Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-19-2013, 01:49 PM   #1996
ADisneyQueen
DIS Veteran
 
ADisneyQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: PA
Posts: 3,550

We returned last week from a wonderful stay at CSR! We loved it there and were sad to leave after 3 nights b/c we had a split stay at AOA with family. Check in for us was lengthy. Somehow they had us down for 2 rooms and they were trying to sort things out. I had prepaid the package so I knew I had paid for only one. It was 10 at night and we were pretty tired. Anyway, we ended up in ranchos even after our check in CM asked his manager for some pixie dust for us b/c we had been standing there for so long. The manager told him on the phone that only ranchos was left. I plotted to call in the morning b/c there was no way I was staying in that section all 3 nights after I had requested cabanas. There was a very nice CM Korean girl that my girls spoke to for a while. They love the K-pop bands and K-dramas (tv shows) and were thrilled to talk to her. She was so nice to them. Does anyone know how I could write an email to CSR management about her?
We ended up in building 6A with a parking lot view. After eating in pepper market, we went to bed. I had called earlier and asked them to hold our luggage from ME until morning. I could not wait up for it ( they said it would be 1 AM). The room was just as beautiful as the pictures. The beds and pillows were really soft and we slept well. I really liked the wooden doors.
The next morning we called to ask for a room change to cabanas and within an hour they had given us an upgraded room in 9A waterview looking over the quiet pool and the lake! She even apologized for the inconvience of us not liking ranchos. I'm so glad we asked to move. It was a much shorter walk to El centro ( 4 or 5 min. compared to 10). They even came in a golf cart to pick us up at the old room and they had our ME luggage. It was a very quick move and we were off to Epcot.
We really liked pepper market. The food was really fresh and hot. I still don't like the tipping, but it was a nice place to eat. Some of the things we liked were the steak sandwich, grilled chicken sandwich, burrito and chicken quesadillas.
The landscaping at this resort is exactly what I like. So much foilage and flowers and palm trees! We went to the pool twice and loved it. We all went down the slide many times. The slide was much longer than I expected. There were plenty of lounge chairs and we found some in the shade. They had a campfire at night and we roasted marshmallows. I would go back here just for this pool area!

I was kinda nervous to stay at CSR since we had a bad stay at CBR a few years ago. We had stayed at CSR 10 yrs. ago and we liked it then but I know as your family changes your needs at a hotel change. I was so sad to leave CSR but we were staying with family at AOA for the next 4 nights. AOA was such a let down after CSR. I think we need a mod from now on with a larger room and queen beds. We hope to get back there soon.
__________________
Our Family DH Me DD17 DD13, DC 18 RIP, DC 2
Dec.2001-First family trip to WDW, ASMovies
Nov.2003-CSR,Oct. 2004-Offsite at HIFS(now Nick Hotel)March 2006-POP,Easter March 2008- POP
Christmas 2009-CBR and RI Seaworld,June 2012-POP
Aug 2013- CSR and AOA
ADisneyQueen is offline  
Old 08-19-2013, 02:01 PM   #1997
Loreli
Mouseketeer
 
Loreli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 386

Loving Cabanas 8a!!! So close to Dig Site, bus stop, little pool & elCentro too!! Love it. So beautiful. Room is great, quiet. Kids love it too.
__________________
Loreli DH (refuses to go to Florida)
DD : 8 & DD 11
Loreli is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-19-2013, 02:40 PM   #1998
jacksgirl
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 235

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelTori View Post
Congrats on your trip! I love the title of your ticker! WTG - kicking its butt!

Wishing you a magical vacation!

DH and I are heading to AKV (DVC studio) next Monday, then on 8/31 we move to CSR Business Class for the weekend of the Mustang Club of America Grand National Show and Dreams Car Weekend! Should be lots of activity at CSR!

I stayed Business Class in February. Happy to be going back!
Thanks ! It's been a difficult couple of years, but I am sooo looking forward to this trip!
__________________
Me (41), DH (39), DS (19), DS (12)



2000 - AS Sports; 2009 POP, 2011 POP, 2013 CSR, NEXT TRIP - 2015 CSR CHRISTMAS VACAY
jacksgirl is offline  
Old 08-19-2013, 06:58 PM   #1999
hill6
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Central Jersey
Posts: 1,547

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginny_lynn View Post
Those who have stayed before how convenient is the room service breakfast for getting to the parks early? If we call at 7 what time does the food typically arrive?
I would call the night before and tell them what time you want it delivered.
__________________
My Name is Debbie and I am a Certified Disneyaholic
First Trip Age 8.
20+ trips since.


Saratoga Springs Nov 8-13 our First DVC trip
hill6 is offline  
Old 08-19-2013, 08:51 PM   #2000
Snowy-girls
Did you speak to a 'human being'?
As you can see, all I have is a load of gobble-de-gook writing
 
Snowy-girls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: London,Uk
Posts: 9,152

Thumbs down

Hi All .
As some of you know i checked into CSR on August 10th for 3 weeks.Well i am now typing to you from AKL .
On Saturday morning i got a call to the room from a manageress at CSR,telling me they had over sold some rooms,and because of us being there for a long period of time it was only fair for us to leave?!?!?,and we can choose to go to Saratoga Springs or Animal Kingdom Lodge,but we must be out of our room by August 25th(a bit of a coincedence being as though there is a conference on from Aug 25-28th).I asked if we had a choice and i was told no,no choice,we must leave between now-the Saturday and the 25th.To say i was shocked and upset was an understatement.I told her to call me back after i had spoke to my husband.I called a good friend of mine back home in the UK and he recommended AKL,and to ask for a Savanna view.She called me back,by now i was in tears,explaing we had already packed up from one hotel to come to CSR,and now we had to do it again,and that tomorrow was my husbands+i 12th wedding anniversary,she kept apologising,and then said she would give us $250 for the inconvienece and to buy the girls something nice!!!!,and quite jolly told me happy anniversary,and we would get transported over with our luggage to AKL free of charge.I kept asking do we have to move as we didn't want to,and she kept saying yes-we have no choice .I asked again if other people were being moved and she said that they were offering people upgrades as they were checking in today.
So we decided to just leave on that day(which i now regret doing),being as though our day was ruined now and we couldn't do what we had planned.We packed up(for the 2nd time as we had already been a week on international drive previously),bell services collected our luggage,packed it into a shuttle,whilst i went to reception to collect the money,again i was in tears at the desk,the manageress never once came to see me,she let someone else deal with me,who for some reason had me down as coming from All Stars?!?!,and didn't have a clue what i was talking about .Whilst all this was going on,people where still being CHECKED IN,after i had been told they are not checkin in anymore guests?.After 25 minutes i collected the money,and the paperwork was completed for me to have everything transfered to AKL,as we are on the QSDP.
We arrived at AKL,and was met by someone who helped us out as i had no idea where to go or what to do,and as i started explaining it all again i burst into tears again .He went and got Jack, Concierge Manager who then took care of us,and he said he was very shocked at the way we were treated.He said that being as though our holiday was made 16 months out we should never have been made to move,and that he will look into it.He put us in a Savannah view room and has given us access to Club Level(not sure of the proper name-free drinks,snacks,on top floor that you can only access with a yellow card).
BUT,we miss CSR,we wished we stayed the following week and moved on the 25th,the food court here is nothing special,Pepper Market was perfect for the 4 of us who all have very different tastes,the pool here is just the one for all of Jambo and it is so busy,the quiet pool at Cabanas was perfect for us,also AKL seems such a dark/gloomy resort,with very dark rooms.I know i probably sound ungrateful and some people would jump at the chance of a free upgrade,but when you plan something for 16 months,trawl through different resorts and find the perfect one for your family,then imense yourself in it to know all there is to know about the resort you have chosen,then have this sprung on you,a resort you know nothing about,well it got to much for me,i am a huge planner who doesn't like sudden change in anything-i get stessed and panicked very easily,well it knocked me for 6.Even now 2 days on,i am still upset and annoyed with what has happened,i am trying to not let it get the better of me,as i don't want to look back on the last 2 weeks of our holiday and feel like it was ruined,which is what i am feling at the moment,i cannot believe what CSR have done.I will be complaining when i get back home to the UK,i don't know where to start so if anyone has any advice/email addresses for me i would be very grateful.
Only being at CSR a week,we never got a chance to use the Dig Site,arcade,or try many of the offerings Pepper Market had to offer.My children have said that they prefer CSR to AKL,and my husband is now saying we should have stood strong and said NO,we are not moving-i wish i had of now .
__________________

Sweet Kitty Dreams La-La,Smudge,Sam+Max.Together Again.11:3:94-20:5:08.x.x.29:4:93-17:3:09.x.x.29:4:93-21:7:10.x.x.11:3:94-2:3:12.x.x.

NOV90Sheraton Anaheim CaliforniaSEP93Quality Inn I-DriveSEP95Holiday Inn I-DriveSEP97Castle Inn+Suites AnaheimSEP98-Best Western AnaheimAUG03Quality Inn I-DriveApr/May04Holiday Inn I-DriveApr09Embassy Suites I-Drive SouthApr11Quality Inn Plaza+Pop.Aug13Rosen Inn Pointe,HRH,CSR+AKL With Free QSDP.AUG15Rosen Inn Pointe,HRH,RPR+21 nights at OKW With Free DDP.
Snowy-girls is offline  
Old 08-19-2013, 09:07 PM   #2001
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran
 
RejoyceoverDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowy-girls View Post
Hi All .
My children have said that they prefer CSR to AKL,and my husband is now saying we should have stood strong and said NO,we are not moving-i wish i had of now .
Oh Snowy-girls! I'm so sorry to hear this has happened. I'm not sure I understand why or how since you have been booked and paid for for months.
Too bad you didn't think to take a day to think about it and go check out both resorts before you made the decision to leave. Your heart break does help me feel better about the switch I had to do from POFQ to CSR.

Now I'm sending some in hope that something really magical happens to make the rest of your stay even more magical. Sounds like the manager at AKL is doing his best to make you feel happy and welcome.

As far as people checking in, my guess is they will be gone before the 25th date they gave you. It sounds like it's not this week that was the problem it sounds like next week was the problem.

Again sorry for your disappointment. I hope you can find some fun stuff at AKL. I'm sure there is a lot that once you get researching you will enjoy.

and more for a holiday that you will find your way back to .

Try to .
__________________

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)

RejoyceoverDisney is offline  
Old 08-19-2013, 09:41 PM   #2002
Snowy-girls
Did you speak to a 'human being'?
As you can see, all I have is a load of gobble-de-gook writing
 
Snowy-girls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: London,Uk
Posts: 9,152

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post
Oh Snowy-girls! I'm so sorry to hear this has happened. I'm not sure I understand why or how since you have been booked and paid for for months.
Too bad you didn't think to take a day to think about it and go check out both resorts before you made the decision to leave. Your heart break does help me feel better about the switch I had to do from POFQ to CSR.

Now I'm sending some in hope that something really magical happens to make the rest of your stay even more magical. Sounds like the manager at AKL is doing his best to make you feel happy and welcome.

As far as people checking in, my guess is they will be gone before the 25th date they gave you. It sounds like it's not this week that was the problem it sounds like next week was the problem.

Again sorry for your disappointment. I hope you can find some fun stuff at AKL. I'm sure there is a lot that once you get researching you will enjoy.

and more for a holiday that you will find your way back to .

Try to .
Thank you.x.This is what i can't get my head around?.How on earth can they over sell the room i am in,when i can book so far out in advance back in the UK?.They knew i was booked in for 3 weeks?.Yes the last week from the 25th is/was the problem.
AKL is nice but just not for us,it's not a resort we have been interested in and would stay in,in saying that nor is Saratoga Springs.I am just so upset that there wasn't even a choice for us to stay and then they could have asked someone else who would have liked the free upgrade,it was NO you must leave .x.
__________________

Sweet Kitty Dreams La-La,Smudge,Sam+Max.Together Again.11:3:94-20:5:08.x.x.29:4:93-17:3:09.x.x.29:4:93-21:7:10.x.x.11:3:94-2:3:12.x.x.

NOV90Sheraton Anaheim CaliforniaSEP93Quality Inn I-DriveSEP95Holiday Inn I-DriveSEP97Castle Inn+Suites AnaheimSEP98-Best Western AnaheimAUG03Quality Inn I-DriveApr/May04Holiday Inn I-DriveApr09Embassy Suites I-Drive SouthApr11Quality Inn Plaza+Pop.Aug13Rosen Inn Pointe,HRH,CSR+AKL With Free QSDP.AUG15Rosen Inn Pointe,HRH,RPR+21 nights at OKW With Free DDP.
Snowy-girls is offline  
Old 08-19-2013, 10:03 PM   #2003
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran
 
RejoyceoverDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowy-girls View Post
Thank you.x.This is what i can't get my head around?.How on earth can they over sell the room i am in,when i can book so far out in advance back in the UK?.They knew i was booked in for 3 weeks?.Yes the last week from the 25th is/was the problem.
AKL is nice but just not for us,it's not a resort we have been interested in and would stay in,in saying that nor is Saratoga Springs.I am just so upset that there wasn't even a choice for us to stay and then they could have asked someone else who would have liked the free upgrade,it was NO you must leave .x.
Something doesn't add up. Hopefully the manager at AKL will find out more and make sure you enjoy AKL.
My husband said that a lot of times hotels over book (like airlines) anticipating a # of people will cancel or switch. But I'm not sure what happened and if it was just because you are on the property that it made it easier for them to approach you. It just doesn't sound very Disney for them to tell you that you have to leave when they have time to get other people.
Honestly I wonder if they are over booked how crowded and not a great stay next week would be for you. I've read the conferences make dining and pool crowded feeling. Still wish you would have not panicked and stayed the rest of the week so that you could continue to enjoy until you had to move next week.

Yes I understand you are upset, but really try to bounce back and make the best of your next 2 weeks. You can make magical moments anywhere on the property. And if Pepper Market is really that great, nothing stopping you from eating over there.
__________________

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)

RejoyceoverDisney is offline  
Old 08-19-2013, 10:18 PM   #2004
Snowy-girls
Did you speak to a 'human being'?
As you can see, all I have is a load of gobble-de-gook writing
 
Snowy-girls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: London,Uk
Posts: 9,152

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post
Something doesn't add up. Hopefully the manager at AKL will find out more and make sure you enjoy AKL.
My husband said that a lot of times hotels over book (like airlines) anticipating a # of people will cancel or switch. But I'm not sure what happened and if it was just because you are on the property that it made it easier for them to approach you. It just doesn't sound very Disney for them to tell you that you have to leave when they have time to get other people.
Honestly I wonder if they are over booked how crowded and not a great stay next week would be for you. I've read the conferences make dining and pool crowded feeling. Still wish you would have not panicked and stayed the rest of the week so that you could continue to enjoy until you had to move next week.

Yes I understand you are upset, but really try to bounce back and make the best of your next 2 weeks. You can make magical moments anywhere on the property. And if Pepper Market is really that great, nothing stopping you from eating over there.
Thanks again .
Hopefully will stop thinking soon,'we wish we were back at CSR',it's only been a couple of days.I think that's another thing i am annoyed about, at myself,for quickly saying 'well we might as well go now then',on the spur of the moment.
We are having a lovely time here in general,it just put a dampner on things,all that planning for 16 months,i will snap out of it .
We are going back to eat there tomorrow evening ,as Mara really isn't anything to write home about,we ate there Saturday+tonight but won't be for the remainder of our stay.Yes the food is cooked to order,which i do like to see,but there isn't a great amount of choice.x.
__________________

Sweet Kitty Dreams La-La,Smudge,Sam+Max.Together Again.11:3:94-20:5:08.x.x.29:4:93-17:3:09.x.x.29:4:93-21:7:10.x.x.11:3:94-2:3:12.x.x.

NOV90Sheraton Anaheim CaliforniaSEP93Quality Inn I-DriveSEP95Holiday Inn I-DriveSEP97Castle Inn+Suites AnaheimSEP98-Best Western AnaheimAUG03Quality Inn I-DriveApr/May04Holiday Inn I-DriveApr09Embassy Suites I-Drive SouthApr11Quality Inn Plaza+Pop.Aug13Rosen Inn Pointe,HRH,CSR+AKL With Free QSDP.AUG15Rosen Inn Pointe,HRH,RPR+21 nights at OKW With Free DDP.
Snowy-girls is offline  
Old 08-19-2013, 10:35 PM   #2005
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran
 
RejoyceoverDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowy-girls View Post
Thanks again .
Hopefully will stop thinking soon,'we wish we were back at CSR',it's only been a couple of days.I think that's another thing i am annoyed about, at myself,for quickly saying 'well we might as well go now then',on the spur of the moment.
We are having a lovely time here in general,it just put a dampner on things,all that planning for 16 months,i will snap out of it .
We are going back to eat there tomorrow evening ,as Mara really isn't anything to write home about,we ate there Saturday+tonight but won't be for the remainder of our stay.Yes the food is cooked to order,which i do like to see,but there isn't a great amount of choice.x.
Besides the resort, what other fun things have you been doing? Have you beend down to the Boardwalk? Down Town Disney? Have you tried some other resort places to eat? Did you get a chance to go to Crystal Palace Buffet?
What about fun things? Did you go over to Port Orleans and check out their food court or walk the river or better yet rent bikes or take a carriage ride?
How about a boat ride?

Did you leave the property to go to SeaWorld or anything else?
Any special plans lined up?

Curious that you are from UK, what do you think of Epcot and that area in the countries?

Would love to hear the good things you have planned for the rest of your stay as well as what you already did. Move forward honey!
So much to explore!

__________________

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)

RejoyceoverDisney is offline  
Old 08-19-2013, 11:00 PM   #2006
mommajo143
Mouseketeer
 
mommajo143's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 282

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerful chickadee View Post
Has anyone had a cake made by CSR for in-room dining? I am thinking of something for DD's Birthday next month and wonder if this is an option or if we should just arrange to do it at one of our dining reservations.
The cakes at sit downs are are very large. We didn't get one but a family of approx 6 got one at a neighboring table. More than 1/2 the cake was left when they finished. Made me happy we didn't order one for MIL BDay - the (free) cupcake she got had a candle & was plenty enough ...

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards ... 09/2010 CBR Pirate Room ; 11/2012 POR Royal Room ; Early 2014 CS in planning process'
__________________
CBR Pirates Room DS3 DH & I 9/2010
POR Royal Room DS18m, DS5, DH, MIL, FIL & I 11/2012
POFQ 2/21-3/4/2014 DS 2, DS 6, DH & ME
Fall 2014 10 Yr Anniv Trip! planning in progress...


mommajo143 is offline  
Old 08-19-2013, 11:06 PM   #2007
Snowy-girls
Did you speak to a 'human being'?
As you can see, all I have is a load of gobble-de-gook writing
 
Snowy-girls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: London,Uk
Posts: 9,152

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post
Besides the resort, what other fun things have you been doing? Have you beend down to the Boardwalk? Down Town Disney? Have you tried some other resort places to eat? Did you get a chance to go to Crystal Palace Buffet?
What about fun things? Did you go over to Port Orleans and check out their food court or walk the river or better yet rent bikes or take a carriage ride?
How about a boat ride?

Did you leave the property to go to SeaWorld or anything else?
Any special plans lined up?

Curious that you are from UK, what do you think of Epcot and that area in the countries?

Would love to hear the good things you have planned for the rest of your stay as well as what you already did. Move forward honey!
So much to explore!

Aww you are making me feel better .
Our first week 3-10th aug,was spent on I-Drive,we visited Seaworld twice,went to Premium Outlets and spent lot's of $$,and we stayed one night at Hard Rock Hotel to visit Universal+Islands of Adventure.

2nd week 10-17th, CSR.have visited DTD,which we love,ate in Earl of Sandwich,Ghiradeli+Wolfgang Puck Express.
Have been to Discovery Cove,which was an amazing day.
Been to Chef Mickey's+'Ohana for Dinner.

3rd week 17-24th,
Sun 18th was mine and hubby's 12th wedding anniversary,we had breakfast at Crystal Palace,and had dinner at Be Our Guest in the evening,which was excellent,the detail is amazing.
Today was DHS.
Coming up this week,we have breakfast at Tusker House,more DTD,dinner at Rainforest Cafe in AK,EMH at Epcot(as for UK in Epcot-hmmm very strange -we love the World Showcase ).Mini Golf at Winter/Summerland.

4th week 24-31st,
EMH at DHS,Epcot one evening then going over to the Boardwalk as we haven't done that before.Dinner at Garden Grill,Sci Fi,Cape May Cafe and T-Rex+Wishes Dessert Party.

The new FantasyLand and Storybook Circus are fab .Lots more park and pool days planned.

Lows so far,
Moving from CSR to AKL.
Dd8 fell yesterday walking up the steps out of the pool,and hit her eye/cheek on the hand rail(she also had swim goggles on so probably made it worse),lifeguards were great with her,she now has a mild black eye.
Service at 'Ohana(dinner) wasn't good(but food was great).
__________________

Sweet Kitty Dreams La-La,Smudge,Sam+Max.Together Again.11:3:94-20:5:08.x.x.29:4:93-17:3:09.x.x.29:4:93-21:7:10.x.x.11:3:94-2:3:12.x.x.

NOV90Sheraton Anaheim CaliforniaSEP93Quality Inn I-DriveSEP95Holiday Inn I-DriveSEP97Castle Inn+Suites AnaheimSEP98-Best Western AnaheimAUG03Quality Inn I-DriveApr/May04Holiday Inn I-DriveApr09Embassy Suites I-Drive SouthApr11Quality Inn Plaza+Pop.Aug13Rosen Inn Pointe,HRH,CSR+AKL With Free QSDP.AUG15Rosen Inn Pointe,HRH,RPR+21 nights at OKW With Free DDP.
Snowy-girls is offline  
Old 08-19-2013, 11:21 PM   #2008
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran
 
RejoyceoverDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowy-girls View Post
Aww you are making me feel better .
Our first week 3-10th aug,was spent on I-Drive,we visited Seaworld twice,went to Premium Outlets and spent lot's of $$,and we stayed one night at Hard Rock Hotel to visit Universal+Islands of Adventure.

2nd week 10-17th, CSR.have visited DTD,which we love,ate in Earl of Sandwich,Ghiradeli+Wolfgang Puck Express.
Have been to Discovery Cove,which was an amazing day.
Been to Chef Mickey's+'Ohana for Dinner.

3rd week 17-24th,
Sun 18th was mine and hubby's 12th wedding anniversary,we had breakfast at Crystal Palace,and had dinner at Be Our Guest in the evening,which was excellent,the detail is amazing.
Today was DHS.
Coming up this week,we have breakfast at Tusker House,more DTD,dinner at Rainforest Cafe in AK,EMH at Epcot(as for UK in Epcot-hmmm very strange -we love the World Showcase ).Mini Golf at Winter/Summerland.

4th week 24-31st,
EMH at DHS,Epcot one evening then going over to the Boardwalk as we haven't done that before.Dinner at Garden Grill,Sci Fi,Cape May Cafe and T-Rex+Wishes Dessert Party.

The new FantasyLand and Storybook Circus are fab .Lots more park and pool days planned.

Lows so far,
Moving from CSR to AKL.
Dd8 fell yesterday walking up the steps out of the pool,and hit her eye/cheek on the hand rail(she also had swim goggles on so probably made it worse),lifeguards were great with her,she now has a mild black eye.
Service at 'Ohana(dinner) wasn't good(but food was great).
Sounds fabulous! now stop keeping count of the Lows and keep building on the highs. Hope Dd8 feels ok. I'm sure the ego got bruised worse than the eye, but so glad she didn't get seriously hurt.

Love the places you have been and will be going. You have quite a special vacation going for you. Can't wait to get to FantasyLand and Storybook Circus. No kids with me, just the little girl in my heart.

I'm off to bed. Get a good nights sleep so you can make some more great memories and enjoy your pixie dust moments!!!
Can't wait to hear the good stuff in your post tomorrow.
__________________

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)

RejoyceoverDisney is offline  
Old 08-20-2013, 12:33 AM   #2009
saskdw
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,075

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowy-girls View Post
Thank you.x.This is what i can't get my head around?.How on earth can they over sell the room i am in,when i can book so far out in advance back in the UK?.They knew i was booked in for 3 weeks?.Yes the last week from the 25th is/was the problem.
AKL is nice but just not for us,it's not a resort we have been interested in and would stay in,in saying that nor is Saratoga Springs.I am just so upset that there wasn't even a choice for us to stay and then they could have asked someone else who would have liked the free upgrade,it was NO you must leave .x.
If you read my update on the fridge replacement a few pages back the answer is there. Apparently a company booked a huge convention at the last minute. They booked the entire CSR resort from Aug. 25th-28th. They must have paid a lot of money. Disney was going to upgrade all the CSR guests to a Deluxe resort.

We love CSR. It is our resort of choice. However club level savanah view at AKL is a huge upgrade. I would jump at that in a heartbeat if offered to me.
saskdw is offline  
Old 08-20-2013, 10:32 AM   #2010
bsjs0708
DIS Veteran
 
bsjs0708's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 683

Sooo super excited leaving in just 56 more days for the most awesomest food/wine festival!!!Staying in business class
__________________
"Shift your cargo, dearie, no need to expose your super structure"
1999,2000,2001,2002,2005,1008,2009,2010,2011,2012, 2013 DL,2014 DL,2014 WDW










[/url
bsjs0708 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:59 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: