Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 04:48 PM   #166
party-of-five
Mouseketeer

Free water

We are leaving tomorrow and we have about 18 bottles of water. We would love to give them to someone.... Anyone here?
Old 12-14-2012, 05:17 PM   #167
celestialred
Keep the Dr. Pepper flowing or the fluffy bunny bites it!

We just booked 9/21-9/27 next year for our return trip! We had been looking at 2012 but between job changes and my MIL passing away after a long illness, it was just as well we didn't. We need a getaway after all of that. Hope to run into some of you while we're down there.

CSR May 1998-Honeymoon
RPR @ Universal Jan 2007-Work Conference
Renaissance @ SeaWorld Jan 2013-Work Conference Micro-Trip Report Here!
Sep 2013-Back to CSR and First Trip For The Kids - Come check out my PTR here!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-15-2012, 12:05 AM   #168
Falicity
Earning My Ears

Leaving Australia tomorrow and on our way to CSR, can't wait. It has come so very fast. Has anyone gone to MVMCP as yet, if so what was it like? We are going on the 21st Dec.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:07 AM   #169
PaulaSB12
DIS Veteran

I have booked a king bed room at CSR which buildings have the king rooms in them?
Old 12-15-2012, 02:31 AM   #170
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaSB12 View Post
I have booked a king bed room at CSR which buildings have the king rooms in them?
They all have some king bed rooms.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:36 AM   #171
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Just back from a very short whirlwind trip at CSR. We had so much packed into 3 days that I never even saw CSR in the daylight hours other than rushing to catch ME from Disney transportation! We left each morning in the dark & returned in the wee hours of the next morning. Everything was decorated beautifully in the lobby/regitration area, the tree was stunning. All the CMs were very helpful. Ranchos are FAR from the lobby, thankfully we utilized the internal transport system (aka golfcart) both times we needed it. I had requested Casitas, near transportation, but got neither. It wasn't too bad, we weren't very close to the bus stop though. This wouldn't have been so bad had it not rained the entire trip!

Bus service was excellent going to parks, but returning was not. On a MVMCP night we waited 45 min. for a bus. The line for CSR went all the way back past the entrance to the TTC ferry. People complained to the transportation booth but they didn't do anything. Returning from DTD also took a good 30 min. for a bus. But this happens at all resorts at some time.

I LOVED the refurbed rooms. I hadn't been to CSR since 1999 when it was bold yellow, orange & red.

I will get some pics up in the next few days, even after a short trip its hard to get back into reality!

KatMark glad your surprise went well - so did mine! Lots of hugging & tears all around.

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
Old 12-15-2012, 11:42 AM   #172
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
Just back from a very short whirlwind trip at CSR. We had so much packed into 3 days that I never even saw CSR in the daylight hours other than rushing to catch ME from Disney transportation! We left each morning in the dark & returned in the wee hours of the next morning. Everything was decorated beautifully in the lobby/regitration area, the tree was stunning. All the CMs were very helpful. Ranchos are FAR from the lobby, thankfully we utilized the internal transport system (aka golfcart) both times we needed it. I had requested Casitas, near transportation, but got neither. It wasn't too bad, we weren't very close to the bus stop though. This wouldn't have been so bad had it not rained the entire trip!

Bus service was excellent going to parks, but returning was not. On a MVMCP night we waited 45 min. for a bus. The line for CSR went all the way back past the entrance to the TTC ferry. People complained to the transportation booth but they didn't do anything. Returning from DTD also took a good 30 min. for a bus. But this happens at all resorts at some time.

I LOVED the refurbed rooms. I hadn't been to CSR since 1999 when it was bold yellow, orange & red.

I will get some pics up in the next few days, even after a short trip its hard to get back into reality!

KatMark glad your surprise went well - so did mine! Lots of hugging & tears all around.
So glad the surprise went well. We had great bus luck...going and coming back. I'm sorry you had some issues. Aren't the new rooms great? I love them.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:05 PM   #173
PaulaSB12
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falicity View Post
Leaving Australia tomorrow and on our way to CSR, can't wait. It has come so very fast. Has anyone gone to MVMCP as yet, if so what was it like? We are going on the 21st Dec.

I am going to be at the same party as you and staying at the CSR as well.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:12 PM   #174
Falicity
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaSB12

That's excellent, hope you have a great time. We are very excited.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:13 PM   #175
Falicity
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaSB12

That's excellent, hope you have a wonderful time
Old 12-16-2012, 02:52 PM   #176
hogwartsdropout
You can't run away from trouble...ain't no place that far..

Hi guys, my DBF and I will be staying at CSR from 2/6 - 2/12. We will be in a standard room for 4 nights and 2 nights in Business Class.
We have stayed at CSR before but only for one night and that was back in 2008. I'm excited to stay for longer.
I saw that conventions are on during our stay in the Business Class room so I'm guessing we will not be allowed to use the business lounge at this time?
2000, 2003, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside
2009 - Saratoga Springs
2008-2009 UK World Showcase CM (stayed at WL, POR, GF, CR, ASSp, ASMo, CS, CB, YC, Pop)
2011 - ASSp and WL
2012 - ASSp and AKL
2014 - ASSp
Old 12-16-2012, 03:29 PM   #177
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogwartsdropout View Post
Hi guys, my DBF and I will be staying at CSR from 2/6 - 2/12. We will be in a standard room for 4 nights and 2 nights in Business Class.
We have stayed at CSR before but only for one night and that was back in 2008. I'm excited to stay for longer.
I saw that conventions are on during our stay in the Business Class room so I'm guessing we will not be allowed to use the business lounge at this time?
If you are booked for Business Class, the lounge should be available to you. Not all conventions use the lounge, and I don't think they would allow you to book Business Class if they couldn't provide the amenities to you.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:43 PM   #178
ashleyrm
DIS Veteran

Checked in this morning. Had requested Casitas 4 but ended up in Casitas 1. A nice short walk to the main building so easy to use our refillable mugs. Long walk to the main pool, but not even sure we'll get there during our stay! Room is clean and nice. Like having the sliding doors to close off the bathroom area. Need a bit of privacy since I am traveling with my 27 year old son! Had a great late morning/early afternoon at AK. Resting up a bit before heading to Sanaa for dinner and then over to DHS for EMH.

Sat by the lake for awhile this afternoon and really enjoyed it. Was very serene and quiet for the most part. The giant turtles in the lake kind of freak me out...
March 1994 - Poly; 1995 - CBR; Nov 1997 - All Star Music; Dec 1998 - Beach Club; Aug 1999 - Dixie Landings; July 2002 - POR; Summer 2003 - ASMo; Nov 2004 - POR; April 2005 - OKW Jan 2009 - Port Orleans French Quarter; ; Feb 2009 - POR; Mar/Apr 2009 - BC; May 2009 - POFQ; Nov 2009 - Pop; Mar 2011 - All Star Movies; Apr 2012 - POR; Aug 2012 - ASMu; Dec 2012 - CSR; Feb 2013 - ASSports; May 2013- POFQ; Oct 2013 -CSR; Dec 2013 - ASSports; Feb '14 - AKL; Apr '14 - POP; May '14 - SSR treehouse
Old 12-16-2012, 06:20 PM   #179
nkereina
Wendy Darling

I'll be staying at CSR for the first time in November - looking forward to it even though its so far away! Are there any buildings that are completely full of preferred rooms? We are booked in the King category and would like to be near the food court and a quiet pool. I'd also like to be near a bus stop, but not necessarily the main bus stop by the main building. I like the looks of the casitas the best but I know the preferred rooms are in this section. Are there any casitas buildings we can't request because they would all be preferred? Thanks!
Old 12-17-2012, 09:53 PM   #180
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina View Post
I'll be staying at CSR for the first time in November - looking forward to it even though its so far away! Are there any buildings that are completely full of preferred rooms? We are booked in the King category and would like to be near the food court and a quiet pool. I'd also like to be near a bus stop, but not necessarily the main bus stop by the main building. I like the looks of the casitas the best but I know the preferred rooms are in this section. Are there any casitas buildings we can't request because they would all be preferred? Thanks!
Casitas 1, 2 and 3 are ALL preferred rooms. Casitas 4 and 5 are NOT preferred and not that long of a walk. We were in Casitas 4 last week and it took me less than five minutes to walk to the main pool aind took my husband about ten minutes to walk to the main pool (I didn't go in the pool this trip) and he walks a tad slower than me.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: