Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2012, 08:00 AM   #1
lecach
Will not get out of bed unless the time on the clock is even
Has a bacon gifting MIL

Birthday party advice

My DS will turn 8 on December 7. He's been saying for months that he wants a roller skating party. Whatever party we have will be on Dec. 8. We havent' scheduled it because we don't have his basketball game schedule yet.

We just got an invitation for a party for his classmate Tyler - it's on Dec. 2......at the skating rink.

So do we still have a party there even though the same group of kids would be invited? Should I try to steer him to a different option? Or should I leave it up to him?

We live in Concord NC so other options are a bowling party, or we could go to the outdoor ice skating rink at the Charlotte Motor Speedway. It's $12 a person but could be crowded. Or we could let him pick a couple of friends and let them do Magiquest at Great Wolf Lodge. Although GWL is crazy busy this time of year so I don't know if that's the best option.

Any thoughts?
POFQ - March 2009 40th Birthday Extravaganza**Marriott Grande Vista - FREE (using Marriott points)! - May 10-17, 2008**POFQ - 5 times**POR - 1 time (3/2004)**Offsite at Fairfield Inn & Suites (5/2002)**Offsite for first trip (1994)
lecach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:05 AM   #2
firecracker725
DIS Veteran

When I was a kid, I remember that there were party "trends" each year. I'm pretty sure that I went to about 5 birthday parties at the skating rink one year, and several of those were close together.

Talk to your kid and let him decide. He may think it's cool to do the skating thing still, but he may want to pick something else.

-------------
firecracker725 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-23-2012, 06:57 PM   #3
diamondpixienc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by firecracker725
When I was a kid, I remember that there were party "trends" each year. I'm pretty sure that I went to about 5 birthday parties at the skating rink one year, and several of those were close together.

Talk to your kid and let him decide. He may think it's cool to do the skating thing still, but he may want to pick something else.
Ditto to this. But how about Sky High in Pineville? All trampolines my older kids call it the "big kid" Monkey Joe's BTW my DS(9) just went to his 3rd birthday party there last weekend so i guess this is the new "trend" Sports Connection was the "trend" last year. I think between my DS & DD we went to atleast 9!

diamondpixienc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:24 PM   #4
shoney
DIS Veteran

I agree with the "trends" idea. We've been to many many parties over the years and sometimes it is the same place over and over. The kids don't care...they love it! Have the party that your child wants!
shoney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: