Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2012, 04:18 PM   #31
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Wow, how exciting you got to stay at the Polynesian for your honeymoon! Seems like the perfect choice.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 11-24-2012, 06:33 PM   #32
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

I'm so excited you started your honeymoon TR. It sounds great so far!

Me DH DD DS
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-25-2012, 12:12 AM   #33
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

Hi Tinkgurl! I'm a little late, but I'm here. Can't wait to read about your honeymoon. I'm going back to catch up.

All caught up now.

Congrats to you and your husband. I think you picked the perfect place to honeymoon. Sounds like everything is just perfect so far. Looking forward to more.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS

Last edited by vamassey1; 11-25-2012 at 12:27 AM.
Old 11-25-2012, 12:52 PM   #34
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Wow, how exciting you got to stay at the Polynesian for your honeymoon! Seems like the perfect choice.
It was perfect!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
I'm so excited you started your honeymoon TR. It sounds great so far!
So glad you're here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
Hi Tinkgurl! I'm a little late, but I'm here. Can't wait to read about your honeymoon. I'm going back to catch up.

All caught up now.

Congrats to you and your husband. I think you picked the perfect place to honeymoon. Sounds like everything is just perfect so far. Looking forward to more.
Thanks for catching up! You didn't miss much!
Old 11-25-2012, 12:53 PM   #35
tinkgurl

Day 2- August 14, 2012
Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving!!

Before we begin, I just realized I forgot to post two pictures from the California Grill! I wanted a picture of the two of us, so we tried to take one on our own:

Our waiter saw us doing this and offered to take one for us. This happens to be one of my favorite pictures from the trip!:

Okay, fast forward to the next morning. We woke up to a little knocking sound around 8 am. It was coming from our sliding door, so we pulled back the curtains and saw our little friends!

It was a beautiful morning! While we got ready, we enjoyed the view of the Castle and watching the ferry go back and forth to/from the MK and the TTC.

Here’s a better look at the hats and glasses that were in our gift basket:

We got glasses just like those in our gift basket from our engagement trip that we used for our Bride and Groom glasses at our wedding reception!

We were both pretty hungry, so we decided to enjoy some Capt. Cook’s. It was pretty busy, so we found a nice table outside, under some shade.

We weren’t too far from the door to go inside. It was a nice morning, so it wasn’t too hot out yet.

We could also see some of the volcano pool from where we were.

Breakfast at Capt. Cook’s is always good! We both had breakfast croissants; while DH drank milk and I enjoyed some coffee. I would’ve gotten Tonga Toast, but I was saving up for our meal at Kona Café later in the week.

While we were eating, we had a visit from another little friend.

After enjoying our first breakfast back at the World, we decided to head to the MK for awhile. So, we headed up to get on the monorail.

We could hear the monorail coming once we walked out to the loading area and look what pulled up!

The Avengers monorail! It was so neat to see in person after reading about it online. I made sure to take another picture of it when we got off at the MK station.

The crowds coming in weren’t bad at all. We were hoping that it was like this once we got into the park!

First thing we decided to do was get fast passes for BTMRR. We walked through Adventureland and used the cut across to Frontierland. It was pretty quiet as far as crowds go still!

The return time for fast passes was 11:20 – 12:20, which was really not that far away! We decided to get them and head back to PoTC to pass some time.

As we walked back to Adventureland, we took our time enjoying the sights. We both kept saying it still didn’t feel like we were really back. Even though we hadn’t been there since July 2010, it felt like no time had passed at all. Does that make sense to anyone?

Pirates wait time said 10 minutes, but all we did was walk through the line to get on!

While we were in Adventureland, DH wanted to check out the Agrabah (did I spell that wrong?!) gift shop for some flip flops. He bought some there a few trips ago that he loved, but they were chewed up by his parents’ dog! Luckily, he found a pair in his size that he liked, so he got them and switched them with the pair he was wearing.

We still had a little time before our FP return time, so we decided to head to the HM. We were really excited to see the interactive line! They were doing some work on the Yankee Trader gift shop right next door.

*Continued in next post*
Old 11-25-2012, 12:54 PM   #36
tinkgurl

*Continued from previous*

The wait time said 15 minutes, but it really ended up being only 5! We were on a roll!

Once we got off the HM, we could use our FP’s! So back to BTMRR we went. Can you spot DH in this picture?

We had missed that ride! We talked about Little Guy’s face when we rode with us. For those who read my summer 2010 TR know that we called it “The Splash Mountain Face”. We have decided that we are going to make that face every time we ride Splash from now on!

I was dying to ride Space Mountain, so we decided to head over to Tomorrowland next. Instead of going the long way through Fantasyland, we headed towards the hub.

I wish I could find this one picture that I have. It’s from a long time ago..like 1993..it’s of me, Sis, and my Mom. It was pouring that day, and I can still remember posing for the picture in our ponchos. I always think about that picture when we walk by that spot; so I had DH take one of me there.

As we got around the hub to the Tomorrowland side, we stopped and got a PhotoPass picture taken in the Rose Garden. We ended up buying that one, so I will have to get it up here to show you all!

One thing I love about WDW is the attention to detail. I’ve read all the “Disney Secrets” books and stuff like that. This spot is one of them. You can see the Contemporary from here, but that’s okay! It fits in with the Tomorrowland theme!

Back to Space Mountain we went!

Of course, the line was already crazy long, so we got FP’s for 1:25 – 2:25. That was perfect because we were planning on heading to Epcot around then, so Space would be our last ride. To pass some time, we rode a favorite of mine. Those of you who have read my other TR’s know that we ride this one about 100 times a trip! There was actually a weaving line for this, and it was like that the entire trip!

We still had a little time once we got off the People Mover, so we headed to the Crystal Arts shop on Main Street so I could buy that stuff I saw the day before.

I will take pictures of it all to show you soon! I got a beautiful hand painted ornament with little Mickey heads sketched in it every once in awhile and a beautiful glass blown, little bowl that is hand painted to look like Mickey. The top part is black, the middle is red with two yellow buttons, and the bottom part is yellow to represent his shoes. They had bowls painted for all different characters. I think I want to start a tradition of getting one character each trip. They are beautiful! Since we were going straight to Epcot, I had my purchases sent to our room. Again, it was weird writing my new name!

It was getting hot out, so we stopped and got a water and sat in the shade at the Noodle Station. We could see the crane working in Fantasyland. They were also doing some work on that little platform down by the water.

I took this picture and sent it to Kristen and my parents:

We enjoyed the sights for a bit, then headed to Space to use our FP’s. I had almost forgotten about the new games in line! It was fun as usual.

After that, we headed down Main Street to the exit. As we made it to Town Square, a marching band was coming behind us. We stopped to listen/watch them. They were playing the Mickey Mouse song, so I was dancing and singing along. DH just shook his head and laughed.

After the band went by, we said “Bye for now” to the MK and headed up to get on the express monorail to the TTC. I think we’ve only ever ridden the express monorail once or twice ever! Once we got to the TTC, the Epcot monorail was there already! So we hurried over and made it on there. We high fived each other on that luck!

Up next: Drinking and eating around WS!
Old 11-25-2012, 01:20 PM   #37
Leshaface
DIS Veteran

The picture of you two at Cali Grill is adorable

Omgosh, my DH and I LOVE the peoplemover! My mom hasn't been on it since they took it out at Disneyland, so she's going to love this. I'm going to love it even more I think, because it will be a nice place to rest with the baby.

Yay to eating and drinking around the world!

DLR: Yearly trips from 1991-2006, AP holder Jan 06 (monthly trips thru May 2008), Nov 08 DLH-Dreams, Jan 09 GCH, June 09 DLH-Magic, June 09 Desert Inn, Oct 09 Tropicana, Mar 10 GCH, May 10 Castle Inn, Nov 10 GCH, Mar 11 DLH, Nov 11 GCH, Mar 12 PPH, Apr 12 PPH, July 12 PPH, Nov 12 DLH, May 13 GCH, July 14 VGC, Oct 14 CCI
WDW : June 2-8, 2008 - Pop Century, January 20-28, 2010 - CSR, Dec 8-15, 2012 AKV/BWV, Oct 5-11, 2013 SSR/AKV/BLT
DCL: Dream June 2011, Wonder Dec 2011

Starting the New Year off right!...at WDW January 2015 PTR
Food and Wine? Sounds Divine! Oct 2013 TROur First WDW Trip as Parents - December 2012
Mexican Riviera Cruise with WONDERful Souvenir in the Works!Dream CAME True! June 21-26, 2011 TR
Food, Fun, and Frivolity: 8 Funtabulous days
Ugh, what were we thinking?! 9 days Deluxe Dining, The Crow's fly to Disneyworld! Jan 20-28, 2010 Pre-TR, DLR - The Proposal, Bouncers, and a Celebrity! June 3-6
Old 11-25-2012, 11:45 PM   #38
LilAnn
DIS Veteran

Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving with your family!

Love seeing the pics with your long hair. So pretty!

I feel like you guys always seem to have pretty good luck with ride times, even during peak season.

Always think of you when I go on the peoplemover/TTA.

Can't wait to see what Epcot brings!
Old 11-26-2012, 09:25 AM   #39
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

How funny that BTMRR barely had a line, but the Peoplemover had a weaving one! Good thing that's a quick load no matter what!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 11-26-2012, 10:07 AM   #40
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

Caught up! I love your pictures! You got so many pictures that are really clear and the sky is blue, and well it's Disney!

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR*November 2014 - AKL Kidani Village for E's First Trip!

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Old 11-26-2012, 05:36 PM   #41
Megablocks
DIS Veteran

Joining in! I love that picture of you guys at Cali Grill. Congratulations to you both!

I forgot about seeing the Contemporary from Tomorrowland. It was after reading one of your reports and seeing you mention "The Hidden Magic of WDW" (I think that was it) that I ended up reading it, too. I love reading about that stuff!

In the moments of our lives
Both the joyous and the tragic
If the truth is to be told
We are all pursuing magic

1994: CBR // 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004: POR // 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013: Pop Century
Next: May 2014, Pop Century!

Old 11-26-2012, 08:00 PM   #42
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

How nice of those ducks to provide a wake up call for you. Yay for fast pass pixie dust. I love the MK and think it would be so amazing to stay at a monorail resort.

Me DH DD DS
Old 11-27-2012, 05:15 PM   #43
tinkgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshaface View Post
The picture of you two at Cali Grill is adorable

Omgosh, my DH and I LOVE the peoplemover! My mom hasn't been on it since they took it out at Disneyland, so she's going to love this. I'm going to love it even more I think, because it will be a nice place to rest with the baby.

Yay to eating and drinking around the world!
Thanks!

I hope your mom loves the People Mover just as much as we do! You're right, it will be a great place to rest with the baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilAnn View Post
Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving with your family!

Love seeing the pics with your long hair. So pretty!

I feel like you guys always seem to have pretty good luck with ride times, even during peak season.

Always think of you when I go on the peoplemover/TTA.

Can't wait to see what Epcot brings!
Thanksgiving went by fast! Hope it went well for you!

You know I grew my hair out for the wedding. I don't want to cut it any time soon!

We do have a lot of luck with rides! Glad you think of me on the People Mover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
How funny that BTMRR barely had a line, but the Peoplemover had a weaving one! Good thing that's a quick load no matter what!
You're right! It was funny that other rides didn't have a line while the People Mover did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
Caught up! I love your pictures! You got so many pictures that are really clear and the sky is blue, and well it's Disney!
Thanks, some pictures turn out so good and then others turn out bad. My camera is weird!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megablocks View Post
Joining in! I love that picture of you guys at Cali Grill. Congratulations to you both!

I forgot about seeing the Contemporary from Tomorrowland. It was after reading one of your reports and seeing you mention "The Hidden Magic of WDW" (I think that was it) that I ended up reading it, too. I love reading about that stuff!
Hi!! Thank you! That book is such a fun one to read! Glad you read it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicShell View Post
How nice of those ducks to provide a wake up call for you. Yay for fast pass pixie dust. I love the MK and think it would be so amazing to stay at a monorail resort.
I hope you get to stay at a monorail resort sometime. It is magical!
Old 11-28-2012, 05:15 AM   #44
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post

Too cute that the ducks knocked on the door to get you to wake up and come out to play!

We love sitting in that area at Captain Cook's. It's a nice start to a morning, even if we only 'borrow' the Poly, since we have stayed there - yet.

I'm picturing that walking across the Adventureland bridge and hearing the drums and the music must have been quite exciting that morning!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:32 AM   #45
blabbermouth
DIS Veteran

Another great day! Excited to see your purchases and what you ate/drank around the world.

I also really like your long/dark hair, it's very flattering on you!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: