Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 02:45 AM   #1606
Sundancer UK
DIS Veteran

OK so we're booked but haven't made a room request beyond needing connecting.
My kids LOVE the DDP mugs and want to make the most of refills - as we're in the parks early (normally rope drop) I'm thinking the Dig Site refill is no good as its open late? Also because its a special great for my children to serve themselves!

So this leaves the main food court right?
Is there a way I get try to get rooms close (as in 5 minutes walk max) to the food court, without paying a load extra?

Thanks in advance

I've decided I'm not a Disney fan as everyone thinks I am - No, I'm a Disney Geek!

I have a blog. I've posted a little. If people look I might be prompted to do more...

http://aurorasjoy.blogspot.co.uk/
Old 07-25-2013, 08:37 AM   #1607
trplnr
Mouseketeer

Newbie question?

We've never stayed at CSR before. We are going in October, 2 adults, 2 kids (6,9). Any recs on where to stay? We'd like to be close to a bus stop, a place to refill mugs and grab a quick breakfast and not too far from Dig Site for the kids. Probably wont be eating there for a real meal just maybe a breakfast occasionally.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-25-2013, 10:53 AM   #1608
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer UK View Post
OK so we're booked but haven't made a room request beyond needing connecting.
My kids LOVE the DDP mugs and want to make the most of refills - as we're in the parks early (normally rope drop) I'm thinking the Dig Site refill is no good as its open late? Also because its a special great for my children to serve themselves!

So this leaves the main food court right?
Is there a way I get try to get rooms close (as in 5 minutes walk max) to the food court, without paying a load extra?

Thanks in advance
The closest buildings without paying extra are Casitas 4 and Cabanas 9A. Both are 3-5 min walk, just in opposite directions. Cabanas 9A is close to the Dig Site main pool as well, Casitas 4 has the Fitness Center, Spa, Salon, Sauna and is close to bus stop 2 which is the first pick-up. Both buildings have quiet pools.
Old 07-25-2013, 12:30 PM   #1609
Sundancer UK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post

The closest buildings without paying extra are Casitas 4 and Cabanas 9A. Both are 3-5 min walk, just in opposite directions. Cabanas 9A is close to the Dig Site main pool as well, Casitas 4 has the Fitness Center, Spa, Salon, Sauna and is close to bus stop 2 which is the first pick-up. Both buildings have quiet pools.

Thanks for this I meant to say before that the pools aren't too important to be close to compared with refills so that's fab.

Please be patient with me - I'm new to this! At what point and how would I make these requests? Also, should I ask for those buildings specifically, or just ask to be near the food court?

Thanks again for your help!

I've decided I'm not a Disney fan as everyone thinks I am - No, I'm a Disney Geek!

I have a blog. I've posted a little. If people look I might be prompted to do more...

http://aurorasjoy.blogspot.co.uk/
Old 07-25-2013, 01:08 PM   #1610
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer UK View Post
Thanks for this I meant to say before that the pools aren't too important to be close to compared with refills so that's fab.

Please be patient with me - I'm new to this! At what point and how would I make these requests? Also, should I ask for those buildings specifically, or just ask to be near the food court?

Thanks again for your help!
Anytime after you have made your reservation you can call and have a request noted on your reservation. I would request the specific building. If you don't care about the main pool than Casitas 4 is the best location at CSR.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:58 PM   #1611
Born 2B a Princess
DIS Veteran

Club Level/Club Lite?

Can anyone explain what Club Level/Club Lite is at CS?

July 2009 TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2249276
Disneyland, 1983, 1985, Grad Night '89
POP, July '07 / CBR, July '09 / ASMo, October '09
Offsite, November '10
DTD hotels, April '11
ASSp, Oct '11 / POP, Dec '11
CS, Sept '13
Old 07-25-2013, 07:22 PM   #1612
spiritsim
DIS Veteran

business class

Beginning January 2013, business class rooms may be booked at CSR:
Coconino Cove the new Business Lounge at Disney Coronado Springs Resort will provide a variety of exclusive amenities and upgraded services to our Guests.

Located in the Cabanas, building 9B, Coconino Cove is a semi-exclusive gathering place for networking, relaxing, working or playing.
Guests with Coconino Cove access will enjoy upgraded, semi-exclusive services and amenities, including:
Use of in-lounge iMac and PC stations, computer gaming consoles and flat screen televisions
Electronic device charging stations & boarding pass printing
Areas suitable for small groups to gather and meet in a relaxed setting
Assistance with dining reservations, ticket information and other special requests
Food & beverage offerings throughout the day
Conveniently, all Guests with Coconino Cove access will be located in building 9B during their stay. Guest rooms will be close together near the lobby and convention center.

Coconino Cove is open 7- 10 am and 5-10 pm, 7 days a week

WDW Commando Member #241
First time in the world! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3134097
Old 07-25-2013, 09:34 PM   #1613
dawgsgirl
DIS Veteran

Are there connecting rooms? How many, or few, of them??
Old 07-25-2013, 09:55 PM   #1614
lindap1
DIS Veteran

Finally made my final room request. Kept going back and forth between Cabanas and Casitas and finally decided on Casitas 4 waterview
I read that it's only a 5 -7 minute walk to dig site and El Centro and that is fine. I chose this location mainly for the bus stop being so close and the first Park pickup. Quiet pool looks awesome also. I also about got our evenings planned out. It's all coming together and I do believe I have 108 days left
Old 07-25-2013, 11:12 PM   #1615
spiritsim
DIS Veteran

not sure

I was told on here that they do have connecting rooms in business class, but my TA said they do not. So I am confused about that and asked for ajoining rooms.

WDW Commando Member #241
Old 07-26-2013, 12:38 AM   #1616
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritsim View Post
I was told on here that they do have connecting rooms in business class, but my TA said they do not. So I am confused about that and asked for ajoining rooms.
http://allears.net/acc/resort-videos-moderate.htm

Watch room video of CSR. You can tell this is a video of a BC room because there are robes in the closet and there is upper dark wood molding. These are features of the business class rooms.

You can clearly see a picture of the connecting door. I also posted previously I had a connecting door for our room ending in 25 (king room).

Old 07-26-2013, 08:50 AM   #1617
AwayWeGo
Earning My Ears

I put in a room request for our trip. We booked a water view room. I would have went standard, but they were booked up for our week. I requested Cabanas 9b, corner room water view if it can be done. I also requested a microwave. Now to sit back and keep my fingers crossed.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:50 AM   #1618
Born 2B a Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritsim View Post
Beginning January 2013, business class rooms may be booked at CSR:
Coconino Cove the new Business Lounge at Disney Coronado Springs Resort will provide a variety of exclusive amenities and upgraded services to our Guests.

Located in the Cabanas, building 9B, Coconino Cove is a semi-exclusive gathering place for networking, relaxing, working or playing.
Guests with Coconino Cove access will enjoy upgraded, semi-exclusive services and amenities, including:
Use of in-lounge iMac and PC stations, computer gaming consoles and flat screen televisions
Electronic device charging stations & boarding pass printing
Areas suitable for small groups to gather and meet in a relaxed setting
Assistance with dining reservations, ticket information and other special requests
Food & beverage offerings throughout the day
Conveniently, all Guests with Coconino Cove access will be located in building 9B during their stay. Guest rooms will be close together near the lobby and convention center.

Coconino Cove is open 7- 10 am and 5-10 pm, 7 days a week
This is very helpful -- thanks so much!

July 2009 TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2249276
Disneyland, 1983, 1985, Grad Night '89
POP, July '07 / CBR, July '09 / ASMo, October '09
Offsite, November '10
DTD hotels, April '11
ASSp, Oct '11 / POP, Dec '11
CS, Sept '13
Old 07-26-2013, 11:51 AM   #1619
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwayWeGo View Post
I put in a room request for our trip. We booked a water view room. I would have went standard, but they were booked up for our week. I requested Cabanas 9b, corner room water view if it can be done. I also requested a microwave. Now to sit back and keep my fingers crossed.
Cabanas 9B is the Business Class rooms, you won't get a room there without paying for it.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:26 PM   #1620
spiritsim
DIS Veteran

I believe you

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
http://allears.net/acc/resort-videos-moderate.htm

Watch room video of CSR. You can tell this is a video of a BC room because there are robes in the closet and there is upper dark wood molding. These are features of the business class rooms.

You can clearly see a picture of the connecting door. I also posted previously I had a connecting door for our room ending in 25 (king room).

Really I believe you but my TA called to have it put on my reservation and was told they don't have connecting rooms in business class.So when my real TA gets back from vacation on the 30th I will have her check into it.

WDW Commando Member #241
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: