Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 09:42 PM   #2266
souris
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina View Post
Apologies if this has already been asked and answered, but any inclination that CSR will be a MB/FP+ test resort for October and/or November? Or is it still anyone's guess?
Anyone's guess... No info on MagicBands in November.

Disneyland Paris
1997, 2008
Old 09-08-2013, 09:49 PM   #2267
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by souris View Post
Anyone's guess... No info on MagicBands in November.
Agree and I've not heard anything in regard to that. I did hear it might be the last resort because of it being a business/conference center. But nothing official.

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-09-2013, 12:43 AM   #2268
jedijuhl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post

Agree and I've not heard anything in regard to that. I did hear it might be the last resort because of it being a business/conference center. But nothing official.
Wasn't CSR part of some testing back in June or July? I thought I read that somewhere on the board. If they were, that should mean that they are already set up with the new readers right? What about the room doors? Does anyone know if they are set up for entry with a MagicBand?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Old 09-09-2013, 02:38 AM   #2269
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijuhl View Post
Wasn't CSR part of some testing back in June or July? I thought I read that somewhere on the board. If they were, that should mean that they are already set up with the new readers right? What about the room doors? Does anyone know if they are set up for entry with a MagicBand?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Yes, CSR already had MB testing back in June. They are setup for it when it goes live.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:02 AM   #2270
Wcpedorc
Mouseketeer

Just back from a 4 night stay at CSR business class. It was a great trip
Old 09-09-2013, 08:32 AM   #2271
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
Yes, CSR already had MB testing back in June. They are setup for it when it goes live.
See not an expert. Infact back in June I was not planning CSR so I would not have been paying attention to the MB.

I"m not letting MB stress me in either direction because I never had a problem with the credit card kind of resort passes so I'm ok either way. I don't "see" and advantage to how my vacation will go either way.

For those that want them a lot!!! , I hope you get pixie dust.

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)
Old 09-09-2013, 08:59 AM   #2272
troll buster
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney

See not an expert. Infact back in June I was not planning CSR so I would not have been paying attention to the MB.

I"m not letting MB stress me in either direction because I never had a problem with the credit card kind of resort passes so I'm ok either way. I don't "see" and advantage to how my vacation will go either way.

I don't get all the hype either.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:19 AM   #2273
PrincessPiperMommy
Mouseketeer

Thank you Momoftwins+1!!!
6-2005 DisneyLand Offsite/6-2006 DisneyLand Offsite/10-2006 DisneyLand Offsite/12-2007 WDW Pop Century/05-2008 DisneyLand Offsite/06-2009 WDW Offsite/09-2009 WDW Pop Century/04-2010 WDW Pop Century/11-2011 WDW Pop Century/12-2012 WDW Pop Century/10-2013 WDW CSR/3-2014 WDW CSR
Old 09-09-2013, 09:19 AM   #2274
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Was the testing they did at CSR back in June only for CMs? I know they started with CM testing before moving it on to resort guests...

Quote:

The only advantage I see right now is the fact that you can book FP+ reservations AND use paper fast passes during the testing stage. I couldn't care less about the band, but would like to take advantage of fast pass "double dipping" while we can. Being able to book FP+ ahead of time will allow us to sleep in some mornings too, which would be great!
Old 09-09-2013, 12:22 PM   #2275
Disneylvr
Mommy of Madelyn, Ebay Addict and Happy Scrapbooker
No longer addicted to the Creek
We could watch Wishes every night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wcpedorc View Post
Just back from a 4 night stay at CSR business class. It was a great trip
Did you notice kids in the lounge? We are considering at stay at CSR but have a young daughter.
20+ Disney Trips Since 1985 - All Star Movies, All Star Music, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Polynesian, Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside and Wilderness Lodge
Old 09-09-2013, 01:04 PM   #2276
Mom2Stitch
Mouseketeer

I've not read the entire thread, sorry I'm sure my questions are answered somewhere here

1. Are the RapidFill mugs at CSR yet? I really, really want a purple one, I have plenty of pink already.

2.Have stayed there for the past 2 years and I can't seem to remember this...do they have iphone clock radios/docking stations? I have a white noise app that would be great to play through a speaker. We are so use to sleeping with a fan for the noise.

Less than 2 weeks and we will be there, so excited
Old 09-09-2013, 02:25 PM   #2277
PFlamingo
My dog just found the chainsaw

First Time at CSR

Hi Everyone!

My DH and I will be staying here the last week of this month. I just booked it in order to use our Military Salute tickets before they expire. We usually stay at WL, but needed to find something a bit more economical for this trip. We used the Military Salute room discount and got a good rate. Being a "research queen," especially when it comes to Disney, I immediately starting reading up on the resort. I've made it through about half of this thread, read Buzz's site, looked at pictures everywhere, and I must say, I am psyched about staying here!

My question is about location, of course. I'd like to be close to the Dig Site and a bus stop, moreso than the main building. We'll probably only eat at the resort a couple of times and the walk will be good for us! The Casitas look beautiful, but the other "villages" seem closer to the main pool. My DH loves westerns and fancies himself a cowboy (even though he has ridden a horse exactly once in his life), so I think he would like the Ranchos - I think they're pretty, too. The Cabanas are probably least appealing to us (sorry, know those are popular!), but the location seems good and I know DH would love the hammocks there. Decisions, decisions!!

I'm thinking 7B or maybe 6A in Ranchos, or 8A in Cabanas, as they seem to be reasonably close to both the pool and a bus stop. Thoughts? Suggestions? TIA!

Old 09-09-2013, 02:38 PM   #2278
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I don't really care about the Magic Bands themselves, but would like to try the FP+ when we are there in December. But I agree, not a big deal either way.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:46 PM   #2279
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina View Post
Was the testing they did at CSR back in June only for CMs? I know they started with CM testing before moving it on to resort guests...
My understanding was that they were picking 50 guests a day to try it out based on check-in day.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:48 PM   #2280
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylvr View Post
Did you notice kids in the lounge? We are considering at stay at CSR but have a young daughter.
Far as I know there is no problem with kids in the lounge. As long as they don't behave like wild animals!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: