Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2012, 09:33 PM   #1
FLVacationGirl
Mouseketeer

Skinny drink ideas on DCL

I did a quick search and couldn't find any skinny alcohol drink threads from 2012 on this topic so thought I would start a new one. For those of you keeping an eye on sugar and carbs, what do you drink on board?

I was thinking of mixing flavoured Grey Goose vodka with club soda? Possibly skinny mojitos (rum, club soda, lime, mint leaves, a tiny bit of sugar)... Any other ideas? I'm looking to stay away from any fake sweeteners. I guess wine is always a decent option too?

Watch, I'm saying this now with great intentions and then I'll probably down high cal pina coladas and margaritas on vacation. I keep hearing about the konk coolers. I would like to have just a few fun drinks but stick to healthier, even gluten-free if possible, options for the most part. I guess a mixology class is out of the question?
Old 11-18-2012, 09:41 PM   #2
boogabuzz
DIS Veteran

I brought a few bottles of skinny girl!

I drank it between all the yummy drink of the days! They balance each other out, right?!?
boogabuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-18-2012, 09:59 PM   #3
FLVacationGirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogabuzz View Post

I drank it between all the yummy drink of the days! They balance each other out, right?!?
Looks like a good balance to me!

I did a quick check to see her natural her products are and found this quote. 'I'm not making wheatgrass here. If I could put an agave plant and some limes on a shelf I would. The Skinnygirl Margarita is as close to nature as possible, while still being a shelf-stable product,' she told Access Hollywood.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:01 AM   #4
Couchy
DIS Veteran

Personally I do not care for the Skinnygirl line of alcohol. It has a strange flavor and texture to me. I do like lower calorie drinks though.

Here is what I do:

Coconut rum and diet coke or cherry coke zero
Gin and sprite zero ( very refreshing)
grey goose and sprite ( i like the orange grey goose with the sprite zero )

I try to find balance , otherwise I could easily drink 1500-2000 calories a day

4 trips as a kid.2002-Westgate, 2004 -Hilton DTD, 2005 -Westgate, 2007 -Royal Sun DTD, 2008 Hilton DTD, April 2011 -Swan, Dec 2011-Dolphin/ Yacht Club , Feb 2012 -Solo@Swan , April 2012-Dolphin with our friends, june/july 2012 - Beach Club
Couchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:05 AM   #5
Douvres Family
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLVacationGirl View Post
Looks like a good balance to me!

I did a quick check to see her natural her products are and found this quote. 'I'm not making wheatgrass here. If I could put an agave plant and some limes on a shelf I would. The Skinnygirl Margarita is as close to nature as possible, while still being a shelf-stable product,' she told Access Hollywood.
Quote:

I just had SkinnyGirl White Wine over the weekend. Though I would normally not drink a wine you have to unscrew...I did enjoy this white wine and it has become one of my favorite "low cal" drinks. I'm not sure if I'm ready to try her Red Wine.
I was not a fan of her Margarita...but did enjoy her Sangria...

WDW 1976, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1996, 1999...Puerto Rico 2000...WDW 2001, 2002...DCL Wonder 2003...Mayan Riviera MX 2007 & 2008...WDW 2009, 2010, DCL Dream 2012, DCL Dream 2013, Mayan Riviera 2013
Douvres Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:08 AM   #6
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Of course....its all about balance!
Old 11-19-2012, 10:39 AM   #7
kristinfly2
Mouseketeer

We tried skinny girl margarita on our cruise two weeks ago and didn't care for it at all. We brought our tervis cups and used crystal light margarita mix with our own tequila. Much better! They also make a mojito mix!
kristinfly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:49 AM   #8
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Skinny girl margarita---YUCK!
stsomewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:55 AM   #9
mstee777
Mouseketeer

I enjoyed the skinny girl Cosmo but will be sure to stay away from the Rita.
mstee777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:59 AM   #10
Douvres Family
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristinfly2 View Post
We tried skinny girl margarita on our cruise two weeks ago and didn't care for it at all. We brought our tervis cups and used crystal light margarita mix with our own tequila. Much better! They also make a mojito mix!
Great idea...I didn't know about that mix...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstee777 View Post
I enjoyed the skinny girl Cosmo but will be sure to stay away from the Rita.
Agreed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stsomewhere View Post
Skinny girl margarita---YUCK!
Agreed!

WDW 1976, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1996, 1999...Puerto Rico 2000...WDW 2001, 2002...DCL Wonder 2003...Mayan Riviera MX 2007 & 2008...WDW 2009, 2010, DCL Dream 2012, DCL Dream 2013, Mayan Riviera 2013
Douvres Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 11:53 AM   #11
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

I've done well with a vodka cranberry. (Vodka & cranberry juice). It's very refreshing, and not too high in calories/sugar, since cranberry juice isn't terribly sugary.

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:02 PM   #12
Sox1N04
Earning My Ears

We were just on a 4-day cruise on the Dream. You can request a Fresh Lime Margarita. It's made with fresh lime juice, tequila, cointreau, and agave nectar. It's by far the lowest calorie, good tasting margarita you can have. Be sure to visit the bartender in Skyline. He is the best!! Wish I could remember his name.
Sox1N04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:18 PM   #13
ctalley
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox1N04 View Post
We were just on a 4-day cruise on the Dream. You can request a Fresh Lime Margarita. It's made with fresh lime juice, tequila, cointreau, and agave nectar. It's by far the lowest calorie, good tasting margarita you can have. Be sure to visit the bartender in Skyline. He is the best!! Wish I could remember his name.
Margaritas are my favorite. I will definitely try this on our May cruise. I also want to try the Crystal light margarita mix.

I recently tried vanilla vodka mixed with diet sparkling cranberry juice. It was an enjoyable light option.
ctalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:15 PM   #14
DesertGal
Mouseketeer

I too was wanting to limit mg alcohol calories. I dis have one sail away piña colada and another at bingo but stuck with dirty martinis every night. I had them with the cheap vodka but then upgraded to a premium vodka and they were delicious. If you add the calories from the olives and olive juice I estimate they are around 150?

Our dreams come true:
DS Alec 7
DD Olivia 5
DesertGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:01 PM   #15
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Alcohol has 7 calories per gram--higher than carbs or protein. Reality, ANY alcoholic beverage will contribute to the waist and hips...the issue is one of balance and quantity. You can combat the alcohol by using the stairs, visiting the fitness center (and doing something there!), eliminating the desserts or munchies, or taking off 5 pounds before the cruise and not caring if it comes back on during the vacation.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: