Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 06:06 PM   #2551
Colleen27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meldev View Post
So after much thought and evaluation I decided I was going to forgo the jr suite and book 2 connecting rooms (family of 6) in the business class level of CSR. Happy with my resolution I made the call- only to learn that there are no connecting rooms in the business class section!!! So bummed, on the fly I went with 2 water view rooms in the Cabanas section instead. Disappointed not to have lounge service, but rooms must connect with young children.
That is absolutely WRONG. We had a connecting door in our business class room in March, so I can assure you that there are in fact connecting pairs in 9B.

As someone else said, it is important to remember that Disney call center reps are not on property, many have never even been there, and often they just plain get things wrong. It is hard to fault them for it - knowing the answers to every potential question about more than two dozen resorts isn't an easy task! - but if you hear something from 407-DISNEY that doesn't seem quite right it is always a good idea to run it by the experts here on the DIS.

Old 10-01-2013, 06:12 PM   #2552
Mama Bear Jenn
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by amfie928 View Post
I don't think that's true. We had a connecting door and were in business class room 9502. Almost positive because we talked about the door to no where. I think they just can't guarantee a connecting room.

Business class was great too. Very close to bus stop 1 and El Centro! And the lounge was great for breakfast too. The cms were fantastic!
lol - i think we stayed in that same room too in business class and my kids were fascinated by that door that we couldn't open!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2013, 07:06 PM   #2553
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

I switched our resort to CSR yesterday...just now I saw on Buzz's site that the dreaded Grainger convention is during my week. Seriously, how concerned do I need to be? We were booked for CBR originally but switched to WL to avoid the cheerleader invasion. Really like the look of CSR, but now worried about drunk conventioners. . We are two adults, so no kids, but still....

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-Coronado Springs and AKV Kidani Feb 2015 All Star Music April 2015 AKV Jambo and BWV Oct 2015 POFQ
Old 10-01-2013, 07:48 PM   #2554
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Spent the last half hour reading horror stories from last year. But this year the actual show is at the Orlando Convention Center so it wont be the mess of tents and vendors at CSR, so it should be better, right?? I tried to tell DH about this and he just thinks I am exaggerating because I secretly want to switch back to WL.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW
Nov 2014-Coronado Springs and AKV Kidani Feb 2015 All Star Music April 2015 AKV Jambo and BWV Oct 2015 POFQ
Old 10-01-2013, 07:52 PM   #2555
nkereina
Wendy Darling

A lot of people say it's good when a convention is staying there because the buses and pools are far less crowded during the day while everyone is at the convention. Whenever I travel for work, I go to the convention and don't do much else since I'm only there for business. Hadn't thought about the drunk conventioner factor though.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:01 PM   #2556
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina View Post
A lot of people say it's good when a convention is staying there because the buses and pools are far less crowded during the day while everyone is at the convention. Whenever I travel for work, I go to the convention and don't do much else since I'm only there for business. Hadn't thought about the drunk conventioner factor though.
I wouldnt worry about a normal convention, but this one takes over the property it looks like. I thought drunk and loud was the problem, but it is actually huge tents and equipment set up everywhere.

I need to figure out where I want to stay before the discounts come out next week.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:46 PM   #2557
rangerxenos
Mouseketeer

This is our first stay, and I was wondering if someone can recommend what area we should request to stay in?

I'm hoping for some pixie dust and an upgrade, but otherwise we have a standard room with a king bed reserved.

I have never stayed on property before, and am wondering if you are allowed to request a specific section/building, and which ones are most convenient?

It's just DH and I.

TIA!
Old 10-02-2013, 08:37 AM   #2558
MyFam3
Earning My Ears

Panchitos

We'll be at CSR in two weeks, and its our first stay there. I apologize if this is a repeat question, but I have searched and searched for info on the prices of food/drink at Panchitos, but have had no luck. I find lots of pictures and YouTube videos, but none where prices are readable. Does anyone know prices of any of the breakfast-type items (like boxes of donuts, granola bars, whatever) that we could buy there and take into the park with us? I know its more than grocery store and probably more than convenience stores, but that's all relative since we all live in different cost regions. Also, do they sell cases of bottled water and if so, for how much? Thanks in advance for ANY info you can give me.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:19 AM   #2559
BiancaBernard&Penny
Returning to "Earning My Ears" after all these years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
I wouldnt worry about a normal convention, but this one takes over the property it looks like. I thought drunk and loud was the problem, but it is actually huge tents and equipment set up everywhere. I need to figure out where I want to stay before the discounts come out next week.
Oh, that's a tough one. My initial thought was "run away!" I'm no expert but I remember reading posts when that was going on. I'd personally change resorts... But... You mentioned the Orlando convention center? So there wouldn't be tents, hoses, and wires all over? That's far less scary. To me it would be about the set up more than the people.

CBR- Sept 1997
CBR- Sept 17-24, 2001
CSR- May 13-20, 2008 ptr- http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2166836

Debating on a trip this year with 4 year old "Penny" and a 12 year old, too!
Old 10-02-2013, 09:43 AM   #2560
amfie928
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFam3
We'll be at CSR in two weeks, and its our first stay there. I apologize if this is a repeat question, but I have searched and searched for info on the prices of food/drink at Panchitos, but have had no luck. I find lots of pictures and YouTube videos, but none where prices are readable. Does anyone know prices of any of the breakfast-type items (like boxes of donuts, granola bars, whatever) that we could buy there and take into the park with us? I know its more than grocery store and probably more than convenience stores, but that's all relative since we all live in different cost regions. Also, do they sell cases of bottled water and if so, for how much? Thanks in advance for ANY info you can give me.
Did you check allears.net? Usually they have a detailed listing. Panchitos I think is the store with the souvenirs. I know allears has cafe rix and Maya grille along with the pool bar. If you have a car you might be better just running to walgreens or even the Hess on property by magic kingdom.

Check garden grocer too. They deliver. Not sure of minimum order though as I have not used it.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:33 AM   #2561
MyFam3
Earning My Ears

Panchitos

Quote:
Originally Posted by amfie928 View Post
Did you check allears.net? Usually they have a detailed listing. Panchitos I think is the store with the souvenirs. I know allears has cafe rix and Maya grille along with the pool bar. If you have a car you might be better just running to walgreens or even the Hess on property by magic kingdom.

Check garden grocer too. They deliver. Not sure of minimum order though as I have not used it.
Thanks for the reply! I checked allears but unfortunately still no luck. There’s only 3 of us so we don’t need much, making the Garden Grocer minimum order and then delivery fee more than I care to spend. We won’t have a car either and don’t really want to go the cab route. I was just hoping to save some money and it looks like Panchito’s has a decent selection of stuff…far more than I recall POFQ having when we stayed there.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:42 AM   #2562
Nigel Channing
Earning My Ears

I noticed that the price on a case of water at Panchito's was $16 when I was there last week. That was for a case of 12 oz bottles. We ordered from Garden Grocer and I thought their $8 case was expensive until I saw the price at Panchito's.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:19 AM   #2563
Julie521
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I switched our resort to CSR yesterday...just now I saw on Buzz's site that the dreaded Grainger convention is during my week. Seriously, how concerned do I need to be? We were booked for CBR originally but switched to WL to avoid the cheerleader invasion. Really like the look of CSR, but now worried about drunk conventioners. . We are two adults, so no kids, but still....
As some have said most of the time the conventions usually don't affect the resort too much, and sometimes can even help because the buses and pools are less busy. However, I have read some horror stories during this particular convention. Before you switch, there is a note on Buzz's website that states the "show itself will be at the Orlando Convention Center" so maybe these means less activity around the resort than prior years. Maybe someone can help on that part of it?

Old 10-02-2013, 11:26 AM   #2564
ashleyrm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFam3 View Post
Not sure if this will help. It is not breakfast items but shows a comparison between costs at a resort store, garden grocer and local grocery store. (note this is from 2011)

http://i1.disneyfoodblog.com/wp-cont...yPricesDVC.jpg
March 1994 - Poly; 1995 - CBR; Nov 1997 - All Star Music; Dec 1998 - Beach Club; Aug 1999 - Dixie Landings; July 2002 - POR; Summer 2003 - ASMo; Nov 2004 - POR; April 2005 - OKW Jan 2009 - Port Orleans French Quarter; ; Feb 2009 - POR; Mar/Apr 2009 - BC; May 2009 - POFQ; Nov 2009 - Pop; Mar 2011 - All Star Movies; Apr 2012 - POR; Aug 2012 - ASMu; Dec 2012 - CSR; Feb 2013 - ASSports; May 2013- POFQ; Oct 2013 -CSR; Dec 2013 - ASSports; Feb '14 - AKL; Apr '14 - POP; May '14 - SSR treehouse; Jul 14 - CSR; Oct '14 POFQ/CSR
Old 10-02-2013, 12:42 PM   #2565
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Spent the last half hour reading horror stories from last year. But this year the actual show is at the Orlando Convention Center so it wont be the mess of tents and vendors at CSR, so it should be better, right?? I tried to tell DH about this and he just thinks I am exaggerating because I secretly want to switch back to WL.
I love wl! Not to sway you but my friend worked there and said that convention is one of the worst. Minus tents they will still tailgate in the parking lots of the resort snd try to bring grills and such. I was going to stay there last year and she advised us not to and we moved to WL lol

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: