Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-18-2012, 01:57 PM   #1
DIS Veteran
Luv0fDisney's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,130

Talking Trips and Falls and everything in between..TR -UPDATE Day 5 part 3 --- 12/13

Welcome to my first Trip Report....

Here you will read about my ups and downs, ins and outs of this trip from November 12 to the morning of the 18th. Was the week before Thanksgiving a good week to go crowd wise?

Find out in this trip report!

Last edited by Luv0fDisney; 12-13-2012 at 08:34 PM.
Luv0fDisney is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 10:14 AM   #2
DIS Veteran
Luv0fDisney's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,130


Here's where I put my chapters of this trip. Yey!

Chapter 1 - Day 1
Day 1 Part 1
Day 1 Part 2
Day 1 Part 3

Chapter 2 - Day 2
Day 2 Part 1
Day 2 Part 2
Day 2 Part 3

Chapter 3 - Day 3
Part 1 of 1

Chapter 4 - Day 4
Day 4 Part 1 of 3
Day 4 Part 2 of 3
Includes a Video!
Day 4 Part 3 of 3

Chapter 5 - Day 5
Day 5 Part 1
Day 5 part 2
Day 5 Part 3 of 3

Last edited by Luv0fDisney; 12-13-2012 at 08:34 PM.
Luv0fDisney is offline  
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-19-2012, 10:15 AM   #3
DIS Veteran
Luv0fDisney's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,130

Wink Day 1 Part 1... The Arrival

"Trips, Falls and Everything in Between Trip Report"

So I just got back yesterday, November 18th at 12:00pm. It was an okay trip...literally. More on that later.

It was our 9th mother and daughter trip down to Disney World. My dad doesn't like long lines, florida weather or a lot of screaming kids so he stays home and takes care of the cat and dog.

We had a 7:10am Flight out of Newark on the 12th so we had to get up at 5am to walk the dog and get out of the house by 5:30am. We left right on time, the roads were sooo foggy it was hard to spot the toll booths and what not. But we got to the air port on time.

Once we were settled after security we were able to hop onto a cart and thank god we did. We would have never found our gate since it was sort of hidden.
Once we got on the plane, here is our window at 6:45am.

20-30 minutes later we were up in the air and soon we were landing at MCO. Let me tell you, flying has gotten worse over the years. The seats got so small, even if I was thin, the seats still were going to be small. There was also no space between our seat and the seat in front on UNITED.

Anyway, we headed to Magical Express where there was a medium size line. We were able to hop onto a 3rd bus. towards Pop Century.

another bus from our bus. lol.

We stopped at the Art of Animation. My mom was not really impressed with the outside decor of the place but I told her it's what inside the hotel in the back.

When we did get to Pop Century, I was very surprised where our PREFERRED room was. Our room number was 5157 in the 60's on the first floor! My mom also loved this area and so we will probably go preferred from now on. lol

Once in the room, I loved the new shampoo and soap they have this year so in the days to come I asked the maid service for extra shampoo's which she generously gave.

After a tour of the room, we headed to our first park of the trip...
Here I am under a Pop Sign near our first park que outside.

What park was our first park of the trip?
Stay tuned for Day 1 Part 2....
(I will try to minimize the pictures in my next chapter)

Last edited by Luv0fDisney; 11-19-2012 at 10:20 AM.
Luv0fDisney is offline  
Old 11-19-2012, 04:33 PM   #4
Class of 2008!
A tag, with sugar on top! ;-)
ilovedisney1's Avatar
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 9,991

I'm enjoying the pics and can't wait to read more.

ilovedisney1 is offline  
Old 11-20-2012, 05:07 PM   #5
DIS Veteran
Luv0fDisney's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,130

Wink Day 1 Part 2...First Park

So the first park of the vacation was..........

The Magic Kingdom. Usually in the past our first park was Hollywood Studios but I was anxious to play the new Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom card game.

We got 2 packs of cards in which we only 1 duplicate (Pumba from the Lion King). As we were playing it was getting rather aggitating that the cards would not work right. We later learned that it was better to hold the cards at hip length then to try to hold them up high. lol. Along with that, we learned that sometimes you need to use the crest of the card (aka the back).
On the walk to Frontier land we ran into the Main Street band. Here is a video I took with my Nikon D3100. (The rest of the movies in this trip report were taken with Flip Camcorder)

Magic Kingdom Band Video

So we headed over to Splash Mt.

After watching the band, we walked over to Splash Mt to hopefully get on. But when we got there we found out it was a 50 minute wait. So we hoped onto the train to go to Fantasyland.
From the train I got an awesome picture of Big Thunder Mt...I didn't think I got this picture but I did:

The train is always a nice ride, so when we got to fantasy land I took a few pictures of everything. Probably something you guys seen before in other Trip Reports but here is a picture.

We went into the new souvenier shop to trade pins and I thought their new idea to share pins is the cutest thing ever. Popcorn anybody?

I did not find any pins I liked here so we moved on. I decided that I was not too old to ride Dumbo, which would give me an excuse to see the new play area for younger kids.

The last time I was on Dumbo was in 1992 when I went with my grandpa (RIP).

(my mom took that picture of me, I hoped she would have gotten the front of my Dumbo. oh well)

After Dumbo we decided to go to fantasyland where we rode the spinning tea cups, the people mover and the carousel of progress.

I'm a bit red cause it was hot out. I didn't have a hat either. So I purchased one the day after since the sunscreen was a bit expensive for the amount you get...but anyway.
On the way to the Carousel of Progress we ran into this guy who was late for an important date

Carousel of Progress

By the time we got out we had to head out to lunch at downtown...but not before we got our picture taken by the castle.

Anyway, we left for dinner at Raglan Road

Will we get there in Time?
What did I order?
What is my rating of the Raglan Road for this trip?
Stay Tune for the next (and last) part of Day 1.

Last edited by Luv0fDisney; 11-20-2012 at 08:25 PM.
Luv0fDisney is offline  
Old 11-21-2012, 10:17 AM   #6
DIS Veteran
Luv0fDisney's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,130

Wink Day 1 Part 2....Dinner at Raglan Road

So we exited the park, and headed towards the monorail to The Contemporary Hotel.

We went there because it was the closest transportation to Downtown Disney.

(my mom on the bus)

unfortunately the bus driver went a different way I guess to miss all the traffic at 4:30pm. Our reservation was for 4:35pm so we were going to be late.

When we did get to Downtown, we stayed on the bus till the 2nd bus stop. We decided not to walk all away around so we took a short cut and walked through the parking lot to get there faster.

When we did get to Raglan Road we had a small wait (thank god). We were seated in a booth. I love booths more then tables because then I can put my camera right next to me.

For my dinner selection, we both decided to get a glass of beer...it's good to be over 21. . I had the cider beer which was good and my mom had a darker beer, not sure which one.

I had pre-picked out the Lambo Italiano. Last year I just had the Lambo which is lamb on the bone. However Lambo Italiano is strips of Lamb on top of pasta.

It was a good meal. But I'd give it 4 stars out of 5 because they give you a heck of a lot of lamb and not as much pasta. If I were them I would cut back on the lamb. But anyway, my mom had steak (not pictured).
For dessert, I picked the bread pudding and my mom had a pear like cake for dessert.

(Sorry for the bad picture)

Here is a picture of the irish dancers, they started dancing around 6:30pm.

We had left over bread pudding so we brought it back to the hotel to put in the refrigerator.

End of Day 1
(Day 1 was short because we got up so early, and on a plane for 2 hrs for the first day)
Luv0fDisney is offline  
Old 11-22-2012, 07:58 PM   #7
DIS Veteran
Luv0fDisney's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,130

Wink Day 2...Part 1. Breakfast and Park

This is where you will learn more about the trip report title.

The day started out okay except for the fact my feet hurt a lot and swollen (still look swollen today).

We had breakfast in the food court of Pop Century which consisted of the French Toast Platter and left over bread pudding. (Sorry No pictures).
Since our room was so close to the main building my mom went back to the room to drop off things before we head out to the park, as I went out to pin trade with the staff in the store. On the way out I slipped on something wet by the soda fountain. Not too big of a slip my foot just went out from under me. No big deal.

Anyway, we were heading to Epcot for part of the day mostly because the rest of the lines out side were packed. lol.

Same holiday decor as last year (Sometimes I wish they would change the Christmas Decor at least every year or so. (I know it's $$ but hey, it's not like the lunches are $2.00 - $4.00 like McDonalds).


Our first ride of the day was Figment of course. I wanted to see if they had any new Figment Souvenier's..

On the way over the Segway Tour was going on.

(my mom with tour guide)

Then we went onto Figment. We also talked to a cast member who also was a fan of the original ride of figment where they had dream finder... Sometimes I wish they would bring the ride back to it's original.

After the ride I noticed they had a new color wall thing...which was practically the only thing that was working in the room. I didn't get to play with it much as smaller kids wanted to play at the same time I was checking it out. It got me a little mad that people have no patience nor teaching kids about patience. But that's another issue that I don't want to go into in this trip report.

I did get the figment plush/magnet, I love Figment.

Then onto Nemo.

I had also gotten this picture on my phone but the day after I got back from Disney World I lost my phone so I had to get a new one...Bye Bye Disney World pictures. This happened to me back in 2008 when I lost my phone with all my Disney Pictures. Grrrr.

After Nemo I decided to see if we could change our lunch reservation to a dinner reservation for the next day but they did not have any openings, except for an 8pm, which is too late for us.

By the time we were done with Nemo and by the time I limped over to the middle of Epcot it was lunch time and we got our first lunch at the Electric Umbrella. We got our usual, hamburger and french fries and a drink. We also called my dad via my cell phone...

We also went into Mouse Gears where I took these pictures. I thought they were cool.

Anyway, after lunch we decided to make it over to Animal Kingdom since we had a 4:35pm reservation. I did a lot of pin trading on the way out as well.

End of Day 2...Part 1.

What did we do at Animal Kingdom?
What did we chose at Yak and Yeti?
Did my luck turn around?

Stay tuned!!!
Luv0fDisney is offline  
Old 11-23-2012, 10:55 AM   #8
DIS Veteran
Luv0fDisney's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,130

Red face

We were leaving Epcot Around 1pm since the previous day's journey did not work out too well, with only an hour to spare. So on our way out, we stopped for taking pictures.

We decided since the line for Spaceship earth was not too long, we jumped on. I really don't like this ride because a.) it's slow and b.) the picture never works for us in the end.

See? It worked for my mom but not for me.

Then we got on a bus to go to Animal Kingdom. There were just 3 other people on the bus with us so it wasn't too cramped.

Our first destination was Expedition Everest.

I decided to go to the single line. Last year there was no one on single rider line, but this year there was. Also last year I was able to ask for the front or back seat but this time I wasn't able to.

After Expedition Everest, our plans was to go on the train to the Rafiki's place but before we did we saw the Flights of Wonder show (for the first time). It was awesome. We got 2nd row seating.

I had taken a dozen or so pictures so I'll only show you a few

Then my mom saw that the safari was going to start so we hoped on. There was no one there and we got the first row right behind the driver. We got awesome pictures because the weather was so nice and the animals were out.... even the lionesses.

Can you Spot the giraffe?

(Are Zebra's white with black stripes? or black with white stripes? The answer: black with white stripes. The color of their nose indicates their dominate color)

After the safari it was time to head over to dinner at the Yak and Yeti. There we both ordered duck and the fried wonton. FYI: Day old Fried Wontons don't taste that good.

Even though the Yak and Yeti has become one of our favorite restaurants, we decided to not go there any more because the food is so rich. Also at the Yak and Yeti , on the way to the ladies room, I found $5.00 on the floor.

After Animal Kingdom, we went back to our hotel room, to put our Fried Wonton's in the Refrigerator.

Did we go to another park? Or did we stay back at the hotel?
Stay tuned for the conclusion of Day 2.

Last edited by Luv0fDisney; 11-23-2012 at 11:03 AM.
Luv0fDisney is offline  
Old 11-25-2012, 08:07 PM   #9
DIS Veteran
Luv0fDisney's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,130

Wink Day 2...Part 3

After we went to the resort to put the Fried Wonton's in the refrigerator, we went out to the Magic Kingdom. We first heard that it was open till 1am for people staying on property but then later learned it was opened for everyone...

So once we got to the Kingdom, we saw that the electric parade was going on.

I took a lot more pictures but I decided not to use ALL of them.
While the parade was going on we headed to the Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom.

After that, we headed to Adventureland.

We were going to go into the Fairies place but decided against it. We bypassed Pirates and headed towards Frontier land.

I went on Splash Mountain before it closed at 10pm for a technical issue, and then both my mom and I went on BTMRR which was awesome because we saw part of the Fireworks (Sorry no Pictures).

After those rides we walked over to the Haunted Mansion. We walked through a few stores in Frontierland, and then onto Haunted Mansion. We went through the regular que and not the cemetery since we didn't see anybody go through that line we thought it was closed.

I decided to go on Haunted Mansion and it wasn't that bad. I have had fears of death for the past few years and have avoided this ride.

We headed over to Fantasyland and went on Small Ride since Peter Pan was busy.

We went onto the Tea Cups before heading to Tomorrowland, since I wanted to go on Space Mountain. When we did get to Space Mountain, I got on line and while I was on line Space Mountain Broke. So I waited 20 minutes before hopping the guard and going back out the fast pass line. Argh. So disappointed.

On the way to the people mover we saw that some characters were dancing on the stage.

After the people mover we decided to head out. Where I got some great pictures of the lights at Magic Kingdom.

I took this pic of Donald Statue for my friend:

And we headed to the buses

Luv0fDisney is offline  
Old 11-25-2012, 08:46 PM   #10
Class of 2008!
A tag, with sugar on top! ;-)
ilovedisney1's Avatar
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 9,991

Does the line look different since now there are two lines? I haven't been on haunted mansion for like two years.

ilovedisney1 is offline  
Old 11-26-2012, 04:08 PM   #11
DIS Veteran
Luv0fDisney's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,130

Well I went into the regular line and it's not too different but there's like 2 entrences and the next time i go i want to go to the other line.
Luv0fDisney is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 12:15 AM   #12
DIS Veteran
Luv0fDisney's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,130

Wink Day 3 Part 1

Okay, our third day was our shortest day because I slipped in the cafeteria AGAIN. But this time it was more of a show, where i slipped onto my back and my camera went flying sort of. It hit the ground but it didn't come off my neck. After my fall, I was okay. I felt okay and was mostly worried about my $800.00 camera.

We had a Table Service for lunch at Coral Reef so we headed towards Epcot for at least half a day before going to Studios.
We got to Epcot.

I just love these pictures with Spaceship earth and a Monorail in the picture. As you might notice I also learned how to adjust the size of the pictures.
As we walked past Spaceship earth my legs were hurting like nothing I felt before. So we rented a wheel chair for half day to give my legs a break and not having to stay in the hotel for the whole day. I got a "Brave" name tag for the chair.

Our first ride for the day was Mission Space. We both did the less intense. This is where we met up with a cast member who was from Tom's River, New Jersey. My great grandparents were from Tom's River.

Here's another picture I took.

After Mission Space we headed over to the Universe of Energy... I really don't like this ride, I swear they made it super slow to be annoying. But Ellen was still comical.

By the time we left Universe, it was close to the time for lunch so we headed over to the Coral Reef.

But since it was not time, we went to look at the fish in the aquarium and of course the manatee's. They rescued these manatee's after they were hit by a boat propeller.. Poor guys.

After a visit to the manatee's and fish and a trip to the bathroom, it was lunch time. We headed to the restaurant where we were extremely lucky to get a table right by the aquarium where we saw a lot of cool fish such as sting rays, sharks, and even the sea turtle which I was hoping to see.

For lunch, I think my mom had the steak, and I had the new Lobster Pasta dish which was REALLY good. I'd go back to the Coral Reef just for this dish.
They give you a good amount of lobster. I would guess they put in 3/4 to a whole lobster tail maybe.The pasta itself is really yummy.

For dessert , my mom had a tart that I don't think was on the menu (since I searched at allears.net and could not find it.)

I have the chocolate wave, which was really good.

Soon the plate looked like this:


On the way out, I just had to take some more pictures of the inner decor. I thought the lights were awesome.

After lunch we decided to go back to the hotel. We were going to go to Studios but My leg hurt a lot and we decided to call it a day at 2pm.

For dinner I had a counter service which I got a pepperoni pizza (which my friend recommended). I also tried the tye dyed cheesecake and it was horrible. It tasted like a jar of icing more then cheesecake. Blah.

Anyway, that's day 3.

Last edited by Luv0fDisney; 11-28-2012 at 12:47 AM.
Luv0fDisney is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 02:55 AM   #13
DIS Veteran
OThopeful35's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: San Francisco, California
Posts: 750

Great report!! That Lobster pasta look so delicious!!
(DH) (ME) (DS10)

POR~Aug 2010 (1st visit) POFQ Aug 2011 POP/POFQ Aug 2013
OThopeful35 is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 09:12 AM   #14
DIS Veteran
Luv0fDisney's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,130


Originally Posted by OThopeful35 View Post
Great report!! That Lobster pasta look so delicious!!
Thanks! It is SOOOOOO good. I recommend it to everyone who goes to the Coral Reef.
It's pasta, with lobster that is topped with bread crumb like stuff. I was eating it and wondered what the green stuff was. lol
I think it is vegatable oil or something of that nature. I first thought it was like a seaweed lol.
Luv0fDisney is offline  
Old 11-28-2012, 10:22 AM   #15
DIS Veteran
Disney9.9.10's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ontario
Posts: 2,626

I thought that I already posted here, but apparently I didn't! So anyway, joining in! I love that you guys take so many mother daughter trips. I go on many trips with my mom but there are usually lots of people there too. We are going in December with just me, mom, grandma and my cousin, which is exciting! I am sorry about the falling, that is no fun I'm glad that you and your camera are okay though. You also have lots of great pictures in your TR! I look forward to seeing more

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR*November 2014 - AKL Kidani Village for E's First Trip!

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Disney9.9.10 is offline  

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.