Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 07:46 PM   #1771
plumsiren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaland View Post
We booked CSR with standard room and FD for 10/29-11/4, I was wondering if there are any Casitas that are not preferred rooms? We are not using the Pepper Market much but would like to be close to bus stop 2, any suggestions on which would be the best rooms to request that are not in the preferred range??
You want to be in Casitas 4 or 5. They're not preferred, and are actually closer to the bus stop than the rest of the Casitas (4 is the closest overall). Casitas 4 has the salon, fitness center, laundry facilities, and a quiet pool; Casitas 5 is closer to the main Dig Site pool.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:31 AM   #1772
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

We booked two rooms at CSR for October to take advantage of free dinning. A friend of DW was also able to get us two rooms at the Friends & Family Discount so we'll be at CSR for our whole stay in October rather than a split stay. I'm sure I'll have more questions as our trip gets closer.
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report In Progress
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2013, 08:41 AM   #1773
ashleyrm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by photos_101 View Post
Just checked in to CSR business level. We really have not had time to explore too much but my first thought upon getting to our room was that they really need to wash the outside of the buildings. They are very dirty and gave us a motel 6 vibe. Kinda depressed about that.

We did have time to grab a quick muffin from the lounge.

Oh and we do have a working fridge! First one out of our 3 resorts this week.
Hope you can share more about business level. Will be staying there in October. If the buildings look dirty you should definitely share that with the front desk people. When I stayed there last December they were out bright and early every morning with the power washing sidewalks, cleaning fountains, etc. Maybe building washing is next on their agenda!
March 1994 - Poly; 1995 - CBR; Nov 1997 - All Star Music; Dec 1998 - Beach Club; Aug 1999 - Dixie Landings; July 2002 - POR; Summer 2003 - ASMo; Nov 2004 - POR; April 2005 - OKW Jan 2009 - Port Orleans French Quarter; ; Feb 2009 - POR; Mar/Apr 2009 - BC; May 2009 - POFQ; Nov 2009 - Pop; Mar 2011 - All Star Movies; Apr 2012 - POR; Aug 2012 - ASMu; Dec 2012 - CSR; Feb 2013 - ASSports; May 2013- POFQ; Oct 2013 -CSR; Dec 2013 - ASSports; Feb '14 - AKL; Apr '14 - POP; May '14 - SSR treehouse; Jul 14 - CSR; Oct '14 POFQ/CSR
Old 08-05-2013, 09:55 AM   #1774
JEAhrtWDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMomTo2 View Post
What did you like better about Cabanas vs Casitas?
Because of the location of the Cabanas we just seemed closer to the pool and El Centro. There was also work being done on the sidewalks during the time we stayed in Casitas which required us to walk farther. This probably tainted my experience a bit.

Previous Trips...
24 Hour Rock Your Disney Side May 2014 ~ Thanksgiving 2013 CSR ~ June 2013 GF (work trip) ~ Sept 2013 WL (DS 6th B-Day) ~ Aug 2011 CSR (girls only - niece's 13th birthday) ~May 2011 Poly (4 yr old cousins trip) ~ Nov 2010 Beach Club ~June 2010 19 in a Vacation Home ~Aug 2009 CSR (girls only) ~ Nov 2008 POFQ ~Aug 2008 POP (girls only) ~June 2005 DTD Hotel~June 2004 Vacation Home ~ Nov 2002 DTD Hotel~March 2001 DTD Hotel~Nov 2000 Offsite
Old 08-05-2013, 01:01 PM   #1775
spiritsim
DIS Veteran

more changes

Just talked to the TA we are now going to be at CSR oct 1-12,2014 still far away but it's a week closer than it was...

WDW Commando Member #241
First time in the world! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3134097
Old 08-05-2013, 01:45 PM   #1776
BalooPA
Earning My Ears

Sorry, misread something.

Last edited by BalooPA; 08-05-2013 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Sorry, misread something.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:26 PM   #1777
sweetpeaandevie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritsim View Post
Just talked to the TA we are now going to be at CSR oct 1-12,2014 still far away but it's a week closer than it was...
And two days longer!!!
Old 08-05-2013, 03:45 PM   #1778
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Let them think you are crazy! We don't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpeaandevie View Post
And two days longer!!!
Welcome home and let them think you are crazy! I love this forum because I can find people that don't think I'm crazy and they get me. I haven't even gone on my November week yet and I'm day dreaming about another in Feb/March.

I'll be at CSR, November 16-23....I can't wait. Never been there and it looks beautiful!

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)

Old 08-05-2013, 03:52 PM   #1779
RejoyceoverDisney
DIS Veteran

Fire Works!

I read somewhere that someone could see the fire works from their room at CSR. Does anyone know which area that would be possible?
I have had such a magical planning period that I really don't feel the need to request a room, but it would be a cool perk to know to look for them if we end up in that area.
What would be even cooler is to see them from a hammock but I believe that only would be possible at Polynesian.

2014 - POFQ 26th Anniversary! giggles and yay!
2014 - POR solo trip, 2013 - CSR (25th Anniversary month)
2010 - POFQ (Celebrating my special friend 79th birthday - We adopted each other as daughter/Mother), 2008 - POP (Special vacation with youngest son before high school)
2002 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons), 2000 - Fort Wilderness Cabins (Hubby and 2 sons)
1988 - Polynesian (Honeymoon), 1985 - Disney Land visit one day (girlfriends)
1983 - Disney World (girlfriend - don't remember where we stayed)

Old 08-05-2013, 04:07 PM   #1780
smplicty29
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post
I read somewhere that someone could see the fire works from their room at CSR. Does anyone know which area that would be possible?
I have had such a magical planning period that I really don't feel the need to request a room, but it would be a cool perk to know to look for them if we end up in that area.
What would be even cooler is to see them from a hammock but I believe that only would be possible at Polynesian.
I thought I had read 4th floor Casitas Bldg 4 or 5 for the fireworks, I think.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:09 PM   #1781
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RejoyceoverDisney View Post
The best view of the fireworks at CSR is from the 4th floor of Casitas 4.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:20 PM   #1782
DLFan123
living the dream-literally!

This looks like a beautiful resort. So what exactly makes a king room "preferred" versus just a regular king room? I booked a king preferred room, but I don't really know what to expect. We won't have a car, so we're hoping to be more near to amenities...also wouldn't mind a room that looks nice/has been refurbed. I saw some awful pictures on tripadvisor of some old, dingy looking rooms, and then some room pictures that are gorgeous. How will I know what I am getting? Should I request a certain building? Any help is appreciated!
Old 08-05-2013, 06:50 PM   #1783
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLFan123 View Post
This looks like a beautiful resort. So what exactly makes a king room "preferred" versus just a regular king room? I booked a king preferred room, but I don't really know what to expect. We won't have a car, so we're hoping to be more near to amenities...also wouldn't mind a room that looks nice/has been refurbed. I saw some awful pictures on tripadvisor of some old, dingy looking rooms, and then some room pictures that are gorgeous. How will I know what I am getting? Should I request a certain building? Any help is appreciated!
If you booked a preferred king room, you will have a room with a king bed located in a preferred building. Preferred buildings are 1, 2 and 3 and are considered preferred because they are close to the food court, bus stop and gift shop.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/cspringsmap.htm
Old 08-05-2013, 07:02 PM   #1784
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLFan123 View Post
We booked a king water view, and got a Cabanas room, ground floor corner, it was PERFECT. Close to the main building, close to the dig site. Couldn't have been happier. And the view was AWESOME>
Old 08-05-2013, 08:39 PM   #1785
photos_101
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyrm

Hope you can share more about business level. Will be staying there in October. If the buildings look dirty you should definitely share that with the front desk people. When I stayed there last December they were out bright and early every morning with the power washing sidewalks, cleaning fountains, etc. Maybe building washing is next on their agenda!
I would be happy to answer any questions about business level.
We went to the lounge this morning for bagels, pastries, oj, and coffee. Tonight we had chips and salsa, diet coke and hubby had a beer. Went back at 7pm for choc pretzels and hubby had another beer. They offered me a wine or sangria too.

As far as the resort, I have tried to keep an open mind but after 2 days, I still feel the same. We did walk the entire resort and it seems the BC buildings are the ones that are dirty and drabby looking.
We are also used to putting our do not disturb sign up and having a bag of towels, coffee and such left on the door handle. That didn't happen so we had to have some brought to us. Need my morning coffee! Lol

The quiet pool was in desperate need of a pool boy. It had a nice layer of leaves and other floaties. I am not sure if it was because there was just not many people swimming or what but we went to check it out and decided we were glad we could swim at home and that it was not a must do here so we skipped the pool. The other pool was nice and clean, just too crowded for us.

DD and I went to do laundry and we got stuck in the laundry room. Haha the doors would not open! It was actually pretty funny considering how I already felt about the place, then that happened. All we could do was laugh. I mean we were at Disney at least.
We finally just kept pushing at the doors until they opened. Came back to the room to get more money and what do I do? I put the money in the SAME dryer that I already had going. Duh! So back to the room for yet more money. Finally we had both dryers going!

All in all, I am just not feeling the Disney magic here. IMHO the lounge is not worth it unless you drink the beer and such. I guess the location is key too. It is close to food court.

Also want to say.. the CM's here are super friendly. We have met some wonderful workers.

We are now debating between Poly, AOA suite or POFQ for December.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: