Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2013, 07:34 PM   #2416
jedijuhl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney1474 View Post
I believe its near bus stop #2 not 4
Yes oops. Yep it's Casitas #4 and bus stop #2

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 09-18-2013, 01:32 AM   #2417
BlueGiraffe
Mouseketeer

When we made our booking online (Disney UK) we reserved a "water view" room (at the request of DH). Does anyone know what building this is likely to be...?

Register to remove

Old 09-18-2013, 08:46 AM   #2418
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by shburks View Post
Can you CSR experts give me some advice? Staying at CSR standard room one night. What building or area should I request? We're coming from the port from a Disney Cruise so I'd just love to do a short walk to the room and quick access to a bus.
OT but we are doing the opposite!!! We are staying for 4 night at CSR and then driving down to Miami to get the Magic on 10/27.

I have read that "Cabanas" building is closest to El Centro and bus stops but I just recently started researching this resort so others may have better info.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 1 time

)“DON'T BE SAD IT'S OVER, BE HAPPY IT HAPPENED!!
mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:58 AM   #2419
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLoverMomof6 View Post
Just signed into MDE and was asked to customize our MBs and choose FP+! We check in at CSR on October 18-23. Can't wait... Happy 40th bday to me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
I just checked my MDE also and was allowed to order Magic Bands for our October 24-31 CSR stay!!! Yay!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelHathi View Post
Same here on FP+! Oct 18-25 at CSR and was checking into F! FP+ for our POR stay Oct 25-27 and SURPRISED to see FP+ available for our entire WDW stay. Really crazy since we have MB ordered for the POR portion and FP+ for about 2+ weeks now, so we just figured we it wouldn't happen for CSR. YIPPEE! Now hope we can double dip a bit on FP/FP+ as that would be way cool!

Wonder if the MB will work the entire time with the split stay? I've heard you need 2 sets though from the Dis.
I also signed into MDE and was able to get Magic Bands for our stay 10/23-10/27. I called to cancel another reservation and the CM on the phone said they are starting the MB's at CSR on 10-14-13.

I was very excited and had all my reservations linked but when I went to do my Fastpass+ it let me book 3 FP for 2 of our 4 day stay but when I tried to make them for a 3rd day it said I used up my allotment? I thought you could book 3 FP's per day of your stay? Is that incorrect? Thanks for your help.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 1 time

)“DON'T BE SAD IT'S OVER, BE HAPPY IT HAPPENED!!
mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:23 AM   #2420
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmouse37 View Post
I also signed into MDE and was able to get Magic Bands for our stay 10/23-10/27. I called to cancel another reservation and the CM on the phone said they are starting the MB's at CSR on 10-14-13.

I was very excited and had all my reservations linked but when I went to do my Fastpass+ it let me book 3 FP for 2 of our 4 day stay but when I tried to make them for a 3rd day it said I used up my allotment? I thought you could book 3 FP's per day of your stay? Is that incorrect? Thanks for your help.

MJ
I was allowed to book 3 FP+s per day based on the fact that I have 6 day base tickets (I think). That was my assumption because I was allowed to book 3 a day for 6 days of our trip. We are staying 8 nights, but I wasn't allowed to book 8 days worth so I am pretty sure it's based on the tickets you purchased.

If that doesn't solve your problem, then call the Magic Band help #. It's on the Disney site with all the other contact numbers. I had to do this to get one of my bands straightened out that I was having issues with.
RinkyTinkyTinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:25 AM   #2421
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiLovesWDW! View Post
Does anyone know - are the junior suites all together or spread out? I'm wondering if you can get a junior suite next to a regular room.

Thanks in advance! (Sorry if this has been addressed before, I didn't read through the whole thread.)
Most of the junior suites are in the casitas (I think casitas 1 and 3, which are preferred buildings). There are two junior suites in the cabanas (one in 8B and one in 9B). There are regular rooms next to junior suites, but they might not be standard view rooms. Casitas 1, 2 and 3 are preferred rooms, and cabana 9B is business class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueGiraffe View Post
When we made our booking online (Disney UK) we reserved a "water view" room (at the request of DH). Does anyone know what building this is likely to be...?

Waterview at CSR means a view of the lake, the quiet pools, or the fountains, so you could be almost anywhere. Casitas 1,2 and 3 are preferred (standard and waterview) and cabana 9B is business class. People are occasionally upgraded to preferred rooms (so you might get placed in one of those even if you didn't book it, especially for just one night), but they are not usually upgraded to business class.
StitchandPooh'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:53 AM   #2422
BlueGiraffe
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom
Waterview at CSR means a view of the lake, the quiet pools, or the fountains, so you could be almost anywhere. Casitas 1,2 and 3 are preferred (standard and waterview) and cabana 9B is business class. People are occasionally upgraded to preferred rooms (so you might get placed in one of those even if you didn't book it, especially for just one night), but they are not usually upgraded to business class.
Thanks. I don't mind where we are, I just thought that if waterview meant one building in particular then I'd Google some pictures of it. But no worries.
Old 09-18-2013, 10:03 AM   #2423
rangerxenos
Mouseketeer

Quote:
There may not be as many rides at AK as there is at MK but I read that AK is actually the biggest of all 4 parks because of how much land it takes up.

Also, it's my favourite park!!
AK is also one of my two favorite parks (EPCOT is the other), and in my opinion if you rush through it in half a day you are missing out on a LOT!
rangerxenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:19 AM   #2424
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We booked Business Class this time for the guaranteed Cabanas 9B location. However before their was Business Class we always booked Waterview for two reasons.

1) To my knowledge there is no waterviews in Ranchos 6A, 6B, or 7A which are the only locations I really wouldn't want a room in at CSR. Most likely locations are Casitas 4 or 5 facing the lagoon (or pool side in Casitas 4), Cabanas 8A or 8B facing lagoon, Cabanas 9A pool view, or Ranchos 7B pool view. All are nice locations IMO.

2) Because a waterview at CSR is the same price as a preferred room I find its gives you more negotiating power at the check-in when trying to get a different room location becasue you have already paid a bit of a premium.
saskdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:43 AM   #2425
shburks
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney1474 View Post
I believe its near bus stop #2 not 4
Is this something I can request for online checkin or do I need to call and put this request in via phone?

DCL: Fantasy: December 2014 * Magic: January 2014 * Fantasy: October 2013 * Dream: January 2013 * Fantasy: August 2012
WDW: Beach Club Apr 2014 * Coronado Springs Oct 2013 * Boardwalk Sept 2013 * Animal Kingdom Lodge July 2013 * PO French Quarter (Jan 2013, Apr 2014) * Pop Century (Aug 2012, Dec 2009) * Wilderness Lodge (Sept, 2013, Oct 2011, Sept 2010), ASMo Dec 2003, off property: 1990, 1988, 1985
Disney's Vero Beach Resort: July 2013
shburks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:47 PM   #2426
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shburks View Post
Is this something I can request for online checkin or do I need to call and put this request in via phone?
I just did online check in via mydisneyreservation.com
and it did give me the option of which section but didn't have a ton of specifics to ask for. I would do the online check in and then call them to confirm what is in your check in with the CM.

New to all this so just saying my thoughts. No expert on it.

2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)

WAITING FOR THE NEXT DREAM COME TRUE PLANNING!
RejoyceoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:50 PM   #2427
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shburks

Because the options during online check in are usually somewhat limited, it's always best to call and have requests added to your reservation.
Old 09-18-2013, 01:57 PM   #2428
gmi3804
DIS Veteran

If your requests are already linked to your reservation, DO NOT make any further requests during online check-in, as those requests will override your original requests. No need to fax requests, but make sure they're noted on your reservation at least six days prior to your arrival date.

¡Por favor manténgase alejado de las puertas!

We leave for the sake of leaving
And without knowing why
We say, "We must go!"
-
Words of the poet Beaudelaire
gmi3804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:05 PM   #2429
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmi3804 View Post
If your requests are already linked to your reservation, DO NOT make any further requests during online check-in, as those requests will override your original requests. No need to fax requests, but make sure they're noted on your reservation at least six days prior to your arrival date.
Thanks for pointing that out. I assumed that was true because just moving from FQ over the CSR removed some of the things I requested on my original reservation and it still pertained to this resort.

I plan to call a week or two before my arrival to just make sure we are all set.

Good luck everyone.

2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)

WAITING FOR THE NEXT DREAM COME TRUE PLANNING!
RejoyceoverDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:02 PM   #2430
amfie928
Mouseketeer

I just got back from CSR. We were in business class room 9502. Literally a 5 minute walk (and I am slow) to bus stop 4 and El Centro. We never made it to the pool. There was a quiet pool close by too.

We had breakfast every morning at the lounge. Bagels, fruit, cereals and either pastry or muffin. We only made it once for any length of time at night and you had to ask for sangria or beer/wine. No problem getting it though. Snacks were hummus, cheese and crackers, fruit and chips and pretzels.

I liked not having to use snack credits for breakfast! We never used our resort mugs as we would run in and grab soda from the lounge before going to room. The resort was very quiet too. A few times we waited for busses but only coming back from parks did we stand. But we are not rope drop people. Earliest we ever got going was maybe 9:30.

Next time I think I will lay off the dinner adrs. Maybe then we will get a chance to use the pool!
amfie928 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: