DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2012, 02:00 PM   #31
nyck
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade1
We have reg DVC AP's that expire 4-1-13. Can we "renew" them to the PAP deal on or b4 that day? And is there a slight discount to renew? We have a feb trip planned regardless, but may scale it back a bit if we are sitting on PAP for all next year.
No. You have to buy the voucher before 12/31/12 and activate it before 12/31/13. So you would not renew the passes you have, you would let those expire 4-1-13 and ACTIVATE the vouchers you purchased at the $399 rate

nyck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:19 PM   #32
nickspace
DIS Veteran

We will not have enough points to stay as much as we want because we purchased the PAP. Now we are looking at Bonnet Creek for one of our trips.

nickspace is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2013, 08:48 PM   #33
MErnst
Mouseketeer

I'm sorry if this has already been asked here or if it's the wrong place....I purchased the PAP for $399 in October and activated the pass on 12/1/12. I thought that the pass expires one year from activation which would be 12/1/13. If that's the case, why do my passes state they expire 10/7/13. I'm confused....can anyone help?
MErnst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:29 PM   #34
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MErnst View Post
I'm sorry if this has already been asked here or if it's the wrong place....I purchased the PAP for $399 in October and activated the pass on 12/1/12. I thought that the pass expires one year from activation which would be 12/1/13. If that's the case, why do my passes state they expire 10/7/13. I'm confused....can anyone help?
It depends on what you mean by "purchased the PAP... in October". If you purchased an actual PAP at WDW in October then it was activated at the time you purchased it even if you did not enter a park with it and it expires one year later. If you mean that you purchased a voucher or certificate in October and then exchanged it for a PAP in December, then your expiration date should be one year from the day you picked up the actual PAP.

Someone else reported they got a PAP with an incorrect expiration date. I think they noticed it right away (while still at the ticket window) and were able to have it corrected.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:46 PM   #35
MErnst
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaS View Post
It depends on what you mean by "purchased the PAP... in October". If you purchased an actual PAP at WDW in October then it was activated at the time you purchased it even if you did not enter a park with it and it expires one year later. If you mean that you purchased a voucher or certificate in October and then exchanged it for a PAP in December, then your expiration date should be one year from the day you picked up the actual PAP.

Someone else reported they got a PAP with an incorrect expiration date. I think they noticed it right away (while still at the ticket window) and were able to have it corrected.
Yes, I ordered the PAP online, received exchange cards in the mail....activated them on Dec 1st at Hollywood Studios. Never checked expiration date. I found the other thread where a couple people were talking about the same problem. I called Guest Services and the CM gave me a phone number for ticketing that can validate and correct the problem. Unfortunately, they aren't open until Monday.
MErnst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:56 PM   #36
LisaS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MErnst View Post
Yes, I ordered the PAP online, received exchange cards in the mail....activated them on Dec 1st at Hollywood Studios. Never checked expiration date. I found the other thread where a couple people were talking about the same problem. I called Guest Services and the CM gave me a phone number for ticketing that can validate and correct the problem. Unfortunately, they aren't open until Monday.
I hope everything gets sorted out. It seems that in some cases, the CM is using the voucher purchase date instead of the date of exchange to set the expiration date. I wonder why the ticketing system doesn't generate the expiration date automatically?
Old 01-12-2013, 01:41 AM   #37
Sparkie
DIS Veteran

Disney Research wants to know also.

I just got an email asking about my discounted PAP purchase. It asked things like did I think it was a good value, would I purchase again, had I changed my trip plans based on the purchase of the pass, if so, how many extra trips had I planed, where would I stay, on site on points or cash, offsite, with friends, my home, if I had not bought the pass, what type of ticket would I have bought or would I even make an extra trip, was this my first AP purchase, where did I buy it, new or renewal, online, inperson, upgrade form another ticket, where did I first hear of the special pricing.... there were more questions but I thought it interesting.

We are pobably not the typical AP users. We were in Disney 10/12 and upgraded a 5 day ticket from UT because we knew we would come back next year for Food and Wine (only upgraded 2 adults-other family members were not with us and we did a family trip in 8/12) But we may go one additional time in May. Not sure if kids/grandkids will go or not. So we will most likely purchase tickets for that specific trip for them. Which was also a survey question.

I did add in the comment box at the end that based on the information from MyMagic+ and the rumored limiting of fastpasses for AP holders that if I had known there would be a difference between AP and nonAp then it could have influenced my decision to purchase the AP.

I think the price of the PAP was fantastic, especially for us. We used the ticket for 5 days in 10/12, for 5 days in May. and 7 or 8 days in Sept so price per day works out quite well. Even better if you are local and go multiple times.
Sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:01 AM   #38
rquebral
Earning My Ears

Since buying the pass, I booked AKV in November to try and hit the International food/ wine and Mvmcp. I was thinking about a trip in Aug too...Then all this thinking, convinced me to go next month. Unfortunately, I did not have enough points for all 3, so we are staying at POP in Feb.
rquebral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:05 AM   #39
Mariep26
DIS Veteran

I can't remember if I posted in this thread but we are doing three trips this upcoming year. Two on our own points and one on rented points. I would love to squeeze another trip in July but we shall see!
June 2010 - Swan & Dolphin, March 2012 - ASMo Toy Story room, December 8-15, 2012 - AoA Cars Suite, Feb 25 - Mar 1, 2013 - BLT LV Studio, May 9-13 - AoA Cars Suite, August 19-23, 2013 - BLT TPV Studio - Jax's 5th Birthday!!! - Nov 2-9, 2013 AoA Nemo - Oct 18-25, 2014 - Presley's 5th Birthday @ SSR 2brdm!!
Me: Marie, DH: Neil, DS: Jax , DD: Presley, D?: Baby #3 Due 12/20/14
Mariep26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:14 PM   #40
RCharnay
DIS Veteran

Can someone tell me if the PAP gives you a discount on any hotel rooms? Is there a site that gives more info on everything that Comes with the admissions. Now that we are planning extra trips, we may need to stay in hotel rooms a few nights to expand our DVC points.

Never mind. I found it on the wdw site. It appears the hotel discounts are sporadic. I'm guessing they usually aren't available near the holidays.
2008 - Nov - Hilton Head
2008 - December/Jan - OKW
2010-Jan-VWL
2011-Jan-OKW/BWV
2011-Mar-AK SV
2012-Mar & Dec-OKW
2013-Dec-OKW
2014-Jan & Mar & Oct & Dec-OKW

Last edited by RCharnay; 01-12-2013 at 04:19 PM.
RCharnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:16 AM   #41
tgropp
DIS Veteran

It has not changed my plans but it does benefit me in a good way. We will be there for three days at the start of our cruise in Feb and will be there for 10 days next Christmas. My plan was to use 3 days off of our non expire ticket that we have some days left on it and then get a 10 day park hopper for next Christmas. Instead, we got the Premium annual pass for approx the same price as a 10 day parkhopper and do not have to use three days off of our other ticket while there in Feb. There may even be some golf at Oak trail now also. Very good Perk. Thanks Claire!!!!!
Feb 2012: DCL Mexican Riviera Cruise Dec 2011: VWL/BCV
Christmas 2010: VWL
Nov 2009: BC Villas Dec 2008: VWL/AKV/ Dolphin
Dec 2007: BWV/VWL Feb 2007: Dolphin/DCL Eastern cruise/OKW/VWL
Christmas/New Years 2005: WL/Dolphin
Dec 2002: AKL/WL
Christmas/New years 2000: BC/WL Christmas/New Years 1998: WL/BC
Christmas 1996:WL Junior Suite Christmas 1994: WL
Dec 1992:CBR Dec1989, April 1983, Jan 1980: OffSite
tgropp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:55 AM   #42
wulfekamp
Mouseketeer

Looks like we are Adding a Christmas trip this year.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:09 PM   #43
joech
Mouseketeer

It changes our. We just come back after 11 nights stay during Christams & New year and we just purchased our flight to go back Oct 12-26.

We need more POINTS

1st DCL Oct 13-17
2013 Oct 12 -26 AKV Kidani (1st DCL Oct 13-17)
2012 Dec 22- Jan 3 AKV Kidani
2011 July 13-27 AKV Kidani
2010 Dec 25-30 Disneyland
2009 July 12-24 AKV Kidani
2008 Dec 25-Jan 4 AKV (1st trip home)Christmas 2008 AKV First Trip Home Report with Pictures
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2036527
2008 May 23-26 DVC Getaway Days Travel Expo
2007 Dec 15-29 AKL
2007 March 29-Apr 4 AKL/Contemporary
joech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:05 PM   #44
stitch'sgirl
Mouseketeer

Always the last to know

Oh, how did I miss this offer? Can someone tell me how they found out about the offer? Everytime I am on DCL or at WDW, I stop in the offices and tell them I don't get any email from them.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:17 PM   #45
drusba

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch'sgirl View Post
Oh, how did I miss this offer? Can someone tell me how they found out about the offer? Everytime I am on DCL or at WDW, I stop in the offices and tell them I don't get any email from them.
Members got emails in Sep and it was "news" on the official DVC Members site. If you are not getting emails, something is wrong and you cannot fix it at the WDW DVC kiosks or offices or on the DCL (those are sales division personnel not MS personnel who deal with your membership after you have it). Go on-line to the members site and to your profile to assure you have a correct email in there (after signing in, open "My Membership" tab near top and then click on "My Profile") . Also, try calling member services to report the issue and give it your email.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: