Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 10:30 AM   #2131
disneywishesmom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMonsters View Post

We'll be there during that time too. I spoke with a CM and it doesn't look like CSR will be a POP Warner resort. I'm solo traveling with a 4 and 2 year old and need a place far far away from and rowdy/ excited teens and the CM spent a great deal of time researching things for me. Can't wait for December!
That is great news!! Thank you so much for sharing that information. Perhaps we will run into each other.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:20 AM   #2132
TinkerBelle_325
WDW Destination Blog owner and CSR FAQ thread runner!

Does anyone know if the RapidFill mugs are in use at Coronado yet?
UPCOMING TRIP REPORT: What's this? What's this? A Halloween AND Christmas TR? Oct/Nov 2014
UPCOMING DINING REPORT: ~First we eat, then we do everything else! Oct/Nov 2014~
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2013, 03:07 PM   #2133
KHWDW27
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMonsters View Post
We'll be there during that time too. I spoke with a CM and it doesn't look like CSR will be a POP Warner resort. I'm solo traveling with a 4 and 2 year old and need a place far far away from and rowdy/ excited teens and the CM spent a great deal of time researching things for me. Can't wait for December!
I am staying pop warner week as well here.I was very worried about it!You have made my day!Woo hoo only 101 more days!

Old 08-28-2013, 04:11 PM   #2134
Ted in Halifax
Over a 2,000 mile drive from Disney!

When is pop Warner week?
May 2007 Fort Wilderness Cabins, Feb 2009 Pop Century, Nov 2009 Port Orleans Riverside, March 2010 Pop Century AP, May 2010 All Star Music AP, Nov 2010 POP Century AP, Feb 2011 Port Orleans Riverside AP, March 2012 AKV, March 2012 Disney Dream, March 2012 BWV, Feb 2013 POP AP, March 2013 AKL AP, July 2013 AKL AP, Dec 2013 Coronado Springs AP, Dec 2013 Saratoga Springs AP, and Dec 2013 POR French Quarter AP, JAN 2015 AKL JAMBO HOUSE Watching the SuperBowl at AKL ....
Old 08-28-2013, 09:51 PM   #2135
Loreli
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerBelle_325 View Post
Does anyone know if the RapidFill mugs are in use at Coronado yet?
I just got back Saturday and we had the old mugs.
Old 08-29-2013, 03:34 AM   #2136
Mrs Doubtfire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted in Halifax View Post
When is pop Warner week?
This is the week the WDW hosts the Pop Warner football and cheer and dance championships at ESPN. It can affect the noise levels at some resorts and the number of young teenagers.

Sorry!! Mid-read your post

Last edited by Mrs Doubtfire; 08-29-2013 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Didn't answer question
Old 08-29-2013, 07:42 AM   #2137
jimandami
DIS Veteran

Quote:
When is pop Warner week?
Second week of December this year.
Old 08-29-2013, 09:13 AM   #2138
Disney*Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
When is pop Warner week?
Dec 7-13

October 18-25 at CSR
Old 08-29-2013, 10:23 AM   #2139
nkereina
Wendy Darling

So sorry if this has been asked/answered in this thread already.... I have a king room booked at CSR and have requested casitas. If my request can be granted, I assumed they would put me in building 4 or 5 but now I'm wondering if I could possibly be put in 1,2, or 3 also? I realize those are preferred rooms, but don't they have king beds in the preferred category? I have always read when you want two types of bookable rooms, to book the one you want and request the other. Would this work with preferred as well? Thanks!
Old 08-29-2013, 12:25 PM   #2140
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina View Post
So sorry if this has been asked/answered in this thread already.... I have a king room booked at CSR and have requested casitas. If my request can be granted, I assumed they would put me in building 4 or 5 but now I'm wondering if I could possibly be put in 1,2, or 3 also? I realize those are preferred rooms, but don't they have king beds in the preferred category? I have always read when you want two types of bookable rooms, to book the one you want and request the other. Would this work with preferred as well? Thanks!
They will try to fill the preferred rooms with people who paid for them first, but if they aren't all booked during your stay time they may consider putting you there. Casitas 4 is an awesome location, if we weren't paying for Business Class in December we would be requesting Casitas 4.
Old 08-29-2013, 03:12 PM   #2141
saintsfanshelly
Earning My Ears

business level ar CSR

I have a few questions for anyone who has stayed in 9B aka the Business Level. My husband and I will be there the last week in October, and I wanted to know if the upgrade was worth it.
1. Can you take drinks out of the lounge, for example, take bottles of water from lounge with you to the parks?
2. I've read about the different snacks in the evening, along with beer and wine. some sites say the alcohol is extra, some say it is all free?
3. I've also read somewhere that you can request a down service and they will bring drinks/snacks to your room.

Any truth behind this Info? Thanks for all the help!!!
Old 08-29-2013, 07:03 PM   #2142
danacath
I think DH was starting to question their sanity
I feel like I must be forgetting something!

New foot injury-- Need CSR advice

I've been looking forward to this little getaway with my DH for months. Well, last week I hurt my foot, and now I'm getting fitted for a boot tomorrow and trying to decide on a scooter rental, crutches, etc. for WDW. Kind of a bummer.

Anyway, I'm wondering what phone number I should use to talk to someone about my new "status", since I have trouble getting around. Originally I planned on requesting Casitas 4. Would this still be the best place for me, given my lack of mobility?

Does anyone know if there's a wheelchair or golf cart to help get me to my room after check-in? I can hobble and walk a bit, but probably not that far. DH will be away at his conference for 2 days, so I'm wondering about silly, but practical things, like getting drink refills on my own, carrying my food tray at lunch time, etc. Kinda tricky on crutches, not to mention the distance involved, but what else can I do?

Hopefully someone has been through this while staying at CSR and can give me some tips.

BTW, I did post on the DISabilities board too, but thought it might be helpful to get some CSR-specific advice. Thanks!
Sept. 2004 - DLR
Feb. 2006 - ASM/BWV; June 2006 - DLR
Jan. 2007- POP (Goofy's Marathon!); July 2007 - AS
Jan. 2008 - BCV; June 2010 - DLR; Dec. 2010 - BWV
July 2013 - DLR; Sept. 2013 - CSR
Old 08-29-2013, 10:35 PM   #2143
Mama Bear Jenn
Earning My Ears

Business Class Tips & info

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfanshelly View Post
I have a few questions for anyone who has stayed in 9B aka the Business Level. My husband and I will be there the last week in October, and I wanted to know if the upgrade was worth it.
1. Can you take drinks out of the lounge, for example, take bottles of water from lounge with you to the parks?
2. I've read about the different snacks in the evening, along with beer and wine. some sites say the alcohol is extra, some say it is all free?
3. I've also read somewhere that you can request a down service and they will bring drinks/snacks to your room.

Any truth behind this Info? Thanks for all the help!!!
We LOVED the Business Class and i would do it again... we just got back a week ago after a 12 day stay...
#1 - you CAN take drinks out of the lounge - however, there are no bottles of water there - many other drinks - cans of pop you can take - juice, water in a pitcher, but no bottles of water - I had even asked about this and they said they didn't have any
#2 - the alcoholic drinks ARE included! we loved unwinding in the evening with a stop here... you can have a bottle of beer, glass of wine and sangria AND they will give you one or two "to go". i had seen mixed answers about the wine & beer being included, even directly from Disney, but after doing a lot of research, i found out that there is no extra price
#3 - didn't see any "delivery" of snacks - but you can take some to go if you wish and many people came in and took breakfast to go (which was a nice, fresh selection!)

The staff in the lounge were GREAT to talk to every day and gave us many tips and good info about the ins and outs of Disney - they always asked what we did each day and we enjoyed chatting with them. Plus, the perk of the room location was perfect, too... i would absolutely stay here again and do the upgrade!
Old 08-30-2013, 01:37 AM   #2144
saintsfanshelly
Earning My Ears

Thank you for all the info! I made the upgrade tonight...and now I'm even more excited. Hurry up next 58 days!
Old 08-30-2013, 10:44 AM   #2145
ashleyrm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Bear Jenn View Post
We LOVED the Business Class and i would do it again... we just got back a week ago after a 12 day stay...
#1 - you CAN take drinks out of the lounge - however, there are no bottles of water there - many other drinks - cans of pop you can take - juice, water in a pitcher, but no bottles of water - I had even asked about this and they said they didn't have any
#2 - the alcoholic drinks ARE included! we loved unwinding in the evening with a stop here... you can have a bottle of beer, glass of wine and sangria AND they will give you one or two "to go". i had seen mixed answers about the wine & beer being included, even directly from Disney, but after doing a lot of research, i found out that there is no extra price
#3 - didn't see any "delivery" of snacks - but you can take some to go if you wish and many people came in and took breakfast to go (which was a nice, fresh selection!)

The staff in the lounge were GREAT to talk to every day and gave us many tips and good info about the ins and outs of Disney - they always asked what we did each day and we enjoyed chatting with them. Plus, the perk of the room location was perfect, too... i would absolutely stay here again and do the upgrade!
Thanks for the update. Am staying in Business Class room in 54 days! Really looking forward to it!
March 1994 - Poly; 1995 - CBR; Nov 1997 - All Star Music; Dec 1998 - Beach Club; Aug 1999 - Dixie Landings; July 2002 - POR; Summer 2003 - ASMo; Nov 2004 - POR; April 2005 - OKW Jan 2009 - Port Orleans French Quarter; ; Feb 2009 - POR; Mar/Apr 2009 - BC; May 2009 - POFQ; Nov 2009 - Pop; Mar 2011 - All Star Movies; Apr 2012 - POR; Aug 2012 - ASMu; Dec 2012 - CSR; Feb 2013 - ASSports; May 2013- POFQ; Oct 2013 -CSR; Dec 2013 - ASSports; Feb '14 - AKL; Apr '14 - POP; May '14 - SSR treehouse; Jul 14 - CSR; Oct '14 POFQ/CSR
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: