Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 10:47 AM   #2011
Julie521
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowy-girls View Post
Hi All .
As some of you know i checked into CSR on August 10th for 3 weeks.Well i am now typing to you from AKL. My children have said that they prefer CSR to AKL,and my husband is now saying we should have stood strong and said NO,we are not moving-i wish i had of now .
So sorry to hear about having to move around!!! I don't understand why you would feel that way. I am a super planner and when you think of how you want everything to go and all of a sudden that gets thrown for a loop, I would get upset also. But from your other posts it looks like you have some amazing things to come! I know everyone can try to tell you to just forget about it, but only you can know when you are okay with it! Try to think of the great times you are having, not worrying about bills or work or priorities and remember that you are in amazing place. I hope the rest of your trip turns around andyou get some throughout the rest of your time at AKL. hopefully they can figure out what happened and do the best to work with everything you wanted.

Old 08-20-2013, 11:07 AM   #2012
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
If you read my update on the fridge replacement a few pages back the answer is there. Apparently a company booked a huge convention at the last minute. They booked the entire CSR resort from Aug. 25th-28th. They must have paid a lot of money. Disney was going to upgrade all the CSR guests to a Deluxe resort.

We love CSR. It is our resort of choice. However club level savanah view at AKL is a huge upgrade. I would jump at that in a heartbeat if offered to me.
DH and I were talking about this during morning coffee. We both said in a heartbeat if I knew a conference was taking over the resort I would be out of there sooooooo fast. It must be one giant conference and the Pepper Market is going to be crazy busy as I read in another post somewhere.

Yup go with the flow and make what you get magical is our plan.

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-20-2013, 11:21 AM   #2013
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post
DH and I were talking about this during morning coffee. We both said in a heartbeat if I knew a conference was taking over the resort I would be out of there sooooooo fast. It must be one giant conference and the Pepper Market is going to be crazy busy as I read in another post somewhere.

Yup go with the flow and make what you get magical is our plan.
NY Life is the company taking over the resort. As soon as they leave the big car show weekend rolls in which would be alot of fun for some, but not for those who don't appreciate the cars and are looking for quiet time.

We always go Mid December through Christmas time. The last conventions usually end on Dec 15th or so until after the holiday's. So for us not likely to ever be offered an upgrade for something like this.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:08 PM   #2014
rangerxenos
Mouseketeer

We're arriving at CSR at the beginning of December, and I am getting excited for our trip!

Am curious what the difference is between the Standard rooms and the Business class rooms, are they that much different? May ask what the cost would be to upgrade when we check in.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:22 PM   #2015
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerxenos View Post
We're arriving at CSR at the beginning of December, and I am getting excited for our trip!

Am curious what the difference is between the Standard rooms and the Business class rooms, are they that much different? May ask what the cost would be to upgrade when we check in.
There isn't much difference in the room itself. You are paying for a room in Cabanas 9B which is the best location at CSR. As well you do get breakfast in the morning and snacks/drinks in the evening, but most people are paying for the location.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:27 PM   #2016
RobynDunk
Earning My Ears

Windows

Can anyone tell me about the size of the window(s) in a standard room? I'm waiting to put up some decorations for Halloween when we are there!

Thanks

Old 08-20-2013, 02:46 PM   #2017
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobynDunk View Post
Can anyone tell me about the size of the window(s) in a standard room? I'm waiting to put up some decorations for Halloween when we are there!

Thanks
That is funny.

Curious what you are doing that you need to know the size????
Is that to decide how much to bring? LOL

2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)

Old 08-20-2013, 03:26 PM   #2018
crostorfer
Gryffindor Gal

We're booked! October 16th-19th after a two night stay at Universal. We booked a water view with a military discount that came out to $135/night! I told the CM on the phone to write CABANAS in huge letters all over the reservation, LOL. Last time we were back in Ranchos, and while lovely, it was a hike to get anywhere within the resort.

It's a short trip, and the fact that the pool is so wonderful will keep me from having to upgrade to the WP&M option, and saves me $60. The kiddo is pretty adamant about her pool time.

Old 08-20-2013, 10:09 PM   #2019
transitauthority
Mouseketeer

Can someone tell me what buildings the fountain with the lions spewing water is near? Thanks!
Old 08-20-2013, 10:12 PM   #2020
plumsiren
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by transitauthority View Post
Can someone tell me what buildings the fountain with the lions spewing water is near? Thanks!
Pretty sure that's the area between Casitas 2 and 3.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:19 AM   #2021
RobynDunk
Earning My Ears

Quote:
That is funny.

Curious what you are doing that you need to know the size????
Is that to decide how much to bring? LOL
Planning on making window silhouettes, so don't want to cut them too large for the windown.

Old 08-21-2013, 10:53 AM   #2022
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobynDunk View Post
Planning on making window silhouettes, so don't want to cut them too large for the windown.
nice!

Old 08-21-2013, 01:41 PM   #2023
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Strange how in the morning 87 days sounded soon and exciting, but now mid afternoon it seems dragged out!

on a positive note, I got my new bathing suit. I'm going to be getting that suitcase started soon. That would be my carry on so even if I need it before then, I'll be able to get to it easy enough.
I had a friend tell me she was going to "practice packing" to see what she needs and what will fit best in her suitecase. I like that idea.
Found my first aid kit from the last time I went somewhere. I think I'll toss that in the bigger suitcase so I don't forget it.

Got some paper work done for the home front yesterday. That felt good to see it almost done and out of the way.

Best Wishes to all of you getting ready to send your babies back to school.
hmmm that's right I have to pack my college son. Well that can be a practice packing routine.

Hope you are all having a wonderful day!

Old 08-21-2013, 02:44 PM   #2024
Nechville
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Strange how in the morning 87 days sounded soon and exciting, but now mid afternoon it seems dragged out!

on a positive note, I got my new bathing suit. I'm going to be getting that suitcase started soon. That would be my carry on so even if I need it before then, I'll be able to get to it easy enough.
I had a friend tell me she was going to "practice packing" to see what she needs and what will fit best in her suitecase. I like that idea.
Found my first aid kit from the last time I went somewhere. I think I'll toss that in the bigger suitcase so I don't forget it.

Got some paper work done for the home front yesterday. That felt good to see it almost done and out of the way.

Best Wishes to all of you getting ready to send your babies back to school.
hmmm that's right I have to pack my college son. Well that can be a practice packing routine.

Hope you are all having a wonderful day!
That made me laugh! I used to practice pack multiple times before our trips when I was a child. For our trip last year, I couldn't as it was a surprise to the kids and packing would have been an obvious giveaway! I felt so unprepared the day I packed, hoping I could make it all fit!
My oldest baby starts kindergarten next week! I've got the tissues packed for that day!
Old 08-21-2013, 02:54 PM   #2025
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nechville View Post
That made me laugh! I used to practice pack multiple times before our trips when I was a child. For our trip last year, I couldn't as it was a surprise to the kids and packing would have been an obvious giveaway! I felt so unprepared the day I packed, hoping I could make it all fit!
My oldest baby starts kindergarten next week! I've got the tissues packed for that day!
Awww on the baby and tissues. I vaguely remember those days. But when we see how our babies enjoy new friends and learning, we learn to be the grown up and let go. Not easy and the tissues are needed.

Freshman year of college was super hard. I think harder than kindergarten, but my son has once again proved himself so I'm ready to let go some more.
The funny part is comments my sons have made in regard to "What you are taking a vacation? Who will be here for me?" They don't like the word independence much when we use it instead of them. LOL

Movin on out to the vacation dance. Can't wait for the arrival sign that says "Welcome to Disney World". Ok Magic Express will have me happy dancing too. The whole Magical experience. So happy to have my BFF and her husband tag along. This is not their first Disney trip but this is their first Magical pixie dust staying at a resort. And for them without out kids too.
We are going to have soooo much fun!!!!

That's the 4 of us!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: