Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 08:26 PM   #2086
giwastar
Earning My Ears

Time from CSR to Downtown Disney and the Boardwalk

Hi we are staying at CSR in October and wanting to use our own vehicle to get around. So I was wondering if anyone knew the amount on average of time it takes to get to Downtown Disney and the Boardwalk by Epcot from CSR. We have ADR at both places and want to get there in enough time. If anyone knows could you please help me out. Thanks so much
Old 08-23-2013, 10:11 PM   #2087
Disney*Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGGhosts View Post
buzz says all fridge's have been replaced.
can you post a link, I can't find that on his site. tia

never mind I finally foundit thanks for posting!

October 18-25 at CSR

Last edited by Disney*Dreamer; 08-23-2013 at 10:20 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2013, 10:18 PM   #2088
danacath
I think DH was starting to question their sanity
I feel like I must be forgetting something!

Quote:
Originally Posted by giwastar View Post
Hi we are staying at CSR in October and wanting to use our own vehicle to get around. So I was wondering if anyone knew the amount on average of time it takes to get to Downtown Disney and the Boardwalk by Epcot from CSR. We have ADR at both places and want to get there in enough time. If anyone knows could you please help me out. Thanks so much
Sorry I don't have an answer for you since this will be our first stay at CSR, too! Another option for you would be to try google maps and get time estimates on there. I've used it a lot for situations like yours and it's really helpful.

While we're on the topic, I have a similar question for all you CSR fans, only DH and I WON'T have a car. We have ADR's at both Ohana and Boma. Ohana is for 8:20. We're planning to catch a bus to MK and then take the monorail over to Ohana. How much time should we allow for that at that time of day? Also, we'd like to stick around after dinner and watch the 10 PM Wishes fireworks on the Poly Beach, but I'm wondering if we'll get stuck in a crowd when we take the monorail back to MK to catch the bus back to CSR. Also wondering how late the transportation would be running from there. Hmmm, a taxi is sounding better and better!

At Boma, we have a 6:15 ADR and AK closes at 5. I'm assuming buses won't be running to AK, so is there any other way for us to get over to Boma and back besides calling a cab?
Sept. 2004 - DLR
Feb. 2006 - ASM/BWV; June 2006 - DLR
Jan. 2007- POP (Goofy's Marathon!); July 2007 - AS
Jan. 2008 - BCV; June 2010 - DLR; Dec. 2010 - BWV
July 2013 - DLR; Sept. 2013 - CSR
Old 08-23-2013, 10:25 PM   #2089
Disney*Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danacath View Post
Sorry I don't have an answer for you since this will be our first stay at CSR, too! Another option for you would be to try google maps and get time estimates on there. I've used it a lot for situations like yours and it's really helpful.

While we're on the topic, I have a similar question for all you CSR fans, only DH and I WON'T have a car. We have ADR's at both Ohana and Boma. Ohana is for 8:20. We're planning to catch a bus to MK and then take the monorail over to Ohana. How much time should we allow for that at that time of day? Also, we'd like to stick around after dinner and watch the 10 PM Wishes fireworks on the Poly Beach, but I'm wondering if we'll get stuck in a crowd when we take the monorail back to MK to catch the bus back to CSR. Also wondering how late the transportation would be running from there. Hmmm, a taxi is sounding better and better!

At Boma, we have a 6:15 ADR and AK closes at 5. I'm assuming buses won't be running to AK, so is there any other way for us to get over to Boma and back besides calling a cab?
For coming back from the Poly you could ride the monorail over to Epcot and get a bus back to your resort from there, depending on what time Epcot closes that night.

For Boma, just go to any park and ride the Animal Kingdom lodge bus from there to AKL, that is where Boma is at not at Animal Kingdom Park. Then just ride a bus from AKL to a park and then catch a bus from there back to CSR.

October 18-25 at CSR
Old 08-23-2013, 10:26 PM   #2090
Disney*Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by giwastar View Post
Shouldn't take you more than 15-20 minutes in your own car, so you could give yourself 30 to be safe, or longer, if you get to either early you can always walk around DTD or Boardwalk until your ADR time.

October 18-25 at CSR
Old 08-23-2013, 10:32 PM   #2091
crostorfer
Gryffindor Gal

Quote:

The Poly is no problem. Always leave your room AT LEAST an hour before your reservation if you are using Disney transportation. Trust me. If you don't, you will regret it. There is a time vortex at WDW that will suck 45 minutes-an hour a way from you in what feels like 5 minutes to you. It always takes longer than you think it will. On the off chance you are there way early, roll up to the Tambu Lounge and order a Lapu Lapu.

Your Boma reservation is more problematic. You will probably just want to suck it up and spend the $12 on a cab, at least on the way back, from the AKL to the CSR. You could go the the Animal Kingdom, hang out until closing, hop a bus to the AKL from there, check out the AKL for a little bit, (it's beautiful and there is lots to see even in the lobby), then check in for your reservation a bit early. On the way back, you'll have to take a bus from AKL to a park that is open or just about to close, (Epcot is your best bet), then hop on a CSR bus from there. That will probably take you up to an hour and a half of travel time.

If you are REALLY against a cab, eat dinner at Boma, take the bus to Epcot when you are done to get there in time for Illuminations, grab a Margarita from the stand in Mexico, then watch the show. :-) Travel time will still be more than you want, but at least you break it up with a purpose.

Old 08-23-2013, 11:11 PM   #2092
"Cinder" Ella's Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

It takes about 7-8 minutes if you know where you are going.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:15 PM   #2093
"Cinder" Ella's Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylvr View Post

Seriously!? You can get a refill on milk? Awesome!
No. What the pp is saying is that their kids could get milk with their meals at Pepper Market. If you bring your mug they will fill it (or you can fill in Cafe Rix) and you still get an additional drink at PM if on a dining plan. Usually we get bottled water to take back to our room and just refill mugs. Milk is not a re-fill able mug option, but you can order it at PM.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:23 PM   #2094
Nechville
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Cinder" Ella's Mom View Post
No. What the pp is saying is that their kids could get milk with their meals at Pepper Market. If you bring your mug they will fill it (or you can fill in Cafe Rix) and you still get an additional drink at PM if on a dining plan. Usually we get bottled water to take back to our room and just refill mugs. Milk is not a re-fill able mug option, but you can order it at PM.
Thanks for clarifying. That's what I figured the poster meant but can see how people thought it meant it was a refill choice.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:32 PM   #2095
Disney*Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Cinder" Ella's Mom View Post
thank you for clarifying!

October 18-25 at CSR
Old 08-23-2013, 11:43 PM   #2096
plumsiren
DIS Veteran

This will seem silly, but which specific parts of Casitas face the nicest courtyards? I'm obsessed with that long fountain between 2 and 3, but I don't want to have my heart set on that one area and then wind up elsewhere.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:40 AM   #2097
danacath
I think DH was starting to question their sanity
I feel like I must be forgetting something!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crostorfer View Post
The Poly is no problem. Always leave your room AT LEAST an hour before your reservation if you are using Disney transportation. Trust me. If you don't, you will regret it. There is a time vortex at WDW that will suck 45 minutes-an hour a way from you in what feels like 5 minutes to you. It always takes longer than you think it will. On the off chance you are there way early, roll up to the Tambu Lounge and order a Lapu Lapu.

Your Boma reservation is more problematic. You will probably just want to suck it up and spend the $12 on a cab, at least on the way back, from the AKL to the CSR. You could go the the Animal Kingdom, hang out until closing, hop a bus to the AKL from there, check out the AKL for a little bit, (it's beautiful and there is lots to see even in the lobby), then check in for your reservation a bit early. On the way back, you'll have to take a bus from AKL to a park that is open or just about to close, (Epcot is your best bet), then hop on a CSR bus from there. That will probably take you up to an hour and a half of travel time.

If you are REALLY against a cab, eat dinner at Boma, take the bus to Epcot when you are done to get there in time for Illuminations, grab a Margarita from the stand in Mexico, then watch the show. :-) Travel time will still be more than you want, but at least you break it up with a purpose.
Ummm, anyone have a car I can borrow for an evening or two?

Thanks a bunch for all of the transportation tips, everyone. I appreciate you thinking it through with me!

We've eaten at Boma before, but always for breakfast and usually when we've had a rental car. We did do the AK bus to AKL bus commute once or twice before from BWV and it went "okay", but since CSR is quite close to AKL, I think it might be worth it to just spring for a cab this time. Hey, at least we've got free dining! DH will be in a conference until 4:30 that day anyway, so it probably wouldn't work so well to try to catch an AK bus before park closing. The other option of catching a bus to another park to connect with AKL just seems so out of the way when CSR is already relatively close to AKL. But, I'll run all the options by DH and see what he thinks.

As for the return from the Poly after Wishes, taking the monorail to Epcot won't work because they close at 9 that night. DHS is open until midnight though...
Sept. 2004 - DLR
Feb. 2006 - ASM/BWV; June 2006 - DLR
Jan. 2007- POP (Goofy's Marathon!); July 2007 - AS
Jan. 2008 - BCV; June 2010 - DLR; Dec. 2010 - BWV
July 2013 - DLR; Sept. 2013 - CSR
Old 08-24-2013, 07:14 AM   #2098
Loreli
Mouseketeer

Leaving CSR at a'quarter to noon today. Thanks for all of the tips and info. It's been a great week here at 8a I strongly suggest it to others. Close to the bus stop, close to the dig site, close enough to elCentro. Enjoy your stay at Disney's hidden gem resort!!
Old 08-24-2013, 09:53 AM   #2099
joanne312
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Do not hesitate to take a taxi. I was always resistant to this, but after doing it this past trip it was definitely worth it. Its fast, easy, and relatively cheap. Last trip we were at POFQ and we realized on the bus heading to our Ohana ADR that we forgot our backpack in the room. I took the baby and got off the bus at MK, took the monorail around to the Poly, and checked in for our Ohana ADR. DH took the bus back to POFQ, got the backpack, and took a taxi to the Poly. We beat him there, maybe by 5 minutes. I think the taxi was like $10.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:04 AM   #2100
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loreli View Post
Leaving CSR at a'quarter to noon today. Thanks for all of the tips and info. It's been a great week here at 8a I strongly suggest it to others. Close to the bus stop, close to the dig site, close enough to elCentro. Enjoy your stay at Disney's hidden gem resort!!
Glad you enjoyed your stay. We love 8A.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: