Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 09:03 PM   #1576
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyworldfamily View Post
Oh no! Sorry that you have to go without a fridge for your vacation did they give you an idea of when they would be replaced? Our trip is fast approaching...
It's not just CSR, all resorts are affected. There are a couple of lengthy threads on this.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:10 PM   #1577
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reynm7v0 View Post
Where is the actual lounge located, which of those rooms on the map is closest? Thanks!
The way the hallways jog around it was confusing. At first we walked from 25 towards 00/20 and elevators. We went down stairs and around building past first few groups. Then i think it was in 10/11 on first floor. Anybody else remember?

When we left lounge we followed building to end (57)then follwed path to bus stop one. The lounge faced main lake. Our side/ faced small lake on back.

I am directionally impaired so sorry if off by a little but that should be close.

Also the red triangles are where the staircases are.

**** remember to look at is as if you in a mirror. The image was reversed when downloaded***
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-20-2013, 09:56 PM   #1578
extremeplanner
Mouseketeer

Forgive me if this has been answered. I have been reading posts from this thread for a while now. In the original post it gives the order that the buses pick up. It also says something about DTD and exit buses. What does it mean by "exit buses"? Also, if you get on at stop #1 at El Centro and it is the last stop, is it likely to be full by the time it stops at #1? (assuming buses pick up in order of 2, 3, 4, then 1 as stated). Thanks a bunch!!
Old 07-21-2013, 05:54 AM   #1579
caralyn817
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyworldfamily View Post

Oh no! Sorry that you have to go without a fridge for your vacation did they give you an idea of when they would be replaced? Our trip is fast approaching...
They didn't say. It is resort wide. We did end up getting one late last night, but it wasn't guaranteed.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:35 AM   #1580
delilah18
DIS Veteran

What booking category will most likely get you the ranchos area standard or waterview?
Thanks
POR RR Oct/Nov 2013
Sheraton Vistana. October 2014

Old 07-21-2013, 01:46 PM   #1581
3kidsdad
Earning My Ears

Just got back from a weekend stay at CSR business class. There were several changes that have occured just since our last weekend getaway six weeks ago.

Cafe Rix. Menu has changed completely. No more pastrami sandwiches or pizza. Nothing is served with french fries any more. Only chips.

Business Class Lounge. No muffins for breakfast anymore, only dry little cinnamon roll things. They do still have bagels, fresh fruit, juice, milk etc. No more white sangria's (wife was really ticked over that one). The red just wasn't as good and had no fruit in it.

We did have a fridge in our room but it was not in the dresser. It was between the dresser and the desk just sitting on the floor. There was still a fridge in the dresser but had a big note on it saying to not plug it in and why though.

The changes aren't huge but, after 4 straight stays here I think we are gonna try some other mods.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:53 PM   #1582
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by delilah18 View Post
What booking category will most likely get you the ranchos area standard or waterview?
Thanks
We always just ask for standard and then just request the section we want. We aren't in our room long enough throughout our stay to really care about the view so we've never asked for anything specific.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:59 PM   #1583
delilah18
DIS Veteran

Yeah I don't really care about view either I just like the ranchos section becuase it"s close the main pool
Have you found they are good with honouring requests for what section you want to be in?
POR RR Oct/Nov 2013

Old 07-21-2013, 02:09 PM   #1584
delilah18
DIS Veteran

I see that two conventions will be there the time I'm thinking of going
Learning 2013 and home based travel agents
Has anyone had an experiance with these groups do they majorly impact the resort pool wise or should I be fine
POR RR Oct/Nov 2013

Old 07-21-2013, 03:01 PM   #1585
auprincess
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but if I book a standard business class room, then do we get access to Conconino Cove? I see that they are all in 9b - is that close to the main building and/or Dig Site?

Okay, never mind - I believe I found d my answer
April 2012 Polynesion
Old 07-21-2013, 07:46 PM   #1586
spiritsim
DIS Veteran

pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0kismet0o View Post
Hi everyone! I was wondering where the hammocks are located in the resort?
In the pic I have seen they are by the lake.....Hope that helps

WDW Commando Member #241
First time in the world! But not our last! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3359150

Last edited by spiritsim; 07-21-2013 at 07:53 PM.
Old 07-21-2013, 07:51 PM   #1587
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritsim View Post
In the pic I have seen they are by the lake.....Hope that helps
The bulk of them are in the sandy area surrounding the lagoon in the Cabanas area. There are a couple in the Casitas area, but most in Cabanas.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:26 PM   #1588
jenTMV
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kidsdad View Post
Just got back from a weekend stay at CSR business class. There were several changes that have occured just since our last weekend getaway six weeks ago.

Cafe Rix. Menu has changed completely. No more pastrami sandwiches or pizza. Nothing is served with french fries any more. Only chips.

Business Class Lounge. No muffins for breakfast anymore, only dry little cinnamon roll things. They do still have bagels, fresh fruit, juice, milk etc. No more white sangria's (wife was really ticked over that one). The red just wasn't as good and had no fruit in it.

We did have a fridge in our room but it was not in the dresser. It was between the dresser and the desk just sitting on the floor. There was still a fridge in the dresser but had a big note on it saying to not plug it in and why though.

The changes aren't huge but, after 4 straight stays here I think we are gonna try some other mods.
We have the business class booked for October and your post makes me a little nervous. I love the sangria at the Poly and was looking forward to the sangria at CSR. Was there still a pitcher of red that you could pour? Were there other offerings? We just got back from DL and didn't like that we had to ask for each glass of wine and each beer we wanted (they did very small pours...not that I drink a lot but if I wanted to pour my own, it was not allowed).

Any other changes that we should know about? I am bummed about the muffins and the white sangria and just want to be prepared.

Still considering changing to the BW concierge room but not sure....
Old 07-22-2013, 10:24 AM   #1589
3kidsdad
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenTMV

We have the business class booked for October and your post makes me a little nervous. I love the sangria at the Poly and was looking forward to the sangria at CSR. Was there still a pitcher of red that you could pour? Were there other offerings? We just got back from DL and didn't like that we had to ask for each glass of wine and each beer we wanted (they did very small pours...not that I drink a lot but if I wanted to pour my own, it was not allowed).

Any other changes that we should know about? I am bummed about the muffins and the white sangria and just want to be prepared.

Still considering changing to the BW concierge room but not sure....
I still think Business Class is a good value. You do have to ask for every alcoholic drink, no pitchers. They have a red wine, a white wine, Bud Light, Heiniken and Yuengling in the bottles. They will give you the whole bottle. Our kids are the ones who loved the muffins, they just had to switch to cereal and fruit for breakfast. Probably better for them anyway. Night time snack options were still the same. Tortilla and regular chips, plenty of fresh vegetables, sundried tomato hummus and such. When staying at CSR we would probably always choose Business Class for the lounge and the buildings location because it is so close to everything.
Old 07-22-2013, 01:36 PM   #1590
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kidsdad View Post
I still think Business Class is a good value. You do have to ask for every alcoholic drink, no pitchers. They have a red wine, a white wine, Bud Light, Heiniken and Yuengling in the bottles. They will give you the whole bottle. Our kids are the ones who loved the muffins, they just had to switch to cereal and fruit for breakfast. Probably better for them anyway. Night time snack options were still the same. Tortilla and regular chips, plenty of fresh vegetables, sundried tomato hummus and such. When staying at CSR we would probably always choose Business Class for the lounge and the buildings location because it is so close to everything.
Most of the CSR "regulars" have always discussed that it would be great to have an option to pay alittle extra to guarantee the Cabanas 9B location. It was the most requested location and it close to everything important at CSR except for the Fitness Center which is about 5-7 min walk depending on your walking speed. The fact that there is a Club level type lounge is really just a bonus. I'm hoping the missing items was a temporary thing, but it won't change my mind on Business Class either way.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: