Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 10:32 AM   #1891
paintnolish
You'd think a sniff in the general vicinity would be sufficient
I mean, how much more can a dead guy do?!?
I'm meh about "meh."

Yes, you stop at a host stand. They will give each member of your party a card. Once seated, a waitress will get you drinks. She will also ask if you've been there before and if you are on ddp. You will get more instructions then. If you have a refillable mug, bring it. They will fill it up and it won't count as one of your drinks; you can then get a bottled water and take it to go. Our waitress suggested that! Anyway, take your card up and wander around the stations until you find what you want. Tell the cm at that station your order and had him your card; he will stamp it. Hang around until your food is done, then take it back to your table. You can go over and get dessert before you eat your meal or you can do it after you eat, in case you want ice cream. Same process as with meal. Your server will check on you and get you anything else you might need. Once finished, your server will take your cards, tally everything up, and present your bill. Your server will then come back for your bill and process it: this I'd different from the past. You used to take the bill up to the register.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post34722197
DH Me DS (13) DD (12) Baby DS (1)
Old 08-10-2013, 10:55 AM   #1892
DisneyFamily123
Use the Force, Luke!

Pepper Market - Can you take your order "to go"? Are there trays or bags? We like taking breakfast food back to our room while getting ready for the parks; and eat lunch outside if nice weather. Tables outside? Thanks.
Our Disney Vacations: 2008-2014, 6 trips: Halloween, Christmas, Star Wars Weekend. Favorite resorts - All Stars, Pop Century, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian. Best Tip - Don't try to do it all... Go slower, relax, take a break, have an excuse to come back. Don't miss - Dapper Dans (MK), Flights of Wonder (AK), Fantasmic (HS), Mo-Rockin' (Epcot).
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2013, 11:33 AM   #1893
paintnolish
You'd think a sniff in the general vicinity would be sufficient
I mean, how much more can a dead guy do?!?
I'm meh about "meh."

Yes, you can take it to go; it will be boxed up so no need for a tray. Plenty of tables right outside, then more down by water.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post34722197
DH Me DS (13) DD (12) Baby DS (1)
Old 08-10-2013, 03:15 PM   #1894
Jenn2213
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Doubtfire View Post
You can also pick up at the Swan & Dolphin with Alamo
We leave tomorrow for a week at Coronado Springs, but are going to Legoland one day. What we decided to do is pick up the car from the dolphin at 8:30 when the Alamo center opens. They will send someone to pick you up. We plan on staying pretty much the whole day, and the Alamo at the Car Care Center closes before we would be back. We don't want to deal with returning it the next day. The Dolphin has after hours drop off. They do not offer return transportation to your resort after hours, but we figure we can use Disney transport to get back (it may take a while and be a bit out of the way, but it's free and it works for us). I believe we're paying about $50-60 for the rental (I don't know what we booked since my husband did it, but I know we're 4 adults and a child, so it must be at least a sedan). Hope this helps!
Old 08-10-2013, 03:24 PM   #1895
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn2213 View Post
We leave tomorrow for a week at Coronado Springs, but are going to Legoland one day. What we decided to do is pick up the car from the dolphin at 8:30 when the Alamo center opens. They will send someone to pick you up. We plan on staying pretty much the whole day, and the Alamo at the Car Care Center closes before we would be back. We don't want to deal with returning it the next day. The Dolphin has after hours drop off. They do not offer return transportation to your resort after hours, but we figure we can use Disney transport to get back (it may take a while and be a bit out of the way, but it's free and it works for us). I believe we're paying about $50-60 for the rental (I don't know what we booked since my husband did it, but I know we're 4 adults and a child, so it must be at least a sedan). Hope this helps!
That makes sense about the after hours and depending on when you get back, even if a shuttle was available from Alamo it might have taken time to get you back anyway.
Gonna talk to hubby about this as we were considering the car center. But I'll have to see where we will be going from drop off time. Might make more sense to go to Dolphin. Update us when you get back.
Thanks

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)

Old 08-10-2013, 04:28 PM   #1896
penelope75
Earning My Ears

bounce back?

For those of you that are at csr, have there been any bounce back offers?

POFQ September '05
POFQ January '08
Pop Century September '08
Pop Century September '09
Pop Century September '11
POFQ September '12
Coronado Springs September '13
Coronado Springs September '14

Old 08-10-2013, 04:45 PM   #1897
Mrs Doubtfire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn2213 View Post
If the Studios are still open that night you could walk across there from the Dolphin and get the bus back to CSR. Otherwise you might end up going somewhere like DTD or Epcot to catch one
Old 08-10-2013, 05:02 PM   #1898
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFamily123 View Post
Pepper Market - Can you take your order "to go"? Are there trays or bags? We like taking breakfast food back to our room while getting ready for the parks; and eat lunch outside if nice weather. Tables outside? Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintnolish View Post
Yes, you can take it to go; it will be boxed up so no need for a tray. Plenty of tables right outside, then more down by water.
Also, the cashiers usually have bags at the register. Just be sure to mention that you are getting food To Go so that they stamp your card with "to go" and you don't get charged the service fee at the register.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:37 PM   #1899
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.t. View Post
We are trying to decide between standard and preferred rooms. We will be there the week of Thanksgiving with FD, so I know the resort will be crowded. We will have 2 rooms and are most concerned with being close to the Pepper Market and transportation. Mom and I are the runners for breakfast while the kids and husbands are getting ready in the morning.
Does having preferred reallly make a difference? And is it worth the cost?

Thanks for all the information, we are so excited about the trip!
My personal opinion is that the preferred rooms aren't worth it. Business Class are the best rooms at CSR. I would either splurge for those or stick with standard. Water view might get you a better view, but no guaranteed location.

Last edited by saskdw; 08-10-2013 at 10:18 PM.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:55 PM   #1900
mommajo143
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
My personal opinion is that the preferred rooms are worth it. Business Class are the best rooms at CSR. I would either splurge for those or stick with standard. Water view might get you a better view, but no guaranteed location.
why are the business rooms superior? also, not related, when we stayed at the CBR there was a splash pool/water playground type area which our kids loved...anything similar at CSR?
Old 08-10-2013, 10:55 PM   #1901
TXMouseketeer
Earning My Ears

Great thread! I was a little apprehensive to switch from tiny POFQ to CSR for free dining, but the pictures are amazing. Now I'm excited about our resort.
Old 08-11-2013, 12:33 PM   #1902
crostorfer
Gryffindor Gal

The more I look at these pictures, the more I think I may pay the extra to stay here again, hmmmmmmmm. I'm sorely tempted. I wonder if I can book a business class room at a military discount? Never hurts to call and ask.

Old 08-11-2013, 12:43 PM   #1903
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommajo143 View Post
why are the business rooms superior? also, not related, when we stayed at the CBR there was a splash pool/water playground type area which our kids loved...anything similar at CSR?
The kiddie pool a CSR is the worse kiddie pool on property, imho. It's great for toddlers though. It's very small and very shallow.

There is a very nice "dry" playground on the opposite side of the Dig Site from the kiddie pool. It has an area for small kids and one for bigger kids. There are two sand boxes to play in too. There are usually a couple of buckets out.

Some stays there has been a foosball game out there, most stays there was a ping pong table.

My 19 year old loves CSR's pool the best of all the resorts we've stayed at (even beating Storm Along Bay). The water slide is great. The pool is huge. There is a giant hot tub, Volley ball court, ping pong, sometimes foosball, and the loaded nachos are great.
Old 08-11-2013, 08:23 PM   #1904
Momoftwins+1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crostorfer View Post
The more I look at these pictures, the more I think I may pay the extra to stay here again, hmmmmmmmm. I'm sorely tempted. I wonder if I can book a business class room at a military discount? Never hurts to call and ask.
You can, we booked two rooms for May in BC with mil room discount. I would assume unless they are all booked up for the discount over your time frame you could reserve BC room.
Old 08-11-2013, 08:59 PM   #1905
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Does anyone have any updates on how they're doing on the refrigerators?

Not a huge deal for us, but we'll be arriving Sept 6 and was just curious.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: