Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2012, 11:29 AM   #106
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Day 4 – August 16, 2012 Continued

We left off leaving the room for our dinner ADR at Ohana! I wanted a picture of the both of us, so we stopped along the way and set up the camera on a trash can. You can see it was still pretty wet from the downpour!

We went in the Great Ceremonial House and up the stairs.

Our ADR was for 5, which is when the open up for dinner. The first thing I noticed was that they moved the check in desk! It’s over on the other side of the lobby than right near the bar. The line to check in was crazy long. I’m talking almost back to the doors to go out to the monorail! There were also two lines. One was for people with an ADR and the other was for people without an ADR. Both were equally long. Right at 5, all the CM’s came out and they did a little song and dance welcoming everyone for dinner. It was cute. Here’s how far back we were..

We were right in line with Kona Café across the lobby.

Finally, we made it up to the desk and got our pager. We stood over to the side closer to the bar for awhile until a table opened up to sit down and get some drinks.

While we were waiting for a table by the bar, we saw a wedding party downstairs!

How exciting to have your wedding at WDW! I always dreamed of that, but it would be so expensive to do and not everyone would be able to come. So, we decided that in 5 or 10 years, we will renew our vows at WDW!

Finally, a table opened up by the windows right next to the bar.

I had another Raspberry Rain and DH had a beer. About 15-20 minutes later, our pager went off. I made sure to request a table by the window with a MK view, so our CM mentioned that as he walked us in. But, when we got to the table, he saw that someone else was already eating there! He got very flustered and apologized and gave us the table right next to them. It was fine with us; we are easy to please! Plus, I could still see the Castle just fine. We also had the perfect view of the coconut race. We talked about how much fun Little Guy had when we ate breakfast there with Kristen and Chris. He kept yelling Alllllooooooooooha and Kristen could hear him across the restaurant! Ha!

The guy walking around on the microphone asked if anyone was there celebrating a honeymoon or anniversary. We stood up and two other couples stood up. He asked us to come over, and us three couples danced while he played and sang a slow song. It was cute. Then, we had to tell him how long we’ve been married. It worked out because we were in order! Us: 5 days. Everyone said “Awwww!” The next couple: 15 years. The next couple: 35 years. Both couples hugged and congratulated us as we said goodbye to each other. It was such a neat experience.

After that, the little girl at the table next to us was infatuated with us the entire meal. She kept saying to her mom, “Mommy! They got married!” We heard quite a few little kids saying that the whole trip once they saw our buttons.

The food was great as usual. I think we had seconds of everything!

After we ate, we went downstairs and picked up the packages we had sent to the Resort and took them to the room. I also changed into a different dress because I had overpacked and wanted to wear everything I brought. Ha! We walked to the TTC and hopped on the express monorail to the MK. Being that close to the TTC was so perfect!

I have to admit, every time we are walk into the MK, I have those excited butterflies in my stomach. The MK will always be my favorite park, no matter how old I get! I took this picture and sent it back home and to Kristen:

I think I probably skipped in just about every time. DH just laughed at me. I took some pictures as we walked to Tomorrowland.

I think we cut through the Noodle Station just about every time!

There were still FP’s available for Space Mountain! The return time was 9 – 10! I think this was when I said to DH, “Let me get a picture of you getting them for my trip report.” He just laughed at me.

What did we ride next? I wasn’t giving up a chance to ride the People Mover!

The sun looked neat behind the Castle.

Up the People Mover ramp we went. Evidently DH had the camera at this time because that is me!

*Continued in next post*
Old 12-31-2012, 11:30 AM   #107
tinkgurl

*Continued from previous*

I thought DH was taking a normal picture of me, but noooo, he had to try and be all artistic and zoomed in so the words were right behind me. Gee thanks.

Glimpse of the Contemporary!

We were going by the Carousel of Progress when the ride stopped! I could see Chip and Dale doing a meet and greet. I tried to zoom in on them, but my camera decided to not cooperate and this is what I got:

We didn’t sit there too long before we started moving again. One of my first hidden Mickey’s that I found:

We saw that Buzz was only 20 minutes, so we got in line.

They put up a wall separating the FP line!

I think this hidden Mickey is so cute!

Had to take this for Little Guy:

We still had some time before our FP’s, so I wanted to go do PhilharMagic.

We stopped by the teacups so I could try and get a picture of the Fantasyland construction. Again, my camera decided not to cooperate:

The new Winnie the Pooh line is so cute!

I had to take this picture for my parents and Sis. We are so sad it is not called Mrs. Potts’ anymore!

It just looks so different without Dumbo and Ariel’s Grotto!

PhilharMagic was actually packed!

Like usual, I sang along and danced to every song. And we giggled as the kids all tried to reach out and grab the jewels during Ariel’s part.

We had a few more minutes until it was 9, so we grabbed some water and sat at a table outside Cosmic Ray’s so I could catch up on my TR notes. By the time I was done, we could go get in line. It was worth the FP because the stand-by line was long!

We decided to call it a night and headed towards Main Street. As we walked through the Noodle Station, the Main Street EP was just getting done. It was crazy getting out, but we made it! Instead of riding the monorail, we decided to ride the boat back.

It took awhile because we had to stop at the GF first, but as we pulled up to our dock, Wishes was just starting. We found a bench on the dock and watched the rest. Bad idea. The bugs were so bad! I had bug bites all over my legs the next day!

We stopped by Capt. Cook’s to get some snacks before heading back to our room. We were so tired, I think we hardly ate any of it!

Up next: Epcot Day!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-31-2012, 11:47 AM   #108
MEK
DIS Veteran

I can't see pics right now (restricted computer), so I'll stop back later to see them. But your dinner sounds great and I'm glad you got such a perfect seat. And how nice to have a special tribute to those celebrating honeymoons and anniversaries.

I can appreciate the whole "overpacking"thing as my suitcase as weigh-in was 49.5 lbs.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 12-31-2012, 03:08 PM   #109
klacey1
DIS Veteran

I love the dress you wore to Ohana-- fits the theme perfectly!
Sounds like a great MK evening. I know what you mean about new FL-- I'm not used to the new Dumbo or Ariel's Grotto being gone!
I love your DH's "artistic" shot on the TTA!
Old 12-31-2012, 03:08 PM   #110
Disneybuckeye
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a lovely evening (except for the bugs). Thanks for sharing!

Enjoyed a great March 2011 trip staying at the Boardwalk.
Enjoyed a great December 2011 trip to our home resort VWL with a short visit to see Harry Potter.
Enjoyed a great October 2012 trip at BLT.
Enjoyed a last minute surprise trip to Disneyland February 2013.
Enjoyed a great October 2013 trip to Saratoga Springs with our daughter and her college friends
Old 12-31-2012, 03:15 PM   #111
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

What a lovely dinner at 'Ohana. I love how Disney does those cute little celebration things at the restaurants. We had a few of those experiences on our DFTW/Honeymoon as well. I feel the same way as you about MK - no matter how many times you visit, you still feel the same way every time you go.

And I want to wish you both a Happy New Year!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Old 12-31-2012, 04:03 PM   #112
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

I agree, MK is the best. How fun for your "5 day" dance!

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW Nov 2014-SSR

Old 12-31-2012, 04:25 PM   #113
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

I'm eating dinner at Ohana for the first time in February. I'm glad you mentioned how long that line was. . .I'll be sure to be there super early!

That picture of the Space Mountain sign makes it look like you were photobombing!

Best Wishes for you two . . . I'm sure it was special sharing that moment with people who had been married for so long!

Old 12-31-2012, 04:44 PM   #114
Megablocks
DIS Veteran

I love the dress in that first picture of you guys! I had to laugh at you changing because you overpacked and wanted to wear everything you brought...I have totally done that before.

Sounds like a wonderful evening! Your pictures make me so excited to go back. Hope you guys have a wonderful first New Years as husband and wife!

In the moments of our lives
Both the joyous and the tragic
If the truth is to be told
We are all pursuing magic

1994: CBR // 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004: POR // 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013: Pop Century
Next: May 2014, Pop Century!

Old 01-01-2013, 07:57 AM   #115
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

What a great day at MK!

I had to laugh when you mentioned you switched dresses. I do that, well I should say used to do that! But now that I have another person to pack for, it seems like such a waste of space now

I like the zoomed in shot of you! Something my DH would do to me too if he had the camera!

Yay for Epcot!

Oh and Happy New Year!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Old 01-01-2013, 03:10 PM   #116
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

The dress you wore to Ohana is adorable! Like the other girls said, I love that you had to change outfits because you packed too much. Typical right? I still have to try a Raspberry Rain at some point! I've only had a Lapu Lapu there.

Yay for going to the MK after! I love being there in the evening!

Old 01-02-2013, 10:41 AM   #117
tinkgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I can't see pics right now (restricted computer), so I'll stop back later to see them. But your dinner sounds great and I'm glad you got such a perfect seat. And how nice to have a special tribute to those celebrating honeymoons and anniversaries.

I can appreciate the whole "overpacking"thing as my suitcase as weigh-in was 49.5 lbs.
Ohana was definitely special.

Sounds like our suitcase when we flew to NY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
I love the dress you wore to Ohana-- fits the theme perfectly!
Sounds like a great MK evening. I know what you mean about new FL-- I'm not used to the new Dumbo or Ariel's Grotto being gone!
I love your DH's "artistic" shot on the TTA!
Thanks, it was comfy too!

I can't wait to ride the LM and eat at Be Our Guest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneybuckeye View Post
Sounds like a lovely evening (except for the bugs). Thanks for sharing!
It was!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
What a lovely dinner at 'Ohana. I love how Disney does those cute little celebration things at the restaurants. We had a few of those experiences on our DFTW/Honeymoon as well. I feel the same way as you about MK - no matter how many times you visit, you still feel the same way every time you go.

And I want to wish you both a Happy New Year!
Happy New Year to you and everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
I agree, MK is the best. How fun for your "5 day" dance!
It was a great memory!

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativeamanda View Post
I'm eating dinner at Ohana for the first time in February. I'm glad you mentioned how long that line was. . .I'll be sure to be there super early!

That picture of the Space Mountain sign makes it look like you were photobombing!

Best Wishes for you two . . . I'm sure it was special sharing that moment with people who had been married for so long!
I hope you like it! It really is a great place to eat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megablocks View Post
I love the dress in that first picture of you guys! I had to laugh at you changing because you overpacked and wanted to wear everything you brought...I have totally done that before.

Sounds like a wonderful evening! Your pictures make me so excited to go back. Hope you guys have a wonderful first New Years as husband and wife!
I always overpack for WDW! This was my first trip not wearing Disney shirts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
What a great day at MK!

I had to laugh when you mentioned you switched dresses. I do that, well I should say used to do that! But now that I have another person to pack for, it seems like such a waste of space now

I like the zoomed in shot of you! Something my DH would do to me too if he had the camera!

Yay for Epcot!

Oh and Happy New Year!
It is funny how much we are alike!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post
The dress you wore to Ohana is adorable! Like the other girls said, I love that you had to change outfits because you packed too much. Typical right? I still have to try a Raspberry Rain at some point! I've only had a Lapu Lapu there.

Yay for going to the MK after! I love being there in the evening!
Your trip is so soon! I hope you have a great time.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:32 AM   #118
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Every time I see Polynesian pictures, I say almost out loud how much I love that place. So pretty! I just love the atmosphere there.

How sweet that you guys got to dance for everyone.

Hope you had a great first Christmas and New Year as husband and wife!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:42 PM   #119
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
And we giggled as the kids all tried to reach out and grab the jewels during Ariel’s part.
i still try and grab them.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 01-02-2013, 09:50 PM   #120
blabbermouth
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a really special dinner!

I had to laugh at the dress change too, I do the same. Although I haven't got into wearing dresses at the parks too much, but I do like wearing them for dinners. Must make it easier to change staying at a monorail resort too

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: