Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-26-2013, 03:21 PM   #1621
AwayWeGo
Earning My Ears
 
AwayWeGo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
Cabanas 9B is the Business Class rooms, you won't get a room there without paying for it.
Oh, thanks for letting me know. Maybe 9a then? The business class rooms were booked for our week...or they weren't included on FD PIN.
__________________
AwayWeGo is offline  
Old 07-26-2013, 04:08 PM   #1622
saskdw
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,944

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwayWeGo View Post
Oh, thanks for letting me know. Maybe 9a then? The business class rooms were booked for our week...or they weren't included on FD PIN.
Yes, 9A would be the next best thing.
saskdw is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-26-2013, 04:08 PM   #1623
trishadono
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 1,575

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwayWeGo View Post
Oh, thanks for letting me know. Maybe 9a then? The business class rooms were booked for our week...or they weren't included on FD PIN.
Yes that would work nicely for you
trishadono is offline  
Old 07-26-2013, 04:17 PM   #1624
Born 2B a Princess
DIS Veteran
 
Born 2B a Princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 804

Just booked business class...I'm hoping the extra charge is worth it. It will be nice to have access to the lounge for breakfast (we're not big breakfast people, so what they have will be just fine for us) and light snacks in the evening. It will be a surprise for my parents. It looks like 9B is a pretty good location, although I'm not crazy about being the last bus stop. But we're going during a (supposedly) low crowd week (crowd calendar is 1, 2 and 3) so hopefully it won't be too bad.
__________________
DH Me DD A (18) DD B (14)

July 2009 TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2249276
Disneyland, 1983, 1985, Grad Night '89
POP, July '07 / CBR, July '09 / ASMo, October '09
Offsite, November '10
DTD hotels, April '11
ASSp, Oct '11 / POP, Dec '11
CS, Sept '13
Born 2B a Princess is offline  
Old 07-26-2013, 08:57 PM   #1625
hill6
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Central Jersey
Posts: 1,517

We got here yesterday. Landed at 8:30 am. Took Magical Express Express and was at resort by 10. Our king preferred room was ready. We are in building 2 and there is an elevator here.. Also towels at the quiet pool by our room (by health club).

I had called and requested a refrigerator. The guy called whoever when we checked in and the guy on the other end of the phone must have said something to him because he said they requested one. It was in our room 15 minutes after we arrived.
__________________
My Name is Debbie and I am a Certified Disneyaholic
First Trip Age 8.
20+ trips since.


Saratoga Springs Nov 8-13 our First DVC trip
hill6 is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 08:58 AM   #1626
lindap1
DIS Veteran
 
lindap1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: ohio
Posts: 745

OMG! Why do I keep doing this to myself I keep second guessing which building to request. As of right now we have Casitas 4 waterview, BUT Casitas 3 courtyard looks amazing. The main reason I picked 4 is because of the bus stop. I wonder how quiet the pool area will be and if there are little tables and chairs where we can sit at outside our room
__________________
POR in September 2014
lindap1 is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 09:05 AM   #1627
spiritsim
DIS Veteran
 
spiritsim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: ohio
Posts: 856

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindap1 View Post
OMG! Why do I keep doing this to myself I keep second guessing which building to request. As of right now we have Casitas 4 waterview, BUT Casitas 3 courtyard looks amazing. The main reason I picked 4 is because of the bus stop. I wonder how quiet the pool area will be and if there are little tables and chairs where we can sit at outside our room
I have heard the casitas quiet pool is rather deep. If you have small kid's keep this in mind. Hope you enjoy your vacation wish I was there right now.....
__________________
2014 Trip Myself,Trish with DH Frank, DD Raina, her DH Greg, DGD Audrey, and DGD Evalyn


WDW Commando Member #241
First time in the world! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3134097
spiritsim is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 10:20 AM   #1628
Born 2B a Princess
DIS Veteran
 
Born 2B a Princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 804

Second guessing myself...I went ahead and changed our reservation to business class, but it ended up being an extra $182 for five nights. Now I'm wondering if that's really worth it. We usually eat breakfast in the room, so it will be nice to have access to the continental breakfast, but I don't know that we'll really be around much in the evening to enjoy the evening snacks. Wondering if it's worth the money? I hate second-guessing myself....

We are trying to keep this trip as inexpensive as possible for several different reasons, so I'm wondering if it's worth $182 when I could use that money on other things during our trip....
__________________
DH Me DD A (18) DD B (14)

July 2009 TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2249276
Disneyland, 1983, 1985, Grad Night '89
POP, July '07 / CBR, July '09 / ASMo, October '09
Offsite, November '10
DTD hotels, April '11
ASSp, Oct '11 / POP, Dec '11
CS, Sept '13
Born 2B a Princess is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 11:00 AM   #1629
saskdw
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,944

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindap1 View Post
OMG! Why do I keep doing this to myself I keep second guessing which building to request. As of right now we have Casitas 4 waterview, BUT Casitas 3 courtyard looks amazing. The main reason I picked 4 is because of the bus stop. I wonder how quiet the pool area will be and if there are little tables and chairs where we can sit at outside our room
IMO Casitas 4 is the best location at CSR, especially if you don't care about being close to the Dig Site main pool. It has the largest quiet pool which is nice. It is deeper though if you are worried about small kids. From a relaxation stand point Casitas 4 can't be beat. There are chairs and tables everywhere to relax. Not only right around the pool, but there is a large area between Casitas 4 and Casitas 3 by the pool that is full of chairs as well. Last trip I spent many nights relaxing with a beer in that area. The nice thing is because it is at the opposite end from the Dig Site nobody comes over there that isn't staying in Casitas 3-5. It was always peacful place to relax and you can't beat busstop 2 for transportation.
saskdw is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 11:15 AM   #1630
saskdw
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,944

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2B a Princess View Post
Second guessing myself...I went ahead and changed our reservation to business class, but it ended up being an extra $182 for five nights. Now I'm wondering if that's really worth it. We usually eat breakfast in the room, so it will be nice to have access to the continental breakfast, but I don't know that we'll really be around much in the evening to enjoy the evening snacks. Wondering if it's worth the money? I hate second-guessing myself....

We are trying to keep this trip as inexpensive as possible for several different reasons, so I'm wondering if it's worth $182 when I could use that money on other things during our trip....
Although I love Casitas 4 most people consider Cabanas 9B the best location at CSR. I belong to another message board that is full of CSR regulars and most of them would pay the extra just to be guaranteed the 9B location. The Busniness Class lounge is just an extra perk to them. We are trying it out on our next trip in December, its kind of nice to know you are guaranteed a room in 9B which is 2 mins walk from everything important other than the Fitness Center.
saskdw is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 11:27 AM   #1631
Born 2B a Princess
DIS Veteran
 
Born 2B a Princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 804

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
Although I love Casitas 4 most people consider Cabanas 9B the best location at CSR. I belong to another message board that is full of CSR regulars and most of them would pay the extra just to be guaranteed the 9B location. The Busniness Class lounge is just an extra perk to them. We are trying it out on our next trip in December, its kind of nice to know you are guaranteed a room in 9B which is 2 mins walk from everything important other than the Fitness Center.
That is a good point....Thanks!
__________________
DH Me DD A (18) DD B (14)

July 2009 TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2249276
Disneyland, 1983, 1985, Grad Night '89
POP, July '07 / CBR, July '09 / ASMo, October '09
Offsite, November '10
DTD hotels, April '11
ASSp, Oct '11 / POP, Dec '11
CS, Sept '13
Born 2B a Princess is offline  
Old 07-27-2013, 01:12 PM   #1632
Snowy-girls
Did you speak to a 'human being'?
As you can see, all I have is a load of gobble-de-gook writing
 
Snowy-girls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: London,Uk
Posts: 9,152

Quote:
Originally Posted by hill6 View Post
We got here yesterday. Landed at 8:30 am. Took Magical Express Express and was at resort by 10. Our king preferred room was ready. We are in building 2 and there is an elevator here.. Also towels at the quiet pool by our room (by health club).

I had called and requested a refrigerator. The guy called whoever when we checked in and the guy on the other end of the phone must have said something to him because he said they requested one. It was in our room 15 minutes after we arrived.
Did you request a fridge for medical reasons?.x.
__________________

Sweet Kitty Dreams La-La,Smudge,Sam+Max.Together Again.11:3:94-20:5:08.x.x.29:4:93-17:3:09.x.x.29:4:93-21:7:10.x.x.11:3:94-2:3:12.x.x.

NOV90Sheraton Anaheim CaliforniaSEP93Quality Inn I-DriveSEP95Holiday Inn I-DriveSEP97Castle Inn+Suites AnaheimSEP98-Best Western AnaheimAUG03Quality Inn I-DriveApr/May04Holiday Inn I-DriveApr09Embassy Suites I-Drive SouthApr11Quality Inn Plaza+Pop.Aug13Rosen Inn Pointe,HRH,CSR+AKL With Free QSDP.AUG15Rosen Inn Pointe,HRH,RPR+21 nights at OKW With Free DDP.
Snowy-girls is offline  
Old 07-28-2013, 06:34 AM   #1633
Greenfield1984
DIS Veteran
 
Greenfield1984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 731

Hi, I am planning on getting our groceries before we check in, and plan on checking in around 10am. I know our room probably won't be ready yet so I was wondering if I'm able to leave our items that need refrigeration with luggage services? do they have a fridge?

Thanks!
__________________
October 2013: CSR with DD6, DD2, DD1, DMIL and DFIL!
November 2012: AoA with DD5, DD1 and DD2months!
October 2011: ASMo with DD4 and DD7months
October 2009: POP with DD2
February 2009: AKL with DD 18mos
April 2007: ASMo HONEYMOON!
December 2005: Off site - Big Family Vacation
August 2000
Summer 1991
Fav rides:Carousel of Progress, Figment, Tower of Terror, Timekeeper (RIP), Nemo Musical
Fav Park: EPCOT
Greenfield1984 is offline  
Old 07-28-2013, 11:40 AM   #1634
saskdw
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,944

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenfield1984 View Post
Hi, I am planning on getting our groceries before we check in, and plan on checking in around 10am. I know our room probably won't be ready yet so I was wondering if I'm able to leave our items that need refrigeration with luggage services? do they have a fridge?

Thanks!
Yes
saskdw is offline  
Old 07-28-2013, 04:28 PM   #1635
spiritsim
DIS Veteran
 
spiritsim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: ohio
Posts: 856

cool

cool I was wondering about that also my DH takes insulin and it has to be kept refrigerated............thanks
__________________
2014 Trip Myself,Trish with DH Frank, DD Raina, her DH Greg, DGD Audrey, and DGD Evalyn


WDW Commando Member #241
First time in the world! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3134097
spiritsim is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: