Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2013, 05:23 PM   #1531
nowellsl
my car finds out everytime I have money

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
Deal... PM on the way.
Great, just some advice (learned the hard way) Be sure to cover the grits when they're cooking! When they boil they start popping ...... and they're very hot ...... and it goes everywhere
nowellsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:45 PM   #1532
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowellsl View Post
Great, just some advice (learned the hard way) Be sure to cover the grits when they're cooking! When they boil they start popping ...... and they're very hot ...... and it goes everywhere
Oh sure. Now you tell me... after you've scored on the Wunderbar/Grits deal.

We don't have lids in Canada. The extreme cold keeps everything in its place.

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
pkondz is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2013, 11:53 PM   #1533
nebo
sharkbait
Uh oh, this conversation isn't going as planned
All of you are welcome to come along

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowellsl View Post
You know,, every time I see a cooking reference that comes out of nowellsl,,, I can't help but think she's digging at me. Man, you almost start ONE little fire at a Disney World Showcase Restalurant,,, and you're branded for life.

And yes,,, I'm not going to let is go away,,,,it's just going to hjave to wait I guess till we get back.
BOY I can't get along with those cooks at Teppanedo!

Wouldn't you think that if I was going to have a problem with a Disney cast member in the restaurant business there I'd be better off picking a guy who runs an icecream cart, rather than the knife jugglers?
nebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:12 AM   #1534
buzz1121
DIS Veteran

Hey Nebo!

You're green and not from being sick I hope!!

Are you packing? Watch out for the crabby cabbie!

Pkondz, if I can give you a little advice on the grits.....if you have never eaten them before, please consider adding salt, butter, and cheese to them. They are also good when scrambled eggs and bacon and mixed up in them. Just some friendly Southern advice from your ole pal Buzz.

And most grits are pretty inexpensive. My DS loves Quaker instant cheese grits for a quick grits fix.
buzz1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:24 AM   #1535
nebo
sharkbait
Uh oh, this conversation isn't going as planned
All of you are welcome to come along

Hi

Quote:
h'okay.
Been away from the 'puter for a bit, except for regularly scheduled maintenance. But i've got a good excuse.

Elle turned 16 the other day. We threw her a big surprise party (she was beyond shocked... I don't think she realized what happened until the next day). Had a few other odds and ends and... Anyway, time to catch up.

yes, i noticed your abcess, i thought maybe you were mad at me and not posting anymore.
Maybe that thought can be rivisited?

this was just.... Weird. I hadn't watched a mash episode for at least a couple of months. So i had a few recorded and decided to watch a couple (the one where the whole unit "adopts" a baby and the one where charles gets "married" while on a bender in tokyo). After i turned off the tv i logged on here and what do you post?

The similarities are starting to frighten me just a little bit...

i still watch it a lot, but it isn't on quite as much as it used to be,,, have to work at it now. And for secondary characters on the show,,, weren't sydney and colonial flagg just incredible?

that's when the lineman, linebacker and defensive back all get to you at the same time.

as spoonerisms go,, i liked "tridesacked"

oh, don't worry. You don't have to do a thing to ruin the chapter. Just be yourself.

oh , thank you for your support, i feel much better now. I'll try to remember that.

there. Now aren't i helpful?

yes, you were. Very.

if i go back in time and kill my grandfather, how could i have been born if my father was never born so how could i go back to kill my grandfather?

Better play it safe and go back in time and rub out nebo's grandfather and see what happens.

Because he was going to become a master of disguise and god was worried he'd try to sneak all 1000 faces into heaven when he wasn't looking.

ok, very good, but you left off the part where one of his ancestors became dick cheney,, who was the scariest of all.

more commas

yup.

More.

you trying to say i overdo the comma experience?
Fine: Just wait till you see another comma!

they are more fun to write, aren’t they?

definately;;;; nothing shuts down a cool chapter quicker than having to post pictures.

i shall treasure this moment always.

It was on a thursday. The sun was particularly pleasant that day. Warm, without being too arid. The sky was an azure canvas.

it was a one timer. Enjoy it.

that’s what’s nice about the internet. Once it’s out there, it’s out there forever.

Just ask pam anderson or paris hilton.

or coppertone nebo

i’d risk saying that you don’t have a monopoly on that.

Sorry.

(so, has everyone played all four games just mentioned?

i think you need an operation on your chess.

i dunno. She’s pretty feisty still.
Hmmm… did you mention mrs. Peacock?

that's the one i couldn't think of.

on a related note. We watched “oz the great and powerful” not too long ago…

meh.

i didn't see it, but could they get somebody more boring thatn james franco to play oz? I love sam raimi,,, and thinking of it now,,, bruce campell would have made an incredible oz.

ruh roh,,, out of time right now.

nebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:31 AM   #1536
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

This is totally unrelated to anything on this thread, just have to share my shock and awe!

Hubby loves the Beatles, and Paul McCartney is opening his tour in Orlando in May (gossip insert, his GF's kid attends college at the private Winter Park collge and I read today he loves that town)

Hubby is dying to see him

Anyway, so the mayor annouced this on Monday, hubby mentioned he wated to go yesterday, of course all was sold out, except for nosebleed sections on scalper sites)

They apparently opened the next day today, Sunday night.toclets available for front seat section, YAY!

Two tickets: $4,000 So no deal there

Lower bowl: $900! Hubby better be listening to his CD's, no Paul for him
Old 04-13-2013, 01:00 AM   #1537
smidgy
dimples

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZkbtP-t_D8

a little instruction about cooking grits, from My cousin vinny

"no self respecting Southerner uses instant grits" lol
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:07 AM   #1538
smidgy
dimples

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYoYPJ5uwFg

preamble to previous youtube video.
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:32 AM   #1539
hushupu
Mouseketeer

I'm finally all caught up and I was 2 reports behind. Life got in the way and I was away from the Dis for a while. Great job Nebo and Smidgy and the whole crew. It's amazing how much these trip reports are a community effort. They just wouldnt be the same without every ones contributions.
hushupu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:38 AM   #1540
nowellsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebo View Post
You know,, every time I see a cooking reference that comes out of nowellsl,,, I can't help but think she's digging at me. Man, you almost start ONE little fire at a Disney World Showcase Restalurant,,, and you're branded for life.

I don't know what you're talking about hehehe

Wouldn't you think that if I was going to have a problem with a Disney cast member in the restaurant business there I'd be better off picking a guy who runs an icecream cart, rather than the knife jugglers?
Just to be on the safe side, you may want to stay away from Japan on this trip, they may have your face on a poster ........

When are you guys leaving??
Old 04-13-2013, 10:57 AM   #1541
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz1121 View Post
Pkondz, if I can give you a little advice on the grits.....if you have never eaten them before, please consider adding salt, butter, and cheese to them. They are also good when scrambled eggs and bacon and mixed up in them. Just some friendly Southern advice from your ole pal Buzz.

And most grits are pretty inexpensive. My DS loves Quaker instant cheese grits for a quick grits fix.
I'll be using Steph's recipe which has salt, butter, cheese, eggs and bacon in them.

As for inexpensive... I guess Steph will find out how much it costs to buy and mail them.

Is it 'them' or 'it'?

Quote:
yes, i noticed your abcess, i thought maybe you were mad at me and not posting anymore.
Maybe that thought can be rivisited?
That thought was riveting? Well, I guess I need to post even more!!

(I think I just heard Nebo all the way from Chicago, "Nooooooooooo.....!!!!!")

Quote:
And for secondary characters on the show,,, weren't sydney and colonial flagg just incredible?
Yup. I didn't appreciate Flagg until later... but he was great. No surprise they had him back for 7 episodes.

Quote:
ok, very good, but you left off the part where one of his ancestors became dick cheney,, who was the scariest of all.

Quote:
you trying to say i overdo the comma experience?
Fine: Just wait till you see another comma!
Nope. I said that pretty soon you'd put yourself into a coma.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz the great and powerful View Post
on a related note. We watched “oz the great and powerful” not too long ago…

meh.
i didn't see it, but could they get somebody more boring thatn james franco to play oz? I love sam raimi,,, and thinking of it now,,, bruce campell would have made an incredible oz.
I had to google Bruce Campell but recognized him when I saw his pic.
But imagine my surprise when I looked at his recent credits.

He was in Oz the Great and Powerful as the Gate Keeper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstage_Gal View Post
Two tickets: $4,000 So no deal there

Lower bowl: $900! Hubby better be listening to his CD's, no Paul for him
That's ridiculous. Isn't McCartney the wealthiest musician alive right now? Kid Rock was just in the news complaining about Stones tickets being $650 each. He's doing a tour where all tickets are $20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post

At work again... so can't see the video... again...
But I'll check it out when I get home.

Thanks in advance Smidgy.

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
pkondz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:08 PM   #1542
buzz1121
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post

"Magic grits".....I love it!!!

I get a kick out of "My Cousin Vinny" any time I watch it. That's a perfect clip Smidgy.

But unlike the clip, self respecting southern moms of three do use instant grits from time to time to conserve time and preserve sanity!

Quote:

I'll be using Steph's recipe which has salt, butter, cheese, eggs and bacon in them.

As for inexpensive... I guess Steph will find out how much it costs to buy and mail them.

Is it 'them' or 'it'?
You've got an excellent plan Pkondz. Stick with Stephanie's recipe. Grits can be somewhat tricky to prepare, especially the first couple of times. Some people like them on the thicker side. I prefer my grits on the thinner side, not watery mind you, but less paste-like.

I can't wait to hear what you think of them.

And to me, yes the word of choice in reference to grits, is them.
buzz1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:45 PM   #1543
nowellsl

As much as I'd like to take credit, the grits recipe isn't mine.... I normally just cook them and add cheddar cheese. I might add some garlic next time, that sounds good! I usually add a little more water than it calls for, I like them more on the thin side as well! Then you have to have a fish fry, because fried fish and cheese grits are the best

Pkondz, you're scaring me on the shipping costs Oh well, I'll borrow from my retirement fund if I need to
Old 04-14-2013, 12:03 AM   #1544
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Update to the totally unrelated to this thread post"

Paul McCartney added another day to his tour, and my daughter scored two tickets on floor 6 for a mere $250 each. I will not be going, hubby will go with my daughter. Hubby's life long hero, glad he can go. It would make for a great family night out with DD and her Fiancée, but not for $1K plus dinner and parking and souvenirs ( I am sure tee shirts will be involved).

Anyway, very pricey, but hubby is a life long fan, so I am happy he can go.

Last edited by Backstage_Gal; 04-14-2013 at 12:07 AM. Reason: come to think of it, $250 is not too far off a room at Disney
Backstage_Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:07 AM   #1545
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstage_Gal View Post
Update to the totally unrelated to this thread post"

Paul McCartney added another day to his tour, and my daughter scored two tickets on floor 6 for a mere $250 each. I will not be going, hubby will go with my daughter. Hubby's life long hero, glad he can go. It would make for a great family night out with DD and her Fiancée, but not for $1K plus dinner and parking and souvenirs ( I am sure tee shirts will be involved).

Anyway, very pricey, but hubby is a life long fan, so I am happy he can go.
Pricey but a once in a lifetime opportunity. I'm really jealous.

Jill iin CO

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: