Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2012, 02:25 AM   #1
momtotwolittleones
Mouseketeer

Disneyland/Legoland dilemma

Our plan right now is to go to Legoland the Monday after Thanskgiving, and then DL Tues, Wed and 1/2 day Thursday. However, we have 4 day passes to DL. We could go to LL on Sunday, and then DL Mon, Tue, Wed and 1/2 Thu. However, I'm wondering if DL is more crowded the Monday after Thanksgiving because people extend their stay one day? I'm also worried LL will be more crowded that Sunday - we've only ever been on a Monday when it's practically empty, so we're a bit spoiled.

I'm torn - my kids love LL, and we love how empty it is on a Monday, but an extra day at DL that we've already paid for is also tempting, unless that Monday is going to be super crowded at DL. Is anyone familiar with those days at both parks, and care to share you opinion?

Thank you!
momtotwolittleones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:42 AM   #2
jennameowse
Mouseketeer

Any time at DL is worth braving crowds. I don't think it will be too bad but you never know. If you already paid for 4 days, might as well get what you paid for!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-18-2012, 02:44 AM   #3
thewritegirl
Mouseketeer

Legoland is a real pain in the you-know-what when it is crowded. It is very crowded on the weekends after mid morning because there are so many locals who go. The rides are incredibly slow loading, so once you get a big crowd, it's just not worth riding anything. At that point, we just stick with looking at Lego buildings. I know that doesn't really answer your question, but I think if you're committed to going to Legoland, I'd got on Monday. Even if it's crowded at DL on Sunday, you're still going to have fun, yk? Since you've obviously been to LL before, and are wanting to go back, you must enjoy it. For me, though, I might consider bailing on LL completely in order to have 4 full days at DL, and not just 3 and a half.
thewritegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:08 AM   #4
geekypeach
Mouseketeer

According to touring plans, DL is DEAD the Monday after Thanksgiving.

They give DL crowds a 1/10 and DCA crowds a 4/10. Tuesday is much the same.

April 2013 HoJo
November/December 2012 HoJo
April 2012 HoJo
February 2012 BW Anaheim Inn
October 2011 Paradise Pier
May 2011 HoJo
February 2010 HoJo
March 2009 HoJo
October 1994 Best Western Pavillions
geekypeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:52 PM   #5
DTDkettleCORNfan
DIS Veteran

I agree with those who have said Legoland on Monday. Legoland is GREAT. We went on the Monday after Thanksgiving a few years ago, and it was not crowded. Plus we had coupons and tickets were discounted. And we had fantastic weather. Although.....had any of those variables been changed (crowds, ticket prices & weather) I know our day would not have been as great.

Disneyland, however, can be better enjoyed if its crowded or rainy (although the Anaheim weather for the week after Thanksgiving looks great so far!!!). I say do DL on Sun, LL on Monday, and then back to DL for the rest of your week. This will be our 8th year going to DL the week after Thanksgiving. Sunday is crowded, but its also open really long hours....so we take it slow. The crowds the rest of the week have always been low (Tuesday and Wednesday have always seemed even less crowded than Monday). Hope you have a great trip!
Old 11-19-2012, 12:17 AM   #6
momtotwolittleones
Mouseketeer

Well, we can't go to DL Sunday. So the tradeoff is uncrowded Monday at LL and 2.5 days at DL, or possibly crowded Sun at LL and 3.5 days at DL. I'm really torn!
momtotwolittleones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:43 AM   #7
DTDkettleCORNfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtotwolittleones View Post
Well, we can't go to DL Sunday. So the tradeoff is uncrowded Monday at LL and 2.5 days at DL, or possibly crowded Sun at LL and 3.5 days at DL. I'm really torn!
Ugh....that is a tough decision. At least both choices are good ones. Good luck!
Old 11-19-2012, 02:13 PM   #8
jennameowse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtotwolittleones
I would choose more time at DL. I remember the one time I went to LL we were done halfway through the day anyways. And since you've been before you know what are the things you want to see/do most and what you're okay with skipping. So although LL may be busier Sunday, just start out doing your faves to make sure you get them done and then end your day with the things that aren't top priority.
That way, even with it being busy you'll still get to see what you enjoy most at LL and get the most use out of those 4 day tickets.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:16 PM   #9
thewritegirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtotwolittleones View Post
With that info, I would do 3.5 days at DL. Just be at LL when the open and do all of the rides you want to do right away, first thing. Then, when it gets too crazy to ride, go ahead and look at all the Lego stuff.
thewritegirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: