Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 04:36 PM   #1471
buzz1121
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
Yeah, I've had pizza at Lou Malnati's and it was pretty amazing. They actually cook their deep dish in three stages.

As for Nebo... <sigh> I fear that we may have lost him forever to the lures and lusts of the celebrity lifestyle...

sad, really. He used to be just like you and me... which, now that I think about it isn't all that great either.

Maybe we could all meet up at Nebo and Smidgy's. You guys can go out for pizza with Nebo and Smidgy and I can go find a good steak!
buzz1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:22 PM   #1472
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstage_Gal View Post

I like cool Nebo, no dishonesty with hair.
AAAAyyyy!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2013, 11:03 AM   #1473
Thumper_Man's Wife
DIS Veteran

So I probably shouldn't make a comment about "Steak Diane" huh...
Sorry...Sorry...I'll go back to under my rock.

Before I do though, I have to say that T-Man and I love LC and always end up eating there when we visit. Of course we don't do the DDP, so it's always OOP. (Why is my paragraph turning into an eye chart?) But we were turned to the Cheddar Cheese Soup i believe from one of your past threads, and had to try it, so naturally our last trip we took before December, we all tried it and fell in love with it. It was just as good as before. I think mine was spiked with a little more beer than the last time, but nothing to complain about.

I'm a huge cookbook fanatic, so in December, we found a Disney cookbook, that has tons of recipes from all the different restaurants, and from some old restaurants no longer around. One of the recipes, happened to be the Cheddar Cheese Beer soup from LC. I've made it once so far, and it was to die for. The only thing that would have made it better was to have the pretzel bread. T-Man has found a recipe for that too. I haven't tried to make it yet. I'm a little scared to make bread.

Thumping Our Way Through Disneyland

We Hopped All The Way To Disneyland Just For Some Dis Meets
Thumper_Man's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:45 AM   #1474
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper_Man's Wife View Post
Of course we don't do the DDP, so it's always OOP. (Why is my paragraph turning into an eye chart?)

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
pkondz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:15 PM   #1475
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Quote:
I'm a huge cookbook fanatic, so in December, we found a Disney cookbook, that has tons of recipes from all the different restaurants, and from some old restaurants no longer around. One of the recipes, happened to be the Cheddar Cheese Beer soup from LC. I've made it once so far, and it was to die for. The only thing that would have made it better was to have the pretzel bread. T-Man has found a recipe for that too. I haven't tried to make it yet. I'm a little scared to make bread.
I made the mushroom risotto from LC a couple of times. It was delicious, but oh so labor intensive! You have to stir in small amounts of liquid at a time and stir, I think I spent 3 hours doing this and my back was killing me. It may just be long enough in the past (4-5 years) that I may try it again, a smaller batch though.It is also not cheap with the special rice and mushrooms and cream, but oh so goooood!
Old 03-29-2013, 02:55 PM   #1476
Thumper_Man's Wife
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstage_Gal

I made the mushroom risotto from LC a couple of times. It was delicious, but oh so labor intensive! You have to stir in small amounts of liquid at a time and stir, I think I spent 3 hours doing this and my back was killing me. It may just be long enough in the past (4-5 years) that I may try it again, a smaller batch though.It is also not cheap with the special rice and mushrooms and cream, but oh so goooood!
Tha soup took no time at all and was pretty cheap to make. The most expensive thing was the beer. I would love to try the risotto. I will have to break down one of these days and try to make it. I just haven't had the guts to try.

Thumping Our Way Through Disneyland

We Hopped All The Way To Disneyland Just For Some Dis Meets
Thumper_Man's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:47 PM   #1477
Backstage_Gal
I broke more than I used

Quote:
Tha soup took no time at all and was pretty cheap to make. The most expensive thing was the beer. I would love to try the risotto. I will have to break down one of these days and try to make it. I just haven't had the guts to try.
It's not hard to make, just time consuming and back breaking. I'll have to try the soup. Oh, and pretzel bread too. I love good bread.
Old 03-30-2013, 05:42 AM   #1478
jmm476
DIS Veteran

I had to come out of lurking to say I was thinking about Nebo yesterday... It's a family tradition that my mom started and I still engage in - listening to Jesus Christ Superstar on Good Friday. I remember Nebo saying how much he liked it. Was it the movie? Anyway- what's the buzz? Tell me what's a-happening.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
WDW Commando Member #75

No trip planned right now

My first dining review! Jan 2011
jmm476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:41 PM   #1479
nebo
sharkbait
Uh oh, this conversation isn't going as planned
All of you are welcome to come along

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmm476 View Post
I had to come out of lurking to say I was thinking about Nebo yesterday... It's a family tradition that my mom started and I still engage in - listening to Jesus Christ Superstar on Good Friday. I remember Nebo saying how much he liked it. Was it the movie? Anyway- what's the buzz? Tell me what's a-happening.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
It seems to me a strange thing Myyyystifying,,, that a a woman like you,,, can waste your time,,,,,on Dis threads,, of this kind!

And yes,,, Nebo still likes it, album better than the original movie. But there is an English I believe, playhouse stage version on video that is also incredible.

Ok,,, I'm in ttrouble here.
I have too much to babble aboout yet in the report,,,and not enough time to do so, so I'm going to have too limit callouts. Heather,,,, great line with the steak Diane,,, I have used that in the past as well.
Marita,,,, again,,, great job with the recipes.
I do want you to know that I did make toast the other day, all by myself. And I even buttered it by my lonesome.

Ponzi,,, thanks as always,,, don't know where I'd be without you, ditto for Mike and Heather.

Buzz,,, yeah,,, "don't you know I love you , you crazy kid?"

But I'm pretty sure the next chapter will include,
"Meeting the Thumps."
nebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:15 PM   #1480
Thumper_Man
DDC 684
Do we go left or to the second start on the right, straight on til morning?

Sitting at Margaritaville listening to Don't Put Me Down. We're laughing because of my recent re-write of the song. Singing my version at the table.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:16 AM   #1481
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

A true story

So I'm up at 4:45am.
Gotta let the dog out first... Rats. It's snowed... again!
Well, gotta get a few things taken care of first, then shovel before heading off to work.
Get ready, then... count all the mini-chocolate eggs (148) and the caramel eggs (48) (why? because we have to make sure they're accounted for so the dog doesn't eat any). Okay, now spend the next 45 minutes or so hiding them all.

Done.

I'm gonna be at work, so leave a note explaining that there's this many eggs and the Easter Bunny doesn't know how to open doors (no eggs in Mom n Dad's room, inside closets, etc), doesn't like stairs (no eggs in the basement), but can hop (look up, not just down).
Okay, now time to shovel before I head out. Open garage, grab shovel... and start to laugh.

That new fallen snow?

There's bunny tracks all over it.

Happy Easter everyone!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
Old 03-31-2013, 10:33 AM   #1482
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Happy Easter Everyone!

Jill in CO
Old 03-31-2013, 11:00 AM   #1483
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post

Old 03-31-2013, 02:08 PM   #1484
orangecats2
All I want is Disney, Crocs and Vera Bradley

Quote:
A true story

Well, gotta get a few things taken care of first, then shovel before heading off to work.
Get ready, then... count all the mini-chocolate eggs (148) and the caramel eggs (48) (why? because we have to make sure they're accounted for so the dog doesn't eat any). Okay, now spend the next 45 minutes or so hiding them all.

Done.

I'm gonna be at work, so leave a note explaining that there's this many eggs and the Easter Bunny doesn't know how to open doors (no eggs in Mom n Dad's room, inside closets, etc), doesn't like stairs (no eggs in the basement), but can hop (look up, not just down).
Okay, now time to shovel before I head out. Open garage, grab shovel... and start to laugh.

That new fallen snow?

Happy Easter everyone!
Well of course there were bunny tracks!! You just said he was hiding eggs at your house. and he can't fly

me DH and our many children
9/12 - CSR 4th Anniversary 9/09 - ASMo 1st Anniversary, 9/08 - ASSp Honeymoon
96, 87, 86, 83, 80, 79 - all offsite
Vegas: 95-Hacienda, 00-Excalibur, 01-Monte Carlo, 02-Luxor, 05-TI, 07-Tropicana, 10-NY NY
orangecats2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 04:16 PM   #1485
Backstage_Gal
I broke more than I used

Quote:
A true story

Done.

That new fallen snow?

Happy Easter everyone!
Love it! Happy Easter everyone!

Sadly the Easter Bunny doesnt visit my house anymore, sigh...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: