Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-29-2013, 02:09 PM   #1636
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!
 
TaraPA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Posts: 16,156

Hi CSR gang! I'm back! I just changed 2 nts of our 6-nt trip next week to Business Class. I'm so excited! DH can't stay the whole time with us, and the Deluxe CL BWI room was $500+/nt......so I "downgraded" to CSR Business Class to save $300 a night when its just the kids & I - and I can't wait! We stayed at CSR in December (also back in 1999) and it's such a beautiful resort. I can't wait to try Business Class, and I'm super excited to be in 9B. In December we were back in Ranchos & it seemed a million miles away from everything.

Anyone else going to be there 8/12-14?
__________________




AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
TaraPA is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 02:48 PM   #1637
RookieLady
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 213

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
Hi CSR gang! I'm back! I just changed 2 nts of our 6-nt trip next week to Business Class. I'm so excited! DH can't stay the whole time with us, and the Deluxe CL BWI room was $500+/nt......so I "downgraded" to CSR Business Class to save $300 a night when its just the kids & I - and I can't wait! We stayed at CSR in December (also back in 1999) and it's such a beautiful resort. I can't wait to try Business Class, and I'm super excited to be in 9B. In December we were back in Ranchos & it seemed a million miles away from everything.

Anyone else going to be there 8/12-14?
Please post about your trip when you get back. I am going to Boardwalk in August and then again to a not yet chosen resort in October. I am hoping for a bounceback to reduce cost of an August 2014 20th anniversary trip, for which I am bring 4 kids (only two of which are mine). My husband is clueless about the costs and because of the need for two rooms this time, I am debating about a moderate or DVC.

But, DH now wants to stay concierge. We could do this, but it would really limit our food budget, and I don't want to do that. I can save a ton by doing business class at CSR. Although we almost always stay deluxe, we have never done concierge, so I have no comparison.

I would love to hear what folks think about this CSR business class. I know I will be stuck on the busses, but the maps seem to show this resort as centrally located, and the pool seems promising to my boys who must have a cool pool slide.
RookieLady is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-29-2013, 02:58 PM   #1638
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!
 
TaraPA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Posts: 16,156

Quote:
Originally Posted by RookieLady View Post
Please post about your trip when you get back. I am going to Boardwalk in August and then again to a not yet chosen resort in October. I am hoping for a bounceback to reduce cost of an August 2014 20th anniversary trip, for which I am bring 4 kids (only two of which are mine). My husband is clueless about the costs and because of the need for two rooms this time, I am debating about a moderate or DVC.

But, DH now wants to stay concierge. We could do this, but it would really limit our food budget, and I don't want to do that. I can save a ton by doing business class at CSR. Although we almost always stay deluxe, we have never done concierge, so I have no comparison.

I would love to hear what folks think about this CSR business class. I know I will be stuck on the busses, but the maps seem to show this resort as centrally located, and the pool seems promising to my boys who must have a cool pool slide.
You could get away with 1 CL room for 6 if everyone will share beds. The Deluxe CL rooms sleep up to 6 and are larger than a regular room, but with 6 it will still be tight. They are cha-ching, I only book them when there is a 35-40% AP discount. But for 6 people you'd have breakfast covered every day, and that can really add up. I think cost-wise 2 rooms in CSR Business Class will be your best bet. When I'm back I will be able to compare Deluxe Resort CL with CSR Business Class for you. We've stayed CL before at BC & WL and we only use the lounge regularly for breakfast. Other days we're in the parks & just aren't back when they have evening offerings.
__________________




AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
TaraPA is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 03:05 PM   #1639
RookieLady
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 213

Thanks! Can you get a deep discount on a deluxe room? In reading the Wilderness Lodge thread, I thought most of the time the discount was only 5%, if any. I have no idea about the Boardwalk deluxe though. The lack of discounts on those rooms was what led me to CSR. Plus, this being an anniversary trip, a second room is a real bonus, given the presence of the kids, which is so much more affordable at CSR.
RookieLady is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 03:20 PM   #1640
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!
 
TaraPA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Posts: 16,156

Quote:
Originally Posted by RookieLady View Post
Thanks! Can you get a deep discount on a deluxe room? In reading the Wilderness Lodge thread, I thought most of the time the discount was only 5%, if any. I have no idea about the Boardwalk deluxe though. The lack of discounts on those rooms was what led me to CSR. Plus, this being an anniversary trip, a second room is a real bonus, given the presence of the kids, which is so much more affordable at CSR.
You are correct about the Deluxe rooms at WL - I have never seen them discounted, ever! We got 40% off BC Deluxe CL room last spring, and 35% off for this upcoming trip at BWI. But there are only a handful of those rooms so they are often not available with discounts. I've just gotten lucky to find them!

Even in my scenario, its still cheaper to get 2 CSR Business Class rooms. BWI Deluxe CL room was $500/nt, the CSR Business Class room was $200/nt. So $400/nt for 2 rooms, 2 bathrooms, etc. is probably your best bet.
__________________




AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
TaraPA is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 03:55 PM   #1641
ashleyrm
DIS Veteran
 
ashleyrm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: newark, de usa
Posts: 878

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kidsdad View Post
Just got back from a weekend stay at CSR business class. There were several changes that have occured just since our last weekend getaway six weeks ago.

Business Class Lounge. No muffins for breakfast anymore, only dry little cinnamon roll things. They do still have bagels, fresh fruit, juice, milk etc. No more white sangria's (wife was really ticked over that one). The red just wasn't as good and had no fruit in it.
Glad that I read this. Think it helped me decide not to pay extra for the Business Class for our upcoming trip in October.
__________________
March 1994 - Poly; 1995 - CBR; Nov 1997 - All Star Music; Dec 1998 - Beach Club; Aug 1999 - Dixie Landings; July 2002 - POR; Summer 2003 - ASMo; Nov 2004 - POR; April 2005 - OKW Jan 2009 - Port Orleans French Quarter; ; Feb 2009 - POR; Mar/Apr 2009 - BC; May 2009 - POFQ; Nov 2009 - Pop; Mar 2011 - All Star Movies; Apr 2012 - POR; Aug 2012 - ASMu; Dec 2012 - CSR; Feb 2013 - ASSports; May 2013- POFQ; Oct 2013 -CSR; Dec 2013 - ASSports; Feb '14 - AKL; Apr '14 - POP; May '14 - SSR treehouse; Jul 14 - CSR; Oct '14 POFQ/CSR
ashleyrm is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 04:06 PM   #1642
ashleyrm
DIS Veteran
 
ashleyrm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: newark, de usa
Posts: 878

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyrm View Post
Glad that I read this. Think it helped me decide not to pay extra for the Business Class for our upcoming trip in October.
Ugh - saw your follow up that they have Yuengling (my favorite beer!).

Can you get the coffee to go in the morning? That might help me decide as well. Aren't doing the dining plan so won't have refillable mugs which makes the coffee option seem very appealing.

And we would probably be more fruit/yogurt/cereal type people anyway...

Decisions, decisions...
__________________
March 1994 - Poly; 1995 - CBR; Nov 1997 - All Star Music; Dec 1998 - Beach Club; Aug 1999 - Dixie Landings; July 2002 - POR; Summer 2003 - ASMo; Nov 2004 - POR; April 2005 - OKW Jan 2009 - Port Orleans French Quarter; ; Feb 2009 - POR; Mar/Apr 2009 - BC; May 2009 - POFQ; Nov 2009 - Pop; Mar 2011 - All Star Movies; Apr 2012 - POR; Aug 2012 - ASMu; Dec 2012 - CSR; Feb 2013 - ASSports; May 2013- POFQ; Oct 2013 -CSR; Dec 2013 - ASSports; Feb '14 - AKL; Apr '14 - POP; May '14 - SSR treehouse; Jul 14 - CSR; Oct '14 POFQ/CSR
ashleyrm is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 04:26 PM   #1643
trishadono
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 2,095

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
Hi CSR gang! I'm back! I just changed 2 nts of our 6-nt trip next week to Business Class. I'm so excited! DH can't stay the whole time with us, and the Deluxe CL BWI room was $500+/nt......so I "downgraded" to CSR Business Class to save $300 a night when its just the kids & I - and I can't wait! We stayed at CSR in December (also back in 1999) and it's such a beautiful resort. I can't wait to try Business Class, and I'm super excited to be in 9B. In December we were back in Ranchos & it seemed a million miles away from everything.

Anyone else going to be there 8/12-14?
Dd18 and I stayed in Business class for 2 nights before transferring to poly in April. We both enjoyed it

Dd's BFF wanted to go before college so I am taking girls 8/13-8/16. However dd thought her friend would like the beaches at CBR better so this time we will be there. (Originally they were going to POP but I got a good passholder rate for CBR.)

It is her friends first plane ride,first disney resort but was at MK in '08 with friends of family. She has always wanted to go so I am taking them to help with funds(they using summer job money)

Wish I was going back to CSR (my fav) but really I enjoy all the mods

Have a sangria for me!
trishadono is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 07:38 PM   #1644
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!
 
TaraPA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Posts: 16,156

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
Dd18 and I stayed in Business class for 2 nights before transferring to poly in April. We both enjoyed it

Dd's BFF wanted to go before college so I am taking girls 8/13-8/16. However dd thought her friend would like the beaches at CBR better so this time we will be there. (Originally they were going to POP but I got a good passholder rate for CBR.)

It is her friends first plane ride,first disney resort but was at MK in '08 with friends of family. She has always wanted to go so I am taking them to help with funds(they using summer job money)

Wish I was going back to CSR (my fav) but really I enjoy all the mods

Have a sangria for me!
Sounds like a fun trip you have coming up. I had booked the last 2 nights at CBR - preferred was only $177/nt! But I've always been curious about CSR Business Class, so when that opened up for $202/nt I grabbed it. Let me know how you like CBR - it gets a lot of negative reviews but I would love to try it. Next time.....
__________________




AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
TaraPA is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 08:03 PM   #1645
trishadono
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 2,095

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
Sounds like a fun trip you have coming up. I had booked the last 2 nights at CBR - preferred was only $177/nt! But I've always been curious about CSR Business Class, so when that opened up for $202/nt I grabbed it. Let me know how you like CBR - it gets a lot of negative reviews but I would love to try it. Next time.....
dh and ds let us girls go alone so ... we go! Last year we did CBR but booked king room and was nice that way. I probably like CBR 2nd. Just with all 4 of us we need a deluxe because ds and dd dont sleep together. CBR is really pretty, you feel like you are on a island.

I LOVED the business class. The walk to bus was so short! Easy to get to lobby, pool site etc. The location was great. I have stayed at CL in CR, Poly and GF and although this isn't as plentiful, the quality of what was offered was 1st class. DD and I really enjoyed it and will go back.

You will have a great trip, enjoy! The cm's in lounge were nice. They make the sangrias and bring out to you. If want to leave lounge they will put beer/wine in plastic for you. I also needed a fork to eat the fruit out of the sangria because there was so much in there!

Oh I am not to far from you/ Near Binghamton,NY
trishadono is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 08:19 PM   #1646
vikster1
DIS Veteran
 
vikster1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: jersey shore
Posts: 534

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyrm View Post
Ugh - saw your follow up that they have Yuengling (my favorite beer!).

Can you get the coffee to go in the morning? That might help me decide as well. Aren't doing the dining plan so won't have refillable mugs which makes the coffee option seem very appealing.

And we would probably be more fruit/yogurt/cereal type people anyway...

Decisions, decisions...
yes, you can get coffee to go. I had a sangria to go. They also gave dh some beers to go back to the room with.
vikster1 is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 09:18 PM   #1647
hill6
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Central Jersey
Posts: 1,627

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindap1 View Post
OMG! Why do I keep doing this to myself I keep second guessing which building to request. As of right now we have Casitas 4 waterview, BUT Casitas 3 courtyard looks amazing. The main reason I picked 4 is because of the bus stop. I wonder how quiet the pool area will be and if there are little tables and chairs where we can sit at outside our room

The quiet pool was just that... Quiet. We took a walk to main pool and said we were so glad our room not by there. Very loud and crowded. We just kept walking back to the quiet pool.

There are some tables by there to sit out at and also some chairs to lay in.

Bus stop #2 is right by building 4. Less than two minute walk.
__________________
My Name is Debbie and I am a Certified Disneyaholic
First Trip Age 8.
20+ trips since.


The Dark Side May 8-10.

Villas at Wilderness Lodge May 10-14
Bay Lake Tower May 14-15. Hoping for last night at Wilderness Lodge
hill6 is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 11:03 PM   #1648
saskdw
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,298

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
dh and ds let us girls go alone so ... we go! Last year we did CBR but booked king room and was nice that way. I probably like CBR 2nd. Just with all 4 of us we need a deluxe because ds and dd dont sleep together. CBR is really pretty, you feel like you are on a island.

I LOVED the business class. The walk to bus was so short! Easy to get to lobby, pool site etc. The location was great. I have stayed at CL in CR, Poly and GF and although this isn't as plentiful, the quality of what was offered was 1st class. DD and I really enjoyed it and will go back.

You will have a great trip, enjoy! The cm's in lounge were nice. They make the sangrias and bring out to you. If want to leave lounge they will put beer/wine in plastic for you. I also needed a fork to eat the fruit out of the sangria because there was so much in there!

Oh I am not to far from you/ Near Binghamton,NY
I don't get why they put the beer in a plastic cup. You can buy a can of beer at Panchitos and walk around the resort with it, not sure what the difference is if the beer came from the BC lounge. I bought six packs at Panchitos and drank them buy the quiet pool at Casitas 4 many nights last time at CSR.
saskdw is offline  
Old 07-30-2013, 10:32 AM   #1649
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!
 
TaraPA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Posts: 16,156

Are there bathrooms at the quiet pools that we could use to change before our flight? We don't have ME until 4:30pm & will need to change after being in the parks all day. Are there showers anywhere at the main pool?
__________________




AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
TaraPA is offline  
Old 07-30-2013, 10:49 AM   #1650
trishadono
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 2,095

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
I don't get why they put the beer in a plastic cup. You can buy a can of beer at Panchitos and walk around the resort with it, not sure what the difference is if the beer came from the BC lounge. I bought six packs at Panchitos and drank them buy the quiet pool at Casitas 4 many nights last time at CSR.
The beer in the lounge is in glass bottles. Also they serve drinks in glass while in lounge. It wasn't a problem to walk around with alcohol just not in glass.
trishadono is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: