Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2013, 03:48 PM   #1
mike the canuck
DIS Veteran

Talking Procrastinated Video/Pic Dec 2012 Engagement Celebration Trip Report

Hello and welcome everyone! I'm Mike and this is my December 2012 trip report which I have procrastinated long enough. It is going to be a hybrid of video and pictures. I tried to record as much video as I could on this trip. For shooting video and pictures I used my Canon Rebel T2i and my cellphone.

This report features my fiancée, Nicole and myself.

We had just gotten engaged the day before we left for our trip so it was an extra special celebration.
This was Nicole's 2nd trip to WDW and my 12th.
We stayed at Disney's Art of Animation this trip in the Little Mermaid section.

I hope you enjoy the report
1990 Offsite (I think?) - 1992 Port Orleans - 1993 Dixie Landings - 1996 All-Star Sports - Nov 1999 Disney Institute - Nov 2001 Offsite (Sheraton Vistana) - June 2006 Grosvenor Resort - Christmas 2007 Regal Sun Resort - Sept 2010 Pop Century - Dec 2012 AOA

Last edited by mike the canuck; 07-30-2013 at 12:54 PM.
mike the canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:49 PM   #2
mike the canuck
DIS Veteran

Table of Contents

Day 1 - December 3/12 - Arriving at AOA and the MK http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...24&postcount=3
Day 2 - December 4/12 - Part 1 http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...87&postcount=6
Day 2 - December 4/12 - Part 2 http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...87&postcount=6
Day 3 - December 5/12 - Part 1 http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...8&postcount=11
Day 3 - December 5/12 - Part 2 http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...8&postcount=12
Day 4 - December 6/12 - Part 1 http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...0&postcount=15
Day 4 - December 6/12 - Part 2 http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...7&postcount=16
Day 5 - December 7/12 - Magic Kingdom & Epcothttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...3&postcount=19
Day 6 - December 8/12 - Animal Kingdomhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...0&postcount=21
1990 Offsite (I think?) - 1992 Port Orleans - 1993 Dixie Landings - 1996 All-Star Sports - Nov 1999 Disney Institute - Nov 2001 Offsite (Sheraton Vistana) - June 2006 Grosvenor Resort - Christmas 2007 Regal Sun Resort - Sept 2010 Pop Century - Dec 2012 AOA

Last edited by mike the canuck; 12-15-2013 at 04:11 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2013, 04:37 PM   #3
mike the canuck
DIS Veteran

Red face Day 1 - Dec 3th, 2012

Day 1 - December 3th, 2012
So let's get this report started. Here is the video for day 1 of our "engagement celebration" trip.
http://youtu.be/-dwZI_uiZmQ

I'll fill in what's not in the video with some pictures.

Nicole and I stayed over the night before at a hotel across from Buffalo airport. We got up the morning of Dec 6th and caught our Delta flight at 6am.

We had a layover in Atlanta and we arrived in Orlando around noon. We then hopped on the Magical Express and were on our way to Disney's Art of Animation

We loved AOA. It was a great resort. We explored a little bit when we arrived.

We grabbed some lunch in the Landscape of Flavors food court while we waited for our room. We split the "Surf n' Surf" burger. It was really good.

After we got our room we grabbed a bus to the Magic Kingdom

We had an ADR for Crystal Palace. We were excited to have a buffet dinner for our first table service meal.

I enjoyed the food there. I was a big fan of the mac 'n cheese....mmmm...

I made sure I saved lots of room for dessert. It all was sooo good.

After dinner we had some Fastpasses for the Jungle Cruise that we had scored before dinner. So we hit that up for our first ride of the trip.

We then hit up Big Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain. Both had minimal wait times. It was fantastic.

Nicole and I then went to explore what was open of New Fantasyland. It wasn't officially open until Dec 6 but Journey of the Little Mermaid had a soft opening that night.

We also got our picture taken with Gaston. I told him, "It's nice to meet you." He replied with, "Yes it is. The pleasure is all yours." lol

We watched Wishes after that then headed back to AOA we were very tired after a long travel day. We did share a snack before bed from the food court. Some pizza, salad and an oreo Mickey cupcake

Continued in next post

Last edited by mike the canuck; 08-05-2013 at 07:55 AM.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:43 AM   #4
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Great pics!
Old 07-30-2013, 12:28 PM   #5
mike the canuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Great pics!
Thank you very much!

Last edited by mike the canuck; 08-20-2013 at 02:26 PM.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:58 AM   #6
mike the canuck
DIS Veteran

Day 2 - December 4th, 2012 - Part 1

Day 2 - December 4th, 2012 - Part 1
Alrighty everyone! Here is the video for day 2:
http://youtu.be/U4t77015Eb8

And here are some photos from the day.
We got up around 7am and tried to get to the Animal Kingdom for rope drop.

The crowds were not too bad at the park that morning

We headed over to Asia to grab some fast passes for EE

We then hit up Kilimanjaro Safaris which you can check out in the video

It was then time for our EE fastpasses. We were pumped!

LUNCH TIME!!! I was very excited to try the Flame Tree BBQ and I was not disappointed.

I had the 1/2 slab of St. Louis ribs and Nicole had the smoked turkey breast

I had the Chocolate mousse and Nicole had the Key Lime

When we were finished with that tasty lunch we went to Camp Minnie Mickey to see the Festival of the Lion King which you can see in the video. We had never seen the show before and we were both really impressed.

Continued in next post

Last edited by mike the canuck; 08-05-2013 at 09:03 AM.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:08 AM   #7
BDL
DIS Veteran

Following.

Awesome report so far. I love your reactions on the rollercoaster pics. And don't feel bad about procrastinating. We were there 12/7/12-12/13/12, and I still haven't done our trip report either.

BDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:08 AM   #8
mike the canuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDL View Post
Following.

Awesome report so far. I love your reactions on the rollercoaster pics. And don't feel bad about procrastinating. We were there 12/7/12-12/13/12, and I still haven't done our trip report either.
Thanks! Can't wait to see your trip report when you start it up.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:25 AM   #9
mike the canuck
DIS Veteran

Day 2 - December 4th, 2012 - Part 2

After FOTL we went to go meet some characters

We then hit up DinoLand U.S.A. We grabbed some fastpasses for Primeval Whirl and then we rode on Dinosaur.

It was time to use our Primeval Whirl Fastpasses. This was our first time riding Primeval Whirl. Not too bad. We enjoyed it.

We did some shopping before heading out.

Someone killed Tinkerbell

We then left the park and took the bus to Saratoga Springs and then took the Sassagoula to Downtown Disney

We had tickets for La Nouba that night so we picked them up from will-call

After grabbing the tickets we headed to Fulton's Crab House for dinner.

We had the Louis Fulton's Ultimate Crab and Lobster Experience
It was fantastic

Hidden Mickey watermark

Nicole had the crème brulee for dessert

I had an ice cream cookie sunday... so good

It was then time for our La Nouba show. I took a picture of the stage and a selfie and got shut down by an usher. Apparently you can't take pictures before the show either.

The show was really great.
During the show one of the trapeze artists fell into the net. That part was a little scary but he got up and attempted his jump again and made it. The performers were so talented and amazing.

After the show we did some shopping and then headed back to the resort for some sleep.

Continued in next post
Old 08-16-2013, 11:51 AM   #10
mike the canuck
DIS Veteran

I am currently working on the video for "Day 3"
Old 08-25-2013, 04:41 PM   #11
mike the canuck
DIS Veteran

Smile Day 3 - December 5th, 2012 - Part 1

Here is the video for day 3! Enjoy!
http://youtu.be/ItfFw45aWhQ

We got up around 7am again to catch the bus to go to Hollywood Studios

It felt like we got there in no time. It think it is the closest park to AOA.

We made the dash to Toy Story Mania and scored some Fast Passes for 1:30pm. Not too shabby. We then ate some breakfast on Sunset Boulevard and grabbed some Fast Passes to the Rock 'n' Rollercoaster.

We then hit up Star Tours. It was our first time riding it since it was refurbished. We were actually there on the last day it was operating in 2010.

Being a big Star Wars fan i loved it!

After Star Tours we rode the Rock 'n' Rollercoaster which was awesome as always. It is possibly my favourite ride a WDW.

We were getting pretty hungry again so we decided to eat lunch at the ABC Comissonary. We had never eaten there before. It was really nice. A very relaxing place to chill and eat.

Nicole had the Angus Cheeseburger and I had the Angus Cheeseburger and Fried Shrimp...mmmm... Fried Shrimp

Nicole had the Strawberry Parfait for dessert

and I had the seasonal Gingerbread cupcake... it was so good.

After lunch we headed over to Pixar Place to use our TSM FastPasses

You can check out how we did in the Day 3 video

We grabbed a drink after and went to go check out the Animation Courtyard

We decided to do the drawing class and it was one of the best things we did on our trip. It was alot of fun. Nicole was kind of nervous about drawing around other people but was really pleased with how her drawing turned out.

Continued in next post

Last edited by mike the canuck; 08-25-2013 at 04:49 PM.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:53 AM   #12
mike the canuck
DIS Veteran

Talking Day 3 - December 5th, 2012 - Part 2

I saw this in the gift shop. I wanted it so bad... and still do

We took another ride on the Rock 'n' Rollercoaster. Dr. Evil pose this time around.

It was then time for our ADR at 50's Prime Time Cafe.

Nicole and I split an order of Beer Battered Onion Rings

and we also split the Sampling of Mom's Favourite Recipes which included fried chicken, Pot roast, and meatloaf. We were so tired and hungry. We destroyed it.

We headed back to the Art of Animation resort for a swim before bed. It was a little cool out but I went swimming anyway.

We grabbed a snack before bed at the Landscape of Flavours food court. Nicole had a mango smoothie and I had a chocolate gelato.

We were certainly exhausted after that fun and long day.

Continued in next post
Old 08-27-2013, 04:47 AM   #13
jojosam
Mouseketeer

What a great way to do a trip report! My focus will be on still shots during our next trip (24 days!!!), but the video is fantastic! Can't wait to see more! Congrats on your engagement!
jojosam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:23 PM   #14
mike the canuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojosam View Post
What a great way to do a trip report! My focus will be on still shots during our next trip (24 days!!!), but the video is fantastic! Can't wait to see more! Congrats on your engagement!
Thank you! And thanks for following along hope you have lots of fun on your trip!
Old 09-16-2013, 06:19 AM   #15
mike the canuck
DIS Veteran

Talking Day 4 - December 6th, 2012 - Part 1

Hey everyone! Here is the video for Day 4 Part 1.
http://youtu.be/xnloXUA60Zk

We did a lot on this day. So much I had to make 2 videos. Part 2 will be coming soon.

So lets get started on this busy fun filled day.

Well just like every morning in Disney I like to wake up and watch a little Stacey and some Must Do Disney while we get ready.

After we were all ready to go we grabbed a bus from the Art of Animation to the Magic kingdom.

We were heading there to watch the official opening ceremony for New Fantasyland. I thought this would be a really cool experience to witness. And it was.

I really enjoyed the show they put on. It was hosted by Once Upon a Time star, Ginnifer Goodwin. Jordan Sparks was also there performing a medley of Disney songs. She was really great. Tom Staggs was there as well. You can check out the ceremony in the video.
http://youtu.be/xnloXUA60Zk

After the ceremony we headed out of the park. We checked out some merchandise in the shops on our way down Main Street.

We exited the Magic Kingdom and hopped on the Monorail to the TTC so we could head to Epcot. The Epcot monorail line was down so we had to take the bus.

Once we arrived in Epcot we decided it was time for lunch. We headed to The Land Pavilion to grab some grub.

We scored a pair of fast passes for Soarin' before we got food.

We then went to Sunshine Seasons for lunch. I had the Turkey with Monterey Jack and Nicole had the Mongolian beef Asian noodles. Both were very tasty.

Nicole had an Apple Caramel crunch for dessert and I had a red velvet cookie.... Everything was so good.

After we finished our lunch we hopped on Living With Land for a ride. You can check that our in the video.
After our ride on Living with the Land we headed over to the Imagination pavilion.

We took a ride on Journey into Imagination with Figment. And then watched some Captain EO. I am fan of the Captain EO film.

It was then time to hit up Club Cool for some tasty beverages. You can see Nicole's reaction to Beverly in the video

We then started our way around World Showcase Lagoon. We stopped off in Mexico, Germany, Italy, American Adventure and Japan.

In Japan, Nicole took part in the Pick a Pearl ceremony. She really enjoyed it. She ended up picking a pearl with a size of 7&1/2. I had pre bought a carriage necklace prior to the trip from eBay. It looked really nice once placed inside.

Continued in next post

Last edited by mike the canuck; 09-16-2013 at 06:38 AM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: