Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-30-2012, 12:17 PM   #226
longhorns2
DIS Veteran
 
longhorns2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Austin-ish, TX
Posts: 1,874

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeforus View Post
How do you book this? There is not a b.c. option on the website.
It may only be available on certain dates. My understanding is that it may be booked for convention use. If it's not being used for them, then they open up the usage for regular resort visitors. You may be looking at dates already booked for a convention.
__________________
Patty, aka Mommy to DS 1 DS 2 DD 1 DS 3 and DD 2

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
longhorns2 is offline  
Old 12-30-2012, 01:38 PM   #227
Buddy18
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 109

It may be sold out as there is only one building that houses the club level rooms.
Buddy18 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-30-2012, 01:41 PM   #228
hopeforus
Mouseketeer
 
hopeforus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 154

thanks for the quick answers. i have tried 2 different weeks, but will check a few others.
hopeforus is offline  
Old 12-30-2012, 03:43 PM   #229
Butwhyistherumgone?
I've got a jar of dirt! I've got a jar of dirt! And guess what's inside it!
 
Butwhyistherumgone?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Caribbean, Luv
Posts: 350

Excited!! Just booked our first stay at CSR for June 3- 10
Butwhyistherumgone? is offline  
Old 12-30-2012, 05:59 PM   #230
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!
 
goofy4prez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: N.E. Ohio
Posts: 3,187

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopeforus View Post
How do you book this? There is not a b.c. option on the website.
I would call and enquire as to the availability. On the old site I was given a price and saved it that included BC. On the new site there was not a single date I tried that showed availability with BC including the date I had saved on the old site. When I went to the old site it was still there. I booked my trip on the old site, paid a deposit, printed my confirmation showing the BC room class. Not taking any chances. I am still amazed at the incompetency of those responsible for this new website.
__________________
Aug. 2008 Wilderness Lodge- CL Jan 2009 Yacht Club-CL Aug. 2010 Wilderness Lodge-CL Dec. 2013 Wilderness Lodge-CL June 2014 Contemporary Resort-CL June 2015 Grand Floridian Villas



Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
goofy4prez is offline  
Old 12-30-2012, 08:25 PM   #231
dfarner
I married my Prince Charming.
 
dfarner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 994

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4prez View Post
I would call and enquire as to the availability. On the old site I was given a price and saved it that included BC. On the new site there was not a single date I tried that showed availability with BC including the date I had saved on the old site. When I went to the old site it was still there. I booked my trip on the old site, paid a deposit, printed my confirmation showing the BC room class. Not taking any chances. I am still amazed at the incompetency of those responsible for this new website.
I did the same thing. Somehow found a link I had saved to the old site and booked Business Class that way. I paid the deposit, printed, etc...just as you did. I did this last night and now my hubby says we may go to POR Riverside or jump up to Beach Club! I agree, the new website is ridiculous. Last night I had to manually put in some of my dining reservations. Are you kidding me? I'm going to spend $6,000+ between a cruise and land vacation and I have to manually enter reservations??
__________________

Me DH DD11 DD7

1992-2004 many offsite trips
2005-ASMo,ASMu,OKW 2006-SSR 2007-OKW 2008-POR and VWL 2009-Dolphin
2010-Grand Floridian~SugarLoaf
2011-Polynesian~GVCL
2013-Port Orleans Riverside, Beach Club~SVCL

Last edited by dfarner; 12-30-2012 at 08:29 PM. Reason: changed wording a bit!
dfarner is offline  
Old 12-30-2012, 08:29 PM   #232
dfarner
I married my Prince Charming.
 
dfarner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 994

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butwhyistherumgone? View Post
Excited!! Just booked our first stay at CSR for June 3- 10
We are booked now for June 2-8, after a DCL cruise to the Bahamas. We booked business class, so can't wait to see what that brings..
My hubby is contemplating POR or Beach Club, but for now, CSR it is!
__________________

Me DH DD11 DD7

1992-2004 many offsite trips
2005-ASMo,ASMu,OKW 2006-SSR 2007-OKW 2008-POR and VWL 2009-Dolphin
2010-Grand Floridian~SugarLoaf
2011-Polynesian~GVCL
2013-Port Orleans Riverside, Beach Club~SVCL
dfarner is offline  
Old 12-30-2012, 08:49 PM   #233
ginnygi
Mouseketeer
 
ginnygi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 258

coffee maker

For someone who has stayed here recently: Do the coffee makers have timers, so you can set up the night prior to just start making itself in the morning? Thanks in advance!
__________________
ginnygi is offline  
Old 12-30-2012, 08:51 PM   #234
dansdad
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 1,209 miles from CBR.
Posts: 6,269

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnygi View Post
For someone who has stayed here recently: Do the coffee makers have timers, so you can set up the night prior to just start making itself in the morning? Thanks in advance!
Nope.
__________________
ME DW DS12
dansdad is offline  
Old 12-31-2012, 03:46 PM   #235
ginnygi
Mouseketeer
 
ginnygi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 258

Bummer. Thanks Dansdad.
__________________
ginnygi is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 09:12 AM   #236
ginnygi
Mouseketeer
 
ginnygi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 258

Ranchos, Casitas, or Cabanas

Which is the best area of the three to stay in? I heard Ranchos is not as good as the other two areas? Casitas seems to get the most positive reviews. Any opinions? Thanks!
__________________
ginnygi is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 05:35 PM   #237
Hoosier Mom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Plainfield, Indiana
Posts: 1,130

Oh no!!! No more breakfast buffet. That was my favorite part. I have an extremely picky son. It is so easy to feed a picky kid getting a little of this and a little of that. At least the mickey waffles are staying. So how will ala carte work? You still choose the items you want, but you get charged individual prices? Or will there be a new menu? Ugh.
__________________
Hoosier Mom is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 08:22 PM   #238
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .
 
StitchandPooh'sMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 6,624

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier Mom View Post
Oh no!!! No more breakfast buffet. That was my favorite part. I have an extremely picky son. It is so easy to feed a picky kid getting a little of this and a little of that. At least the mickey waffles are staying. So how will ala carte work? You still choose the items you want, but you get charged individual prices? Or will there be a new menu? Ugh.
There is a new menu. I saw it online, but it is not a link I can post on the DIS. You can probably Google new menu for Pepper Market, though. The menu on the DIS is dated 12/12, but it is not the new a la carte menu. There are a lot of breakfast choices, which I am happy about since Cafe Rix had a limited menu.

The new PM menu has Mickey waffles, eggs and french toast sticks for kids, as well as fruits, oatmeal, grits and pastries. There are several adult entrees - omelets, Mickey waffles, burritos, breakfast pizzas, Creme Brulee french toast, eggs, etc.
StitchandPooh'sMom is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 08:49 PM   #239
Hoosier Mom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Plainfield, Indiana
Posts: 1,130

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
There is a new menu. I saw it online, but it is not a link I can post on the DIS. You can probably Google new menu for Pepper Market, though. The menu on the DIS is dated 12/12, but it is not the new a la carte menu. There are a lot of breakfast choices, which I am happy about since Cafe Rix had a limited menu.

The new PM menu has Mickey waffles, eggs and french toast sticks for kids, as well as fruits, oatmeal, grits and pastries. There are several adult entrees - omelets, Mickey waffles, burritos, breakfast pizzas, Creme Brulee french toast, eggs, etc.
Thanks, I found it. Sure wish they would keep both options....buffet and ala carte. That buffet sure was a great deal. I can probably order mickey waffles for the kiddo and go get a yogurt at Rix for him with a snack credit. He won't eat bacon or sausage. I sort of recall for the buffet they had a couple different scrambled egg choices and if I recall they had a couple different breakfast potato options. Sure loved going around putting a little of this and that on my plate.
__________________
Hoosier Mom is offline  
Old 01-01-2013, 09:01 PM   #240
ADisneyQueen
DIS Veteran
 
ADisneyQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: PA
Posts: 3,564

I'm glad that they are getting rid of the buffet. We ate there for lunch in June, and although it was a great use of a qs credit, we will not be getting the dining plan this time. I did not want to pay for the buffet, and was worried about the limited breakfast menu at cafe rix. We are a family that has to have a breakfast before we go to the parks. I still don't like the automatic gratuity and we may eat outside sometime b/c the view is really nice.
__________________
Our Family DH Me DD17 DD13, DC 18 RIP, DC 2
Dec.2001-First family trip to WDW, ASMovies
Nov.2003-CSR,Oct. 2004-Offsite at HIFS(now Nick Hotel)March 2006-POP,Easter March 2008- POP
Christmas 2009-CBR and RI Seaworld,June 2012-POP
Aug 2013- CSR and AOA
ADisneyQueen is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: