Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2013, 07:36 AM   #1831
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylandgirl View Post
Or you can grab one of the many benches around the grounds and sit and relax, watch the sun come up and enjoy the lush landscaping and wildlife.
That sounds heavenly! I love early mornings at Disney. They're just so magical.

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

kelleigh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:32 AM   #1832
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1 View Post
If I remember correctly from Oct., they are not disposable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by photos_101 View Post
No they are a hard plastic (ceramic looking) coffee cups.
Thanks. I was hoping they were disposable as I'm not sure I'll be buying a refillable mug. I was thinking I'd make coffee in the room and take off instead of taking a refillable mug to Cafe Rix. It would be much easier to leave the room and not be concerned with returning the plastic mug. Oh well, maybe I'll pack some styrofoam cups.
EpcotBill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-07-2013, 10:26 AM   #1833
3kidsdad
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post
My guess is that they clear/clean your table after you are done eating then.
It's not a self clean up like most quick service and people waiting to sit as soon as you get up from the table. right?

As my girlfriend keeps saying, after being there a day or two we will figure out how things work. But it is nice to have the heads up.
Pepper Market actually has a hostess to seat people. There is definitely no one hovering over you waiting for you to get up. They will clean up after you and bring you refills for your drinks. If you're on a DDP and choose to bring refillable mugs, they will fill them for you and give you a bottle of water for the road if you wish as your meal would include a non-alcoholic beverage.

Pepper Market can be a bit confusing at first. Your server will bring everyone in the party a card. You take the card to the food stations and have the cook stamp on it what you got. The server will collect the cards at the end of your meal and then present you a check.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:42 AM   #1834
ILoveWD
Mouseketeer

Can I easily order food to go from Pepper Market ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kidsdad View Post
Pepper Market actually has a hostess to seat people. There is definitely no one hovering over you waiting for you to get up. They will clean up after you and bring you refills for your drinks. If you're on a DDP and choose to bring refillable mugs, they will fill them for you and give you a bottle of water for the road if you wish as your meal would include a non-alcoholic beverage.

Pepper Market can be a bit confusing at first. Your server will bring everyone in the party a card. You take the card to the food stations and have the cook stamp on it what you got. The server will collect the cards at the end of your meal and then present you a check.
On some days, I may make a run to get food while my family wakes up. Can you take the cards and get food to go easily ?

Even without the table and chairs in the room, it still is an easier way to start the day by eating in the room.

Thanks for the great info on this thread.
10/13 AoA Cars Suite
Next Trip: Disneyland 8/14 GC
ILoveWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:45 AM   #1835
Mama Bear Jenn
Earning My Ears

fridge updates?

Hi - have learned so much about CS by reading all the threads here - thanks for everyone's input and pix!! We arrive on Sunday for a business class room and was wondering if the fridges are working or replaced? not sure if i should pack a collapsable cooler to keep drinks cold overnight in our room? thanks! so excited to be there in just a few days with our family!!!
Mama Bear Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:46 AM   #1836
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post
My guess is that they clear/clean your table after you are done eating then.
It's not a self clean up like most quick service and people waiting to sit as soon as you get up from the table. right?

As my girlfriend keeps saying, after being there a day or two we will figure out how things work. But it is nice to have the heads up.
Yes they bus the table and bring you drinks. Expected tip is about 10%. Usually for 2-4 people $5 would be fine. It is true that if you are in a hurry this isn't the place to eat, but we were never in a hurry when we ate there.
saskdw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:01 AM   #1837
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Bear Jenn View Post
Hi - have learned so much about CS by reading all the threads here - thanks for everyone's input and pix!! We arrive on Sunday for a business class room and was wondering if the fridges are working or replaced? not sure if i should pack a collapsable cooler to keep drinks cold overnight in our room? thanks! so excited to be there in just a few days with our family!!!
They are replacing fridges as they get them like the other resorts. I read on another forum that the Business Class rooms have working fridges. Makes sense to replace the most expensive rooms first.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:04 AM   #1838
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveWD View Post
On some days, I may make a run to get food while my family wakes up. Can you take the cards and get food to go easily ?

Even without the table and chairs in the room, it still is an easier way to start the day by eating in the room.

Thanks for the great info on this thread.
We are staying Business Class our next stay at CSR so we will get breakfast there, but before that we ordered breakfast supplies from Garden Grocer and had breakfast in the room every morning. It was cheaper, quicker, and we didn't have to fight the breakfast crowd.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:30 AM   #1839
ashleyrm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
Thanks. I was hoping they were disposable as I'm not sure I'll be buying a refillable mug. I was thinking I'd make coffee in the room and take off instead of taking a refillable mug to Cafe Rix. It would be much easier to leave the room and not be concerned with returning the plastic mug. Oh well, maybe I'll pack some styrofoam cups.
You can always pick up some Styrofoam cups and lids at the marketplace...
March 1994 - Poly; 1995 - CBR; Nov 1997 - All Star Music; Dec 1998 - Beach Club; Aug 1999 - Dixie Landings; July 2002 - POR; Summer 2003 - ASMo; Nov 2004 - POR; April 2005 - OKW Jan 2009 - Port Orleans French Quarter; ; Feb 2009 - POR; Mar/Apr 2009 - BC; May 2009 - POFQ; Nov 2009 - Pop; Mar 2011 - All Star Movies; Apr 2012 - POR; Aug 2012 - ASMu; Dec 2012 - CSR; Feb 2013 - ASSports; May 2013- POFQ; Oct 2013 -CSR; Dec 2013 - ASSports; Feb '14 - AKL; Apr '14 - POP; May '14 - SSR treehouse
ashleyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:41 AM   #1840
DisneyFamily123
Use the Force, Luke!

Thanksgiving Week - No Convention A Good Thing?

Staying Thanksgiving week at CSR and no convention scheduled. I'm thinking that's a good thing (less people at the resort who are not Disney addicted...) but does CSR scale down services when there's no convention? For example, shorter pool hours, etc..
May 2014 - Port Orleans Riverside (Star Wars Weekend!), Also Dec. 2011 - Pop Century, Sept. 2011- Caribbean Beach Resort, Dec. 2010 - All Star Movies, Oct. 2009 - Polynesian, Nov. 2008 - All Star Sports
DisneyFamily123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:51 AM   #1841
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFamily123 View Post
Staying Thanksgiving week at CSR and no convention scheduled. I'm thinking that's a good thing (less people at the resort who are not Disney addicted...) but does CSR scale down services when there's no convention? For example, shorter pool hours, etc..
Conventions do not affect hours or services.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:54 PM   #1842
photos_101
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFamily123
Even though there may not be one listed on here doesn't mean there isn't one being held.
None were listed for our days this past week but there was actually 2 going on and we did notice the influx of people on those days.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:02 PM   #1843
email_shell
Mouseketeer

Shipping and Deliveries

Hi everyone

I am going to be at CSR November 14-22. First timer at any moderate resort so I have a few questions. Trying to figure out the shipping situation. I know it has been said there is a charge for UPS/Fed Ex packages to be delivered. I believe they also said USPS was free. I may be shipping a box down, so that is good information to have. Is there a different address you have to ship things to through the USPS?

Also, I was planning on using Garden Grocer for some items. Is there a charge by CSR for this service also or just the delivery fee from Garden Grocer? Does anyone know how far in advance you need to order? With the fridge situation, I am concerned about ordering refrigerated food/drinks. I would like to know if there are working refrigerators before I order.

I know these questions have probably been asked but I dug through the posts and I couldnt find them. Sorry if this is a recent repeat.

thanks!!
email_shell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:06 PM   #1844
BayouMickey
Green Grinning Gators Come Out To Socialize

Quote:
Originally Posted by photos_101 View Post
Even though there may not be one listed on here doesn't mean there isn't one being held.
None were listed for our days this past week but there was actually 2 going on and we did notice the influx of people on those days.
Very true.. However I really do not see there being any conventions TG week. It's highly unlikely.
BayouMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:11 PM   #1845
Julie521
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1 View Post
I can tell you that my husband will probably be making a run to Dunkin every morning. That is one of the reasons we must have a rental car. He can't survive on WDW coffee. He needs his Dunkin.
I think being in Mass. no other coffee can compare. When you are used to Dunks, its the only thing you can run on! We always drive and i plan which cash station we go to when they have dunks to get too.

Julie521 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: