Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 08:27 AM   #151
momma2kiddos
Mouseketeer

I am getting so excited to be returning to our favorite resort in March! The kids are over the moon since pricing for AOA was just a little out of our price range. Need to read up to find out about the newest additions to CSR (preferred rooms, buffet style PM?, etc). All in all, we can't wait!

CSR March 2009
CSR May 2011
CSR March 2013
Old 12-13-2012, 08:31 AM   #152
tmbowers
Mouseketeer

We check into CSR on Saturday! I'm so excited. My dd's know they have a surprise awaiting them on Saturday but they have no idea it's Disney! I'm not sure I am going to be able to sleep the next two days because I am so excited.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-13-2012, 09:37 AM   #153
pas130
DIS Veteran

Hi All!! Hi Kathy I'm DISNEY obsessing again..thinking of a quick trip DH and I next month and on the AP site the only room class at CSR is Business Class. Anyone heard of this..sounds kinda like Club level, but I am not sure..We've never stayed CSR, I'm MODphobic since staying at CBR for cheer week...I am a chicken I know

Aug 14 TR: Go with the flow dudeJungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 12-13-2012, 10:22 AM   #154
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130
Hi All!! Hi Kathy I'm DISNEY obsessing again..thinking of a quick trip DH and I next month and on the AP site the only room class at CSR is Business Class. Anyone heard of this..sounds kinda like Club level, but I am not sure..We've never stayed CSR, I'm MODphobic since staying at CBR for cheer week...I am a chicken I know
I've booked this room for feb! It sounds like club level light. Specific room location with access to a lounge. My TA said just like CL (hot appetizers in evening) but reports on this thread said that's not the case. It's new- not open for booking until January visits. The appeal to me was confirmed building in cabanas and some free drinks.

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
Old 12-13-2012, 10:58 AM   #155
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2

I've booked this room for feb! It sounds like club level light. Specific room location with access to a lounge. My TA said just like CL (hot appetizers in evening) but reports on this thread said that's not the case. It's new- not open for booking until January visits. The appeal to me was confirmed building in cabanas and some free drinks.
Are kids allowed I wonder..since its business class..not so much this trip..yet planning ahead. I totally agree about the confirmed location

Old 12-13-2012, 12:49 PM   #156
longhorns2
DIS Veteran

Yes, kids are allowed. I think the idea behind this is to open it to GP when conferences haven't already booked it. They have Wii or Xbox or something so kids are welcome!

Mother runner blogger who loves Disney & family. Working on leading My No-Guilt Life- letting go of the guilt and finding other things to hold on to.

Join me in my DietBet starting July 14!

My No-Guilt Life
Old 12-13-2012, 12:50 PM   #157
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2
Yes, kids are allowed. I think the idea behind this is to open it to GP when conferences haven't already booked it. They have Wii or Xbox or something so kids are welcome!
Cool!! Thanks!

Old 12-13-2012, 09:09 PM   #158
ashleyrm
DIS Veteran

Checking in on Sunday with my DS (27). Really looking forward to trying a new resort! Will try to post some pics and reviews when we there or soon after we get back.
March 1994 - Poly; 1995 - CBR; Nov 1997 - All Star Music; Dec 1998 - Beach Club; Aug 1999 - Dixie Landings; July 2002 - POR; Summer 2003 - ASMo; Nov 2004 - POR; April 2005 - OKW Jan 2009 - Port Orleans French Quarter; ; Feb 2009 - POR; Mar/Apr 2009 - BC; May 2009 - POFQ; Nov 2009 - Pop; Mar 2011 - All Star Movies; Apr 2012 - POR; Aug 2012 - ASMu; Dec 2012 - CSR; Feb 2013 - ASSports; May 2013- POFQ; Oct 2013 -CSR; Dec 2013 - ASSports; Feb '14 - AKL; Apr '14 - POP; May '14 - SSR treehouse
Old 12-13-2012, 09:24 PM   #159
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry I didn't post updates like I wanted from our trip last week...we just never stopped.

The video of the "reveal" to my husband cannot be posted here because he said a naughty word in it.

But here is the second part of the surprise when our best friends showed up at the resort (Nicki is MickeyNicki here on the DIS and writes awesome dining reviews).

Old 12-14-2012, 08:11 AM   #160
pas130
DIS Veteran

Kathy~I don't think I posted a reply on your other thread..but this made my eyes water

Old 12-14-2012, 08:49 AM   #161
2girlsR2good
Mouseketeer

Hi all, I did a reconnaissance trip to CSR earlier this month. I actually spoke to a room assigner in person and cleared up my earlier confusion about preferred rooms and thought I'd share it here.

The information on DIS (from the first page of this thread:
Preferred rooms are located in Casitas 1, 2 and 3 (all near El Centro--registration, food, lounge and gift shop).

is better than the info I got from TWO different CMs when I called. Preferred gets you closer to the convention stuff, not the pool. Yet that is specifically what the CMs on reservation told me.

On another note, after visiting, I changed our reservation to POFQ. CSR is HUGE and my parents are in their 70's--my stepfather has mobility issues and will not accept a cane/ECV/wheelchair and I just couldn't see him negotiating the resort if we were assigned somewhere remote. He's already planning on doing minimal park time. One of our goals is family gathering in the pool and I could see him just staying in his room if we all wanted a swim in the dig and were far away.

That being said--it looks really neat and I hope we do stay at CSR in the future. When we were there, it was the beginning of Pop Warner and I have to say it was already looking awful--huge clumps of girls in matching outfits squealing/running/shouting/jumping around. I have a high tolerance for kids being kids (life-long educator) but on vacation. . . PW would not be a good thing in my resort.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:54 AM   #162
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2girlsR2good View Post
Hi all, I did a reconnaissance trip to CSR earlier this month. I actually spoke to a room assigner in person and cleared up my earlier confusion about preferred rooms and thought I'd share it here.

Preferred rooms are located in Casitas 1, 2 and 3 (all near El Centro--registration, food, lounge and gift shop).

is better than the info I got from TWO different CMs when I called. Preferred gets you closer to the convention stuff, not the pool. Yet that is specifically what the CMs on reservation told me.

On another note, after visiting, I changed our reservation to POFQ. CSR is HUGE and my parents are in their 70's--my stepfather has mobility issues and will not accept a cane/ECV/wheelchair and I just couldn't see him negotiating the resort if we were assigned somewhere remote. He's already planning on doing minimal park time. One of our goals is family gathering in the pool and I could see him just staying in his room if we all wanted a swim in the dig and were far away.

That being said--it looks really neat and I hope we do stay at CSR in the future. When we were there, it was the beginning of Pop Warner and I have to say it was already looking awful--huge clumps of girls in matching outfits squealing/running/shouting/jumping around. I have a high tolerance for kids being kids (life-long educator) but on vacation. . . PW would not be a good thing in my resort.

It continues to amaze me how UNINFORMED the CM's are about the resorts.

I think you made a good decision with your stepdad's mobility issues. CSR will always be there. And I was there for Pop Warner--brutal.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:57 AM   #163
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2girlsR2good View Post

You made an excellent choice. I was there all week during Pop Warner. My ears are still ringing.

Thanks to Tim and Kathy for re-assuring me that it wouldn't be that bad.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:06 AM   #164
ADisneyQueen
DIS Veteran

Yes, I have found that the CMs taking resort reservations know little about the resorts and many have not even been there. I had to argue with a CM one time b/c she insisted that POP had no lake and therefore I could not request a lakeview.
Christmas 2009-CBR and RI Seaworld,June 2012-POP
Aug 2013- CSR and AOA
Old 12-14-2012, 02:44 PM   #165
hogwartsdropout
You can't run away from trouble...ain't no place that far..

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns2 View Post
I've also booked that room for February. I'm so excited! I've only stayed at CL at WL, not sure how this will compare but I can't wait. I've only ever stayed at Coronado for one night before in 2008, so this resort is really new to me. We'll be there for 6 nights.
2000, 2003, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside
2009 - Saratoga Springs
2008-2009 UK World Showcase CM (stayed at WL, POR, GF, CR, ASSp, ASMo, CS, CB, YC, Pop)
2011 - ASSp and WL
2012 - ASSp and AKL
2014 - ASSp
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: