Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2012, 03:13 PM   #1
kopppa33
Mouseketeer

What is YOUR favorite

TS place to eat at or meal? Everyone has different tastes and different likes and what one may LOVE the next may HATE, so this isn't for opinons on where to eat ect. Just curious to see what everyone's favroites are and what it is they like
kopppa33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:21 PM   #2
MarieShedsky
Earning My Ears

Same Question

I've been wondering the same thing. You see a lot of "we like ____" but not for what is ordered there (i.e sunshine seasons is really popular but I had a stir fry meal there a few years ago and I was less than impressed).

My dining experience is limited but personally I love the ribs at Flame Tree BBQ at AK, Dole whips from Capt Cooks at the Polynesian and Coral Reef used to have an amazing vanilla creme brulee but it's no longer on the menu
Also, one of the most underrated/overlooked desserts is the (no sugar added) apple stacker from Kona Cafe at the Poly. SO delicious!

This year I'm looking forward to trying either the anchors aweigh or lighthouse sandwich at Columbia Harbor House (MK), fried wontons at Yak & Yeti, Ohana bread pudding, tonga toast, an ice cream cookie sandwich (I guess from Sleepy Hollow as MSB will be closed ), a PB cupcake from Starring Rolls, zebra domes from the Mara at ALK and possible a paw print brownie from the bakery at AK (although the sunshine seasons brownie looked decent and I heard theres a good one at starring rolls. Any suggestions?). Oh and possibly the pulled pork sandwich from Flame Tree, but I sure like those ribs...
I've also heard Earl of Sandwich and WPE in DTD are good but I'm not sure what is good at either. I'm looking for "must try's" so any help is appreciated! Or what is good at Sunshine Seasons. Hopefully we'll get some insight!

Oops... Just read that you said TS. I was actually talking about any sort of food lol. Sorry!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2012, 06:25 PM   #3
wdwloverz
Tigger, is that you??

At WPE I think the salmon is excellent, also the half chicken with yummy mashies, Hubby loves the bacon wrapped meatloaf. Creme brulee cheesecake, Oh Yes!
Never had a sandwich at Earl that I din't like, I think if it has ingredients you would normally like, then you will love it! They are sooo good and you can't beat $5.95 for a sandwich at WDW!
Sunshine seasons has very yummy sandwiches, I enjoy the turkey with chipotle mayo (not too spicy). They also have a cheese and fruit platter in the grab and go section that I just LOVE. Lots of fun for a snack while waiting to ride Soarin' or people watching! Very fresh!
Another FAVORITE snack is the corn dog nuggets with cheese sauce, from Casey's Corner.
The Anchors away sandwich at CHH is very good! Didn't care much for the Lighthouse, the hummus was very garlicky, so some might really enjoy that..
We also really like the ribs at FTB, always a must do.
I could go on & on....

For TS, we always go for the deeeelicious Cobb salads and grapefruit cake at Brown Derby.
We also enjoy Sci-fi, because it is just fun and so Disney! We share a milkshake and a coke, a salad with dressing on the side (they tend to DRENCH it) and the turkey sandwich with fries. We are never disappointed with these simple choices.
Grand Floridian Cafe for breakfast is a must each trip. I get the Eggs Benedict with asparagus and hash browns, Hubs gets the American. We both get cappuccinos. So good, the GF is gorgeous and the restaurant overlooks the beautiful courtyard.

Last edited by wdwloverz; 11-10-2012 at 06:31 PM.
wdwloverz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:34 PM   #4
PrincessSamanthaC
Mouseketeer

Torn between Yachtsman Steakhouse ( I love the filet mingon there. yum!!) and Cape May dinner buffet ( I love everything there!!)

Nov 05' ASM, Nov 07' PC, Oct 09' CS, Nov 10' AKL Oct 11' BC, Aug 12' BC Aug 13' BC, Aug 14' GF
PrincessSamanthaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:41 PM   #5
Dizzytime
DIS Veteran

Boma has shot to the top of our list. With way too many things that are all too good to be true, no way not be at the top.
Great topic, kopppa33!
Dizzytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:10 PM   #6
ciera321
DIS Veteran

My favorite TS are:

Sanaa - I love the Slow Cooked in Gravy and I choose the beef short ribs and green curry shrimp.
Delicious

California Grill - I LOVE the pork tenderlion with goat cheese polenta, plus I have to have the Valrhona Chocolate Cake . Usually they have different flavors of ice cream that comes with it, but I always have the vanilla...

ciera321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:17 PM   #7
Momto2PrncChrmgs
DIS Veteran

We love the fish and chips in England in Epcot, dipping our fries in the cheese sauce at Cosmic Rays and Casey's, the sides at 'Ohana, and the Grey Goose slush ( or two or three) at France.

1977-Off Site May 2000-Off Site April/May 2005-ASMo May 2007-POP May 2008-POP Jan. 2009-CBR Jan. 2011-POP Jan. 2013-POR Oct. 2014-???
Momto2PrncChrmgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:10 PM   #8
Fueledbycoffee
Mouseketeer

Favorite TS meal: stuffed French toast at CRT

Had plenty of other good TS & looking for to trying some new ones in January, but this is The One that makes my mouth water!
Fueledbycoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:27 PM   #9
MJMcBride
Barely lost is barely found

Its propably Jiko

some other favorites include Boma, Kona, Teppan Edo, Yak & Yeti Restarunt Marrakesh and Sanaa

WWW.JAMBOEVERYONE.COM

Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom
MJMcBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:07 PM   #10
MarieShedsky
Earning My Ears

Is the grapefruit cake from Brown Derby worth going out of the way for?
I wish the Pooh puffed french toast was offered somewhere else too... hate to pay the buffet price when that's all I want to try. Oh well, someday!
Old 11-10-2012, 11:16 PM   #11
wdwloverz
Tigger, is that you??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieShedsky View Post
Is the grapefruit cake from Brown Derby worth going out of the way for?
I wish the Pooh puffed french toast was offered somewhere else too... hate to pay the buffet price when that's all I want to try. Oh well, someday!
I think the grapefruit cake is really yummy. Light, not too sweet and just a little bit different, but I wouldn't go too far out of my way for it..

wdwloverz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:36 PM   #12
hidmickey:myantidrug
DIS Veteran

I'm a simple tastes kind of a person, so 50s prime time is my fav for TS. It's a casual, fun place to sit down for a little bit and have some of that pot roast that I LOVE.
hidmickey:myantidrug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:48 AM   #13
one2admire
Mouseketeer

We had some great meals our last trip but I would say Narcoossee's was our overall favorite. The calamari and crab cakes, steaks and lobster, the almond crusted cheesecake, everything was great!
one2admire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:26 AM   #14
NHTikiBeckie
DIS Veteran

Ohana is our favorite! We also love Biergarten, Prime Time and Kona.

Disney World videos I made!

http://vimeo.com/7316001 (MGM & Animal Kingdom)

http://vimeo.com/7315073 (Epcot)

http://vimeo.com/7316111 (Magic Kingdom)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjHXWMp1uhI (Christmas and Fun outside the parks)
NHTikiBeckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:07 AM   #15
royaltybuff
Earning My Ears

California Grill for Signature Dining
Boma for regular table service/buffet
Akershus (breakfast) for character meal

I also loved Todd English's Bluezoo in the Dolphin. We weren't on the Dining Plan this last trip, so if the dining plan isn't a factor, I definitely recommend going there.

I've been meaning to try Les Chefs, but it hasn't worked out for random reasons. I've eaten at the Boulangerie in the past and also at the France F&W kiosk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopppa33 View Post
TS place to eat at or meal? Everyone has different tastes and different likes and what one may LOVE the next may HATE, so this isn't for opinons on where to eat ect. Just curious to see what everyone's favroites are and what it is they like
royaltybuff is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: