Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2012, 07:54 PM   #1
WebmasterPete
Grand Administrator
The Big Dipple
Easily confuses bathrooms and attics
I survived Hurricane Frances...send more ice cream!

DISboards Administrator

Impromptu Call In Show!

Hey everyone,

Dustin and I are in the studio and decided to do an impromptu call in show tonight - we're asking about your favorite things to do at WDW for Christmas. Call in to 877-845-0054. We're recording now (8pm eastern) - so join in.

Pete
Old 11-18-2012, 07:58 PM   #2
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

I'll let everyone get a chance to call in, but thought I would share how I love to visit the different resort lobby Christmas trees to look at the ornaments. They're all so unique and themed to the resort.

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:07 PM   #3
gojoe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by *NikkiBell* View Post
I'll let everyone get a chance to call in, but thought I would share how I love to visit the different resort lobby Christmas trees to look at the ornaments. They're all so unique and themed to the resort.
Love the Grand Floridian, the music, the decorations and the Ginger Bread House.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:29 AM   #4
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Darn - I missed the opportunity.

I'm looking forward to hearing everybody's favorites.

Val & I have done pretty much all the special events over the years and I guess we've kind of settled into a pattern. We like to see the Osborne Lights at the studio and we enjoy seeing the more spectacular trees at the resorts. So we usually stop at the GF and WL to see their decorations plus walking around the Epcot resorts too. We enjoy visiting the individual countries in Epcot and learning about their holiday traditions.

We don't do MVMCP any more since the price has gone so high and the extras have been cut back so much. We don't do the candlelight processional either. Its very inspiring but almost impossible to deal with the crowds trying to get in since we aren't the type to line up an hour ahead of time.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:22 AM   #5
Stacy's a freak
wrangles snakes

Ugh I missed this! But my answer is the Candlelight Processional. My first solo trip was in late November 2005 and I just happened to be wandering past the American Theater at a few minutes before the show was to start so I, as a single, was able to scoot in. I had heard of it but didn't think it would be my thing as I am not very religious - I call myself a recovering Catholic Well I couldn't believe how much I loved it! I am a musical person and have played the trumpet since 9 years old and sang since I could speak so it was the music that drew me in. But once the fanfare trumpets started to play I seriously wept! No joke. I was a single park-goer weeping in the audience and didn't care a bit. So that's my favorite thing!

I have seen it 3 more times since then and bought the CD narrated by Felicia Rachad.
Stacy's a freak is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: