Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2012, 11:26 AM   #1
starrysky
DIS Veteran

Well I've only gone and done it

We have booked 12th October to the 26th October. We have decided to go back to POFQ and use the counter service plan. While we loved OKW we found that we missed the compact size of POFQ and we felt really tied as well with the full DDP and all the ADRs. Can't wait to go back.

1986 Hilton Downtown Disney, 1992 Offisite Kissimmee, 2006 Offsite (sheraton vistana) 2009 POFQ, 2010 POR, 2011 OKW, 2012 OKW, 2013 POFQ

starrysky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:30 AM   #2
Marl
Mouseketeer

Great news, nothing beats the post holiday blues better than booking another one!
We love the compact size of POFQ too
April 1995 DLRP Hotel Cheyenne, Nov 1998 Hawthorn Suites I.Drive, Nov 1999 Enclave Suites I.Drive, Nov 2003 Orlando Home, Feb 2006 Orlando Home, Aug 2009 Caribbean Beach Resort, Aug 2010 Port Orleans Riverside, Aug 2011 Port Orleans French Quarter, Oct 2011 DLRP Sequoia Lodge, Aug 2012 Port Orleans French Quarter, Aug 2013 POFQ & Beach Club Aug 2014 - AoA & AKL
Marl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2012, 01:15 PM   #3
PJB71
DIS Veteran

congratulations happy planning
Old 11-16-2012, 02:30 PM   #4
queendisney
DIS Veteran

how lovely to have something to look forward to.

I'm with you on the dining plan, can't be doing with making all those ADR, give me the counter service one anyday so you can just eat when you feel hungry and which ever park you happen to be in at the time.

LOVE POR and POFQ lots..

Walt Disney World resort 18 times, off resort 2 times. Disneyland Paris approx. 20 times. Disneyland California.
queendisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:51 PM   #5
starrysky
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone

Our first on site visit was to POFQ and we loved it. I am looking forward to the one bus stop as well. I got a bit fed up this year after all the going round OKWs multiple stops.

When the good deals were on for OKW this year and last it made more sense to stay there. For next year the price even with the full DDP was just too high for us to justify the tiny bit more space in the studio room or the even higher ammount for the 1bdr. I do still love the resort but it just not the value it was in the previous offers.

DH said he did not feel the need to book so many places and TBH I can't believe I am saynig this but I don't think we will make any ADRS.

Just need to wait for the flights to come out and we will be all set.

Just noticed I need to make another ticker

1986 Hilton Downtown Disney, 1992 Offisite Kissimmee, 2006 Offsite (sheraton vistana) 2009 POFQ, 2010 POR, 2011 OKW, 2012 OKW, 2013 POFQ

Old 11-17-2012, 03:59 AM   #6
catherine
Hey not fair, you guys already have a bunch of tags, and poor me I haven't got one
Cheer up. You've been tagged by the tag fairie

Have fun planning!

"In the middle of difficulty, lies opportunity." Albert Einstein

catherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:28 AM   #7
married2mm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrysky View Post
Thanks everyone

Our first on site visit was to POFQ and we loved it. I am looking forward to the one bus stop as well. I got a bit fed up this year after all the going round OKWs multiple stops.

When the good deals were on for OKW this year and last it made more sense to stay there. For next year the price even with the full DDP was just too high for us to justify the tiny bit more space in the studio room or the even higher ammount for the 1bdr. I do still love the resort but it just not the value it was in the previous offers.

DH said he did not feel the need to book so many places and TBH I can't believe I am saynig this but I don't think we will make any ADRS.

Just need to wait for the flights to come out and we will be all set.

Just noticed I need to make another ticker
we stayed at okw in 2010, our first time onsite, in a 2 bed villa.
we loved the resort and the total disney bubble.
we didnot love the ddp.
having to decide where you want to eat so far in advance is crazy!
really didn't like being tied to having to be somewhere at a certain time.
didn't like hanging around waiting to be seated 30 minutes past adr time-or sometimes even longer!
kids didn't like character meals- but at least we tried!

the following year, we stayed at ssr, in a 2 bed, again with free ddp.
we didnot book any ts meals, sometimes ate breakfast at olivias, but had loads of credits remaining.

we decided to return to okw, and do the same again, just use the ddp as qsdp to suit us, eat where you want-when you want, however the price was outrageous!

so,we booked por with free qsdp and thoroughly enjoyed it. we still had many credits remaining-the amount of food is incredible-but i don't care-we do not feel compelled to eat something, just because you can-
we definitely do not follow the all you care to eat plan.

fast forward to 2013 and we have booked pofq also-so it's always good to hear positive stories about it.
married2mm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:19 PM   #8
starrysky
DIS Veteran

Looking forward to winging it next year. If we want an ADR then we will book it and that way we can take each day as it comes.

POFQ is awesome though and the QS options between there and POR will more than sustain us. OKW really needs a better selection of QS food. Plus the bar area at OKW is not really practice if it's raining for example as the seating inside is very limited.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: