Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 08:14 PM   #1756
MickeyMomTo2
Lauren S. @baseballsbows

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEAhrtWDW View Post
Booked CSR Business Class with Free dining for Thanksgiving week, Nov. 23-29. This will be our 3rd stay at CSR. First time was in 2009 and we were in Cabanas 9A and in 2011 we were in Casitas 5. I really liked the location of the Cabanas.

I read on the first page of this thread that Business Class rooms are all in 9B, but thought that I read somewhere else that they are in 9A and 9B. I'm hoping to be in 9B to be as close as possible to Coconino Cove and El Centro.

I am so excited about this trip. Even with free dining it will be nice to have a quick breakfast option, real coffee, the extra snacks and some adult beverages also knowing that our room will be in a great location.

I have only found a couple of reviews of the business class experience and looked at all of the great pictures in this thread. I would love to hear of anyone's recent experience and if you were in 9A or 9B.
What did you like better about Cabanas vs Casitas?
Old 08-03-2013, 08:14 PM   #1757
DisneyFamily123
Use the Force, Luke!

As far as rooms, I'm happy with standard room being anywhere near the main pyramid pool. Plus can fill our refillable mugs, get an adult drink or snack at the Siesta place by the pool. 8A looks perfect -- close to pool and bus stop. We always swim when back from the parks. I can walk to the El Centro.

Hours say pool closes at 11pm but we never had a problem at other resorts taking a late night dip. Same at CSR?
Our Disney Vacations: 2008-2014, 6 trips: Halloween, Christmas, Star Wars Weekend. Favorite resorts - All Stars, Pop Century, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian. Best Tip - Don't try to do it all... Go slower, relax, take a break, have an excuse to come back. Don't miss - Dapper Dans (MK), Flights of Wonder (AK), Fantasmic (HS), Mo-Rockin' (Epcot).
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-03-2013, 08:26 PM   #1758
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFamily123 View Post
Hours say pool closes at 11pm but we never had a problem at other resorts taking a late night dip. Same at CSR?
Only once years and years ago. There was such a mosquito problem that they closed all the pools at 7 and enforced it.

I'm early to bed and early to rise, so can't say I've been swimming past 11.
Old 08-03-2013, 10:18 PM   #1759
spiritsim
DIS Veteran

refill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer UK View Post
I hope someone can help maybe?

I've asked for connecting rooms as we have 5 children.

I'd like to request that we are as close to El Centro as possible (as drink refills takes priority over the pool or bus stops )

I'm looking at the map and the info on page one of this thread and see that the preferred rooms are in Casitas 1, 2 and 3. Does this mean all of the rooms in these buildings are preferred, or just some?
I can't afford to pay for preferred rooms unfortunately, but thought that there's no harm in asking if they might be available.

Also, does anyone know if the Casitas have connecting rooms? This request needs to be my most important really. I'd just like my children to have a bit of independence to go and refill themselves, without trekking across the resort.

Lastly, do I make these requests simply by phoning and can I phone this far in advance? Will I need to add to it in any way? Would I need to mention it when I check in at the resort?
We're likely to get there in the evening and if there's somewhere to leave our bags we will be fine to wait for our room to be ready as I was planning on watching Wishes from the Poly beach

Do you think we stand much chance? We're going for two weeks at the end of May 2014, if that makes a difference.

Thanks for any help for this newb I am SO looking forward to this! It's such a massive change from ASMu - where we stayed for our first trip!
you can refill mugs at the dig site pool bar.

WDW Commando Member #241
First time in the world! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3134097
Old 08-03-2013, 11:10 PM   #1760
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMomTo2 View Post
What did you like better about Cabanas vs Casitas?
Personally I like the grounds around the Cabanas the closeness to the lakes and hammocks, and the décor of the Cabanas all over the Casitas ...
Old 08-04-2013, 03:34 AM   #1761
Sundancer UK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritsim View Post

you can refill mugs at the dig site pool bar.
I know, but not early morning I think? That's when we're most likely to want it - before we hit rope drop

I've decided I'm not a Disney fan as everyone thinks I am - No, I'm a Disney Geek!

I have a blog. I've posted a little. If people look I might be prompted to do more...

http://aurorasjoy.blogspot.co.uk/
Old 08-04-2013, 07:12 AM   #1762
Mrs Doubtfire
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer UK View Post
OK so all of Casitas 1, 2 and 3 are all preferred. I'll rule those out then.

I see that Cabanas 9a or Casitas 4 are the next most suitable. They still look far but I'm hoping the map is deceiving!
Would I be more successful asking for one of these buildings specifically, or simply requesting to be as close to El Centro as possible?

My questions in the post above on how to make the request still stand!
We were in Casitas 5 and it took about 10 minutes to have a steady walk to El Centro. We requested top floor and got it, we booked with an American TA and they added the request to our booking.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:17 AM   #1763
Disney*Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Joining this thread. Booked CSR for October 18-25 with free dining. We are celebrating our youngest son's first birthday. This will be our first stay at CSR, we have always stayed value in the past, but now with 3 kids, need a bigger room. Can't wait. We have visited CSR before to eat at Pepper Market and really like the way it looks. We wanted to stay at CBR for the kiddie pool area, but wanted the bigger beds, and sleeping def won out.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:07 AM   #1764
photos_101
Mouseketeer

Just checked in to CSR business level. We really have not had time to explore too much but my first thought upon getting to our room was that they really need to wash the outside of the buildings. They are very dirty and gave us a motel 6 vibe. Kinda depressed about that.

We did have time to grab a quick muffin from the lounge.

Oh and we do have a working fridge! First one out of our 3 resorts this week.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:17 AM   #1765
ginny_lynn
Mouseketeer

Hello, we will be staying at CSA for the first time 11/12-11/21! We booked standard view with FD!!! This will be our second trip to Disney, First one was last August at POP. I was not a huge fan of POP....hoping I like CSR better! Thank you for this thread it has given me a lot of useful information already!

100 days until Disney!

Old 08-04-2013, 11:41 AM   #1766
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by photos_101 View Post
Just checked in to CSR business level. We really have not had time to explore too much but my first thought upon getting to our room was that they really need to wash the outside of the buildings. They are very dirty and gave us a motel 6 vibe. Kinda depressed about that.

We did have time to grab a quick muffin from the lounge.

Oh and we do have a working fridge! First one out of our 3 resorts this week.
That's a bummer that the buildings gave you a motel 6 vibe. Maybe they need a good power washing. We've had so much rain lately. I know my lanai needs a really good power washing from all the debris stuck to it from all the afternoon storms.

Congrats on the working fridge! That's a big plus.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:15 PM   #1767
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEAhrtWDW View Post
Booked CSR Business Class with Free dining for Thanksgiving week, Nov. 23-29. This will be our 3rd stay at CSR. First time was in 2009 and we were in Cabanas 9A and in 2011 we were in Casitas 5. I really liked the location of the Cabanas.

I read on the first page of this thread that Business Class rooms are all in 9B, but thought that I read somewhere else that they are in 9A and 9B. I'm hoping to be in 9B to be as close as possible to Coconino Cove and El Centro.

I am so excited about this trip. Even with free dining it will be nice to have a quick breakfast option, real coffee, the extra snacks and some adult beverages also knowing that our room will be in a great location.

I have only found a couple of reviews of the business class experience and looked at all of the great pictures in this thread. I would love to hear of anyone's recent experience and if you were in 9A or 9B.
Business Class is 9B only. We are booked there in Dec for our 3rd stay at CSR.
Old 08-04-2013, 01:02 PM   #1768
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginny_lynn View Post
Hello, we will be staying at CSA for the first time 11/12-11/21! We booked standard view with FD!!! This will be our second trip to Disney, First one was last August at POP. I was not a huge fan of POP....hoping I like CSR better! Thank you for this thread it has given me a lot of useful information already!

100 days until Disney!
POP and CSR have a totally different feel to it. Where POP is over the top big, CSR has more of a relaxed feel to it. The Disney touches are more subdued and hidden, not so much in your face.

I've stayed at both many times and like each one for totally different reasons. I definitely prefer CSR of the two.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:30 PM   #1769
jedijuhl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post

Casitas 4 is what you want.
I saw your reply for someone wanting easy access to food as well as bus stop. My wife and I are traveling with my elderly parents (late 60's early 70's) for their first ever WDW visit and we have the same requirements. Really just looking for a building with short walk to food and busses. We have also put in a room request of adjoining rooms. Does anyone know if there are adjoining rooms in Casitas 4 and if so how many? What would be our odds of getting it?

Thanks to everyone for all the helpful informative posts here! November can't get here soon enough!

Old 08-04-2013, 07:38 PM   #1770
Lindaland
Mouseketeer

We booked CSR with standard room and FD for 10/29-11/4, I was wondering if there are any Casitas that are not preferred rooms? We are not using the Pepper Market much but would like to be close to bus stop 2, any suggestions on which would be the best rooms to request that are not in the preferred range??

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: