Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 10:41 AM   #1876
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post
We plan to rent a car for a couple days and I was wondering, is there parking close to all the resort rooms. In other words, if we end up in the back of the property, I understand it can be a 10 minute walk to main area (I don't care) but if we have a car is it parked the 10 minutes away or is there parking close to all the rooms no matter where you are staying. I assume there is parking near all the bus stops. But I hate to assume anything.

Lots to learn in the next 3 months and 1 week.
Yes. The parking is near each building/sections. You shouldn't have far to go to your car.

Old 08-09-2013, 12:04 PM   #1877
kris082668
Mouseketeer

Has anyone gone to from CSR to Legoland?

How did you get there and how much did it cost? (We are not taking or renting a car.)

Thanks gang!!
Register to remove

Old 08-09-2013, 01:00 PM   #1878
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris082668 View Post

How did you get there and how much did it cost? (We are not taking or renting a car.)

Thanks gang!!
I don't know about Legoland and cab cost but I know it's not cheap.
A friend took a cab to the Shrine on Sunday morning and it cost him something like $50 so for about the same price, we will get a rental from the car center at Disney and return it on Monday morning. Giving us a little more flexibility with how we spend our Sunday.

I know I read but have no idea where, a number for the common cab company that is around Disney resorts and you could try calling and asking for an estimate rate. Then make the decision about renting a car if it is more worth it. Especially if you are with a family.

check out this thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ntal+at+disney

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)

Last edited by RejoyceoverDisney; 08-09-2013 at 01:04 PM. Reason: add link to thread
Old 08-09-2013, 01:17 PM   #1879
kris082668
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post
I don't know about Legoland and cab cost but I know it's not cheap.
A friend took a cab to the Shrine on Sunday morning and it cost him something like $50 so for about the same price, we will get a rental from the car center at Disney and return it on Monday morning. Giving us a little more flexibility with how we spend our Sunday.

I know I read but have no idea where, a number for the common cab company that is around Disney resorts and you could try calling and asking for an estimate rate. Then make the decision about renting a car if it is more worth it. Especially if you are with a family.

check out this thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....ntal+at+disney
Where is the car center at Disney? And Thanks!!
Old 08-09-2013, 01:31 PM   #1880
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's on Disney resort property area.......I believe the resort desk calls for you and they send someone over to get you and bring you to the car center. Then when you return the car they drop you back off at the resort.

I haven't done it yet, but it sounds like a plan. I figure with 3 months to go I still have time to take care of that last detail. I've checked prices and for us it was going to work better than taking a cab. (again based on a friends expense)

My only selfish point is that when we get to Disney we will be dealing with the car instead of rushing to the parks. Precious time. But I have to let Hubby make some of the decisions and in the end it will make him happy. Again it will give us a little flexibility of what we do on Sunday.

I bet there is a thread on here to walk you through the how.
I just haven't checked that yet either.

2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
Old 08-09-2013, 01:40 PM   #1881
thumperjr9
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks gang!!
We always rent a car when in WDW. So we drove to Legoland from CSR last Aug. It's an easy drive and took us about 45 min. Unless you are really opposed to driving while on vacation I think it would easier and just as cheap to rent a car for a day. You could pick up a rental at the Car Care Center right on property. Also you could post on the Transportation boards for more info on cost for a shuttle/cab or for rental discounts/codes. You will probably get more response over there.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:12 PM   #1882
lylone
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1 View Post
Always keep in mind that more people are inclined to write a review (complaint) when they have a bad experience than when they have a good. So when you read reviews on TripAdvisor or other sites, you'll get more bad than good.
And don't believe all the good reviews either. We chose an All Inclusive in Cancun a few years back because of the reviews and how there were such great ravings about the food. The food was gross! Everything "cold" was sitting on cold plates and the food handlers were using their bare hands to put food out. The memory of a large bowl of cottage cheese that looked like lumpy milk on a cold plate still haunts me.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:36 PM   #1883
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Quote:
The car care center is near the Magic Kingdom toll booths. Now this isn't quite how it sounds. The toll booths are actually outside the Ticket & Transportation Center, which is where you park for the MK and pick up the monorail or take the boat over. You can not walk to the CCC.

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

Old 08-09-2013, 03:47 PM   #1884
spiritsim
DIS Veteran

parking

as you can see the parking is all around the out side so your car is never far away...

WDW Commando Member #241
First time in the world! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3134097
Old 08-09-2013, 04:18 PM   #1885
kris082668
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1

The car care center is near the Magic Kingdom toll booths. Now this isn't quite how it sounds. The toll booths are actually outside the Ticket & Transportation Center, which is where you park for the MK and pick up the monorail or take the boat over. You can not walk to the CCC.
Hey thanks! I really only thought you could get a rental from the airport. I think renting a car would be the most practical. Oooo, something else to obsess over.....
Old 08-09-2013, 08:54 PM   #1886
jedijuhl
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Hey thanks! I really only thought you could get a rental from the airport. I think renting a car would be the most practical. Oooo, something else to obsess over.....
If I'm not mistaken its National and Alamo Car Rentals at the Disney Car Care Center. We used Alamo from there 2 years back. The whole experience could not have gone any smoother. They picked us up from our resort and drive us to their office. Then when we returned the car a few days later they drove us to where every we wanted in WDW (any resort or park). We really can't say enough with how well this went for us. They even upgraded us to a premium vehicle at no charge. One thing we did was make sure we signed up for the Alamo car rental Insider membership. It's free and gave us a modest discount when booking it online before we arrived. This year when we go in November we are doing the same and because we are Alamo Insiders we got an email offer for a discounted price and 2 upgrades in class. Have fun !!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Old 08-09-2013, 09:32 PM   #1887
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijuhl View Post
If I'm not mistaken its National and Alamo Car Rentals at the Disney Car Care Center. We used Alamo from there 2 years back. The whole experience could not have gone any smoother. They picked us up from our resort and drive us to their office. Then when we returned the car a few days later they drove us to where every we wanted in WDW (any resort or park). We really can't say enough with how well this went for us. They even upgraded us to a premium vehicle at no charge. One thing we did was make sure we signed up for the Alamo car rental Insider membership. It's free and gave us a modest discount when booking it online before we arrived. This year when we go in November we are doing the same and because we are Alamo Insiders we got an email offer for a discounted price and 2 upgrades in class. Have fun !!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
thanks for the tip on the Alamo insider. I just joined and my husband is a National Emerald member so between the two, we should get a decent price for the few days we will need a car.

The double digits have me in the "I can't believe it's almost here". I just pulled out the wall calendar and marked the countdown numbers on the dates. Good thing I have some things planned the next few weekends or I would be out of my mind with obsessive thoughts.

Old 08-10-2013, 05:26 AM   #1888
Mrs Doubtfire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You can also pick up at the Swan & Dolphin with Alamo
Old 08-10-2013, 09:20 AM   #1889
v.t.
DIS Veteran

We are trying to decide between standard and preferred rooms. We will be there the week of Thanksgiving with FD, so I know the resort will be crowded. We will have 2 rooms and are most concerned with being close to the Pepper Market and transportation. Mom and I are the runners for breakfast while the kids and husbands are getting ready in the morning.
Does having preferred reallly make a difference? And is it worth the cost?

Thanks for all the information, we are so excited about the trip!
Old 08-10-2013, 09:34 AM   #1890
disneyworldfamily
Mouseketeer

I have read quite a few post explaining how pepper market works, but I don't think I really understand yet. Can someone please explain it to me?

From what I am reading, you are seated by a cm, the cm will get your drinks, but then when it comes to the food, it is laid out in stations and you have a card that is marked each time you take something. We will be on the ddp, so how do we avoid going over what we are allowed to have? And even though it is a qs, tips are required?

I'm sure we'll finally "get it" once we are there, but I'd love to have a good understanding up front.

Thanks! (And sorry if this seems like a silly question!)

Last edited by disneyworldfamily; 08-10-2013 at 11:01 AM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: