Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-30-2013, 09:59 AM   #1651
trishadono
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 1,511

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
Are there bathrooms at the quiet pools that we could use to change before our flight? We don't have ME until 4:30pm & will need to change after being in the parks all day. Are there showers anywhere at the main pool?
At the mods there is a bathroom and laundry room at each small pool. No towels there, need to get from main pool(dig site). At the main pool is where they have showers. At dig site it is near the arcade.
trishadono is offline  
Old 07-30-2013, 10:08 AM   #1652
Greenfield1984
DIS Veteran
 
Greenfield1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 730

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
Yes
Thanks

One more question. I was planning on requesting Cabanas 8a or b to be close to the dig site because we have 3 young kids with us and that's what's important to me. However we were going to have our car with us so bus stops weren't a consideration.

We have now decided to fly instead and will not be renting a car so we will be relying on the buses. I read that bus stop #2 near the casitas is picked up first and bus stop 4 would be last... so will we have a problem getting on a bus if we're by stop #4? Will it be full by the time it gets to us?

Thanks for your input!
__________________
October 2013: CSR with DD6, DD2, DD1, DMIL and DFIL!
November 2012: AoA with DD5, DD1 and DD2months!
October 2011: ASMo with DD4 and DD7months
October 2009: POP with DD2
February 2009: AKL with DD 18mos
April 2007: ASMo HONEYMOON!
December 2005: Off site - Big Family Vacation
August 2000
Summer 1991
Fav rides:Carousel of Progress, Figment, Tower of Terror, Timekeeper (RIP), Nemo Musical
Fav Park: EPCOT
Greenfield1984 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-30-2013, 10:27 AM   #1653
ADisneyQueen
DIS Veteran
 
ADisneyQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: PA
Posts: 3,549

I think bus stop #1 is last so yours would be the third stop.
__________________
Our Family DH Me DD17 DD13, DC 18 RIP, DC 2
Dec.2001-First family trip to WDW, ASMovies
Nov.2003-CSR,Oct. 2004-Offsite at HIFS(now Nick Hotel)March 2006-POP,Easter March 2008- POP
Christmas 2009-CBR and RI Seaworld,June 2012-POP
Aug 2013- CSR and AOA
ADisneyQueen is offline  
Old 07-30-2013, 10:52 AM   #1654
saskdw
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,899

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
The beer in the lounge is in glass bottles. Also they serve drinks in glass while in lounge. It wasn't a problem to walk around with alcohol just not in glass.
Ok, that makes sense.
saskdw is offline  
Old 07-30-2013, 10:54 AM   #1655
saskdw
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,899

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
At the mods there is a bathroom and laundry room at each small pool. No towels there, need to get from main pool(dig site). At the main pool is where they have showers. At dig site it is near the arcade.
They also have showers and large change rooms at the Casitas 4 quiet in the Fitness Center.
saskdw is offline  
Old 07-30-2013, 10:58 AM   #1656
saskdw
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenfield1984 View Post
Thanks

One more question. I was planning on requesting Cabanas 8a or b to be close to the dig site because we have 3 young kids with us and that's what's important to me. However we were going to have our car with us so bus stops weren't a consideration.

We have now decided to fly instead and will not be renting a car so we will be relying on the buses. I read that bus stop #2 near the casitas is picked up first and bus stop 4 would be last... so will we have a problem getting on a bus if we're by stop #4? Will it be full by the time it gets to us?

Thanks for your input!
Actually bus stop 1 is the last pick-up. Christmas 2010 we were in Ranchos 7B and used bus stop 4 our entire trip with no issues. And that is the busiest time of year, so you should be ok.
saskdw is offline  
Old 07-30-2013, 11:04 AM   #1657
trishadono
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 1,511

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
They also have showers and large change rooms at the Casitas 4 quiet in the Fitness Center.
Good to know! Thanks.
trishadono is offline  
Old 07-30-2013, 11:31 AM   #1658
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!
 
TaraPA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Posts: 16,101

Thanks for all the shower info! I'm sure in August by 4:30pm we'll need to clean up before heading to the airport! Too bad the lounge doesn't open back up til 5pm or we could hang in there & grab a cool drink while waiting for ME. That is one perk of CL at deluxes....you can use the lounge til midnight the day you check out, and we usually take the latest flight possible home. Oh well no worries, we'll figure it out!
__________________



Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
[/SIZE]
TaraPA is offline  
Old 07-30-2013, 11:57 AM   #1659
Charleneluvsdisney
Always Disney Dreaming!
 
Charleneluvsdisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Buffalo, NY- NOT the snow capital of the world!
Posts: 643

I have a standard room booked, but am not sure of the locations of the standard rooms. We would like to stay in the Casitas area. I started to do online check in, but I am not give the choice to select the Casitas. I am only given ranchos and cabanas as a choice. Are all the buildings in the Casitas preferred? I will be there 8/15.
Charleneluvsdisney is offline  
Old 07-30-2013, 12:23 PM   #1660
saskdw
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleneluvsdisney View Post
I have a standard room booked, but am not sure of the locations of the standard rooms. We would like to stay in the Casitas area. I started to do online check in, but I am not give the choice to select the Casitas. I am only given ranchos and cabanas as a choice. Are all the buildings in the Casitas preferred? I will be there 8/15.
Casitas 4 & 5 have standard rooms.
saskdw is offline  
Old 07-30-2013, 07:57 PM   #1661
hill6
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Central Jersey
Posts: 1,503

They have towels in carts outside the fitness center which is right at the quiet pool by building four. No need to get from main pool. That is where we got them this past weekend.
__________________
My Name is Debbie and I am a Certified Disneyaholic
First Trip Age 8.
20+ trips since.


Saratoga Springs Nov 8-13 our First DVC trip
hill6 is offline  
Old 07-31-2013, 05:54 AM   #1662
honeybunches
That sounds like a cat poster, but it's true
 
honeybunches's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 777

Officially overwhelmed by all the great info here! We are thinking about trying CSR this time. I need a room that is #1 close to a bus stop and #2 close to a place to fill our mugs. Can you tell me what room I should ask for? Thanks!
__________________
Dreaming of a Dole Whip......
honeybunches is offline  
Old 07-31-2013, 06:43 AM   #1663
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon
 
Venomhatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL
Posts: 4,656

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybunches View Post
Officially overwhelmed by all the great info here! We are thinking about trying CSR this time. I need a room that is #1 close to a bus stop and #2 close to a place to fill our mugs. Can you tell me what room I should ask for? Thanks!
It is easy to feel that way. It's Disney World and there is so much to take in. But that's why we are all here should you need any questions or concerns resolved.
Venomhatch is offline  
Old 07-31-2013, 10:23 AM   #1664
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran
 
RinkyTinkyTinky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,061

I have two questions if anyone here can help:

1. Does Casitas 4 have any sort of water fountain in front of the building? I can't find any pictures that are specifically labeled as being the outside of Cas. 4.

2. I read on the first post that you can refill your mug at the pool bar. Is this a self serve station or does the bar have to be open to use it?

TIA!!!
RinkyTinkyTinky is offline  
Old 07-31-2013, 10:41 AM   #1665
saskdw
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,899

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
I have two questions if anyone here can help:

1. Does Casitas 4 have any sort of water fountain in front of the building? I can't find any pictures that are specifically labeled as being the outside of Cas. 4.

2. I read on the first post that you can refill your mug at the pool bar. Is this a self serve station or does the bar have to be open to use it?

TIA!!!
Casitas 5 has a fountain in the courtyard in front of it. Casitas 4 has a large quiet pool. You can from the quiet pool at Casitas 4 see the fountain in between buildings of Casitas 3.

You can get your mug filled at the pool bar, but it isn't self serve.
saskdw is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: