Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2012, 05:47 PM   #76
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Day 3 Continued..

We left off finishing up our ride on the Backlot Tour. It was almost time to use our RnRc FPs, but we were getting hungry. A usual place for us to grab a bite to eat is Catalina Eddies. As we headed there, we saw this beautiful billboard for Brave.

We never did make it to the theaters to see it! So, last weekend we bought it and watched it. It is so good! Since I have been busy with the wedding and moving, I havent stayed up to date with everything going on at WDW. Can anyone tell me if the characters from Brave are anywhere at WDW yet? DH and I were guessing shell show up at Epcot!

One thing I like about the area where Catalina Eddies is the location. You can just find a table and people watch everyone going by.

Unfortunately, all those good tables were taken. We found one not too far from where you order, which ended up being really nice and sort of secluded and out of the way.

We werent super hungry, so we decided to share a sandwich and dessert. I was saving room for our amazing dinner that night at Narcoossees!

After we ate, we headed back to RnRC. As we walked there, I reminded DH of the time we rode it with Kristen (xoktenox) and Chris and I lost my headband. I was so sad. Im still mad at RnRC for that, haha. We were laughing and talking about that story that I completely forgot to take any pictures! But, it was fun as usual and DH was happy.

With that under our belt, it was time to head back to the Poly. Of course, I tried to take some pictures along the way for this TR. I know I will probably end up buying this little friend once we have a little one of our own.

I had to take this picture for MeMom and Jill!

As we headed to our bus stop, we got sad when we saw our bus. Even though we were loving loving loving the Poly, we were missing OKW as well.

It was hot waiting for our bus. Luckily, we were heading back to the Poly to spend a little time in the pool! We enjoyed some time in the quiet pool near our building, then we headed to the bar by the main pool to get some drinks. I had a margarita, and DH had a Mai Tai. With our drinks in hand, we found a table by the beach. We were in heaven. We had the best view of the MK, the Castle, and the Seven Seas Lagoon. I snapped this picture and sent it to Kristen and back home.

After we finished our drinks and just relaxed, we headed back to the room to get ready for dinner. I was so excited to finally go back to Narcoosees. My parents took me there on my very first trip when I was 3. They gave me some of their lobster and I loved it. Of course, DH has never been there, so we were both excited as we walked to the monorail. I was so excited that I didnt even stop to take this picture!

Were at the GF!

As we walked through the doors, I took in a deep breath. I love the GF smell. It reminds me of all the times I stayed there growing up. First thing I always have to do: stop at the railing and take in the sights.

I even found the Teddy Bear Lady! She was in the same spot that I saw her last trip.

And then, as if it was planned, the band started playing a very special song. Its so special that Kristen and I used it in our TR titleYouve Got a Friend in Me from Toy Story! As I looked at Basin, I laughed and reminded DH of his paparazzi photos he took of me shopping in there on our engagement trip.

I love these stairs:

At the bottom, I stopped to take a picture.

DH being funny took a picture of me taking the picture!

The stroll back to Narcoossees was beautiful.

Since I was wearing a fancy dress and heels to dinner, I wore flip flops and had my heels in my purse. It was the best idea I ever had. We stopped at a bench out front so I could switch my shoes. Here is the view looking out:

*Continued in next post*

Last edited by tinkgurl; 12-16-2012 at 05:54 PM.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:48 PM   #77
tinkgurl

*Continued from previous*

We walked in the door and I was already freaking out. I was so excited to be there. We had about a 15-20 minute wait because we were a little early for our ADR, so we went outside on the deck. DH took this picture of me, which I didn’t know about, taking in the view of the Castle before we went outside:

We didn’t get to spend much time out there, so we decided to go back out after we ate. Our table was right near the bar, which was beautiful.

We were on the upper level, so we had a beautiful panoramic view outside looking at the Castle.

Zoomed in at the Castle:

We had such a nice waiter. He gave us free champagne, and they even had a little congratulations on our honeymoon on our menus!

For his appetizer, DH got the crab cakes. For his main course, he had the lobster tail and filet mignon. For my appetizer, I got the mussels. For my main course, I HAD to get the lobster. It was 2 lbs! I happily ate it all!

Our desserts were almost too beautiful to eat. DH had the cheese cake and I had the baked chocolate mousse.

As much as I had hoped, Narcoossee’s did not disappoint. it was a perfect meal. The food was amazing, the view was beautiful, and we were enjoying a relaxing night. After we were done, we headed back out on the deck. Here were the views:

While out there, we decided where to head to next. We decided to do some shopping at DTD. To the bus stop we headed!

As we arrived at DTD, the sunset was beautiful.

First stop: the Christmas shop to pick out some ornaments!

I will take a picture sometime of our ornaments before Christmas is over! It was fun getting them out of their boxes and hanging them up on our very first tree together in our new home. Since we were going back to the room after DTD, we just took the ornaments with us. Next stop: the Art of Disney store.

I was disappointed and did not see any paintings I needed in there as well. Next stop: Mickey’s Pantry!

I ended up loving this store. I bought a Mickey coffee mug that comes with a lid and two Mickey lanterns for out on our deck. The CM checking us out was working doing the college program. I only know this because she told us that after she asked us how our honeymoon was going and asked us if we had ever been to WDW before. We laughed.

The one place DH really wanted to go was Lego Land. While we shopped, I had to look at the new displays.

They were all so neat!

DH didn’t find anything he really wanted, so we decided to call it a night and head back to the Poly. At the bus stops, there was a cop directing people to what bus stop they needed. Our bus shared with the Contemporary. Of course, they stopped there first. Once we finally made it back to the Poly, we stopped in the gift shop and picked up our packages. We also stopped at Capt. Cook’s for some drinks. I got a water and DH had milk.

And as if we had planned it, we were back in the room in time to watch Wishes on our balcony again. It was another perfect ending to a great day.

Up next: Animal Kingdom day!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-16-2012, 06:19 PM   #78
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a beautiful day all the way around - young and in love and in Disney World. Good food and shopping. Fireworks, beaches... I mean, really, what is there not to love about that???

Yes, Merida has her own meet & greet now in Magic Kingdom in the former Belle and then Rapunzel storytime area.

You saw Bo - he's Chelsea's fella. Maybe we can get Anita to put a Christmas hat on him and send a picture when she goes next week.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:43 AM   #79
addictedtothemouse
DIS Veteran

I LOVE the picture that your DH took of you, so romantic.
Beautiful pictures, just what I needed tonight.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:06 AM   #80
MEK
DIS Veteran

I was looking for a new TR to sub to and this one looks just right. Can't wait to read about a Disneymoon. Congratulations!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 12-17-2012, 10:26 AM   #81
MEK
DIS Veteran

Read through your first two days and I think your trip is just perfect. Your room location and view are wonderful.

Yum to both of your dinner choices. I could live on sushi too, so I totally approve.

I had no idea you could see Epcot from the Cali grill and I have eaten there several times. Must have missed that.

You got some really great pictures from the monorail to Epcot.

The fish & chips looks yummy. I have yet to try that and I always say I am going to.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 12-17-2012, 11:51 AM   #82
CAStevens218
DIS Veteran

We ate at Narcoosee's on our honeymoon over the summer as well! It was our favorite meal EVER at Disney World! It was the first ADR that we booked for our upcoming February trip...can't wait to go back! We ordered the exact same desserts that you did! Yum!

November 1997 All Star Sports * January 2009 Pop Century * December 2010 All Star Music * January 2012 Pop Century * July/August 2012 Port Orleans Riverside/Beach Club * February/March 2013 All Star Sports/Art of Animation

Are You Sure That Snow is Fake? December 2010 Trip Report
We Are Flying 1000 Miles to Run 13?!? January 2012 Trip Report
This Relaxation Thing Looks GOOD On Us!! July/August 2012 Honeymoon Trip Report
I'm Just SO HAPPY To Be Here!!! February/March 2013 Trip Report - IN PROGRESS!
Old 12-18-2012, 01:01 AM   #83
Lotjestar
Earning My Ears

Loving your trip report! Can't wait to read more!
Old 12-18-2012, 08:21 AM   #84
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

What a nice night at Narcoossee's! I agree that the GF is so magical, and it really has a special place in my heart, too. Great idea putting flip flops in your purse too!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Old 12-18-2012, 06:53 PM   #85
tinkgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Sounds like a beautiful day all the way around - young and in love and in Disney World. Good food and shopping. Fireworks, beaches... I mean, really, what is there not to love about that???

Yes, Merida has her own meet & greet now in Magic Kingdom in the former Belle and then Rapunzel storytime area.

You saw Bo - he's Chelsea's fella. Maybe we can get Anita to put a Christmas hat on him and send a picture when she goes next week.
It was a great day!!

I knew someone would have the answer! I'll have to look up some pictures of what Merida looks like at WDW.

Yes, I had to take a picture of him for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtothemouse View Post
I LOVE the picture that your DH took of you, so romantic.
Beautiful pictures, just what I needed tonight.
Glad I could help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I was looking for a new TR to sub to and this one looks just right. Can't wait to read about a Disneymoon. Congratulations!
Welcome and thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Read through your first two days and I think your trip is just perfect. Your room location and view are wonderful.

Yum to both of your dinner choices. I could live on sushi too, so I totally approve.

I had no idea you could see Epcot from the Cali grill and I have eaten there several times. Must have missed that.

You got some really great pictures from the monorail to Epcot.

The fish & chips looks yummy. I have yet to try that and I always say I am going to.
We really did have a good room location. Being so close to the TTC had its perks!

You've been to the Cali Grill several times?! Lucky!

You'll have to try the fish and chips. They were really good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAStevens218 View Post
We ate at Narcoosee's on our honeymoon over the summer as well! It was our favorite meal EVER at Disney World! It was the first ADR that we booked for our upcoming February trip...can't wait to go back! We ordered the exact same desserts that you did! Yum!
Congrats to you! Narcoossee's is just the best place to eat on your honeymoon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotjestar View Post
Loving your trip report! Can't wait to read more!
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
What a nice night at Narcoossee's! I agree that the GF is so magical, and it really has a special place in my heart, too. Great idea putting flip flops in your purse too!
I'm really craving that lobster right about now!

It was perfect. Then, when we went to DTD, I switched back into my flip flops.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:02 PM   #86
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

Your dinner at Narcoossee's looks delicious! Especially that lobster! Yum! You look so pretty, too I love your dress!

Old 12-22-2012, 02:44 PM   #87
tinkgurl

Day 4 – August 16, 2012

We woke up around 8:30 and had breakfast at Captain Cook’s again. Even though we were eating breakfast at Kona Café a few days later, I was craving Tonga Toast!! DH had the Bountiful Platter, which had a couple different meats. We even managed to find a table inside! I wanted to look in the gift shop before we headed to the bus stop to see if they had any earrings I would like. DH ended up finding the ones I decided to buy! You’ll see them in some pictures! They were Mickey shaped, of course.

I put on my new earrings as we walked out of the lobby and down the walkway to the bus stop. While we were waiting for the Animal Kingdom bus, a monorail stopped on the tracks right above us!

It was still sitting there when our bus pulled up.

It was a packed bus with people going to either AK or Blizzard Beach. DH and I decided to stand and let other people sit down. I held on tightly and away we went! After the BB people got off, we were able to sit down. I love that drive to AK and you get closer and finally catch a glimpse of EE and the Tree of Life. It makes the anticipation of getting there that much stronger!

I already had my camera out to take some pictures as we walked, so I gave that to DH while I went through bag check. He thought it would be funny to take a picture of me:

Oh yes, I look absolutely thrilled! Ha! Most of the people doing bag checks don’t even really check your bag. They feel around the outside and say “Okay” and send you on your way. I’ve maybe had one or two times where I have actually had to open up my zippers and things in my bag. I would feel safer if they actually did that more often.

Okay, sorry for that rant! Our usual first mission of the day: Get EE fast passes!

The Tree of Life is so fun to look at up close. I love finding all the animals on it! And for those of you who haven’t been to AK at night- you should! The Tree of Life is lit up and looks beautiful!

We cut through the Dinoland area to check the wait time for Dinosaur. It was low, so we decided to come back to that.

The return time for FP’s was 11:45 – 12:45, which was good with us since we really didn’t have an agenda for the day besides dinner ADR later.

Back to Dinosaur!

We laughed and talked about riding that ride with Kristen and Chris. We were crammed into one car! I was laughing so hard, I had to hang onto Kristen’s arm!

Dinosaur was a walk on! It was fun just zipping through the line all the way to the pre-show!

Hello Mrs. Huxtable!

There weren’t very many people in the pre-show with us, so we stood in the very back along the wall. I whispered every line to DH.

The ride was fun as always. Even though I know what’s coming, I always get a little scared and end up grabbing DH’s arm. I was going to take a redneck photo of our ride picture, but the CM was standing right there staring at me. Boo.

As we walked out, I wanted to take pictures of the dinosaurs they had signs of for Little Guy. He LOVES dinosaurs. We got him these cards about dinosaurs. Each card is a different dinosaur and has information on each one. He went through this phase where we had to go through the whole pile more than once. I taught him what herbivore, omnivore, and carnivore mean, so that became a little game. He would look at the picture of the dinosaur and guess which type of eater it was.

We were getting hungry, so we decided to try Flame Tree Barbeque for the first time! We usually eat at Yak & Yeti or Pizzafari, but we wanted to try something new.

*Continued in next post*
Old 12-22-2012, 02:45 PM   #88
tinkgurl

*Continued from previous*

We decided to share lunch again. We got the fruit platter and smoked turkey sandwich. For dessert, we had chocolate mousse and key lime pie. Everything was delicious! I found us a table in this secluded area. It was beautiful!

We will definitely be coming back to Flame Tree BBQ!

It was time to use our EE FP’s! We saw that the return time for new FP’s was 1:30 – 2:30, so we decided that would be our last thing we did before heading back to the Poly to swim. We were so excited walking through the line to get on. And like I said, AK is beautiful at night! EE is also all lit up. With it being dark out, it makes the ride scarier! And as we go up the steep incline at the beginning of the ride, we always turn around to our left and look out at the Contemporary and the MK in the distance. It’s such a neat view!

We really wanted to do the Pangani Trail, so we headed there next. I had to say hi to one of our favorite restaurants on the way by!

Africa!

I’m so mad that picture did not turn out very well! It’s supposed to be of this bird that was trying to eat this fish. The fish was bigger than the bird! He just kept tossing it around and trying to swallow it, but it wasn’t working!

We had so much fun on the trail! By the time we were done exploring, we could use our other FP’s! And by the time we got off EE, it was just so hot out! We were ready to get back to the Poly and swim. Once back at the Poly, I took a picture of this guy again:

We walked by him every day, and he just brought a smile to our faces!

After we got in our swimming suits, we headed to the bar by the main pool. I had a margarita again, and DH had a Mai Tai again. We decided to bring them back to the quiet pool closer to our building. We just relaxed, leaned against the side of the pool, and sipped on our drinks. While we were in the pool, it started to get dark. Then, we heard thunder! We decided to make a run for it and get back to the pool. We made it just in time before it poured! It didn’t last long though and stopped as we headed out to our dinner ADR!

Up next: Dinner at Ohana and MK night
Old 12-22-2012, 04:46 PM   #89
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

All caught up!

I so wish we could have done the Backlot Tour. My mom wanted to do it, but there wasn't any time and we had a dinner reservation.

I NEED to get back to Narcoossee's someday! I had the lobster and filet mignon when we were there back in 2010, and the lobster was a little rubbery. But I guess the secret is to order the whole lobster like you did!

I have never been to AK at night! Didn't even know that it stayed open late enough for it to be nighttime.

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TR
Our First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Old 12-22-2012, 08:54 PM   #90
LilAnn
DIS Veteran

I'm glad you liked Flame Tree! It's got some good options. So tasty. We like Yak &Yeti too and I think the first time ate there, it was in part due to one of your earlier TRs.

Oh and I totally have the dress you are wearing in the picture! Or I did. Funny. I loved that it had pockets.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: