Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 11:30 AM   #136
StitchandPooh'sMom
Now if only I could think of something witty to say . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Sorry everybody...we got involved with packing, dropping off my car by my brother so he and mom can come tomorrow to stay with dog while we are gone.

Let's just say that he danced like he did with Eeyore in September and was totally surprised. He couldn't believe it and asked who paid for it?

9:40 a.m. flight in the morning; I promise I will update with at least one picture a day on my PTR if I can and FB updates.
Love it!

Quote:
Thanks, Amy. We're at the airport about to board our plane...can't wait. Thanks for "stalking" my FB page.
Have a magical trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarager View Post
Just did online check in. We arrive at CSR in 10 days!!!!!
Old 12-06-2012, 11:33 AM   #137
StitchandPooh'sMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjbryant View Post
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and really appreciate seeing the pictures of Coronado Springs. I'm a veteran Disney traveler considering a stay at CSR during the Princess 1/2 Marathon this year (because CSR is hosting the Fit to be a Princess Expo). Reading some reviews, I'm a little nervous about the convention center and the reviews stating that CSR does not have the "Disney feel." What are your opinions on this? I do the love the Disney themes of the Value Resorts and that's what I'm used to, but Coronado Springs looks like an attractive resort. Do convention attendees detract from the Disney feel? How does CSR compare to the other moderates? Any help will be appreciated!
I think CSR has as much of a Disney feel as any of the other moderates and deluxes. The values are in a class by themselves with the giant icons. CSR is understated, but it is definitely Disney to us (even our kids). You probably won't notice any conventioners at all - generally you might see some people with nametags and might notice Pepper Market being crowded at breakfast, but you'll also notice that the pool and buses are pretty empty for the size of the resort.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-07-2012, 02:20 PM   #138
party-of-five
Mouseketeer

three more days!

Two more days and I can finally tell the kids! The waiting is killing me!
Old 12-07-2012, 09:16 PM   #139
Falicity
Earning My Ears

10 more days and we will be arriving for 14 days of fun.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:30 AM   #140
DisneyRunnerChick
Princess of the Sneakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjbryant
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and really appreciate seeing the pictures of Coronado Springs. I'm a veteran Disney traveler considering a stay at CSR during the Princess 1/2 Marathon this year (because CSR is hosting the Fit to be a Princess Expo). Reading some reviews, I'm a little nervous about the convention center and the reviews stating that CSR does not have the "Disney feel." What are your opinions on this? I do the love the Disney themes of the Value Resorts and that's what I'm used to, but Coronado Springs looks like an attractive resort. Do convention attendees detract from the Disney feel? How does CSR compare to the other moderates? Any help will be appreciated!
We've stayed at all the values and moderates, and none of the moderates have the big metal sculptures that accompany the values (the closest may be the alligator sculptures and mardi gras details at POFQ.) The themeing tends to be more inline with World Showcase or some of the Disney restaurants- not characterish, but still completely themed and amazing. For CSR, it's like a Latin American paradise, and, IMO, it's the prettiest/most relaxing moderate. While there may not be a giant Goofy at a hockey rink, you'll still feel totally immersed in the magic. Plus the hot tub and hammocks should be awesome post race! That's my plan for after the marathon in January!

We didn't have any trouble with conventioneers nor was the size of the resort really an issue. I love this place and can't wait to go back!!!

Me-; DFi-; DS-; DD-
Walt Disney World Half Marathon 2011, 2012; Wine and Dine Half Marathon 2011; Princess Half Marathon 2012; Expedition Everest Challenge 2012; ToT 2012; Wine and Dine Half 2012

Off property 2003; Off property 2004; PC March 2006; POR September 2010; ALSS January 2011; CS March 2011; POR October 2011; YC/PC January 2012; ALSS February 2012; AKL May 2012; POR September 2012; CB September 2012; AoA/ALSMusic November 2012; CSR January 2013

Old 12-10-2012, 10:11 PM   #141
Falicity
Earning My Ears

Only one week to go, counting down. Just watching the temperature, coming from 46F to 15F is going to shock the system.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:08 AM   #142
Orcagirl
Earning My Ears

Microwave / late-night dinner options?

Hey folks,

I've got a king room booked at CSR in February 2013 (coming in for the Princess Half Marathon); from what I can tell, the rooms have a mini-fridge but no microwave. Is there anywhere on property that guests can access a microwave to heat up food? I'm hoping to get a chance to nuke some yams to eat as a pre-race snack...

Also wondering what our best bets are for a late arrival night dinner? Our flight doesn't get in to MCO until past 11pm, so by the time we catch the Magic Express to CSR, it'll be quite late and it looks like the room service and the main restaurants will be closed. Is Rix Lounge our only option?

Thanks for any info,

Erin
Old 12-11-2012, 09:41 AM   #143
StitchandPooh'sMom

As expected, CSR has been adding to the Disney Dining Plan for 2013. Thanks to Buzz for the update.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:43 AM   #144
KatMark
DIS Veteran

At the airport for our flight home...time goes way too fast. We enjoyed CSR, but did NOT enjoy the Pop Warner people...they were awful.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:47 AM   #145
StitchandPooh'sMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcagirl View Post
Hey folks,

I've got a king room booked at CSR in February 2013 (coming in for the Princess Half Marathon); from what I can tell, the rooms have a mini-fridge but no microwave. Is there anywhere on property that guests can access a microwave to heat up food? I'm hoping to get a chance to nuke some yams to eat as a pre-race snack...

Also wondering what our best bets are for a late arrival night dinner? Our flight doesn't get in to MCO until past 11pm, so by the time we catch the Magic Express to CSR, it'll be quite late and it looks like the room service and the main restaurants will be closed. Is Rix Lounge our only option?

Thanks for any info,

Erin
You can request a microwave for your room at no charge - they are first come, first served. I'm pretty sure there is a microwave at Cafe Rix as well.

Cafe Rix is open until midnight, and Rix Lounge is open until 2:00 am. You might want to pick up something at the airport if you will be very late.

Quote:
At the airport for our flight home...time goes way too fast. We enjoyed CSR, but did NOT enjoy the Pop Warner people...they were awful.
Glad you enjoyed CSR, but I'm sorry about the Pop Warner people. I was hoping they would not be disruptive since most usually stay at the values.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:03 AM   #146
HermanTriplets+1
DIS Veteran

Hi - thanks for a great enthusiastic thread!
We will be a group of six girlfriends, and we were thinking 2 Junior Suites. We'd each like our own bed but don't mind a sofa-sleeper. Should we do 2 Junior Suites, or 3 standard rooms?
Also, one of our group has breathing difficulties and can't walk too far. Would either category have more convenient location to transport/food court?
THANKS!

TR: June 17, 2012 NY-CANADA Sailaway with us!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2954385
PRE-TRIP REPORT:CALLING ALL NY-CANADA CRUISERS
!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2824051
Old 12-11-2012, 11:23 AM   #147
cthompson476
Earning My Ears

First Time at CSR

Hi All!!

This will be our first time staying at CSR and we are looking forward to it! We are arriving Dec 26-30. Just in time for the crowds, but that won't damper our smiles Just myself and the parents are traveling! I would appreciate any tips or important things to remember about CSR from you guys!

15 more days!!!!

June 2011-CBR
Dec 2012-CSR
Sept 2013-CSR
Oct 2013-Yacht Club
Nov 2013-POP
Dec 2014/Jan 2014- Cabins @ FW
May 2014-POP/ASM
Oct 2014-POR
Old 12-12-2012, 11:31 AM   #148
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
+1

I really wish we would have switched to Port Orleans after they announced that CSR would be a Pop Warner hotel. For the most part is wasn't a horribly awful experience, but they definitely affected our enjoyment of the resort.

We actually ended up avoiding the Dig Site area altogether.

Even the village pools were bad. My BiL went swimming one afternoon during a break, but he didn't stay long. The pool was empty when he got there, but it was soon invaded and he said he felt a little uncomfortable being a 28 year old guy in a pool full of unsupervised tween cheerleaders.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:22 PM   #149
Amy&Dan
Huge, huge thongs of them
I think Disney's main purpose in life is to drive us all crazy!
Feelings are seldom about logic

Kathy when I saw on fb you might not return to CSR I was shocked then later on remembered the whole Pop Warner at CSR thing.

It just fries me that Disney lets these huge groups dampen or even ruin the resort stays of other guests.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:14 PM   #150
bjbryant
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much for the input. I'm getting excited about my decision to book CSR!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: