Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2013, 01:15 AM   #841
buzz1121
DIS Veteran

Okay, okay Nebo, so I took a little creative license with how often I thought about you yesterday. It's similar to what you do with sentence structure, spelling, and all other elements of the English language.

I really thought of you 999,999 times.

I was afraid that you would experience a lot of soreness today. I really hope that gets better for you soon. I will be glad to send you some ramen noodles and macaroni and cheese. For you, I will even splurge and buy the little containers of Velveeta mac and cheese instead of the Kraft cheese "sand" option. The Kraft variety tastes fine, but you deserve Velveeta after what you have been through. Yeesh, I really hope and pray you have some non-drama soon!

My worst non cleaning dental experience was my first at the age of 6. I had a tooth pulled and because my mouth was numb, I couldn't feel that I was biting my tongue. It was pretty bad, I had gauze for the hole in my gum and much more gauze for the wound on my tongue. I put a very literal twist on that whole "bite your tongue" phrase.

Last edited by buzz1121; 01-27-2013 at 04:19 PM.
buzz1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:26 AM   #842
buzz1121
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
I can't beleive I missed our anniversary!!!! yesterday ,k friday, jan 25 was 2 years smoke free!!!!

yay! I am so proud of us!!! and so happy for us!!! I never really imagined we would do it. I pictured us being smokers for the rest of our lives. I will NEVER go back!!! (we can't anyway, we can only afford ne or the other, smoking, or trips to disney!)
Congratulations Nebo and Smidgy! Two years is a terrific milestone!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2013, 02:07 AM   #843
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz1121 View Post
Okay, okay Nebo, so I took a little creative license with how often I thought about you yesterday. It's similar to what you do with sentence structure, spelling, and all other elements of the English language.

I really thought of you 999,999 times.

I was afraid that you would experience a lot of soreness today. I really hope that gets better for you soon. I will be glad to send you some ramen noodles and macaroni and cheese. For you, I will even splurge and buy the little containers of Velveeta mac and cheese instead of the Kraft cheese "sand" option. The Kraft variety tastes fine, but you deserve Velveeta after what you have been through. Yeesh, I really hope and pray you have some non-drama soon!
no worry, dee. I made sure he was taken care of. I made sure he had macaroni salad (his favorite), and cottage cheese,(which he loves) and apple sauce. plenty of ramen soup, as well as various others.

made sure I bought plenty of pudding snacks (both choc. and vanilla) and bought his favorite, French vanilla Ice cream. I made him mac and cheese.( he loves the Kraft mac and cheese)

I put some noodly hamburger helper in a bowl for him to heat up, and made sure thatthat, with all the other
"easy to chew" stuff was towards the front of the fridge, where he could see it easily. I put the ramen soup package in a bowl, with the spoon, out for him, so he woudn't have to search for it, a s well as a bowl for the ice cream, with a spoon and the ice cream scoop, and chocolate syrup,to make it very easy for him. I also offerred to make him scrambled eggs before I left.
wish I could have stayed home with him to help him out, but, alas I had to work last night. and tonight. but tomorrow I will make another easy to eat dish for him, spaghetti.

Last edited by smidgy; 01-27-2013 at 02:16 AM.
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:46 PM   #844
dvc at last !
DVC Member 2006!

Quote:
no worry, dee. I made sure he was taken care of. I made sure he had macaroni salad (his favorite), and cottage cheese,(which he loves) and apple sauce. plenty of ramen soup, as well as various others.

made sure I bought plenty of pudding snacks (both choc. and vanilla) and bought his favorite, French vanilla Ice cream. I made him mac and cheese.( he loves the Kraft mac and cheese)

I put some noodly hamburger helper in a bowl for him to heat up, and made sure thatthat, with all the other
"easy to chew" stuff was towards the front of the fridge, where he could see it easily. I put the ramen soup package in a bowl, with the spoon, out for him, so he woudn't have to search for it, a s well as a bowl for the ice cream, with a spoon and the ice cream scoop, and chocolate syrup,to make it very easy for him. I also offerred to make him scrambled eggs before I left.
wish I could have stayed home with him to help him out, but, alas I had to work last night. and tonight. but tomorrow I will make another easy to eat dish for him, spaghetti.
You are a great person and wife - another reason Nebo married you twice !

Take care.
'12-AKL~ '12-OKW~'13-OKW~'13-BCV~'14-OKW~
dvc at last ! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:54 PM   #845
cjlvsccm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy
I can't beleive I missed our anniversary!!!! yesterday ,k friday, jan 25 was 2 years smoke free!!!!
Way to go! Smoke-free is the way to be. ;-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dec'12/Jan'13, NYE at AoA!!!! ... Apr/May '12, DREAM! ... Nov '11, POR ... Jan '11, CSR ... Nov '10, POFQ ... May '10, POFQ & ... Nov '09, after seeing STS-129 launch!!!! ... June '09, POP ... Nov/Dec '08, ASMu ... Oct '06, POP ... Aug '00, FREE trip (friend's radio prize!!), stayed offsite ... Aug '89 daytrip
cjlvsccm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:08 PM   #846
nebo
sharkbait
Uh oh, this conversation isn't going as planned
All of you are welcome to come along

Quote:

yay! I am so proud of us!!! and so happy for us!!! I never really imagined we would do it. I pictured us being smokers for the rest of our lives. I will NEVER go back!!! (we can't anyway, we can only afford ne or the other, smoking, or trips to disney!)
Yeah baby,, I say we pick up a carton and celebrate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc at last ! View Post
You are a great person and wife - another reason Nebo married you twice !

Take care.
Yes,, she's a Martha Florence Nightingale Stewart.
nebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:17 PM   #847
buzz1121
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Smidgy, all of these meals sound great to me! You are so sweet and thoughtful in your care of Nebo. I know where to visit if I ever need to be taken care of!

Oldest DD loves ramen noodles, I keep a supply of them handy. I've thought about investigating stock options for them!

And don't worry too much about having to work while he's recovering. You did so much by leaving the food so handy for him. I'm sure he would rather your days off be for Disney trips!

Old 01-27-2013, 05:01 PM   #848
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monymony3471 View Post
I came here for a smile and once again you delivered. My day yesterday was I don't even have the words. A little boy had to be taken by ambulance from my classroom.

At the end of the day he had a seizure. One of those sit and stare kinds. I was trying to talk with him and his eyes were moving and lips were moving but he wasn't being responsive. Long story short he had a history but we were not told nor did parents list his condition on his emergency card.

SMH!

All I know he is stable and the hospital kept him over night for observation.

I cant stop replaying those last 20 minutes of the day.

Sidenote: hey hockey fans I have a friend whose son plays for the pros but in their minor leagues. He was just picked up by Scotland to play overseas; what does that mean for his career and how does that help him?
Wow! Rough day. Glad the little gaffer's gonna be okay. Ya know what you should do? Take a vacation! Maybe go to Disney! Yeah! That's it! How about in a couple of weeks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebo View Post
Uh oh, I feel a Dr. Frankenstein schtick coming on.
Either that or the birth of another Kardashian!
Ugh! Gack! Anything but that!

Quote:
"AS I sit here broken hearted, tried to defecate and only expelled some intestinal gas instead"
"but think of the man who took the chance,,, tried to expell some intestinal inner pressures and and created an unwanted fecal presence in side his trousers instead. "
Yeah, that's how I remembered it.

Quote:
My first thought was,, "who goes to the airport to buy life insurance? DOH!
Yup!

Quote:
Was that were you had this person on the phone at your complete mercy begging you to no hang up on them again when they are rude?
Yes,,, I remember,,,,
everything,,,, mbwahaha
Yes it was.
Ya know... you're kinda scary.

On so many levels.

Quote:
You're saying she goes on the stringer with the other bullheads? I MEAN Blue Gills,,,yeah, blue gills,,, oh, crappie,, I did it again, now she'll go back to that piano tuna again, but even though I lobster before, I flounder and I can do it again, so I'm not goiing to go into a state of shark. Ok, time to cut the carp.
Oh my cod. That was eely bad. I sea what you're trying to do but I'm not going to take the bait.

Quote:
If he's still only 19 or 20,,, I'd say it's an excellent career move for him,,,many players come from over there.
I don't know for sure whether it's an excellent move or not, but my gut tells me that it would be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by margymas View Post
Ladies and gentlemen (and I use the latter nomenclature loosely)
I'm sorry, did you just say you were loose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjlvsccm View Post
Starting about 5 days in.... Low fever (attributed to the existing infection), red face and swollen lip (attributed to the steam inhaler that was supposed to help the congestion and cough), bit of a rash around lip and upper chest (attributed to Vicks vapo-rub), worse cough and difficulty breathing (attributed to weak lungs and the respiratory infection just not getting better), difficulty sleeping (attributed to the continuous coughing fits and congestion that would not go away), until finally the rash showed up all over.
Wow! Glad you're on the mend now.

Quote:
a two foot hunk of gauze sticking out of my mouth. (yes,, I know it was only one foot yesterday,,, in five years from now it will be 6 foot).
I had a hunk of gauze that was this big.

Quote:
Hey! That's great you guys. Way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz1121 View Post
My worst non cleaning dental experience was my first at the age of 6. I had a tooth pulled and because my mouth was numb, I couldn't feel that I was biting my tongue. It was pretty bad, I had gauze for the hole in my gum and much more gauze for the wound on my tongue. I put a very literal twist on that whole "bite your tongue" phrase.
Talk about adding insult to injury!

Quote:

ummm.... could you come over to my house next?

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
pkondz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:54 PM   #849
nebo
sharkbait

Good news, I'm finally working on a new chapter again.
Wish I could remember what it was about though.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:16 PM   #850
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Good news, I'm finally working on a new chapter again.
Wish I could remember what it was about though.
Chapter? Oh, I remember. You were talking about grocery stores and your inability to do simple math.

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
Old 01-27-2013, 08:10 PM   #851
dvc at last !
DVC Member 2006!

The dentist took your tooth - not your mind ?
'12-AKL~ '12-OKW~'13-OKW~'13-BCV~'14-OKW~
dvc at last ! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:25 PM   #852
nebo
sharkbait

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
Chapter? Oh, I remember. You were talking about grocery stores and your inability to do simple math.
Oh yes, thank you for reminding me of my stupidity. You rank right up there with the voice in my car that says,,,"The door is ajar,,, the door is ajar."
Yes,,, that is helpfull also..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc at last ! View Post
The dentist took your tooth - not your mind ?
Whoa, even you,, an underhanded, behind the back stab you don't see coming?
Well done! Keep it up!
Old 01-27-2013, 11:34 PM   #853
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Oh yes, thank you for reminding me of my stupidity. You rank right up there with the voice in my car that says,,,"The door is ajar,,, the door is ajar."

I thought the door was a door? It's a jar? That's just... odd.

Well done! Keep it up!
I saw that. Brought a tear to my eye.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:38 AM   #854
Xclusive2WDW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Yeah baby,, I say we pick up a carton and celebrate!
Smidgy, please, allow me. . . ummmm NO!

Quote:

Quote:

Well done! Keep it up!

Quote:
I saw that. Brought a tear to my eye.
Computer: $200; Internet access: $19.95/mo.; Busting a gut laughing and the antics of Nebo and Ponzi: PRICELESS!!!
Commando Member #216
Lord, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Xclusive2WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:46 AM   #855
mmeb144

My husband KNOWS I'm a Disney Maniac
MM is the coolest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xclusive2WDW View Post
Computer: $200; Internet access: $19.95/mo.; Busting a gut laughing and the antics of Nebo and Ponzi: PRICELESS!!!
Just what I was thinking.

We may never get a chapter at this rate....

Mar '87 Offsite, Mar '89 Contemporary, Sept '91 CBR, Mar '92 Dolphin, Sept '97 Polynesian, Dec '00 CBR, May '03 CBR, Jan '04 WL, Oct '04 POFQ, Feb '05 WL, Dec '05 Contemporary, Feb '07 POFQ, Dec '07 CBR, June '08 Disneyland, Nov '08 Buena Vista Suites, Dec '09 CSR, Dec '10 POFQ, June '12 POFQ, Dec '13 Caribe Royale/POFQ, May '14 ASMusic
mmeb144 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: