Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2012, 06:07 PM   #61
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
Sounds like you had such a great day. Epcot is not my favorite but there are so many things there we haven't tried. Maybe if we tried some new things my opinion would change. My DH on the other hand loves Epcot.

Wishes from your balcony would be a PERFECT ending to any day!
Epcot used to be a park I disliked. But over the past few years, it has grown on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by archdandy View Post
I've always wanted to try the fish and chips from the UK pavilion. They look so yummy! I bet watching Wishes from your balcony was amazing!
You have to try them!!

It was amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylove1228 View Post
Hi Tink!!! omg!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

It's been forever! So good to see you back on here and read your amazing TR's!! Especially this one, being your Disneymoon and all

I love the pic of you and DH at the CF! How cute!! And I love your room location.. you got awesome pics of Wishes with your phone!! I also love the pics of the duckies that came to your room every day.. they're so cute!

We'll have to try eating at Japan one time, when we go back eventually. It sounds so good and it was nice to hear you review it! We always say we will but we never do! We'll have to wait a while before we go back to Disney though b/c we're expecting and due in February!!

Can't wait for more!
Hey!! It has been forever! Glad you found me!

Ahhh congratulations! I hope we have good news like that soon!
Old 12-08-2012, 12:47 PM   #62
tinkgurl

Day 3: August 15, 2012

We woke up around 9 am. It was nice just sleeping in and not getting up early to rush to a park for rope drop. After saying hello to our little duck friends, we headed out. Here’s right outside our door. As you can see, we were definitely close to the lobby and elevators!

Today, we were heading to Hollywood Studios and that meant going to the bus stop. Follow us!

Made it!

We didn’t have to wait too long for a bus, which was nice! I feel like it’s either a hit or miss with the buses. You either have good luck and the bus is always there or gets there within 5 minutes, or you have bad luck and it seems like you are always waiting forever for buses.

Now I know that it isn’t MGM anymore, but it has taken me quite awhile to get over it. HA! This was the first trip that we actually referred to the park as Hollywood Studios. Any bus ride to a park always brings anticipation and excitement. I quickly snapped a picture of the little Tower of Tower advertisement they have. We always drive by it when we get to WDW, so it is one of those “We’re really here!” things to see.

Also from the bus, we could see that they were painting the Ears on the Mickey tower back in the Backlot Tour area. We were definitely hoping to get a closer look later! The bus dropped us off so far away!

They moved Mickey and his mops from by the Hollywood Brown Derby to out front of the park.

After we got inside, we decided to get FP’s for ToT, and then eat breakfast at Starring Rolls since we had never been there before.

I snapped this picture on my phone to send back home and to Kristen:

The FP return time was 11:40 – 12:40, which was fine for us!

With those in hand, we turned back around and went to Starring Rolls. I was excited to eat there because I have heard nothing but good things about it! The inside is so cute!

We both had orange juice to drink. We also shared a cinnamon roll, a Danish roll, and yogurt. Both of the rolls were good, so I recommend Starring Rolls to anyone! We had to wait a few minutes, but someone finally got up from one of the tables outside.

While we ate, we talked about what else we wanted to do that day. RnRC was a must on DH’s list. I really wanted to draw at Art of Animation again. We knew TSMM would probably be out of the question with a crazy long line and no fast passes left, so we saved that for another day.

After we were done eating, I wanted to look in the Villain shop. I ended up buying some wooden Mickey drink coasters for our living room. We had a few minutes left before we could go back to ToT, so we went over to RnRC to get FP’s. The return time was 1:25 – 2:25, so we decided that would be our last ride before leaving the park. We headed back to ToT and hoped our breakfast would stay down. HA!

Unfortunately, we seemed to have wasted a fast pass! There was almost no one in the standby line! We weaved through the FP line and finally met the standby line in the hotel lobby before going into the pre-show! Oh well. While we waited in line in the boiler room, we talked about the time we tried to find this lever with Kristen and Chris. Supposedly, if you pulled it, you were supposed to get a little shock or something. I can’t remember exactly what was supposed to happen or where it was. We never did find it! ToT was fun as usual. We had this family with a kid who screamed at the top of their lungs every time we dropped. It was so funny!

Next, we decided to head to the Art of Animation. DH and I finally did this on our engagement trip back in 2010 and fell in love. We usually end up drawing a few times a trip.

*Continued in next post*
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-08-2012, 12:48 PM   #63
tinkgurl

*Continued from previous*

We had to wait a few minutes for the next session, which was fine because they have screens there for a little game. You have to guess who the character is as the screen slowly draws it. There was this group that had 3 kids sitting on the floor watching the screen. They would guess the right character with only the first two or three lines drawn. It was hilarious! They were right every time. Finally it was our turn!

Once everyone got in their places, the CM had us vote on what character we wanted to draw. I didn’t write down who we had to vote between, so I can’t remember what the choices were. I know I voted for Flynn Rider and he ended up winning! He was SO hard to draw. It was still fun though. After our session, we headed to the art shop. I love that art shop. Back in 2009 or 2010, I bought this beautiful painting from there. It has the old school Winnie the Pooh and friends playing in the leaves in the woods. The leaves are all these pretty fall colors with oranges, yellows, and browns. I found this beautiful frame for it and hung it in our dining room. Here’s the painting:

I wanted to see if there were any of the other seasons of Pooh by this artist, but I couldn’t find any. Darn it. I did find this vase that I now wish I would have bought for my mom. It had the mural design from the Contemporary on it, which has some personal meaning to us. It was where she stayed with my grandparents when they took her, my uncle, and my dad (they were dating at the time) back when Space Mountain first opened! Then, it was where we stayed when we went in 2001 with my grandparents and uncle over Christmas. Then, it was where we stayed when we went with my grandparents and uncle to take Little Guy there for his first time. I really wish I had bought that vase!

After we were done looking around, we headed over to the Backlot Tour, which had only a 5 minute wait!

Before we knew it, the pre-show video about the making of the Pearl Harbor movie was starting!

I had to take DH’s picture by this because we just so happened to end up by it. This was the movie we watched on the day we started dating 10 years ago!

We were soon moved to the next part of the pre-show. The people they chose to participate did a great job. It was cute seeing their families cheering them on.

It was so cool going by the shop part because people were actually working! We hadn’t seen that before!

Planes from the Pearl Harbor movie:

They were still up there painting!

Two things in this next picture: 1) The Stunt Show was going on. 2) The girl on the end slept the entire ride until we got to Catastrophe Canyon. That definitely woke her up!

This guy waved at us as he drove by:

Walt’s plane:

Oh look, someone woke up!

She freaked out and started coming our way as the water came rushing down. She thought she was going to get soaked. Once she realized that she wasn’t going to, she sat back down. She started laughing and putting her arms out under the water. I know that doesn’t sound too bad, but trust me, if you saw it…she was weird about it all.

Going back by the Stunt Show, it was packed!

This guy was waiting to go back out and waved at us. All the drivers were so friendly!

The show must have been close to where the guy catches on fire.

Streets of America:

And that was it, folks! Little did we know, that could have been our last ride on the Backlot Tour! I’m sure you all have heard by now, but supposedly the Backlot Tour and the Stunt Show will be taken out for Cars Land!!

Up next: Lunch, RnRC, and an amazing rest of the day
Old 12-08-2012, 01:41 PM   #64
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

All caught up! I love love love the Poly - it is so beautiful. Art of Animation is a favourite of mine too, Flynn Rider must have been so hard to draw though! That Winnie the Pooh painting is beautiful too. Your backlot tour seemed to have a lot more going on than it did when I rode it last, very interesting!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Old 12-08-2012, 09:26 PM   #65
mommytocalliesue
Mouseketeer

Glad you found my TR...because now I've found yours!!! Congrats on the marriage!! Lucky you to take your honeymoon here!! Looks like you guys are having a great time so far! Can't wait to read more!!
Old 12-08-2012, 10:23 PM   #66
nowellsl
my car finds out everytime I have money

I love the pooh print. I have a couple of his prints, one is called "Pooh sticks" and can't remember the name of the other one. The artist is Peter Ellenshaw and I've seen his prints in the Character Outlet stores in a couple of outlet malls. He's done some beautiful disney prints! If you google him you can see more of his work. He did a Mary Poppins one I love! I even have a few puzzles made from his prints.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:45 AM   #67
vyrg
Lilipépite

Thank you

I note for Art animation. I'm sure my children will appreciate that !

Hi from France
Old 12-09-2012, 05:44 AM   #68
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Beautiful Polynesian!

What a fun time in Hollywood! I love those super tall palm trees that line the streets there.

We don't get to see your lovely artwork???

I bet that Pooh picture makes you smile every time you see it. That's a great souvenir!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:23 AM   #69
Megablocks
DIS Veteran

It took me kind of a while to get over MGM changing to DHS, too! I kind of flipped between calling it MGM and calling it Hollywood Studios. So glad I wasn't the only one.

That's so cool the stunt show was going on when you were on the Backlot Tour! I will be seriouslyyyy disappointed if Cars Land takes over and the Backlot Tour and the stunt show get taken out...I love them both, especially the stunt show.

I am excited for your next update...I miss RnRC so much!

In the moments of our lives
Both the joyous and the tragic
If the truth is to be told
We are all pursuing magic

1994: CBR // 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004: POR // 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013: Pop Century
Next: May 2014, Pop Century!

Old 12-09-2012, 09:55 AM   #70
tinkgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
All caught up! I love love love the Poly - it is so beautiful. Art of Animation is a favourite of mine too, Flynn Rider must have been so hard to draw though! That Winnie the Pooh painting is beautiful too. Your backlot tour seemed to have a lot more going on than it did when I rode it last, very interesting!
Everywhere at the Poly is beautiful and so relaxing.

We got lucky on the Backlot Tour!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytocalliesue View Post
Glad you found my TR...because now I've found yours!!! Congrats on the marriage!! Lucky you to take your honeymoon here!! Looks like you guys are having a great time so far! Can't wait to read more!!
Thanks so much! Glad to have you here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowellsl View Post
I love the pooh print. I have a couple of his prints, one is called "Pooh sticks" and can't remember the name of the other one. The artist is Peter Ellenshaw and I've seen his prints in the Character Outlet stores in a couple of outlet malls. He's done some beautiful disney prints! If you google him you can see more of his work. He did a Mary Poppins one I love! I even have a few puzzles made from his prints.
He has done beautiful Disney prints, you're right! I really want some more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyrg View Post
Thank you

I note for Art animation. I'm sure my children will appreciate that !

Hi from France
Wow, France?! Hi way over there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Beautiful Polynesian!

What a fun time in Hollywood! I love those super tall palm trees that line the streets there.

We don't get to see your lovely artwork???

I bet that Pooh picture makes you smile every time you see it. That's a great souvenir!
No artwork will be shown. Flynn Rider looked horrible.

I do enjoy looking at the painting while we're eating at the table.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megablocks View Post
It took me kind of a while to get over MGM changing to DHS, too! I kind of flipped between calling it MGM and calling it Hollywood Studios. So glad I wasn't the only one.

That's so cool the stunt show was going on when you were on the Backlot Tour! I will be seriouslyyyy disappointed if Cars Land takes over and the Backlot Tour and the stunt show get taken out...I love them both, especially the stunt show.

I am excited for your next update...I miss RnRC so much!
You are definitely not the only one!!

DH is very sad the Stunt Show might get taken out.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:18 AM   #71
addictedtothemouse
DIS Veteran

I love EPCOT but am just so-so with DHS. I really like the Backlot tour and hope they do something other than removing it, but I would really like to see Cars Land also.
We had some feathered friends when we stayed at the Poly also.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:15 PM   #72
jwwi
DIS Veteran

what???? Cars land in FL! That would be pretty cool. I am loving your TR so far. How great that you picked the Poly for your Honeymoon, what a perfect resort.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:59 AM   #73
LilAnn
DIS Veteran

Hi Tink!!!

I'm always impressed that you are able to consume more than one alcoholic beverage, being so small and whatnot. I tried to do drinks around the world once with my friend and ended up doing "sips" around the world (from her drinks) and ended with a margarita. I was done for. The Grey Goose Slushie is yummy for sure!

You should definitely do the Great Piggy Bank Adventure with Little Guy! My DD loves it and always asks to do it more than once on any given trip. I think it has to do with the piggy bank.

Awesome view of Wishes from your room!

I love Starring Rolls - especially the cupcakes.

Don't you hate it when you get a FP for a ride that ends up having a minimal wait time?

I would be sad to see the Stunt Show gone. I like how they have Lightening McQueen in the show, too. But Carsland will be so cute!
Old 12-13-2012, 12:46 PM   #74
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Yum, Starring Roles - a great way to start the day!

I know most people don't like the Backlot Tour but we do - I will miss it if/when Cars Land comes. I'm always looking forward to something new too though!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 12-16-2012, 01:32 PM   #75
tinkgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtothemouse View Post
I love EPCOT but am just so-so with DHS. I really like the Backlot tour and hope they do something other than removing it, but I would really like to see Cars Land also.
We had some feathered friends when we stayed at the Poly also.
I can't wait to see what Cars Land will be like!

That's so funny you had some "friends" when you stayed at the Poly too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwwi View Post
what???? Cars land in FL! That would be pretty cool. I am loving your TR so far. How great that you picked the Poly for your Honeymoon, what a perfect resort.
Yes, Cars Land!!

The Poly was so great for a honeymoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilAnn View Post
Hi Tink!!!

I'm always impressed that you are able to consume more than one alcoholic beverage, being so small and whatnot. I tried to do drinks around the world once with my friend and ended up doing "sips" around the world (from her drinks) and ended with a margarita. I was done for. The Grey Goose Slushie is yummy for sure!

You should definitely do the Great Piggy Bank Adventure with Little Guy! My DD loves it and always asks to do it more than once on any given trip. I think it has to do with the piggy bank.

Awesome view of Wishes from your room!

I love Starring Rolls - especially the cupcakes.

Don't you hate it when you get a FP for a ride that ends up having a minimal wait time?

I would be sad to see the Stunt Show gone. I like how they have Lightening McQueen in the show, too. But Carsland will be so cute!
haha, I did good drinking around WS. I just paced myself.

I agree, Little Guy will love the Piggy Bank game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Yum, Starring Roles - a great way to start the day!

I know most people don't like the Backlot Tour but we do - I will miss it if/when Cars Land comes. I'm always looking forward to something new too though!
I miss the old Backlot Tour!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: