Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2012, 07:31 PM   #1
tina4_98
Mouseketeer

Question help needed...

I have a question

We have two reservations booked for our cruise. One for my husband, myself and my oldest daughter... other reservation is for my Mother In Law and my youngest daughter. was easier to book that way because my mother in law wanted to give this to my daughter as her gift BUT now...

we want to book an excursion and my Mother in law doesn't want to join. How will i go about adding my daughter that is in the other room to our excursion????

Thank you in advance!!!

Tina, Cruised on Disney Magic On Jan20, 2007!!
tina4_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:34 PM   #2
amylia403
Disney Mommy

It's no problem On the ship you can stop by the excursions desk and tell them They will handle everything. We actually have done it at guest services as well

amylia403 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-21-2012, 07:36 PM   #3
DL1957
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tina4_98 View Post
I have a question

We have two reservations booked for our cruise. One for my husband, myself and my oldest daughter... other reservation is for my Mother In Law and my youngest daughter. was easier to book that way because my mother in law wanted to give this to my daughter as her gift BUT now...

we want to book an excursion and my Mother in law doesn't want to join. How will i go about adding my daughter that is in the other room to our excursion????

Thank you in advance!!!
Are you rooms linked? Are you the same castaway club level? If yes to both when you pullup the shoreexcursions you will see both your MIL and DD names that you can add to the shore excursions. We have done this with friends in the past. If they are not the same castaway club level you will have to book separately but can still book the same excursions. Good luck and enjoy your trip.
Copenhagen to Dover June, 2015!
Disneyland - over 100 visits
WDW - Over 10
DVC since 2001
DL1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:37 PM   #4
tina4_98
Mouseketeer

Phew!! thank you so much!
So then is it a good idea to not book the excursion in advance for us three and then add her? Or should we just wait and do the whole thing on the cruise?

Old 11-21-2012, 07:39 PM   #5
tina4_98
Mouseketeer

Yes we have our reservations Linked.... well at least i think we did. I did ask for it and was told by my TA that they are linked... Not sure how to check that

We are also all silver castaway club levels except for my little one as this is her first cruise but my mother in law is a silver as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by DL1957 View Post
Are you rooms linked? Are you the same castaway club level? If yes to both when you pullup the shoreexcursions you will see both your MIL and DD names that you can add to the shore excursions. We have done this with friends in the past. If they are not the same castaway club level you will have to book separately but can still book the same excursions. Good luck and enjoy your trip.

Old 11-21-2012, 07:42 PM   #6
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Booking the 3 of you in advance and adding the 4th while on board will only work if there is an opening after boarding--you can't count on that.

If your reservations are linked (whether you are the same Castaway Club level or not), when you log on, you should be able to see both reservations. IF you are within the booking window for both rooms, you will be able to book for both at that time. You don't have to book the whole room--you can book whichever people you wish. If you do not have the same booking window, book for the earliest window first and then when the window for the second room opens, book it then. At least at that point if it is full, you'll be able to cancel the first room with no penalty.

Another idea is that you can opt to book privately thru an independent vendor or a company like Shore Trips. They don't care who is in what room or what your booking window is!
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:47 PM   #7
tina4_98
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
Booking the 3 of you in advance and adding the 4th while on board will only work if there is an opening after boarding--you can't count on that.

If your reservations are linked (whether you are the same Castaway Club level or not), when you log on, you should be able to see both reservations. IF you are within the booking window for both rooms, you will be able to book for both at that time. You don't have to book the whole room--you can book whichever people you wish. If you do not have the same booking window, book for the earliest window first and then when the window for the second room opens, book it then. At least at that point if it is full, you'll be able to cancel the first room with no penalty.

Another idea is that you can opt to book privately thru an independent vendor or a company like Shore Trips. They don't care who is in what room or what your booking window is!

Thank you for letting me know.
I dont know how to check if our reservations are Linked... since i asked my TA to do it and she said it was done.... but when im looking at my Cruise reservation on DCL website im not sure where to look

Old 11-21-2012, 08:27 PM   #8
Goofy559
Cruise Junkie

When you go to book your excursion both cabins will show up if they are linked. Even though you booked through a TA disney will check for you whether your resrvations are linked and link them if they aren't

Disney Cast Member 1985 (Canadian Pavillion at Epcot) and 20+ Disney World visits
MV Britnannis 1982 no stabilizers!, MV Bolero -- Transatlantic -- 1991 and A bunch of others with my dad , Carnival 3-night Bahamas 2004, Disney Magic W Carib 2005, 2007, 2009, Med 2010, Sun Princess S Carib 2006, Adventure of the Seas S Carib 2008, Coral Princess Alaska 2008, Wonder 3-day bounceback 2009, Diamond Princess 16 night SE Asia Mar 2010, Disney Dream MV - Jan 2011, Allure of the Seas - Mar 2011, Disney Dream June 2011, Disney Fantasy MV - Mar 2012, Magic to Canada -Aug 2012, Wonder - California Oct 2012, Fantasy to San Juan - Mar 2013, Royal Princess MV - 21 days in Europe

[
Goofy559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:30 PM   #9
kcashner
DIS Veteran

If you can see both reservations when you go on line to book excursions/Palo/etc., they are fully linked.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: