DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2012, 07:11 AM   #1
izzy
"It's not the heat -- it's the stupidity"

Can you modify a booking online?

I just made my first online reservation - October 19-26 at AKV. I actually want to stay there one extra night (27th). Can you modify an existing booking online to add extra nights to the same reservation number? If not, will I have to wait until MS opens at 9 a.m. tomorrow to add the extra night?

izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:30 AM   #2
pfry10
Earning My Ears

We ran into a similar scenario earlier this year when we had 2 reservations because we were going to split a week between AKV and BWV during December. We decided to cancel the AKV and do the the full week at BWV. We called member services and they advised if we saw the time available online to book it and then call them and they can convert the 2 reservations into one. They did it with us right on the phone. It was so easy and convenient.

So my recommendation would be to book it online and then call MS.

Last edited by pfry10; 11-19-2012 at 07:37 AM.
pfry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2012, 07:41 AM   #3
izzy
"It's not the heat -- it's the stupidity"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfry10 View Post
We ran into a similar scenario earlier this year when we had 2 reservations because we were going to split a week between AKV and BWV during December. We decided to cancel the AKV and do the the full week at BWV. We called member services and they advised if we saw the time available online to book it and then call them and they can convert the 2 reservations into one. They did it with us right on the phone. It was so easy and convenient.

So my recommendation would be to book it online and then call MS.
I think I might have a problem if I try to book it separately, though. Technically, I should be able to add my extra day tomorrow. If I book it separately, won't I have to wait until another 7 days when the window for that particular day opens?

Sorry for all of the questions! This is my first time using the online booking tool.

izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:03 AM   #4
pfry10
Earning My Ears

Looking at the dates you mentioned that may pose an issue of trying to book it separately because the 27th is outside of the 11 month timeframe. When we did ours, we were within 7 months, so that issue never came up.

I was messing with our reservation online for next June for BLT and I didn't see an option to modify days on an existing trip.

For you're specific scenario I would call MS to see if they can add it from their side.
pfry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:36 AM   #5
butsy113
AKV Owner

All you have to do is call MS and ask to add a day You can only book 7 days at a time online. If you already made the reservation for the 19-26 this morning, just call MS at 9am tomorrow to add the day. Have a great trip!
Old 11-19-2012, 12:31 PM   #6
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy View Post
I just made my first online reservation - October 19-26 at AKV. I actually want to stay there one extra night (27th). Can you modify an existing booking online to add extra nights to the same reservation number? If not, will I have to wait until MS opens at 9 a.m. tomorrow to add the extra night?
Unfortunately you cannot modify a reservation online. You have two options and in your situation you absolutely want to go with option #1:

1. Call MS within the next few days (before the 11-month window opens for your additional night) to add the night to your existing reservation

2. Wait until 11 months out from the additional night you need, book it yourself online, then call MS and ask them to merge your two reservations into one reservation.

Since you end up calling MS either way, go with option #1, particularly since if you wait until 11 months out from your additional night, other members could grab the available inventory before you do.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:48 AM   #7
luckyman_apd
DIS Veteran

So your saying you cannot walk a reservation online, you have to call MS to do it?
Old 11-21-2012, 11:33 AM   #8
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyman_apd View Post
So your saying you cannot walk a reservation online, you have to call MS to do it?
That is correct. Walking involves adding days to the end of an existing reservation before the 11-month window opens for those nights and removing days from the start of the reservation. Neither of those things can be done online.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:21 PM   #9
oktracy
Mouseketeer

Excuse my ignorance, but can you make a reservation at your home resort before 11 months? I am somewhat new to this.
oktracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:47 PM   #10
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oktracy View Post
Excuse my ignorance, but can you make a reservation at your home resort before 11 months? I am somewhat new to this.
No, the earliest you can book a DVC resort using your points is 11 months from your check-in day. That would be using your home resort priority for the resort at which you own the points you're using for the stay.

For non-home resorts, the earliest you can book is 7 months from your check-in day.

When you call exactly on that date (either at 11 months or 7 months, depending on whether or not it's a home resort), you can book the first 7 nights. If your desired stay is more than 7 nights, you must call back the next day to add a night onto the end of your reservation, and continue to do so until you have the entire stay booked. (You can only add nights on in this manner by calling Member Services. You can't do it online.) The other option would be to initially book the reservation (by phone or online) on a day that is within 7 days of the last night of your stay. In that case, you could book the entire stay at once.

When booking online, the date doesn't roll at Midnight. The next day's check-in date isn't available to be booked in the system until 8am Eastern Time. Member Services opens at 9am Eastern to take phone bookings.

If you look at the home page of the member web site, it will tell you the dates you can book.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:56 PM   #11
oktracy
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the quick reply. Birds of Prey!
oktracy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: