Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2012, 07:06 PM   #1
Golden Rose
Princess by Choice

Wonder - November 9, 2013 - Bahamas from Galveston

There doesn't seem to be a thread for this cruise, so I'll start one. We're really excited. We just finished our first Disney cruise yesterday, and we loved it so much that we booked our second today!

We just got off the Magic yesterday, and after a family conference, we decided to book another Disney Cruise for next year and cancel the cruise on another line that we already had booked. (Yes, I know we should have made this decision while on the ship, but we weren't ready until today. Concierge class doesn't get the on board discount anyway.)

We will be traveling as a party of 5 - me, my DM, DH, DS (8 at the time of the cruise), and DD (2, but a month away from 3, and potty trained, so we hope she'll be in the Club/Lab with her brother.)

We love to cruise, but none of us except DM have ever been to the Bahamas, and we've never been to Castaway Cay. We're super excited about the route. We cruise a lot out of Galveston, because we're in Houston and it is really easy for us. We've been thrilled that DCL came to Galveston, and we're trying to encourage them to stay by booking cruises here.

(me) (DH) (DS 9) (DD 3) (4 cats)
Golden Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:01 AM   #2
IrishCowboy
DIS Veteran

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list

have a great cruise!
Disney Fantasy 7-21-2012
Disney Magic 11-19-2011 - Back to Back
Disney Magic 11-12-2011
Carnival Dream 7-24-2011
Disney Magic 6-13-2009, Disney Magic 11-22-2008,
Disney Magic 3-17-2007, Disney Magic 7-22-2006,
Disney Magic 9-03-2005, Disney Magic 9-18-2004, Disney Magic 5-15-2004, Disney Magic 5-??-2003,
Disney Wonder 12-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-25-2002, Disney Magic 1-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-12-2001
IrishCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-17-2012, 03:40 PM   #3
Menada1115
Mouseketeer

I just booked this cruise today. We just got off of the Magic on 12/8 and loved it! I was hoping to do a March itinerary and do a day at WDW, but it's just too soon financially. So, we booked a little further out. A little sad that DCL has decided to leave Galveston. But, we'll hopefully get one more in before they go.
Looking forward to this group growing as it gets a little closer to our sail date...we're still a ways off.

Me DH DD(16) DS(14) DD(9) DD(3)

09/2005- POP
11/2009- POP
11/2010- Hilton Garden Inn @ Sea World
10/2011- POR
1/2012- POR
12/2012- Disney Cruise
11/2013- Disney Cruise
Menada1115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:59 AM   #4
kgundyfire
Earning My Ears

We will be on this cruise, just dh and myself. We are leaving in 2 days on the magic with the family. So excited. I am disappointed dcl has decided to leave Galveston seeing how we live close to Houston.

_
WDW as a kid ... 1985, 1996
WDW with my own kids ... Oct 2010
Our first Disney Cruise on the Disney Dream ... Sept 4, 2011
Our 2nd Disney Cruise on the Disney Magic ... Jan 4, 2013
Our Third Disney Cruise on the Disney Wonder ... Nov 2, 2013
kgundyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:42 PM   #5
loring
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone!We just booked this cruise.It will be just my husband and I.We are so excited!This is our first Disney cruise!We live in Dallas and are unhappy Disney is leaving Galveston as well.That is one reason we picked this cruise and because it will be during my b-day as well.
loring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:56 PM   #6
loring
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone!We just booked this cruise.It will be just my husband and I.We are so excited!This is our first Disney cruise!We live in Dallas and are unhappy Disney is leaving Galveston as well.That is one reason we picked this cruise and because it will be during my b-day as well.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:22 AM   #7
DanaG
Earning My Ears

Wonder - Nov 9th

Hi we are going on this cruise this November. This is our first Disney cruise and I have a few question.

How are the pools on the Wonder that time of year? We are bringing our 6 year old daughter and she loves to swim! I was wondering if the water would be to cold.

Traveling during the school year, does there seem to still be plenty of children on the ship? My 6 year old loves to play with other kids and I wasn't sure how many kids are usually on the ship during school.

Last question, I am booking our trip this week but I am undecided on which room I need to choose. I originally thought about a room on the 8th deck with a veranda. Then I thought maybe the 5th deck closer to the kids activities just in case my daughter wants to go there while I am getting ready for stuff. I am thought maybe I should just get an ocean view room instead of the veranda just in case my daughter gets out there without me noticing plus I really don't anticipate spending a lot of time in our room.

Thanks so much for any advice that you might have!! Over the last 2 years I have lost 91 lbs and this is my reward to myself I chose to go on a disney cruise because it seemed to offer so much for kids that will allow me to have plenty of time to myself and have some quality time with my husband!
DanaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:25 PM   #8
DCLShel
"Doesn't everyone have a 3-foot Mickey topiary in their house?"

Hello fellow cruisers! I will be sailing on this cruise with my DBF, Jane. This will be my 14th cruise on DCL. I am a member of the unofficial "Grand Slam Club" - ie -I've sailed on all four ships.

We're really excited about the itinerary! We went to Key West on our first cruise in 2004 and can't wait to go back!
Disney Fantasy: March, 2012 (Maiden Voyage); June, 2013;Disney Dream: Jan, 2011 (Maiden Voyage); Disney Magic: Oct, 2004; Oct, 2005; Aug, 2006; Oct, 2007; Sept, 2008; June, 2009; June, 2011 Disney Wonder:Oct, 2006; July, 2008, June, 2012; Nov, 2013 Platinum Baby!

DCLShel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:34 PM   #9
DCLShel
"Doesn't everyone have a 3-foot Mickey topiary in their house?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaG
Hi we are going on this cruise this November. This is our first Disney cruise and I have a few question.

How are the pools on the Wonder that time of year? We are bringing our 6 year old daughter and she loves to swim! I was wondering if the water would be to cold.

Traveling during the school year, does there seem to still be plenty of children on the ship? My 6 year old loves to play with other kids and I wasn't sure how many kids are usually on the ship during school.

Last question, I am booking our trip this week but I am undecided on which room I need to choose. I originally thought about a room on the 8th deck with a veranda. Then I thought maybe the 5th deck closer to the kids activities just in case my daughter wants to go there while I am getting ready for stuff. I am thought maybe I should just get an ocean view room instead of the veranda just in case my daughter gets out there without me noticing plus I really don't anticipate spending a lot of time in our room.

Thanks so much for any advice that you might have!! Over the last 2 years I have lost 91 lbs and this is my reward to myself I chose to go on a disney cruise because it seemed to offer so much for kids that will allow me to have plenty of time to myself and have some quality time with my husband!
The pools are heated so you shouldn't worry about the temperature. Besides, kids seem to always swim no matter what! There were kids in the pools on our Alaskan cruise.

No matter what time of year you cruise, there are always plenty of kids on the ship.

We usually stay on Deck 5 because on its central location on the ship. Room selection is a matter of personal taste. Everyone has different reasons for choosing different decks & stateroom types (inside, ocean view, verandah).

Congrats on your weight loss achievement! That is awesome!
Disney Fantasy: March, 2012 (Maiden Voyage); June, 2013;Disney Dream: Jan, 2011 (Maiden Voyage); Disney Magic: Oct, 2004; Oct, 2005; Aug, 2006; Oct, 2007; Sept, 2008; June, 2009; June, 2011 Disney Wonder:Oct, 2006; July, 2008, June, 2012; Nov, 2013 Platinum Baby!

DCLShel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:24 PM   #10
DanaG
Earning My Ears

Thanks!

Thanks DCLShel!!! We are so excited about this cruise! I think my little 6 year old daughter is going to have a fantastic time This online forum is so amazing, I have found so many tips for our first time!!

Can't wait to meet you all on the cruise!
DanaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:51 AM   #11
loring
Earning My Ears

We are so looking foward to meeting everyone!
Old 03-21-2013, 02:32 AM   #12
jknee74
Earning My Ears

Is there a fish extender group for the Galveston cruise Nov 9

Last edited by jknee74; 03-21-2013 at 04:01 AM.
jknee74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:53 AM   #13
jknee74
Earning My Ears

Nov 9

We just booked our FIRST cruise. This is me & my hubby 20th anniversary. I am beyond excited!! I will probably be on this board until we sail, trying to learn and get great tips. I didn't see anything about a secret Mickey or fish extender. I would love to be involved if there is.
jknee74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:20 PM   #14
Nanny2004
Mouseketeer

Mother/Daughter cruise to celebrate my birthday.

I just booked this cruise! It will be me and DD and we will be celebrating my birthday ! I sailed on the Magic last year for my birthday and did not book onboard because I didn't figure I would be able to cruise again in the near future. (I already had a WDW trip booked before the start of last year's cruise.) Now I wish I had booked a "just in case" cruise, because I have two cruises booked right now-this one in November & one next year in June. Probably would have saved some money. I wonder if I could rebook the one for next June while we are on the November cruise?

Nanny2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:44 PM   #15
violetmonarch
Mouseketeer

Hello all! I just switched our dummy date up from Feb 2014 to this one! So disappointed about losing DCL from Galveston, but hoping they can reconsider. Can hardly wait to go again, we were on the Magic in January this year and we had a blast! See you all soon! Also, is there a FE yet?

Disney Magic Western Caribbean 2013
violetmonarch is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: