Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 02:21 PM   #1591
bennifer
Mouseketeer

So I know that you can see the higher fireworks from Illuminations at certain spots at the CSR because I've seen them. Is there any place that you can see the 4th of July fireworks from Hollywood Studios at the resort? TIA!
Old 07-22-2013, 02:36 PM   #1592
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennifer View Post
So I know that you can see the higher fireworks from Illuminations at certain spots at the CSR because I've seen them. Is there any place that you can see the 4th of July fireworks from Hollywood Studios at the resort? TIA!
If you go up to the 4th floor of the right Casitas building you will see the high ones. We were in Casitas 4 last time and from outside our room you could see the Epcot fireworks and if you walked around to the other side you could see Wishes. To see DHS you just need to be on the 4th floor of which ever building is facing that way.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2013, 03:10 PM   #1593
bennifer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
If you go up to the 4th floor of the right Casitas building you will see the high ones. We were in Casitas 4 last time and from outside our room you could see the Epcot fireworks and if you walked around to the other side you could see Wishes. To see DHS you just need to be on the 4th floor of which ever building is facing that way.
Thank you! I didn't realize you could see Wishes, too.
Old 07-22-2013, 03:52 PM   #1594
jgperkin
DIS Veteran

How are the rooms holding up on their "freshness" feel since their last rehab in 2008. We stayed at Carribean Beach last summer and you could tell it needed to be refursbished...
Aug. 09, Off site: We got engaged! Swan: July '07,DD First trip! Riverside: April '08, Wilderness Lodge: May'09, Corn. Spring: Aug. '09, Polynesian: April '10, ASMovies & Carribean Beach: Aug.'10, Riverside: Feb. '11, Pop Century: April '11, Wilderness Lodge & Cruise on the DREAM & Kidani Village, Aug. '11 for 10 year anniversary, Pop Century, Sept. '11, Aug. '12 Family Trip: Carribean Beach, Mar./Apr. '13 Cruise on the Fantasy & AOA, Aug '13, French Qrt., Dec. '13 1st Xmas Trip Wilderness Lodge August 2014 Back to Wilderness Lodge! March 2015 art of animation august 2015 carribean beach resort and the disney dream!
Old 07-22-2013, 04:10 PM   #1595
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgperkin View Post
How are the rooms holding up on their "freshness" feel since their last rehab in 2008. We stayed at Carribean Beach last summer and you could tell it needed to be refursbished...
Our room was fine. There is 2000 rooms so I'm sure they are in varying condition, but I've never had a problem with our rooms there. I'll see you there in Dec!
Old 07-22-2013, 04:14 PM   #1596
bud14210
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasingAriel View Post
All booked for Coronado for presidents week! So excited it looks beautiful
You will love it been there 10 x over last 4 years it is awesome
Old 07-22-2013, 04:16 PM   #1597
bud14210
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassFamily View Post

Sorry, no answers, but we are in the same boat. We are booking CSR after a great tirp at POR. We just wanted to avoid having the same vacation and doing all the same stuff. Someone gave me this link that may help. I would check the resort website for the most current offerings. We are going for it, if we don't like it we may try to switch, but expecting good things as it is still Disney, and we don't spend a lot of time there.

I am not sure u can call resort and they can. Tell u everything u need at csr
Old 07-22-2013, 09:04 PM   #1598
hill6
DIS Veteran

Four hours of work left and about 60 hours till we are in Orlando.

Managed to score a dinner reservation tonight for Be Our Guest for Thursday. Can't believe it.

The Dark Side May 8-10.

Villas at Wilderness Lodge May 10-14
Bay Lake Tower May 14-15. Hoping for last night at Wilderness Lodge
Old 07-22-2013, 10:28 PM   #1599
tiffini_h
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom
CONVENTION SCHEDULE (updated 5/18/13)

I have listed anything I have been able to verify online. These meetings vary in size - some are local, while others are regional or national. If a convention falls during your dates, you might want to Google the name I have listed to find out more information. In some cases, CSR is the host hotel, but activities occur elsewhere.

December 1-9, Pop Warner (CSR is one of host hotels, along with CBR and the All Stars)
December 27-30, USA Gymnastics New Year's Invitational

January 6-9, Generac Dealer Conference
January 8-9, Pinch a Penny Show
January 16-19, Children's Pastors Conference
January 26-27, Florida HOSA SLC 2013 Competitive Event and State Officers Meetings
January 30-31, Leading Age Florida Board of Trustees Meeting

February 4-6, ACPA Professional Development
February 7-9, NABE Conference
February 9-14, SPIE Medical Imaging
February 14-17, Otterbein University Cardinal Migration
February 18-20, Training Magazine 2013 Conference and Expo
February 20-23, World Family Therapy Congress
February 22-23, Disneys Fit For a Princess Expo
February 27-28, Trinovus Compliance Knowledgeshare

March 6-9, Appliance Service Training Institute
March 8-9, Florida HOSA State Office Planning Meeting
March 9-13, International Dance championships - the Groove Experience
March 17-20, Spring World 2013 (Disaster Recovery Journal)

April 4-7, HOSA Leadership Conference
April 9-12, Ideas to Impact
April 14-17, AAPC 2013 National Conference
April 26, USASF Scholarship Interviews (CSR is not the host hotel for USASF Worlds)

May 15-17, CSCAA Convention
May 17-19, FACCM Annual Conference
May 18, Central Florida Urban League Youth Leadership Summit
May 19-23, Fusion el Carnaval (Financial Ops)
May 23-26, FSEA State Convention

June 10-14, DMGCME Summer 2013
June 10-15, NACDA Convention
June 11-12, YoCream Conference
June 17-20, Kickoff Institute
June 20-23, Cascade Hills Marriage Retreat
June 23-27, SUGA Training
June 27-29, Close To My Heart Convention
June 27-29, HOCA
June 30-July 3, Hollywood Vibe National Finals

July 5-6, US Open Karate
July 8-14, Children with Diabetes: Friends For Life Annual Conference
July 14-18, Leading Age Florida Conference and Exposition

August 30-September 1, Mustang at the Mickyard (CSR is host hotel)

September 3-6, Youth Leader Experience
September 8-12, CCSA Convention
September 27-29, Mickey and MINI 9

October 1-6, Travel Planners International
October 28-30, Home Based Travel Agents Forum

November 3-6, Learning 2013
November 12-15, SUSECon
November 20-22, IWLCA Annual Meeting

December 13-15, National Scholastic K-12 Chess Championship

January 24, Disney Bloggers Networking Conference
January 30-February 2, Carquest and Tech-Net Business Conference
April 3-6, HOSA Leadership Conference
April 6-10, Florida Water Resources Conference
April 24-26, FSNA Annual Conference

June 25-28, HOSA National Leadership Conference

September 19-22, Association of School Business Officials Annual Meeting

March 26-29, HOSA Leadership Conference

(Proposed) September 2-6, Orlando 2015 Worldcon

This is not a "FULL" list. This list consists from research on the web and information passed on from fellow CSR lovers. Please post any conventions/meetings that you find.
I will be staying at Coronado in August. I have been googling this information everywhere and only found it here on the boards. Does anyone know if there have been any changes to this list? I was just wondering how busy the resort would be during my stay.

Our first trip to WDW July 2008 All Star Movies Resort
My WDW Marriage Proposal at Cinderella's Castle July 2008
Our Honeymoon at WDW May 2009 The Contemporary Resort 11th Floor Castle View Room

Old 07-23-2013, 01:22 PM   #1600
Julie521
DIS Veteran

I'm baaaaack!!!

So glad to be back on the boards. DH and i just started talking about our next trip. Our last one was September of last year for our honeymoon at CSR. After talking about it, I think we are coming back!! We don't want to do a value and don't feel the need for a deluxe. After our amazing stay last time, we are coming back to Coronado!!!! I think we are going to go the same week as we did last year. The week of Labor Day. Crowds were so low and it was an amazing trip. Still a little hot, but it was fine! We did 6 nights last time and i think we want to expand a little and maybe do 9 nights/10days. Anything new going on? Going to go back and read this new thread from the beginning. Time to get to AAA and get a quote. Hoping for free dining offer again like we got last time!

Old 07-23-2013, 03:07 PM   #1601
Momoftwins+1
Mouseketeer

We just booked a 8 night stay in Business Class today My kids are looking forward to the pool/slide and as long as the lounge has something for me to grab and keep the kids quiet until we have a brunch or when their stomachs are rumbling just before bed I'll be happy! Does the lounge have flavored coffee/creamer/ latte machine or anything of the sort? Glad to hear they carry DH type of beer and my parents aren't picky on wine selection ( I don't drink any of it so not a biggie for me).

So the building with business class is close to where you would fill up your ddp mugs and the DIG pool? Would it be smarter to walk to Bus #2 stop instead of going to the one closest to the business class building to make sure we get on the first time to avoid seeing a full bus drive by and have the kids very unhappy (in May/June)?

This will be the first time we've been to this resort, I don't even recall seeing a sign for it in all our trips so we are excited for something different and somewhere my parents can relax a bit beyond the Disney mayhem (of traveling with three grandsons). We've stayed at POR, POFQ, CR, Shades and CBR...where in relation to these does their transportation relative ease rate, those who have gone multiple times to CSR?
Old 07-23-2013, 03:23 PM   #1602
Snowy-girls
Did you speak to a 'human being'?
As you can see, all I have is a load of gobble-de-gook writing

Quote:
Originally Posted by capegirl View Post
...and here I was thinking that Disney had actually opened up the lines of communication Well, you would certainly qualify as a medical priority for a fridge. Let's hope CSR will help us all out!
Nah,we're not that lucky .
Hopefully they can help us out .
I will try my best to report back with any information i find out whilst over there .x.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hill6 View Post
I would specify that you need a refrigerator for medical reasons.
I called 407-939-5277.
Thanks for the number,but they wouldn't help me,because i have booked with a travel agent i have to ring them and ask them to put a request in on my behalf,which i have now done .
I am still going to ring the number that's on post one a few days before we fly though,just in case.x.

Sweet Kitty Dreams La-La,Smudge,Sam+Max.Together Again.11:3:94-20:5:08.x.x.29:4:93-17:3:09.x.x.29:4:93-21:7:10.x.x.11:3:94-2:3:12.x.x.

NOV90Sheraton Anaheim CaliforniaSEP93Quality Inn I-DriveSEP95Holiday Inn I-DriveSEP97Castle Inn+Suites AnaheimSEP98-Best Western AnaheimAUG03Quality Inn I-DriveApr/May04Holiday Inn I-DriveApr09Embassy Suites I-Drive SouthApr11Quality Inn Plaza+Pop.Aug13Rosen Inn Pointe,HRH,CSR+AKL With Free QSDP.AUG15Rosen Inn Pointe,HRH,RPR+21 nights at OKW With Free DDP.
Old 07-23-2013, 03:23 PM   #1603
extremeplanner
Mouseketeer

9B vs preferred

This has probably been discussed, but I can't find it and I am still curious:

How often are the buses already full by the time they get to Bus Stop #1? ....since the pickup order is 2,3,4,1....

We are going the week of Christmas, and from what I've read the crowd will be terrible. I'm just wondering if it would be better to stay in preferred and use Bus stop #2 instead of Bus stop #1 to have a better chance of getting on the first time. thanks!!
Old 07-23-2013, 05:28 PM   #1604
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momoftwins+1 View Post
We just booked a 8 night stay in Business Class today My kids are looking forward to the pool/slide and as long as the lounge has something for me to grab and keep the kids quiet until we have a brunch or when their stomachs are rumbling just before bed I'll be happy! Does the lounge have flavored coffee/creamer/ latte machine or anything of the sort? Glad to hear they carry DH type of beer and my parents aren't picky on wine selection ( I don't drink any of it so not a biggie for me).

So the building with business class is close to where you would fill up your ddp mugs and the DIG pool? Would it be smarter to walk to Bus #2 stop instead of going to the one closest to the business class building to make sure we get on the first time to avoid seeing a full bus drive by and have the kids very unhappy (in May/June)?

This will be the first time we've been to this resort, I don't even recall seeing a sign for it in all our trips so we are excited for something different and somewhere my parents can relax a bit beyond the Disney mayhem (of traveling with three grandsons). We've stayed at POR, POFQ, CR, Shades and CBR...where in relation to these does their transportation relative ease rate, those who have gone multiple times to CSR?
Busstop 2 is a good 10 minute hike from 9B, you could go over to stop 4 which is alot closer. Christmas 2010 we stayed in Ranchos 7B and used stop 4 the whole trip with no issues and that is the busiest time of year.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:51 PM   #1605
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeplanner View Post
This has probably been discussed, but I can't find it and I am still curious:

How often are the buses already full by the time they get to Bus Stop #1? ....since the pickup order is 2,3,4,1....

We are going the week of Christmas, and from what I've read the crowd will be terrible. I'm just wondering if it would be better to stay in preferred and use Bus stop #2 instead of Bus stop #1 to have a better chance of getting on the first time. thanks!!
We have spent 4 of the last 5 Christmas in Orlando, most of it at WDW including 2 stays at CSR. I think the only time it will be an issue is trying to get to rope drop. We haven't really been rope drop people since our first trip. Catching the bus at 9am-10am instead of 8am there was never any issues. We are staying Business Class this December and plan on using stop 1 becasue it is so close. If it becomes an issue we will walk over to stop 4.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: