Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2013, 01:32 PM   #1
cindernicole
Earning My Ears

Web Interview tips

Hi! I'm going to be applying for Fall/Fall Advantage and last time I applied I didn't make it past the web based interview:/ (embarrassing, I know)
So this time around I am DETERMINED to do my absolute best because this has been my dream for years. Last time I think I may have messed up in the sense that I put a lot of 'neutral' statements. So to anyone who has taken part in the CP, advice for the web interview?!??

Thanks in advance
cindernicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:12 PM   #2
khancock
DIS Veteran

An interview is an interview. No need to be embarrassed for not moving on after any type of interview for any job at any company. It happens to everyone.

The answers are weighted and are in categories. The outcome in any given category is based on the answers. To move on to the telephone interview would depend on the total performance of all categories.

Think of each category as its own graph. Each individual graph has 4 quadrants. Depending on an answer you will move a little bit or a lot into a quadrant.

There are those that will emphatically say to always answer "strongly" one way or another. That is all well and good as long as that answer happens to move you into the desirable category in that quadrant.

The flip side is that it can harm you if that "strongly" answer isn't what they want. Meaning that it could put you further and further into the quadrant that where they don't want someone.

Neutrals won't move you up or down on the X or Y axis. Depending on other answers in the category, not moving may be a good thing.

What Disney will say is to answer honestly. That really is the best way to go. There really isn't a "trick" and you can find people who always answered "strongly" who moved forward and others who did not.

No single answer will mess up the interview.
khancock is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: