Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 07:59 AM   #1726
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran

I just switched a portion of my October ressie from POFQ to CSR as I was able to obtain a better discount with the new fall offer. I have a preferred room. I've never stayed at CSR. Are there any requests that I should make in terms of the view? I'd like a lake view, would this be available for a preferred room? Thanks!
Old 08-02-2013, 08:17 AM   #1727
ottawadisfan
Earning My Ears

Another CSR fan here!
To all those who have switched to CSR because of FD- I'm sure you will absolutely love your stay there. The rooms are beautiful- modern, clean (as in not tacky) and the resort is very relaxing.

This will be our third stay there, however it will be our first time with the kids.

Of course, this brings on a few new questions for us:

Are all the quiet pools fairly deep? I read that the Casitas pool is the most "adult" of the three?
Do any of the quiet pools have lifevests for the kids, or will I need to trek over to the Dig Site to get one?
And can lifevests be kept for the duration of the stay?
April 2010- CSR with DH
August 2003- Honeymoon at CSR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-02-2013, 08:25 AM   #1728
lindap1
DIS Veteran

Finally got my free dining yesterday We are booked room only on Nov 10 and then the 11-17 we have a separate reservation for free dining. Have never done a split stay and this is also our first time staying at CSR. From what I understand...we'll check in on Sunday and then EARLY...I mean... EARLY check out on Monday..recheck BACK in for the next ressie. We have an ADR at crystal Palace for 8:20 a.m on Monday...what are the chances of us keeping our same room (both ressies have been linked together) and what are the chances of us getting to MK on time for our ADR?
Old 08-02-2013, 10:13 AM   #1729
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

When we originally started planning this trip, we bounced back and forth between CSR and POR. We ended up going with POR, but now we're back to CSR because of free dining.

So tell me everything I need to know! LOL

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

Old 08-02-2013, 10:20 AM   #1730
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1 View Post
When we originally started planning this trip, we bounced back and forth between CSR and POR. We ended up going with POR, but now we're back to CSR because of free dining.

So tell me everything I need to know! LOL
Traitor... Nah just playing. I have been over here also for sometime.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:44 AM   #1731
chrisc88
Mouseketeer

Another CSR newbie. Had Royal Room at POR but no free dining available for our days so CSR it is. My niece cannot wait to check out the pool

Old 08-02-2013, 10:45 AM   #1732
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisc88 View Post
Another CSR newbie. Had Royal Room at POR but no free dining available for our days so CSR it is. My niece cannot wait to check out the pool
Yeah CSR would be my alternate to POR. So welcome to CSR!
Old 08-02-2013, 10:49 AM   #1733
daizieduck
DIS Veteran

Same here, having tried all the moderate resorts, DH and I almost always stay at POR but last Oct. and this Oct. we are at CSR because no FD available at POR. I actually have come to prefer CSR but DH still likes POR best. One advantage to CSR is not having to share buses with another resort like POR and POFQ do. When I get on the bus I am eager to get to the parks or my room so the fewer stops the better!
Old 08-02-2013, 10:54 AM   #1734
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by daizieduck View Post
Same here, having tried all the moderate resorts, DH and I almost always stay at POR but last Oct. and this Oct. we are at CSR because no FD available at POR. I actually have come to prefer CSR but DH still likes POR best. One advantage to CSR is not having to share buses with another resort like POR and POFQ do. When I get on the bus I am eager to get to the parks or my room so the fewer stops the better!
Not all parks share buses between both Port Orleans resorts. Epcot has two separate buses and it also can be fun to take a bus to one if you don't mind walking and doing a little sight seeing. Especially if you arrive at the stations see a bus for one and have to wait for a bus for the other. Id choose getting back a bit sooner myself.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:12 AM   #1735
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Traitor... Nah just playing. I have been over here also for sometime.
LOL
We'll eventually get back to POR. But I couldn't get the free dining and moving to CSR saved us $500. I had to do it. And in the process, I also changed back to the TA I'd used for previous trips which makes me very happy.

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

Old 08-02-2013, 11:14 AM   #1736
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1 View Post
LOL
We'll eventually get back to POR. But I couldn't get the free dining and moving to CSR saved us $500. I had to do it. And in the process, I also changed back to the TA I'd used for previous trips which makes me very happy.
Well you got to do what you have to. I am glad you could save money especially 500 more. Hope you have a magical visit!
Old 08-02-2013, 11:37 AM   #1737
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Gadsden View Post
Don't care at all about the pool, we hardly ever actually have a 'resort day', and we're going in December anyway.

Got a bad ACL injury and can't walk too well, but I still like to hold off on a wheelchair if at all possible, so which building is best for someone who cares about dining and buses and that's absolutely it, and doesn't have a preferred room.

And is there a bus stop that is easier to get a seat on than the others?
Casitas 4 is what you want.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:57 PM   #1738
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4wdw View Post
I just switched a portion of my October ressie from POFQ to CSR as I was able to obtain a better discount with the new fall offer. I have a preferred room. I've never stayed at CSR. Are there any requests that I should make in terms of the view? I'd like a lake view, would this be available for a preferred room? Thanks!
Well, I've changed again. I've been checking the disney website several times today and I found a garden view @ POR with the fall discount. So I'll be staying there unless I can find a room @ POFQ. Now to change my countdown ticker again!

Last edited by crazy4wdw; 08-02-2013 at 05:40 PM.
Old 08-02-2013, 04:12 PM   #1739
DisneyFamily123
Use the Force, Luke!

Thanksgiving Dinner at Maya Grill

Edited -- Question Answered by Maya Grill
2013 Thanksgiving Pre-Fixe Menu
$30
First Course
Roasted Pumpkin Bisque with Chile Dusted Pepitas and Nutmeg Crema
~or~
Mixed Green Salad w/ Pomegranate Vinaigrette, Candied Pistachios and Goat Cheese

Second Course
Ancho Rubbed Turkey Breast w/ Green Beans, Garlic Mashed Potatoes w/ Pan Jus Gravy and a Parker House Roll

Third Course
Blackberry and Pineapple Cobbler

-----------------

Anyone have Thanksgiving Dinner at Maya Grill before? I found a menu (old one) that shows a Pre-Fixe Menu $30 per person. Sounds delicious! Wondered if they might do the same thing for 2013 and if covered by dining plan. Any past experience?

Our Disney Vacations: 2008-2014, 6 trips: Halloween, Christmas, Star Wars Weekend. Favorite resorts - All Stars, Pop Century, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian. Best Tip - Don't try to do it all... Go slower, relax, take a break, have an excuse to come back. Don't miss - Dapper Dans (MK), Flights of Wonder (AK), Fantasmic (HS), Mo-Rockin' (Epcot).

Last edited by DisneyFamily123; 08-12-2013 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Question Answered by Maya Grill
Old 08-02-2013, 07:28 PM   #1740
DizneeMommy
DIS Veteran

Snagged FD at CSR for our 20th anniversary trip in November! We've stayed at POP every time we've been, so to stay at a mod is a treat for us! CSR looks amazing. . .can't wait!

DizneeMommy DH DD12 DS16:
Kids' First Trip: June 2007 @ POP!!!
June 2009 & July 2011 @ POP!!!
Next Trip: June 2014
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: