Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-08-2013, 02:09 PM   #1861
Grumpy4196
Mouseketeer
 
Grumpy4196's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Macon, GA
Posts: 80

I am currently booked at POP Oct.5-8 and was looking at switching to a moderate since the 20% off is in effect for that weekend. Anyone know why CSR would be $40-50 cheaper than any other moderate? Also most of the recent reviews on tripadvisor are vey negative for CSR. Anyone have any info? Thanks in advance.
__________________
11/20-11/29/2014 - POP Century
Past:
1974, 1982- Offsite
1998- Caribbean Beach
2001, 2011 - All-Star Movies
2003- All-Star Sports
2007, 2013, 2014 - Pop Century

Last edited by Grumpy4196; 08-08-2013 at 02:10 PM. Reason: added question
Grumpy4196 is offline  
Old 08-08-2013, 07:13 PM   #1862
Loreli
Mouseketeer
 
Loreli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 386

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy4196 View Post
I am currently booked at POP Oct.5-8 and was looking at switching to a moderate since the 20% off is in effect for that weekend. Anyone know why CSR would be $40-50 cheaper than any other moderate? Also most of the recent reviews on tripadvisor are vey negative for CSR. Anyone have any info? Thanks in advance.
I leave for CSR on the 17th it was just $195 more than AOA LM room for a week! But Port Orleans was over $500 more. CSR had the discount. I am soooo excited about CSR, it's my dream resort.
__________________
Loreli DH (refuses to go to Florida)
DD : 8 & DD 11
Loreli is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-08-2013, 09:38 PM   #1863
troll buster
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 421

Quote:
Originally Posted by djamesdisney1st

if you are on the FD plan you can refill the mugs at PM and at the dig site eating area
So we can refill mugs ourselves?
troll buster is offline  
Old 08-08-2013, 09:52 PM   #1864
lovethattink
DIS Veteran
 
lovethattink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,651

Quote:
Originally Posted by troll buster View Post
So we can refill mugs ourselves?
No, you can do it yourself at cafe rix, they do it for you at the others
lovethattink is offline  
Old 08-08-2013, 10:12 PM   #1865
Lindaland
Mouseketeer
 
Lindaland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 491

We are staying at CSR in Oct-Nov and we were planning on having some groceries delivered from Garden Grocer. I have heard lots of different things about shipping, charges & delivery. I was wondering what the best way to have them shipped would be and also would they deliver it to my room?? Any info would be appreciated.
__________________
Me DD

Lindaland is offline  
Old 08-08-2013, 10:22 PM   #1866
Nechville
DIS Veteran
 
Nechville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 837

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaland View Post
We are staying at CSR in Oct-Nov and we were planning on having some groceries delivered from Garden Grocer. I have heard lots of different things about shipping, charges & delivery. I was wondering what the best way to have them shipped would be and also would they deliver it to my room?? Any info would be appreciated.
We used garden grocer last year but we stayed at POFQ. There was a shipping charge, a small fuel excess charge, and then when I paid online, think there was the option of paying the tip. I actually had my order delivered the day before we arrived as the day we arrived was already booked full. They deliver to the front desk only, then you have to get it all to your room. I believe that is Disney policy. Was glad we had the stroller since we had two cases of water and some pop, among other things.
Overall was very happy with them and plan to order again for this trip at CSR!
Nechville is offline  
Old 08-08-2013, 10:23 PM   #1867
aggordon2
Mouseketeer
 
aggordon2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Briarwood, NY
Posts: 161

Refrigerators

We are arriving on the 18th of this month and was wondering if anybody that is currently or has been there recently have the new refrigerators?
__________________
: me dw ds (12) ds (12) dc (Patty) dc (Cassie)

DIS Dad's Club Member #576

aggordon2 is offline  
Old 08-08-2013, 10:27 PM   #1868
Nechville
DIS Veteran
 
Nechville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 837

Just checked the website. It says delivery charge $14, minimum order $40. Orders over $200 have $2 delivery charge. Nothing about fuel up charge. I think the delivery fee is a few dollars more than last year so maybe they realized gas isn't going down and just raised the delivery charge to begin with.
Nechville is offline  
Old 08-08-2013, 10:29 PM   #1869
Nechville
DIS Veteran
 
Nechville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 837

Also read on the website it is Disney policy deliveries are only made to bell services, not to your room. So you don't need to be there for delivery.
Nechville is offline  
Old 08-08-2013, 11:23 PM   #1870
Lindaland
Mouseketeer
 
Lindaland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nechville View Post
We used garden grocer last year but we stayed at POFQ. There was a shipping charge, a small fuel excess charge, and then when I paid online, think there was the option of paying the tip. I actually had my order delivered the day before we arrived as the day we arrived was already booked full. They deliver to the front desk only, then you have to get it all to your room. I believe that is Disney policy. Was glad we had the stroller since we had two cases of water and some pop, among other things.
Overall was very happy with them and plan to order again for this trip at CSR!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nechville View Post
Just checked the website. It says delivery charge $14, minimum order $40. Orders over $200 have $2 delivery charge. Nothing about fuel up charge. I think the delivery fee is a few dollars more than last year so maybe they realized gas isn't going down and just raised the delivery charge to begin with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nechville View Post
Also read on the website it is Disney policy deliveries are only made to bell services, not to your room. So you don't need to be there for delivery.
WOW!!! Thank you for all that info!!

We live in WA and this is the first time we thought about getting food delivered. We used to hop a taxi to Walmart and pick up some stuff but will be busy and honestly thought the cab fare was more than the delivery charge!! And with your info, it seems that was right! We only need to get some bfast stuff and snacks as we have the DDP. I am sure it will be more than $40 but prob wont go over the $200 mark, hopefully!1
__________________
Me DD

Lindaland is offline  
Old 08-09-2013, 02:51 AM   #1871
dayzee1983
Mouseketeer
 
dayzee1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy4196 View Post
I am currently booked at POP Oct.5-8 and was looking at switching to a moderate since the 20% off is in effect for that weekend. Anyone know why CSR would be $40-50 cheaper than any other moderate? Also most of the recent reviews on tripadvisor are vey negative for CSR. Anyone have any info? Thanks in advance.
Not gonna lie, the trip advisor reviews had me almost ready to switch resorts! The only other resort I would have gone I was POR but as I've stayed there I wanted a new experience so badly and thought that the grounds of CSR were so amazing! I'm just going with my gut and with all the raving fans on here and just being positive about it and thinking its to our advantage that it's not the best reviewed so the price gets kept lower))) I'm hopeful for an amazing time at this gorgeous resort. Also, I rarely agree with reviews on much! I always seem to go in with an open mind and I'm usually glad I have went with my gut instincts! Have a great trip yourself!
dayzee1983 is offline  
Old 08-09-2013, 07:52 AM   #1872
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus
 
kelleigh1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Behind Gillette Stadium
Posts: 7,700

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayzee1983 View Post
Not gonna lie, the trip advisor reviews had me almost ready to switch resorts! The only other resort I would have gone I was POR but as I've stayed there I wanted a new experience so badly and thought that the grounds of CSR were so amazing! I'm just going with my gut and with all the raving fans on here and just being positive about it and thinking its to our advantage that it's not the best reviewed so the price gets kept lower))) I'm hopeful for an amazing time at this gorgeous resort. Also, I rarely agree with reviews on much! I always seem to go in with an open mind and I'm usually glad I have went with my gut instincts! Have a great trip yourself!
Always keep in mind that more people are inclined to write a review (complaint) when they have a bad experience than when they have a good. So when you read reviews on TripAdvisor or other sites, you'll get more bad than good.
__________________

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA







kelleigh1 is offline  
Old 08-09-2013, 08:47 AM   #1873
DarkPaw
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nechville View Post
Also read on the website it is Disney policy deliveries are only made to bell services, not to your room. So you don't need to be there for delivery.
Last year we just asked bell services to bring it to our room, but we had to be with them. Just remember to tip.
DarkPaw is offline  
Old 08-09-2013, 08:52 AM   #1874
dayzee1983
Mouseketeer
 
dayzee1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1 View Post

Always keep in mind that more people are inclined to write a review (complaint) when they have a bad experience than when they have a good. So when you read reviews on TripAdvisor or other sites, you'll get more bad than good.
I couldn't agree more! So true.
dayzee1983 is offline  
Old 08-09-2013, 09:34 AM   #1875
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran
 
RejoyceoverDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,144

Question about Resort parking

We plan to rent a car for a couple days and I was wondering, is there parking close to all the resort rooms. In other words, if we end up in the back of the property, I understand it can be a 10 minute walk to main area (I don't care) but if we have a car is it parked the 10 minutes away or is there parking close to all the rooms no matter where you are staying. I assume there is parking near all the bus stops. But I hate to assume anything.

Lots to learn in the next 3 months and 1 week.
__________________

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)

RejoyceoverDisney is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: