Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 04:09 PM   #1531
momofboyz3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post

My oldest is 19. He's a big fisherman. There is usually some kind of line in the car. He's fished at Pop Century with just line. He also has a small collapsible fishing rod. However, fishing is not permitted at CSR. He asked about retention ponds and such and was told no.

CSR is my 19 year old's favorite resort. My youngest is 9. He goes with the flow, but the jaguar slide is his favorite water slide.
That's cool to hear honestly. Mine will be 14 he is a big basketball player and never went fishing ever. It was walking by the fishing hole at POR that he was curious. So we all stopped by on our resort day & he sat there for hours!!!!! The man who worked showed him the ropes & I just let him hang out there and charge up the hours to the room. Every day after he would ask to go. Finally on checkout I let him spend the morning. He really was into it. His twin and younger brother (also 9) wasn't as into it.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:15 PM   #1532
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofboyz3 View Post
Venom! You were one of those who helped me make my POR stay flawless... I do know you are a POR rockstar & know your stuff in regards to that resort sooo could you share (if you have been to CSR) what you liked about it or disliked? My boys were huge fans of POR for the foodcourt and the marina activities.... Thanks a million!!!!
Yeah I was big time POR and I still follow the and aide the resort guests as much as possible. I personally haven't stayed at CSR but in fact we are to do another Moderate that is going to be CSR but I don't know if before your dates or not. I did like the Marina and Activities at POR but honestly each resort has unique and similar activities so it may give your children something new to do. As for the resort we have plans for the Business Rooms there. They are kind of like Club Level at the Deluxes but for Moderates. They are also close to the main building which I like the most. CSR is spread out more than POR is. But your have a nice atmosphere to look at. How ever if you are not staying in a Preferred or Business room then you will be on the other side of the water from the main building, but close to the Feature pool. Also something this resort has also is an internal bus and then bus depots like POR's where it goes to all the stops like north, east, south and west. So take note to which stop you get on and off at if you want to be dropped off close to your room.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2013, 05:07 PM   #1533
momofboyz3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post

Yeah I was big time POR and I still follow the and aide the resort guests as much as possible. I personally haven't stayed at CSR but in fact we are to do another Moderate that is going to be CSR but I don't know if before your dates or not. I did like the Marina and Activities at POR but honestly each resort has unique and similar activities so it may give your children something new to do. As for the resort we have plans for the Business Rooms there. They are kind of like Club Level at the Deluxes but for Moderates. They are also close to the main building which I like the most. CSR is spread out more than POR is. But your have a nice atmosphere to look at. How ever if you are not staying in a Preferred or Business room then you will be on the other side of the water from the main building, but close to the Feature pool. Also something this resort has also is an internal bus and then bus depots like POR's where it goes to all the stops like north, east, south and west. So take note to which stop you get on and off at if you want to be dropped off close to your room.
Thanks Venom, that actually helps alot. Hopefully you will post about your family's experience when you get back. We are planning July2014!
Old 07-18-2013, 05:09 PM   #1534
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofboyz3 View Post
Thanks Venom, that actually helps alot. Hopefully you will post about your family's experience when you get back. We are planning July2014!
Yeah we will be there and checked out well before then. PM me if you end up having further questions. I don't want to threadjack this thread.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:21 PM   #1535
hill6
DIS Veteran

Has any one heard how many refrigerators were removed? I know that there were a number of different types so not all needed replaced.

Saratoga Springs Nov 8-13 our First DVC trip
Old 07-18-2013, 09:18 PM   #1536
Kilala
Mouseketeer

Are there microwaves in the rooms? I'm not sure where in the resort we are going to stay in.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:31 PM   #1537
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilala View Post
Are there microwaves in the rooms? I'm not sure where in the resort we are going to stay in.
None of the Value or Mod resorts have microwaves in the room. Most of the Deluxe rooms don't have microwaves either unless its suite or villa. CSR does have a few microwaves on hand that you can request when you check in to see if one is available, but no guarantees.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:32 PM   #1538
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilala View Post
You can request one, but they aren't guaranteed. We've got one each time we requested, but one time it took a day before one became available.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:35 PM   #1539
delilah18
Mouseketeer

How long does it take from the preferred rooms to the Dig Site area?

AoA LM 2012
POR RR 2013

Old 07-18-2013, 09:40 PM   #1540
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by delilah18 View Post
How long does it take from the preferred rooms to the Dig Site area?
The "preferred" location only puts you close to the Food court. Depending which room you get it could be as close as 5 mins or as far as 10 mins. Business Class gets you a room that is 2 mins from the Dig Site and 2 mins from the Food Court.
Old 07-19-2013, 04:09 AM   #1541
spiritsim
DIS Veteran

what building

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
The "preferred" location only puts you close to the Food court. Depending which room you get it could be as close as 5 mins or as far as 10 mins. Business Class gets you a room that is 2 mins from the Dig Site and 2 mins from the Food Court.
and what building would that be?

WDW Commando Member #241
First time in the world! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3134097
Old 07-19-2013, 05:08 AM   #1542
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritsim View Post
and what building would that be?
Preferred are buildings 1,2, and 3. Counting backwards 3 is closest to dig site and one is furthest away. No matter how you look at it, 1,2,3 are the furthest away from the dig site. We are staying preferred next time for a convention. The quiet pool in the Casitas is rough too. It's very deep, great for lap swimming, not so great for little kids.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:09 AM   #1543
spiritsim
DIS Veteran

standard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dis_Dreamin View Post
Yeah, I know it's fall break. It was just surprising to no availability for standard rooms the day rates are released. Even still today no availability for anything but the more expensive options. I'll eventually call to check, but for now, I'll be patient. Plenty of time between now and October 2014.
I just booked 2 standard rooms yesterday and had no problems....maybe the website was messed up I would try again. Oct 10-20 2014

WDW Commando Member #241
Old 07-19-2013, 05:12 AM   #1544
spiritsim
DIS Veteran

no bussiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Preferred are buildings 1,2, and 3. Counting backwards 3 is closest to dig site and one is furthest away. No matter how you look at it, 1,2,3 are the furthest away from the dig site. We are staying preferred next time for a convention. The quiet pool in the Casitas is rough too. It's very deep, great for lap swimming, not so great for little kids.
Sorry I ment what business class that's 2 min away?

WDW Commando Member #241
Old 07-19-2013, 05:53 AM   #1545
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritsim View Post
Sorry I ment what business class that's 2 min away?
The business class is over in the cabanas closest to El Centro. They are not very far from the Dig Site.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: