Best Western Orange Blossom Trail - WDW, 2001 - Quality Inn - I-Drive - WDW, 2004 - Caribbean Beach
2007 - Coronado Springs
, 2008 - La Quinta I-Drive - WDW
2009 - Coronado Springs, 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter
2011 - Coronado Springs, 2012 - Disney's Swan & Dolphin, 2012 - Pop Century
2013 - Pop Century, 2013 - UPCOMING Coronado Springs Free DP

boo'd by valenrandy!
Old 10-03-2013, 10:38 PM   #2571
DisneyLoverMomof6
Earning My Ears

Just 2 more weeks to go, and already I'm having trouble sleeping b/c I'm so exited! Nearly 7 years IS WAY TO LONG for me to be away from Disney. That's what I get for moving from Jacksonville, FL to central Ohio and having 4 more kids since we moved. I will miss my family, but really looking forward to spending some much needed ME time with my BFF that I've known for 35 years and celebrating my 40th bday with a bang! Surfing the Dis is the best way for me to help make the time go faster. :-) Can't wait to get back to CSR on the 18th!!!
Old 10-04-2013, 08:47 AM   #2572
BklynGirl
Earning My Ears

60 days till we arrive at CSR - so excited!!!
Couple of questions - I noticed we can do online check-in this morning so I figured I would go ahead and do that. Things went fine till I got to the Room Request section - instead of a text box we could fill in with our requests/preferences, there were check-boxes and it said to pick up to two of the boxes. Unfortunately neither of our requests was listed - we wanted Casitas 4 or 5 (only Ranchos or Cabanas had boxes) & we would love to get a corner room (not a must by any means, but hey it doesn't hurt to ask, right?) and there wasn't any box for that. They had things like - second floor, fourth floor, near transportation, etc. Should I forgo the online check-in and just ask for what we want when we get there? Or contact my travel agent and see if she can put in the request? I know that Casitas 1, 2, and 3 are Preferred Location & we only paid for a King Room, not King-Preferred, but I thought 4 and 5 had non-Preferred rooms?

If I can't have Casitas, what would you recommend for an older couple on an anniversary trip - Ranchos or Cabanas? Not that we don't like children, but we were hoping for a location that was a little quieter than what I've heard Cabanas are. And Ranchos seems like quite a hike to the Pepper Market and Rix Lounge. Not sure we want to do that much walking after being in the parks all day. We also love a hot tub - but are a little leery about the big one at the Dig Site (I assume there will be lots of splashing children in it) - are there smaller hot tubs near any of the quiet pools? What would you all recommend?

Lastly - what's the current story with Magic Bands and Fast Pass+? I heard on another forum that at this point, pretty much all resorts are offering these but I don't see anyplace online where I can order our Magic Bands & when I try to do Fast Pass+ it doesn't allow me to choose our dates. Will I be able to do this once I check-in? If I don't do online check-in, does that mean we won't be able to do Magic Bands and/or Fast Pass+ until we arrive?

Sorry - I know this is a lot of questions but this is a special trip for us and I'd really like to get everything squared away as best I can. Thanks for all of your expertise!!
Old 10-04-2013, 09:21 AM   #2573
Nigel Channing
Earning My Ears

Checked in at CSR on 9/21 for a week and really liked the resort overall, didn't really dig the setup at Pepper Market though and Maya Grill was as good as it was when I visited 5 years ago. The pools were great and were empty for the most part. The buses were mostly good but did have a 50 minute wait on 9/22 trying to get to the MK.

The bad. Upon check-in, the front desk was unable to print my room keys. They said they had to rebook the room which ended up taking over an hour and a half after we arrived. They then screwed up the names on the room keys twice. Then the following day when at the MK, after waiting 50 minutes for the bus, we found out that they listed my fiancee as an infant on her room key so she had a 25 minute wait at Guest Relations where they once again screwed up her name. For all of this, we were given 2 anytime fastpasses for the 12 people in our party and VIP seating at the UK pavilion for Illuminations which was great.

Had a great time despite the issues we ran into.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:26 AM   #2574
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BklynGirl View Post
Things went fine till I got to the Room Request section - instead of a text box we could fill in with our requests/preferences, there were check-boxes and it said to pick up to two of the boxes. Unfortunately neither of our requests was listed - we wanted Casitas 4 or 5 (only Ranchos or Cabanas had boxes) & we would love to get a corner room (not a must by any means, but hey it doesn't hurt to ask, right?) and there wasn't any box for that.
That is the main reason why making room requests during online check in is not recommended. The best way is still to call and have any requests added to your reservation. The CM on the phone then enters them how you word them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BklynGirl View Post
Lastly - what's the current story with Magic Bands and Fast Pass+? I heard on another forum that at this point, pretty much all resorts are offering these but I don't see anyplace online where I can order our Magic Bands & when I try to do Fast Pass+ it doesn't allow me to choose our dates. Will I be able to do this once I check-in? If I don't do online check-in, does that mean we won't be able to do Magic Bands and/or Fast Pass+ until we arrive?
People have been reporting that they MB option pops up on their MDE account anywhere from 60-28 days out. You will just have to keep checking your account as there is no email or other communications that tell you they are ready to be customized.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:29 AM   #2575
sherpa88
Earning My Ears

Staying October 21 through the 27, can't wait to try business class
Old 10-04-2013, 09:37 AM   #2576
shburks
DIS Veteran

Staying one night at CSR after our cruise. We don't want to be in Ranchos because it's so far away but feel like Casitas 4/5 or Cabanas 8 might be OK. Fairly close to the main building and close to a bus stop.

Which would you recommend? Cabanas 8 or Casitas 4/5? Looks like Cabanas 8 is also close to the pool if we had time.

DCL: Wonder: October 2015 * Magic: January 2014 * Fantasy: October 2013 * Dream: January 2013 * Fantasy: August 2012
WDW: Beach Club Apr 2014 * Coronado Springs Oct 2013 * Boardwalk Sept 2013 * Animal Kingdom Lodge July 2013 * PO French Quarter (Jan 2013, Apr 2014) * Pop Century (Aug 2012, Dec 2009) * Wilderness Lodge (Sept, 2013, Oct 2011, Sept 2010), ASMo Dec 2003, off property: 1990, 1988, 1985
Disney's Vero Beach Resort: July 2013
Old 10-04-2013, 12:10 PM   #2577
sherpa88
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know the movie schedule for October yet?
Old 10-04-2013, 12:36 PM   #2578
Meldev
Mouseketeer

Quote:
That is absolutely WRONG. We had a connecting door in our business class room in March, so I can assure you that there are in fact connecting pairs in 9B.

As someone else said, it is important to remember that Disney call center reps are not on property, many have never even been there, and often they just plain get things wrong. It is hard to fault them for it - knowing the answers to every potential question about more than two dozen resorts isn't an easy task! - but if you hear something from 407-DISNEY that doesn't seem quite right it is always a good idea to run it by the experts here on the DIS.
Thank you for that information - I tried every avenue I could think of that day - even placed a call directly to resort, was transferred to someone "in the backroom" at CSR and they refused to admit that any business class rooms connect. I called reservations again, and all are telling me the same thing. Is this their way of keeping families with many kids out of business class? I'm getting a bad taste in regards to CSR and thinking I may book at OKW once I'm able.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:46 PM   #2579
Meldev
Mouseketeer

Maybe mentioned "DISBoards" was the key - I called back today and the lady I spoke with said they indeed DO have connecting rooms.

Still wavering though - considering if the lounge convenience is worth $400 to us.
Old 10-04-2013, 12:46 PM   #2580
Meldev
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Thank you for that information - I tried every avenue I could think of that day - even placed a call directly to resort, was transferred to someone "in the backroom" at CSR and they refused to admit that any business class rooms connect. I called reservations again, and all are telling me the same thing. Is this their way of keeping families with many kids out of business class? I'm getting a bad taste in regards to CSR and thinking I may book at OKW once I'm able.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: