Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 12:55 PM   #2056
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylvr View Post
The gratuity part doesn't bother me. I guess I am just trying to figure out if the whole ordering, getting food process at CSR might be a little less time consuming than we experienced at POR this past May. It was overwhelming (the long wait to order, to get the food and then pay) for my daughter. Are you not allowed to pick seating at all? We always try to find a table in a quieter corner. Now I am wishing we had at least visited Pepper Market on our last trip. We like to resort hop and use QS dining credits at various resorts in addition to the one we are staying in.
IF and that is a big one, my son with Autism ever wants to come with me to Disney again, I would have person with Autism added to my reservation and dining information. And then if I was at a place like Pepper Market, I would talk to them when I got there and ask about accommodations. Especially the part of a table not in the middle of everyone. He would not be able to handle all the movement of people around him. It would get him up and jumping with loud vocals and might disturb/worry the little kids around us. My son is not aggressive but being an aduilt with deep voice and quick movements.......

Again I'm sure it's not 100% great but I know for the most part a lot of people who I know who have gone with a person with Autism has had great experiences not only with the CM but with the people around them. You know your daughter best. Communicate for her.

I know when I go to new places with my son, I like to leave him with my husband in the room and go talk to different people about what can and can't be done. That way I have names and they can give me pointers of how to request things and me not look "selfish" in asking for accommodations. Always easier to explain things when he isn't right there. Believe it or not he does get embarrassed sometimes when he hears me asking. Making decisions on the fly can set me up to fail in accommodating him.

Don't forget, I think someone said you can eat outside too. There are tables there. That could work on the noise factor. maybe

Good luck. Glad to hear you had success with Disney vacations before.
Keep those what worked in your head.

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)
Old 08-22-2013, 02:23 PM   #2057
Disneylvr
Mommy of Madelyn, Ebay Addict and Happy Scrapbooker
No longer addicted to the Creek
We could watch Wishes every night

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADisneyQueen View Post
I thought I would be annoyed by the gratuity at PM, but it was not bad at all. We were always seated right away and I even requested certain areas to sit and they were ok with it. We got our food fairly quickly and it was so nice to eat it before we paid. Don't forget that they will clean up your dishes too so if you are in a hurry it is one less thing to do. After we stayed at CSR, we stayed the rest of the week at AOA and really preferred Pepper Market. The food was better, it was less crowded, and we didn't have to deal with cleaning( at AOA you have to bus your own table, sort your dishes and silverware and try to get your garbage in to a slot. It's gross to have to look at a pan with dirty dishes and food).
This sounds encouraging! Pepper Market may work really well for DD. We ate at AoA food court on our last trip (May 2013) and were not impressed at all.
20+ Disney Trips Since 1985 - All Star Movies, All Star Music, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Polynesian, Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside and Wilderness Lodge

Last edited by Disneylvr; 08-22-2013 at 02:34 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2013, 02:32 PM   #2058
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post
From what I'm reading the wait person fills your drinks.
So because of the being seated and filling drinks there is gratuity expected.
This turns some people off but if you know it up front then you have a choice to go find another QS place to eat.

From reading these boards, I'm excited to try new resorts. I tend to stay with what I know, but now considering other options for the future.
Bolded is true. BUT, if you want to just refill your mug, the refill spot is just outside the restaurant. You can fill your mug before you go in and not order a drink, if desired. My kids got milk and juice drinks that they otherwise wouldn't have been able to fill their mugs with at the filling station while we at PM. Sometimes, if I wanted a Diet Coke, I just filled my mug before being seated.

Also, even tho they seat you, I would think they'd try to seat you in an area you wanted if you explain where you'd like to be to them just before being seated.

Old 08-22-2013, 03:56 PM   #2059
cheerful chickadee
I heart Disney World

any update on the fridge situation from people staying at CSR right now?
April 2012 CSR
Sept 2013 CSR
Old 08-22-2013, 04:20 PM   #2060
Disney*Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerful chickadee View Post
Good question

October 18-25 at CSR
Old 08-22-2013, 05:39 PM   #2061
danacath
I think DH was starting to question their sanity
I feel like I must be forgetting something!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADisneyQueen View Post
We returned last week from a wonderful stay at CSR! We loved it there and were sad to leave after 3 nights b/c we had a split stay at AOA with family. Check in for us was lengthy. Somehow they had us down for 2 rooms and they were trying to sort things out. I had prepaid the package so I knew I had paid for only one. It was 10 at night and we were pretty tired. Anyway, we ended up in ranchos even after our check in CM asked his manager for some pixie dust for us b/c we had been standing there for so long. The manager told him on the phone that only ranchos was left. I plotted to call in the morning b/c there was no way I was staying in that section all 3 nights after I had requested cabanas. There was a very nice CM Korean girl that my girls spoke to for a while. They love the K-pop bands and K-dramas (tv shows) and were thrilled to talk to her. She was so nice to them. Does anyone know how I could write an email to CSR management about her?
We ended up in building 6A with a parking lot view. After eating in pepper market, we went to bed. I had called earlier and asked them to hold our luggage from ME until morning. I could not wait up for it ( they said it would be 1 AM). The room was just as beautiful as the pictures. The beds and pillows were really soft and we slept well. I really liked the wooden doors.
The next morning we called to ask for a room change to cabanas and within an hour they had given us an upgraded room in 9A waterview looking over the quiet pool and the lake! She even apologized for the inconvience of us not liking ranchos. I'm so glad we asked to move. It was a much shorter walk to El centro ( 4 or 5 min. compared to 10). They even came in a golf cart to pick us up at the old room and they had our ME luggage. It was a very quick move and we were off to Epcot.
We really liked pepper market. The food was really fresh and hot. I still don't like the tipping, but it was a nice place to eat. Some of the things we liked were the steak sandwich, grilled chicken sandwich, burrito and chicken quesadillas.
The landscaping at this resort is exactly what I like. So much foilage and flowers and palm trees! We went to the pool twice and loved it. We all went down the slide many times. The slide was much longer than I expected. There were plenty of lounge chairs and we found some in the shade. They had a campfire at night and we roasted marshmallows. I would go back here just for this pool area!

I was kinda nervous to stay at CSR since we had a bad stay at CBR a few years ago. We had stayed at CSR 10 yrs. ago and we liked it then but I know as your family changes your needs at a hotel change. I was so sad to leave CSR but we were staying with family at AOA for the next 4 nights. AOA was such a let down after CSR. I think we need a mod from now on with a larger room and queen beds. We hope to get back there soon.
Thanks for the trip report! So glad that you had a good stay at CSR after the initial hiccup with your room. If you still want to let Disney know about the Korean CM that was so kind to your daughters, just google "how to thank a Disney CM" and you'll see various websites (some more official looking than others!) where you can make that happen.

(On a side note, DD 14 and DD 17 also like K-pop bands and K-dramas, so they're curious which ones your DD's like and if they care to recommend any good ones. )
Sept. 2004 - DLR
Feb. 2006 - ASM/BWV; June 2006 - DLR
Jan. 2007- POP (Goofy's Marathon!); July 2007 - AS
Jan. 2008 - BCV; June 2010 - DLR; Dec. 2010 - BWV
July 2013 - DLR; Sept. 2013 - CSR
Old 08-22-2013, 06:07 PM   #2062
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerful chickadee View Post
The update is a few pages back.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:04 PM   #2063
Disney*Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
The update is a few pages back.
I think they meant a newer update. At least that is what I am interested in. That convention starts on the 25th and there was talk about them all being replaced by then. The update a couple pages (pg 130) back is a week old, plenty of time for them to have gotten something done and create curiosity for a "new" update. I quote myself with new because by definition an update is new so it really is redundant to say a new update, lol. Anyway, I digress, I was looking for something more up to date since that convention is starting in 3 days.

October 18-25 at CSR
Old 08-22-2013, 07:14 PM   #2064
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney*Dreamer View Post
I think they meant a newer update. At least that is what I am interested in. That convention starts on the 25th and there was talk about them all being replaced by then. The update a couple pages (pg 130) back is a week old, plenty of time for them to have gotten something done and create curiosity for a "new" update. I quote myself with new because by definition an update is new so it really is redundant to say a new update, lol. Anyway, I digress, I was looking for something more up to date since that convention is starting in 3 days.
We check in to CSR Business Class on 8/31 and just got the letter today - very strange!

Dated "August 2013" and addressed to "Dear Guest", part of it reads "If you have stayed with us before, you are most likely familiar with our in-room refrigerators. Recently we became aware of an issue that affects two of the refrigerator models in our Guest rooms. As a result, we decided to disconnect the affected in-room refrigerators until replacements can be installed.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you need assistance with a special request, please contact our Guest Services team at ......."

The Mustang Club and Dream Cars conventions are there during our stay.

Old 08-22-2013, 07:18 PM   #2065
Disney*Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
We check in to CSR Business Class on 8/31 and just got the letter today - very strange!

Dated "August 2013" and addressed to "Dear Guest", part of it reads "If you have stayed with us before, you are most likely familiar with our in-room refrigerators. Recently we became aware of an issue that affects two of the refrigerator models in our Guest rooms. As a result, we decided to disconnect the affected in-room refrigerators until replacements can be installed.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. If you need assistance with a special request, please contact our Guest Services team at ......."

Thank you for that update. I think some have reported that some of the business class rooms have been replaced, I hope that is the case for you and that they are just being conservative.

October 18-25 at CSR
Old 08-22-2013, 08:18 PM   #2066
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney*Dreamer View Post
Thank you for that update. I think some have reported that some of the business class rooms have been replaced, I hope that is the case for you and that they are just being conservative.
We will be fine, with or without a fridge!

I was surprised the letter so generic....... no mention of our resort and I just found it funny that the letter stated "If You have stayed with us before....." -- 6 to 8 times a year the last 12 or 13 years!

Old 08-22-2013, 08:53 PM   #2067
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:

My guess is that is a generic computer generated letter for people checking in during a certain time frame. I would expect you to have a fridge by then.

Also, this convention was a last minute thing and it's possible that it triggered CSR becoming a bigger priority speeding up the original replacement schedule.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:06 PM   #2068
danacath
I think DH was starting to question their sanity
I feel like I must be forgetting something!

Quote:

We check in at CSR on 9/2, and we got that same form letter yesterday. I don't think I'd feel right requesting a fridge when we don't absolutely "need" it, so we're just going to wait and see if we're one of the lucky ones...
Sept. 2004 - DLR
Feb. 2006 - ASM/BWV; June 2006 - DLR
Jan. 2007- POP (Goofy's Marathon!); July 2007 - AS
Jan. 2008 - BCV; June 2010 - DLR; Dec. 2010 - BWV
July 2013 - DLR; Sept. 2013 - CSR
Old 08-22-2013, 09:37 PM   #2069
adrianna_sarah
Mother of two curious little monkeys!

Hi. Lovely thread, lovely pictures. Just a question for clarification. Is a jr. suite considered club level or business class? Will it have access to the lounge? TIA.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:18 PM   #2070
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We will be fine, with or without a fridge!
Same here. I'll be fine with or without.
Then again I won't be there until November so it will probably not even be an issue anyway.

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: