Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 07:26 PM   #2536
GrizzlyGirl
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queuing4Disney View Post
Hi, I'm not sure if it's against policy to post references to other websites, but please view the review given for the Coronado Springs Resort from yourfirstvisit.net.
Thank you Queuing - that is a great resource! The area looks at big as a deluxe closet and the floor space is potentially more usable!
Old 10-01-2013, 04:33 AM   #2537
dlnsmmy1
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know? We are checking in on October 18. Will they be giving out magic bands at check in? We have a non disney site ressie so no advance band offer. Thanks.
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2013, 05:11 AM   #2538
gmi3804
DIS Veteran

You'll get them at check-in.

But you may be able to get your reservation linked to your MDE by calling central reservations and having them look up your Disney reservation number by your name and check-in date. It's worth a try, anyway.

Stupid Judy.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:53 AM   #2539
nedac
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
Two weeks till we check in! Has anyone gotten a Magic Band invite for check-in before the 14th of Oct?? I did the online check-in and there was no invite like last month at POP and YC. If not, I'm hoping they will be able to activate our previous bands for the 4 nights we stay with the DDP.
We check in on 10/25 and we got ours last week.

Here is something not many travel agents are sharing with their clients... go to myDisneyExperience and customize your bands, making sure you confirm your mailing address. Thats all I did and I had mine in less than a week. For 10/14, you are too close to customize most likely, but if you confirm your address, you might still get them. try it out. I didnt know I was eligible for them until my agent told me. I did everything right from my phone on the app. Even booked all my fastpasses for the week.

April 2012 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek
October 2011 - All Star Music
October 2010 - Port Orleans Riverside
November 2009 - All Star Movies
November 2008 - POP Century
October 2007-POP Century
November 2006 - All-Star Movies
May 2000 - Off-site
July 1997 - Off-site
Old 10-01-2013, 09:00 AM   #2540
Meldev
Mouseketeer

2 std rooms or Junior suite-family of 6

I think I've decided to book at CSR for first week of Oct '14 - but don't know if I hold book 2 std rooms or 1 jr suite? I really want to be in the Cabanas section and taking jr suites are very minimal there.

Anyone sleep on the pullout sofa ever? What's the quality?
Old 10-01-2013, 09:05 AM   #2541
Meldev
Mouseketeer

Pepper Market with young kids

The only reservation I have about CSR is the varied reviews on the PM - we loved POR's food court. Our kids will be 11 and under down to near 3. Will PM be less relaxed? Will we be worrying about the kids every move and noise?
Old 10-01-2013, 10:07 AM   #2542
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedac View Post

Here is something not many travel agents are sharing with their clients... go to myDisneyExperience and customize your bands, making sure you confirm your mailing address. Thats all I did and I had mine in less than a week. For 10/14, you are too close to customize most likely, but if you confirm your address, you might still get them. try it out. I didnt know I was eligible for them until my agent told me. I did everything right from my phone on the app. Even booked all my fastpasses for the week.
How many Travel Agents have you polled on this subject? What makes you think "not many travel agents are sharing" this information with their clients? I tell all my clients about it and other agents I know are also telling their clients. In fact I don't know any agents who aren't sharing this information. But why let facts get in the way of a good story.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:20 AM   #2543
MrsPMC00
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nedac View Post

I disagree with this about "Not many travel agents telling their clients"! TA's are being specifically told by Disney, and even provided with email invitations and reminders to send to their clients to help them through the process of setting up the MB and FP+. If a TA is NOT doing that, I would suspect they are the exception.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:47 AM   #2544
SJSKJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPMC00 View Post
I disagree with this about "Not many travel agents telling their clients"! TA's are being specifically told by Disney, and even provided with email invitations and reminders to send to their clients to help them through the process of setting up the MB and FP+. If a TA is NOT doing that, I would suspect they are the exception.
I can only speak from my experience...but my TA did not tell my anything about magic bands at all. I haven't even heard from her since I paid my balance off. I wouldn't have known to even "look" for magic bands on MDE had it not been for these forums. That is one reason why I will be using a new TA in the future.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:04 AM   #2545
Nigel Channing
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meldev View Post
The only reservation I have about CSR is the varied reviews on the PM - we loved POR's food court. Our kids will be 11 and under down to near 3. Will PM be less relaxed? Will we be worrying about the kids every move and noise?
I wouldn't worry about this. The biggest annoyance at PM with kids is that everyone doesn't want food from the same station. So you have multiple stops and everyone is getting their food at a different time.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:17 PM   #2546
spiritsim
DIS Veteran

Woot!!

I have exactly one year from today and we will be at WDW CSR business class rooms.......can't wait to excited one short year away

WDW Commando Member #241
First time in the world! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3134097
Old 10-01-2013, 12:29 PM   #2547
Meldev
Mouseketeer

Unhappy No connecting rooms in business class!

So after much thought and evaluation I decided I was going to forgo the jr suite and book 2 connecting rooms (family of 6) in the business class level of CSR. Happy with my resolution I made the call- only to learn that there are no connecting rooms in the business class section!!! So bummed, on the fly I went with 2 water view rooms in the Cabanas section instead. Disappointed not to have lounge service, but rooms must connect with young children.

AND no one in Coronado Springs is owning up to there being a Jr. Suite in the Cabanas section at all.

Well, we'll see what offers come out and how my reservation changes - I've got a year and a few days....
Old 10-01-2013, 01:15 PM   #2548
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The way I see it PM is more relaxed. The host/hostess seats you at a table so you don't have the mad scramble to get a table like most QS. Once you know what the kids want they could sit at the table with one parent while the oldest child helped the other parent get the food.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:17 PM   #2549
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So after much thought and evaluation I decided I was going to forgo the jr suite and book 2 connecting rooms (family of 6) in the business class level of CSR. Happy with my resolution I made the call- only to learn that there are no connecting rooms in the business class section!!! So bummed, on the fly I went with 2 water view rooms in the Cabanas section instead. Disappointed not to have lounge service, but rooms must connect with young children.

AND no one in Coronado Springs is owning up to there being a Jr. Suite in the Cabanas section at all.

Well, we'll see what offers come out and how my reservation changes - I've got a year and a few days....
Keep in mind the person on the phone is at a call center and has most likely never been to CSR. They are just going by the information that is available to them. I always book online.
Old 10-01-2013, 04:59 PM   #2550
amfie928
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meldev

I don't think that's true. We had a connecting door and were in business class room 9502. Almost positive because we talked about the door to no where. I think they just can't guarantee a connecting room.

Business class was great too. Very close to bus stop 1 and El Centro! And the lounge was great for breakfast too. The cms were fantastic!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: