Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 10:40 PM   #1786
Pirates life for me
Mouseketeer

Okay CSR experts I just booked today...Nov 15-20 tried to get 21st as well but no luck...should I keep trying?

First time at CSR we have been POP two other times...what section would you recommend to stay in with my wife and 7 and 9 girls...I am thinking closest to the buses would be best since our stay is shorter this time around.

Any other tips for a first timer would be great...thanks in advance
Old 08-06-2013, 07:02 AM   #1787
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

First time at CSR....room set up

Love this tread and all the pictures. The rooms look pretty much same set up as POFQ the last time I was there.
What I don't see is a table/chairs to sit and eat breakfast. I vaguely remember or so I thought, one at POFQ (but maybe not)

Is there just a desk in the room? I see some square leather looking things off to the side. Are those ottomans?

I like my coffee while watching tv to wake up.
Wondering if I will be doing that from my bed. :-)
Then again with the beautiful lake and all, I might be shutting out the world and enjoying the resort instead of the news.

I feel insanely addicted right now. I can't stop thinking about vacation.

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-06-2013, 07:58 AM   #1788
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post
Love this tread and all the pictures. The rooms look pretty much same set up as POFQ the last time I was there.
What I don't see is a table/chairs to sit and eat breakfast. I vaguely remember or so I thought, one at POFQ (but maybe not)

Is there just a desk in the room? Yes I see some square leather looking things off to the side. Are those ottomans? Yes

Then again with the beautiful lake and all, I might be shutting out the world and enjoying the resort instead of the news. Enjoy the resort - it's beautiful.

I feel insanely addicted right now. I can't stop thinking about vacation. I don't blame you. I would be, too.
I have a friend who is going to CSR for the first time (in Nov). His family likes to use the little table and chairs for breakfast, too. They usually stay at POR. The ottomans can be easily moved around the room. The desk is rather heavy - you can push it one way or the other a little tho. We moved the desk over toward the dresser to accommodate a cot in the room and moved the ottomans over in the larger space near the bathroom area.

This picture was taken before we moved the ottomans and got the cot.

C-DSCN0036 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

You'll be here soon!!

IMGP0586 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

Old 08-06-2013, 07:58 AM   #1789
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Is there just a desk in the room? I see some square leather looking things off to the side. Are those ottomans?

Then again with the beautiful lake and all, I might be shutting out the world and enjoying the resort instead of the news.

No table and chairs at CSR, just a desk, desk chair and 2 ottomans.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:59 AM   #1790
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:

There are more pictures and videos on allears.net

There is a desk with a chair. Yes there is ottomans .

Some people use the ironing board near the bed as a tv tray

It is a beautiful resort, the pictures don't do it justice. Cactus and palm trees are so pretty together

I have sat on the ottomans and had coffee looking out the window or use them as an extra luggage carrier.

A mom and me connection before year 2 of college. I sure will miss her

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 POP, GF 19 17
Old 08-06-2013, 08:01 AM   #1791
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
There are more pictures and videos on allears.net

There is a desk with a chair. Yes there is ottomans .

Some people use the ironing board near the bed as a tv tray

It is a beautiful resort, the pictures don't do it justice. Cactus and palm trees are so pretty together

I have sat on the ottomans and had coffee looking out the window or use them as an extra luggage carrier.
That's what I did - used the ottomans for my suitcase.

Old 08-06-2013, 08:08 AM   #1792
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirates life for me View Post
Okay CSR experts I just booked today...Nov 15-20 tried to get 21st as well but no luck...should I keep trying?

First time at CSR we have been POP two other times...what section would you recommend to stay in with my wife and 7 and 9 girls...I am thinking closest to the buses would be best since our stay is shorter this time around.

Any other tips for a first timer would be great...thanks in advance
When you do online checkin one option is "near transportation" . I would just check that. I have been in buildings 3,4,5,7a,7b and 9b.

Read the first page of thread about buildings. Do you like higher buildings? Near food or near Dig Site?

I found 3 (Casitas)so far from dig site I preferred Ranchos and Cabanas the best .

CBR,DL1996CBR1997ASmo1999ASmo2000CBR 2002POP AKL 2004 POP GF 2005WLCabin OKW 2006POP Poly POFQ Asmo2007 POP ASMo CSR POP CSR2008 POP WL Poly CSR2009CSR CR BLT Poly YC2010 POR CR-cl BLT2011 CSR POFQ CBR GF-cl POP BLT2012 CSR-bc Poly-CL CR, Poly-CL CBR GF-RPC 2013GF-CL VGF CR-Atrium Club MKV,CR Hospitality Suite Poly CL 2014 POP, GF 19 17
Old 08-06-2013, 09:44 AM   #1793
mac24601
Earning My Ears

We are booked at CSR from 11/9-11/16. Free dining!! This was a back up choice, but I think it will be an even better experience than what we would have had at our first choice. Can't wait to get there! I'm really enjoying reading all of the tips.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:48 AM   #1794
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
No table and chairs at CSR, just a desk, desk chair and 2 ottomans.
Sigh I guess I'll have to adjust and maybe go sit by the lake.
For all I know POFQ did'nt have them either. I just had this thought they did.

My final thought is that having morning coffee anywhere on Disney property will be just fine.

2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)

Old 08-06-2013, 11:51 AM   #1795
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac24601 View Post
We are booked at CSR from 11/9-11/16. Free dining!! This was a back up choice, but I think it will be an even better experience than what we would have had at our first choice. Can't wait to get there! I'm really enjoying reading all of the tips.
I have stayed there in the month of nov many times. Very beautiful!

There are videos of the resort on allears and youtube. In person however so much nicer!

Congrats on free dining! Enjoy your planning!

Old 08-06-2013, 01:17 PM   #1796
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
For all I know POFQ did'nt have them either. I just had this thought they did.

My final thought is that having morning coffee anywhere on Disney property will be just fine.
The other Mods still have the table and two chairs.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:26 PM   #1797
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpcotBill View Post
The other Mods still have the table and two chairs.
ok so I wasn't imagining it.
I've been further thinking and depending on what building we are in, it might make more sense to have coffee while walking around the lake. I'm not much for a powered creamer and if the fridge situation isn't fixed, I'll be taking my mug over to get it filled. And sounds like that might be a walk.

I'll figure it out. Lesson learned. Just because you make your reservation in January, doesn't mean the plan will be the same when you actually get there.
Traveling with no kiddos will make my ability to be flexible much easier.

It's all good.

Old 08-06-2013, 01:32 PM   #1798
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:

That would be terrible!! How will you survive!!
Old 08-06-2013, 01:59 PM   #1799
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Quote:
ok so I wasn't imagining it.
I've been further thinking and depending on what building we are in, it might make more sense to have coffee while walking around the lake. I'm not much for a powered creamer and if the fridge situation isn't fixed, I'll be taking my mug over to get it filled. And sounds like that might be a walk.

I'll figure it out. Lesson learned. Just because you make your reservation in January, doesn't mean the plan will be the same when you actually get there.
Traveling with no kiddos will make my ability to be flexible much easier.

It's all good.
I can tell you that my husband will probably be making a run to Dunkin every morning. That is one of the reasons we must have a rental car. He can't survive on WDW coffee. He needs his Dunkin.

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

Old 08-06-2013, 02:05 PM   #1800
nkereina
Wendy Darling

I read on another thread that someone was trying to book CSR for 11/15-11/22 but there was no availability the night of 11/21. Anyone know of anything going on at CSR that week that would cause the lack of availability that evening? I see there is the 2013 IWLCA Annual Meeting then, but based on what I've read, doesn't seem like it would be really big. Any ideas?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: