Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-22-2013, 05:38 PM   #2476
nkereina
Wendy Darling
 
nkereina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Niagara Falls, NY
Posts: 7,759

I'm also curious about the quiet pool closure in Casitas. Anyone know any details? I requested Casitas for November because of the quiet pool but if its closed, we may want to request Cabanas...
nkereina is offline  
Old 09-22-2013, 07:18 PM   #2477
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7
 
TinkerbellLuvr7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Orlando, FL-5 mins from the WDW Arch!
Posts: 5,258

Just booked for Oct 11-15th! DF and I have a King room and hoping for Cabanas! We stayed in King Business Class last time and loved it but they didn't have any openings for my discount this time!
__________________
TinkerbellLuvr7 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-23-2013, 01:10 PM   #2478
wvgoofyfan
Mouseketeer
 
wvgoofyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Wild, Wonderful West Virginia
Posts: 337

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
So glad you enjoyed your stay!

Did you happen to notice any signs stating how long the pool/fountains would be closed for renovations? I don't see these refurbs listed on the Disney site so I am wondering what's going on??? TIA
The fountains didn't appear to be under any refurb, just turned off. They were full of water so I don't think they were working on the fountains. There was no other signs other than "Please excuse our dust- Use alternate walkways and arrows pointed down an alternate route thru the cassitas.
__________________
ASMusic March 31-April 4, 14:CSR SEPT 10-SEPT 17,13: Pop, SEPT 27-OCT 5,12: CSR Oct 20-25,11:POFQ, Feb 11-17, 11: Pop, May 19-27, 09:GF - Nov 15-23,08:POFQ Sept 3-9, 08: Off site Feb 28-March9, 08, POP - Nov 28-Dec 5, 07: ASSp -June 7-10, 07: CSR Feb 7-11, 07: POP Sept 30 - Oct 8, 06:Off site June 5-11, 05: POP Oct 8-15, 04:CSR Oct 3-11, 03: Off site Oct 02, 02: 17 trips and counting
wvgoofyfan is offline  
Old 09-23-2013, 01:11 PM   #2479
wvgoofyfan
Mouseketeer
 
wvgoofyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Wild, Wonderful West Virginia
Posts: 337

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina View Post
I'm also curious about the quiet pool closure in Casitas. Anyone know any details? I requested Casitas for November because of the quiet pool but if its closed, we may want to request Cabanas...
Please note: I didn't say the quiet pool was closed, I said the walkway was closed. I'm sorry I didn't make myself clear.
__________________
ASMusic March 31-April 4, 14:CSR SEPT 10-SEPT 17,13: Pop, SEPT 27-OCT 5,12: CSR Oct 20-25,11:POFQ, Feb 11-17, 11: Pop, May 19-27, 09:GF - Nov 15-23,08:POFQ Sept 3-9, 08: Off site Feb 28-March9, 08, POP - Nov 28-Dec 5, 07: ASSp -June 7-10, 07: CSR Feb 7-11, 07: POP Sept 30 - Oct 8, 06:Off site June 5-11, 05: POP Oct 8-15, 04:CSR Oct 3-11, 03: Off site Oct 02, 02: 17 trips and counting
wvgoofyfan is offline  
Old 09-23-2013, 02:52 PM   #2480
amy hood
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: GA
Posts: 72

Question Refrigerator?????

I read a few weeks back the the fridges Disney is using in the parks resorts and villas are being replaced. Hopefully the resort rooms have them. Anybody know?
amy hood is offline  
Old 09-23-2013, 06:06 PM   #2481
CleKait
Disney World is my happy place.
 
CleKait's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 262

I'm trying to price out hotels for my trip in January and notice on the website that there are no standard rooms available for the last week, any one have an idea why?
__________________
Port Orleans Riverside Jan '15
Disneyland April '14
All Star Music Jan '14
Pop Century Jan '13
Epcot for the day March '11
Port Orleans Riverside May '08
Wilderness Lodge Feb '03
Off-Site March '97

CleKait is offline  
Old 09-23-2013, 06:29 PM   #2482
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran
 
RinkyTinkyTinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,066

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvgoofyfan View Post
The fountains didn't appear to be under any refurb, just turned off. They were full of water so I don't think they were working on the fountains. There was no other signs other than "Please excuse our dust- Use alternate walkways and arrows pointed down an alternate route thru the cassitas.
Thanks for the info. Maybe they were just cleaning or landscaping???
RinkyTinkyTinky is online now  
Old 09-23-2013, 07:56 PM   #2483
nkereina
Wendy Darling
 
nkereina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Niagara Falls, NY
Posts: 7,759

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvgoofyfan View Post
Please note: I didn't say the quiet pool was closed, I said the walkway was closed. I'm sorry I didn't make myself clear.
Ohhhh good! My mistake - I'm sure I overlooked that. Phew!
nkereina is offline  
Old 09-24-2013, 05:01 AM   #2484
newlittleminnie
DIS Veteran
 
newlittleminnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cumbria, United Kingdom
Posts: 680

I'm looking at booking CSR for 10/27-11/6 next year and the only room option showing up is 'king bed rooms' is this simply a case of certain rooms being released at intervals and other rooms could be released at a later date? Or does it mean these are the only rooms left?

We were hoping to book a preferred room :/
__________________
There's No Place Like Home: 2013 Trip Report

August 2012: Highlands Reserve ~ August 2013: High Grove ~
October 2013: DLRP Hotel Cheyenne
~ October 2014: WDW Art of Animation?


newlittleminnie is offline  
Old 09-24-2013, 06:00 AM   #2485
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas
 
RachelTori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Georgia & SSR
Posts: 13,370

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlittleminnie View Post
I'm looking at booking CSR for 10/27-11/6 next year and the only room option showing up is 'king bed rooms' is this simply a case of certain rooms being released at intervals and other rooms could be released at a later date? Or does it mean these are the only rooms left?

We were hoping to book a preferred room :/
It likely means those rooms are already booked, or at least blocked. There are historically lots of conventions in October/November at CSR.

Also, keep in mind, if even 1 of those nights is not available for the room type you want, it will show that room type as "unavailable" for your entire time-frame.
__________________
LOR-uh



RachelTori is offline  
Old 09-24-2013, 06:16 AM   #2486
newlittleminnie
DIS Veteran
 
newlittleminnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cumbria, United Kingdom
Posts: 680

I just find it strange even with conventions that such a large resort would have almost all rooms booked almost 14 months in advance shame we couldn't book any earlier
__________________
There's No Place Like Home: 2013 Trip Report

August 2012: Highlands Reserve ~ August 2013: High Grove ~
October 2013: DLRP Hotel Cheyenne
~ October 2014: WDW Art of Animation?


newlittleminnie is offline  
Old 09-24-2013, 07:04 AM   #2487
westgrove
Mouseketeer
 
westgrove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Preston, UK
Posts: 258

Is there anywhere to easily get hot/boiling water at CSR?
Can you get just hot water using the coffee machines in-room?

many thanks, Laura
__________________
Oct 2010 - Disneyland CA (offsite)
May 2012 - WDW (CSR)
Oct 2013 - WDW (CSR/AoA)
Nov 2014 - Disneyland Paris (?)
May 2015 - Tokyo Disneyland (?)
westgrove is offline  
Old 09-24-2013, 08:23 AM   #2488
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran
 
RinkyTinkyTinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,066

I have actually found on several occasions that when I go to price a particular room, there is no availability, even way in advance. I know something isn't right, so I check back later and it's usually there then. I'm not sure why that happens, but it does. Maybe just a technical glitch or something. I would check back on it and I bet the room you want will be open.
RinkyTinkyTinky is online now  
Old 09-24-2013, 08:31 AM   #2489
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon
 
Venomhatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL
Posts: 4,795

Quote:
Originally Posted by westgrove View Post
Is there anywhere to easily get hot/boiling water at CSR?
Can you get just hot water using the coffee machines in-room?

many thanks, Laura
Yeah you can run water through the coffee makers without a filter in it and it will get pretty hot, not boiling but hot.
Venomhatch is offline  
Old 09-24-2013, 04:46 PM   #2490
newlittleminnie
DIS Veteran
 
newlittleminnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cumbria, United Kingdom
Posts: 680

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
I have actually found on several occasions that when I go to price a particular room, there is no availability, even way in advance. I know something isn't right, so I check back later and it's usually there then. I'm not sure why that happens, but it does. Maybe just a technical glitch or something. I would check back on it and I bet the room you want will be open.
This is what I'm hoping. I've just checked on complete Orlando and for the same dates they have almost every room type available, so hopefully it's just a glitch
__________________
There's No Place Like Home: 2013 Trip Report

August 2012: Highlands Reserve ~ August 2013: High Grove ~
October 2013: DLRP Hotel Cheyenne
~ October 2014: WDW Art of Animation?


newlittleminnie is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: